Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak lunch in Dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First, sorry if this is the wrong forum. Mods please move as appropriate if required.

Just wondering if someone can recommend a nice place for a steak lunch in the city centre on Friday afternoon? My parents are coming up on Friday and I want to take them out. I'm not looking for anything in the price range of Shanahans :P but somewhere semi-decent. €25-€30 per head would be the max. Would also be open to somewhere on the South side of the county/city if the right place was available.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Bull & Castle at Christchurch is great for steaks. I really like the steaks at The Larder on Parliament Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Darwins on Aungier Street is your only man, would be as good as Shanahans but not as expensive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lux23 wrote: »
    Darwins on Aungier Street is your only man
    Great steaks, but it doesn't open for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

BeerNut wrote: »
    Great steaks, but it doesn't open for lunch.

Does it not? Awww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Haven't been, but maybe try Marco Pierre White?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

chez max does a good steak

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lux23 wrote: »
    Darwins on Aungier Street is your only man, would be as good as Shanahans but not as expensive.

I went a while ago, one steak was fantastic, the other was an absolute terrible piece of meat that should never have been served. Couldn't recommend the place.
    Was in Marco Pierre Whites about 3-4 times now and it's always been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Another recommendation here for Marco Pierre Whites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

FXBs is usually good for lunches also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

The Sussex by leeson st bridge does a great rib eye. But I'm not sure if it is on the lunch menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

+1 for FXB's

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Horrocksjm

JP85 wrote: »
    +1 for FXB's

Another vote for FXB here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

FXB earlybird is 18 euro for starter and steak...great value.

Also try JD's Steakhouse Terenure...great value and good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

And another for FXB.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

chopper6 wrote: »
    FXB earlybird is 18 euro for starter and steak...great value.

Also try JD's Steakhouse Terenure...great value and good food.
    Like them on facebook, sometimes they do vouchers for €20 for starter, main, desert. That's anything off the main menu, including the fillet. Unbelievable value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Thanks for all of the great responses. Think I'll give FXB's on Pembroke St. a go

• Registered Users Posts: 36 soundsofgeisha

For something different, try L'Gueleton on Fade Street - French restaurant but the steak and chips are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Thanks for all of the great responses. Think I'll give FXB's on Pembroke St. a go
    Give them a call to see they are open. I saw workmen in there at lunchtime last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'd give another vote to JDs in Terenure... the steaks are really really nice but be prepared to wait. Service is absolutely terrible there.

Advertisement