Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24MB upgrade??

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a letter in the door informing me that I had automatically been upgraded to 24MB BB.
    However, I've checked my speed several times since and I am still getting 5.3MB.
    Just wondering what the story is?

Thanks,

IM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a letter in the door informing me that I had automatically been upgraded to 24MB BB.
    However, I've checked my speed several times since and I am still getting 5.3MB.
    Just wondering what the story is?

Thanks,

IM
    Same here, got the letter but still around the 7mb mark, would also like to know whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Bit of a strange one..
    24MB would be really nice though..!!

IM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi scudzilla and Iomega Man
    If you PM me your line number I can check status here.
    Tony

Hi scudzilla and Iomega Man
    If you PM me your line number I can check status here.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony, I'll do that now.

IM

Thanks Iomega Man
    have received your details and should have this info later today or tomorrow.
    Tony

• Advertisement

you should also have received my details Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hi Scud
    I have asked that this be processed for you, actually it is not an automatic upgrade and customers have to request this one. This has been processed for you now and you have been upgraded..Hope this ok and apologies for confusion.
    Tony

So does this put me in a new contract? If so I'm not interested.
    Hi Scud
    I have asked that this be processed for you, actually it is not an automatic upgrade and customers have to request this one. This has been processed for you now and you have been upgraded..Hope this ok and apologies for confusion.
    Tony

Thanks Tony

I've just learned that this puts me into a new contract, i've spoken to somebody at Eircom and they're calling me back tomorrow.

I don't want to enter a new 12month contract and i still want the 24mb line.

At NO POINT in the letter does it say that i will have to enter into a new 12month contract, it says it's FREE, and the only change will be the name on my account.

Please clarify this

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony

I've just learned that this puts me into a new contract, i've spoken to somebody at Eircom and they're calling me back tomorrow.

I don't want to enter a new 12month contract and i still want the 24mb line.

At NO POINT in the letter does it say that i will have to enter into a new 12month contract, it says it's FREE, and the only change will be the name on my account.

Please clarify this
    Hi Tony,

Same sentiments here...

The opening line on the letter I received states:
    "We are delighted to let you know that we have increased your Broadband speed to up to 24Mb for free".

IM

The issue is now with ComReg

Are they holding you to the 12 month contract?

dobsdave wrote: »
    Are they holding you to the 12 month contract?
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

Eircom recently upgrading exchanges to NGB, lot of customers are getitng mails about upgradation, better option is to call sales or cust care to get it done manually otherwise its automatically done and the process is slow and long

No its not automatic!, we were sent letters saying we were getting upgrades to 24mb as we were such good customers.
    For accepting the free offer we were going to be put on 12 month contracts, but this was not mentioned on the letter.
    Eircom reps on here were completeing the upgrade for customers and also not mentioning the new contract.
    masker wrote: »
    Eircom recently upgrading exchanges to NGB, lot of customers are getitng mails about upgradation, better option is to call sales or cust care to get it done manually otherwise its automatically done and the process is slow and long

No its not automatic!, we were sent letters saying we were getting upgrades to 24mb as we were such good customers.
    For accepting the free offer we were going to be put on 12 month contracts, but this was not mentioned on the letter.
    Eircom reps on here were completeing the upgrade for customers and also not mentioning the new contract.
    Hi dobsdave
    I can understand your frustration if this was not made clear to you, and we did process the free upgrade to the higher package as we believed this was the basis of your request. We can of course place you on previous plan with no change to contract obligations and our apologies for any confusion.
    Tony 

I never asked for the upgrade to be completed.
    So if you have done this for some reason, please return it to previous.
    Hi dobsdave
    I can understand your frustration if this was not made clear to you, and we did process the free upgrade to the higher package as we believed this was the basis of your request. We can of course place you on previous plan with no change to contract obligations and our apologies for any confusion.
    Tony 

An update on this, i reported the issue to ComReg, they were very interested and took the case, just received a call from Eircom apologising, said i would stay on the 24mb connection and would NOT be entered into a new contract

Advertisement