Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killowen Vintage Cheddar

Options
  • 02-09-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else tried or know of this cheese? A friend of mine served it on a board at a party few weeks ago but he doesn't know where it can be purchased from as he bought it as part of a 'selection'.

Google'n it throws up Tesco as a seller, but neither of the two I visited in Dundalk today had any.

It's flipping lovely and I need to acquire some.. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

LOL at "needing" to acquire some! I'm the same when it comes to cheese.

Maybe give Sheridan's Cheesemongers a call? They are so so helpful and if they don't stock it then they will know where you can find it.

http://www.sheridanscheesemongers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This is available in all the large supermarkets around here(Limerick), I think it's from Cork so maybe they don't stock it so far up north.
    It's a fabulous cheese alright, closest Irish cheese to the real tangy cheeses from Cornwall and Devon(cruncher and the likes).
    I don't think it's the kind of thing that Sheridans or any other cheesemonger will stock, it's more of the mass produced variety, still very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thanks guys, I'll try a few more supermarkets. I've never actually seen it anywhere before but it is showing up as being available on Tesco online so perhaps they were just out of stock yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I get it weekly in a shop in upper Rathmines in Dublin :) Think the shop is called Field and Vine.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Delicious cheese! You can also get it in different packaging in Marks & Spencer so have a look in there too if you have no luck in Tescos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

It's made in Newmarket Creamery, North Cork. Sadly purchased by Kerry Group a couple of years back. You should be able to get it in most good supermarkets and definitely in Superquinn.

Advertisement