Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Remote Control for the Older Generation

• 02-09-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am writing this post out of pure frustration in regards to the remote control for the standard UPC STB (Pace Dc621ku).
    Now I don't have a UPC tv subscription, this has to do with my mother who is 75 years old, of perfectly sound mind, but not the best of health & a complete technophobe. Anything involving pressing buttons is normally daunting & she can get very flustered & upset when she can't get something to work.

Saying that, she had been doing OK with the UPC remote, but it has become an utter joke over the last year or so. In the beginning I was blaming her for being a technophobe, I even bought a one4all remote that worked for a while, then didn't.
    She reverted back to the UPC remote but I had to swallow a major piece of humble pie after a visit one day, the remote was almost impossible to get it to do what you wanted & would persistently return to some bloke called something like 'Plague Boyle'.

Would it be possible to have UPC prosecuted for assaulting my mother with this Plague Boyle bloke?
    How the hell do UPC expect the older generation to have a clue what he's banging on about?

I can not understand how any company is legally allowed to supply defected equipment on anybody, but specifically to the older generation. So I will be convincing her to stop paying for such defective equipment & get rid of UPC altogether. She can get all the basic channels she wants from free-view + Saorview or if she wants, Sky.
    Having used both, I would say they are much more User Friendly.

P.S. I have read the forums & tried the various tips to get the damn thing to work properly, but they only seem to be temporary solutions & don't solve the underlying problem, Poor equipment design.
    Also why do people pay to watch ads, I just don't understand it because the crap in between the ads certainly isn't worth paying for!

Pssst. I personally have the UPC 100/120 mb broadband & love it, never had a problem since I got it a year ago, touch wood.

Comments

Advertisement