Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard and water

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

I think I am just in denial and in any event am going to have to take the laptop in for repair and I am not even sure if anything can be done. A few weeks back i spilled only a few drops of water - it was condensation dripping from the outside of the glass onto my laptop keyboard (Toshiba Satellite C850). I wiped it up immediately - nothing happened...everything seemed to be normal. In a few hours thought several buttons namely the e, r, d,f, @, c and v were not working and neither would the backspace button or the enter key. I turned the computer upside down in the a position and didn't use it for 2 days. I used an external keyboard via USB to work away on it again. Meantime I ordered a new keyboard from e-bay for the model...I had it inserted and lo and behold the exact same buttons are not working still. Everything else is working fine on the laptop...just those buttons. I looks like I could fried something bad!! I am not remotely techy but this doesn't look good does it? Is there anything that can be done? Am I wasting my time attempting to have it repaired? Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement