Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead Season 4 (use [Spoilers] please)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

okay, i asked you nicely not to spoil things like that before it's been aired. Consider this your final warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Was thinking there could be something wrong with Daryl. Patrick got sick soon after Daryl sucked his own fingers then shook Patrick’s hand. Could be way off but ya never know this show.

he also licked his fingers before that handshake too..

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Sorry didnt know a vague sentence was clarified as a "spoiler" here had no idea it was THAT strict here but fine I will strongly censor any comments I ever make again due to high strictness

he also licked his fingers before that handshake too..

How is something thats already happened back in Ep1 a "spoiler" I am wondering? Contradicts my final warning a bit.....anyway I'm tired and dont wanna get in **** so i'll just log off for now. MIGHT try and talk about
    tonights episode tommorow

Sorry noel

There was nothing vague about that spoiler. Look, you posted a spoiler before the episode has aired anywhere, without using spoilers, after you were warned twice on this thread and in PM.

That's not me bring strict, that's you ignoring mod instruction and have no regard for the other readers and users of these forums. Now we can leave it here with a warning or we can go further. I'd suggest you tone down the attitude and adhere to the advice I've given you, or you can find yourself another forum to annoy with spoilers before episode air.

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Sorry noel

Okay, that's fine, just keep the spoilers
    spoilered
    , and after they air.

Interesting episode..

rat feeder.. any guesses to who it could be? i'm thinking screwedupkid or Carol. Could be the same people/person for the burnjob at the end.. that was nasty, also fanatically survivalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Theories out there say it's Sasha, but I can't imagine why now.

The father's death with the two girls around was quite hardcore. But then, with all the new people in the jail they were bound to get slaughtered.

Also, Glenn and Maggie have survived two seasons.... Is the pic another of those signals of "you're next" like in war movies? haha

Wondering, are they taking the pigs to American tv as they did here with the Love/Hate cat? :pac:

Great episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I don't know why, but with Rick turning into 'that guy' I'm leaning towards him being the one who burned the two infected people. But then I also disagree with myself as Rick isn't that psycho.. Or is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Must...not....read....spoilers :pac:

Won't even gt a chance to download this until Friday, so I may as well just wait to watch it on Fox. Mind you, download = no ads.

Definitely don't read the spoilers!!!

Great episode. This is the first time I've been completely caught up and don't have another episode to turn straight on, I'm not sure I like having to wait :D On the upside I'm not spending half the night watching "just one more" and seeing Zombies in my sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Great episode! Can't wait for the next one :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Definitely don't read the spoilers!!!

Great episode. This is the first time I've been completely caught up and don't have another episode to turn straight on, I'm not sure I like having to wait :D On the upside I'm not spending half the night watching "just one more" and seeing Zombies in my sleep.

I was quite disappointed to not have any zombie dreams after last week's episode. I must be immune now :( :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

why did the
    girl in the woods try to kill rick had she an irish accent
    do zombies not deteriorate its season 4

MOD: Use spoilers not everybodies up to date.

starskey77 wrote: »
    why did
    the girl in the woods try to kill rick had she an irish accent
    do zombies not deteriorate its season 4
    She did yeah, Cark accent bai i believe.
    there's a few lines of thought on why the zombies don't deteriorate, one is that the body is not truly dead, only the brain is, another is that the infection has killed the body and is very slowly deteriorating it.

Max brooks' (again i know) has the best explanation of it.
    Source
    The toxicity level of undead flesh, combined with the 100% fatality rate for infected lifeforms significantly slows down the process of decomposition. This is because all organisms, even the bacteria that play a role in natural decomposition, are also killed when in contact with Solanum. This has the noteworthy side-effect of making many zombies odorless, due to the absence of the bacteria responsible for body odor and the traditional smell of rotting flesh. Zombies that have been undead for many months may start to show minor signs of topical decay, and the recently turned may smell because humans void their bowels after death. Other than that, zombies produce no odor.

Bloody hope I dont get in **** again but this information is so widely available I bloody hope I don't will tag anyway to be safe anyone who has watched either the SDCC trailer (widely available for about 2-3 months) or the trailer for the next episode
    Isolation which aired during the credits for this episode shows the same scene involving Carl & Hershel and a walker in poor shape mobilitywise with regards their deterioration

Mod edit: fixed your spoiler tags. I know you tried, but they didn't show properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Anyone else really happy that they brought in the threat from infection from illnesses etc. Instead of the only threat being getting bitten or killed by other humans. It add's a sense of basic survival-ism. I think the dead mama pig really brought this to light, but I have a feeling there is a lot of plot development to follow regarding this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Totally Off Topic but if every single post contains spoilers would it not be handier just to change the thread title to "The Walking Dead Season 4 - Don't read if you want to avoid spoilers".

If people aren't up to date they should be able to stay away from the thread. I don't see the point of opening this thread and then not showing the spoilers.

Spoilers don't seem to work very well on mobile devices. Or maybe it's just me.

• Advertisement

The reason is mainly due to the air date in the US and Europe being almost a week in the difference.

Some of us get to see it and want to discuss it, whilst others watch on the later Europe air date. It simply wouldn't be fair for anyone to spoil the show for others that haven't seen it and disqualify them from discussing TWD.

I realise that it's a pain on mobiles with all the spoilers, but i'd prefer if they remained for the protection of people that are not up to date with the US air dates.

You *could* have a thread for each episode with no spoiler tags. Just a suggestion - sorry to bring it even further off topic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You *could* have a thread for each episode with no spoiler tags. Just a suggestion - sorry to bring it even further off topic :)
    Along those lines, rather than making a new thread for each episode (which may get out of hand) we put a post up on Sunday night with a note that we'll be discussing the new episode from that post on. Some thing along the lines of..

We will be discussing episode 03 season 4 below
    If you have not seen this episode beware spoilers below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

why not just start a new thread with "spoilers US air date" or something along those lines in the heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just stay away from the thread until you've seen the latest episode. That's what I do. Simple.

And I'd also say stay away from internet. Got some spoilers for TWD, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones on facebook... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Anyway, we better stop wandering off topic, that's how people end up zombified.

I'll continue to use spoilers up until we sort out a definitive way of dealing with spoilers.
    Pretty lapse security measures at the prison, if everyone had at least closed their cell doors and just tied it off with a bit of rope wouldn't even need to lock them in problem would have been averted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

absolutely fantastic season again...the missus and i are addicted..actually considering watching it from the start for the 50th time....are we the only ones who feels that pervasive sense of dread all the time...almost every scene outside always has a z in the background at the fence or meandering around....i actually said at one stage why the hell am i watching this for this sense of constant tension...always hate when they say everything is going well or it looks like its going to well...sure sign all hell is going to break loose...

they have done a great job so far on this season - i really hope the spin off series is a prequel and covers the beginning....would love to see how it starts....unless they pull a bobbie ewing in it...

its in the same category as breaking bad in our humble opinion. amc really own tv at the moment...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I really enjoyed that episode. I actually felt tense while rock paper scissors later was in the shower room. Didn't see that coming with Michonne.
    I thought she was being paranoid about the possibility of the baby being sick. Guess she must have lost a child. Should have seen it coming when Beth was talking about the names we give to the bereaved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement