Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Season 4 (use [Spoilers] please)

• 02-09-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭

May as well start a new thread for the upcoming series.

Sunday Oct. 13 is the season premiere!

here's a tiny teeny weeny teaser

I just rewatched all of season 3 again, and it was awesome, looking forward to the new season :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

It was certainly a lot better than season 2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

season two was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Way to many spoilers to copy paste ha

another teeny teaser

Theres another +3min trailer but I can't post vids

• Advertisement

of course you can post videos, if you're unsure of how to here's a quick reminder.

You'll need the read the charter for a tutorial on posting videos. And you should have read it already in fairness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Its almost that time of the year again, cant wait. I don't knowabout anyone else but I had to put all thoughts of TWD out of my mind for the summer in order not to go into a mourning period. I spent the summer reading and watching the Game of Thrones books and series, I had to stay away from all things zombie but today I downloaded a zombie book for my kindle and I am back in zombie mode.:P

I've done that too with game of thrones, it's great! plus boardwalk empire is back on too, it's all entertainment from here til christmas :)

Daisy M wrote: »
    Its almost that time of the year again, cant wait. I don't knowabout anyone else but I had to put all thoughts of TWD out of my mind for the summer in order not to go into a mourning period. I spent the summer reading and watching the Game of Thrones books and series, I had to stay away from all things zombie but today I downloaded a zombie book for my kindle and I am back in zombie mode.:P

Haha same-ish...it can be cool tho if you follow the filming reports and schedules to help give you some ideas as to what to expect :)

loads of pictures and spoilers here for the upcoming season :)

link

Also..
    912246bd-b4e8-eb9b-0c05-5ca963e3db51_TWD_401_GP_0507_0076-630x419.jpg

Damn you Dixon!

• Advertisement

1375236_754716531221174_1946215647_n.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I can't find one with all the original characters :( But this is close enough..

Just missing Carol and Daryl I think.

1380120_425443710893595_347109913_n.jpg

I really thought this forum would be much more active. There has been all directors for S4 released, half the writers, a death, loads of casting, the first four episodes and there summaries, character descriptions for S4 etc. I can't keep here up to date with other TWD commitments and college...its a shame I would love more people to be interested in TWD

There is too much to bring between places now but I will try to get summaries on both places if I can

Use spoilers. I've also sent you a pm regarding this, read through it.

The interest in the show usually occurs as it airs, as it hasnt aired yet, there is little to no interest. You may also want to know that there is a dedicated TWD forum right here in the arts/television/thewalkingdead section, which is also very quiet at the moment for the same reason it's quiet here. ie: it's not on d'telly yet! :)

The reason i have (use spoilers please) is to protect those that have not seen the series yet and still want to discuss it. Not everyone can see it the minute it airs in the U.S and people are curious by their very nature, so..
    spoilers
    are there to benefit us all and keep people (like me) from throwing a fit if someone posts a spoiler without the blackout tags around it.

Now that i've explained that, let me explain something else. If someone does post a spoiler without tags in this thread after that explanation they will be beaten with the ban-hammer, severely.

Use spoilers. I've also sent you a pm regarding this, read through it.

The interest in the show usually occurs as it airs, as it hasnt aired yet, there is little to no interest. You may also want to know that there is a dedicated TWD forum right here in the arts/television/thewalkingdead section, which is also very quiet at the moment for the same reason it's quiet here. ie: it's not on d'telly yet! :)

The reason i have (use spoilers please) is to protect those that have not seen the series yet and still want to discuss it. Not everyone can see it the minute it airs in the U.S and people are curious by their very nature, so..
    spoilers
    are there to benefit us all and keep people (like me) from throwing a fit if someone posts a spoiler without the blackout tags around it.

Now that i've explained that, let me explain something else. If someone does post a spoiler without tags in this thread after that explanation they will be beaten with the ban-hammer, severely.

Cool.

1381857_759027170790110_2104497090_n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So what channel?

wont be on any channel here til late next week, but 'Fox' i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

wont be on any channel here til late next week, but 'Fox' i guess.

Just bought season 3 had 2 and 1 to re-watch till next week

• Advertisement

1376385_759028407456653_344203911_n.png

Thought this one was good :)

1377998_10201112266301054_1583213213_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I hope they get out of the jail.

So it's Mondays sorted from now on :D Wish Netflix did the same as with Breaking Bad, each new episode available the following day...

if they did that i might even consider subscribing to them again

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    So what channel?

comment removed :pac:

It's also on SFX on Friday, if you want to avoid the internet all week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

So what day will be be on?

Ep 1 Leaked on google if you have $27.99
    Reviews also out for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So what day will be be on?

Friday 10pm on fox on sky,if you have sky.

Anyone seen it yet?

Pretty good start IMO! Some predictable moments, but that's always going to be the way.

• Advertisement

Here we go!
    Well, got Zach's death spolied this morning. No major character, so no great loss. Beth is hardcore, the way she took it. But as she said, you get used to it.

Only noticed now, the walkers are pretty much rotten bodies but their teeth are in perfect condition to tear through fabric/clothes :D

That was a very good twist, people (and I assume animals) getting sick all of a sudden. Not liking suddenly all so many characters. Hopefully the walker kid will handle that....

The shop scene was good, all them falling from teh ceiling and exploding. Producers are getting grimmer with the zombies.

