Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog run?

• 02-09-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd get a dog run for cheap? Tried adverts donedeal etc but none cheap enough.
    It's to fit a space of 9foot x 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

what you looking to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Anyone know where I'd get a dog run for cheap? Tried adverts donedeal etc but none cheap enough.
    It's to fit a space of 9foot x 12

We're making a 19foot x 21foot one at the minute, out of pallets ;) Depends on the dog obviously, but ours is a medium sized collie, so the 4 x 4 pallets are tall enough that he can barely get his paws on the top, let alone hop out. There are 6 x 6 pallets if you have a bigger dog.

Just a cheaper suggestion, and the pallets can be painted nice colours if you want them to look nice in the garden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

jap gt wrote: »
    what you looking to spend

Bout 120-150
    I was considering making it but I'd be getting into it and then lose where I am ha

Bout 120-150
    I was considering making it but I'd be getting into it and then lose where I am ha

We priced loads, couldn't find them cheap at all, but the little brackets, screws and pallets cost a grand total of €20 and another €15 for a tin of varnish. We're going out this weekend to get some screw-hooks and hanging baskets with flowers to tidy it up! If you put the pallets with the upward part facing inwards, it just looks like a tidy picket fence - the pallets are easy to replace, just use a screwdriver to take off the bracket and remove the broken pallet. Also really handy for using in rented accommodation, since you can just take apart the fence and move it with you!

Metal ones are fine and handy if you couldn't be bothered to make one or are not very handy with a screwdriver, but I think they look awful ugly and kinda daunting when it comes to putting a dog into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We priced loads, couldn't find them cheap at all, but the little brackets, screws and pallets cost a grand total of €20 and another €15 for a tin of varnish. We're going out this weekend to get some screw-hooks and hanging baskets with flowers to tidy it up! If you put the pallets with the upward part facing inwards, it just looks like a tidy picket fence - the pallets are easy to replace, just use a screwdriver to take off the bracket and remove the broken pallet. Also really handy for using in rented accommodation, since you can just take apart the fence and move it with you!

Metal ones are fine and handy if you couldn't be bothered to make one or are not very handy with a screwdriver, but I think they look awful ugly and kinda daunting when it comes to putting a dog into it.

I'd love to see some pics of this ShaSha! Sounds brilliant.

• Advertisement

Cocolola wrote: »
    I'd love to see some pics of this ShaSha! Sounds brilliant.

Soon as its done I'll post pics!

Advertisement