And Daryl the ladies man hahaha

I'm not sure about the
    sick animals
    at all, and if that's related to milhouse van houten
    dying at the end
    . That to me looked like a
    hemorrhagic fever
    . It looked like he'd
    loads of blood coming from his eyes, nose and mouth
    .. If so, then
    Daryl could be infected as he shook hands with yer man at the start

I'm probably overreaching on a simple plot
    of the animals being named (Violet the hog, and Nick the nametagged zed) and the two dead or dying hogs, violet and the Irish girls breakfast outside with Rick.

Agreed though yeah, great first episode back. The
    mall scene
    was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

really enjoyed the first episode, looks like its going to be a good series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Great start I thought, the supermarket scene was well thought out bar
    how did a load of zombies get on the roof.
    really scary situation to get stuck in.

Just finished watching it now. Great episode. The make up is fantastic, even better than before imo.

And
    loooaaadddssss of zombies
    Hoorah :pac:
    The animals getting sick and dying is a nice new twist, I thought that pig was gonna reanimate and make a run for Rick
    When I was looking for torrents I noticed the next episode is called "Infected", sounds promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ScumLord wrote: »
    Great start I thought, the supermarket scene was well thought out bar
    how did a load of zombies get on the roof.
    Actually now that I think of it,
    people take refuge on the roof, the helicopter crashes because there's a zombie on board which in turn infects all the survivors on the roof.

• Advertisement

people take refuge on the roof, the helicopter crashes because there's a zombie on board which in turn infects all the survivors on the roof.
    But
    you'd think they'd be quick enough to run away. There's a helicopter crashing into you! Unless the street/supermarket was full of Zs...

Also,
    they are walking around the roof, there's the helicopter, but the roof collapses as soon as Daryl and co. get there :rolleyes:

I thought Daryl mentioned being there recently and the army setting the place up. Maybe the army, or whoever lured the zs to the roof and trapped them there before absailing down the building or something
    :pac:
    Barna77 wrote: »
    Also,
    they are walking around the roof, there's the helicopter, but the roof collapses as soon as Daryl and co. get there :rolleyes:
    The area of the roof over where the booze was in the shop was soaking wet, the zs weren't all in that area until the noise of the shelves falling over attracted them all there. Grasping at straws, I know, but just sayin'
    ;)

Moral of the story...dont put alcohol back on shelves....it could kill you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Barna77 wrote: »
    But
    you'd think they'd be quick enough to run away. There's a helicopter crashing into you! Unless the street/supermarket was full of Zs...

Also,

I don't think you should think too much about it. It's about zombies after all.
    If people were on the roof of a shop surrounded by zombies and the supermarket had a helicopter crash into it, where would they run to?
    Also you could say the helicopter crashing into the roof weakened it and then a couple of years of the elements brought it close to breaking.

But that's thinking too much. :P

There's a good article on cracked.com about why a zombie apocalypse would fail quickly.

I'm thinking it's more than likely that a firefight broke out on board the chopper possibly while there were infected and people on the roof trying to evacuate, the fuel/engine was hit in the scuffle, burning it out - the recently dead/infected tore through the remaining crew and survivors on the roof, the fire from the aviation fuel weakened the roof, and time weathered it enough to be just strong enough to hold the zombies that were on it. The falling racks and stock rocked the girders enough to loosen and cave in the already weak roof.

• Advertisement

Saw this this morning. Thought it was excellent.

1184796_10151668586691231_1726751533_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Haven't been here in a while, long time no see folks!

Great episode. We're in for a real treat if it's the one setting the bar. :D
    Really liked that Carol was teaching the children to defend themselves under the pretense of "story time". In that world, there's no sense in coddling children.

Hey Zomg :)

I love Carol. Dont get any ideas, even Daryl knows better! :P hah

Kidding aside, yeah you're right,
    i wonder what the rest of the group would make of it, and if carl will rat her up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

From a plot standpoint I hope he doesn't or even joins in because it is vital to the children's survival. From a viewer standpoint I hope he does because I want to see reactions, Rick's in particular. Of course, if Patrick/Milhouse Van Houten isn't dealt with quickly it might not matter either way. Don't know if it has already been mentioned but I only just realised that the look of his face was similar to one of the walkers outside that Rick noticed at least twice during the episode. Between that and the dead pig I think something big is going on.

yeah same here,
    looked like an ebola type deal with the bloody eyed Z and Millhouse at the end, infection spread through animal meat maybe..
    it'll be fun finding out anyway :)

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Don't know if it has already been mentioned but I only just realised that the look of his face was similar to one of the walkers outside that Rick noticed at least twice during the episode. Between that and the dead pig I think something big is going on.
    Agreed

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Zombie swine flu!

Zombies seem to be getting a bit gooey. Looks like you could stick a q-tip into them and kill them.

Why does Rick not want to carry a gun? Was it because of Andrea's death? Become a pacifist?

It's probably over the whole massacre in the finale of season 3, his son also callously shot dead a surrendering woodburyite, he's not been himself since Lori croaked it and he knows it. Or it could be something else that we've not seen yet or a culmination of everything.

Ricks anti-guns beacause he wants a sense of normalness returning to life......he's not long before changing

teaser for tonight's airing of episode 2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement