Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Top Tech Guns

• 02-09-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anyone tell me if top tech guns are good I'm thinking of buying a G&G Top Tech TR4-18 and was wondering if they are reliable and are they a good make.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

tonycos1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if top tech guns are good I'm thinking of buying a G&G Top Tech TR4-18 and was wondering if they are reliable and are they a good make.

I have worked on them and found them great to be honest never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

I have used G&G Top Tech AEG's for the last year and have never had a single issue. IMO (and its important that you realise this is just that my opinion, I'm no expert just an average devilishly handsome skirmisher :)) if you want an AEG that shoots fantastic out of the box requiring no real modification and aren't too fussed about trades G&G are the brand for you.
    If you are getting a 418 my only advice is to make sure you are getting a third generation model as these come with a 6.03 inner barrel and mosfet as standard. Some retailers are still selling the second generation at the same price so make sure its a third generation your getting. Easy way to know is ask them politely does the AEG have a mosfet.
    In conclusion if your still not sure ask around at your local site. G&G have an excellent reputation particularly their Raider series. I think everyone has had a Raider at some stage. Also the average Airsoft player is a friendly fellow who will happily let you have a shot of his AEG if you ask nicely so you can take advantage of this to try before you buy. Hope this helps and if you have any further questions just ask
    Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I'v had my T4-18 for about 8 months and put thousands of BB's thru it without any issues.
    No miss feeds , FPS very consistent and electrically efficient, one 9.6v 1600mah has always lasted my full 6hr skirmishes.

It feels great in the hand , solid no wobbles , take down is quick and easy.

You don't really have to change anything from stock and you will have an above average AEG.

I found it hard to find a Gen 2, retailers I asked didn't know the difference.
    When I finally selected a shop I was told by the Irish retailer that " It was gen 2 " ?I took it home checked a few things found out it was Gen 1 and had to take it back for a refund which was frustrating.

I didn't even know there was a GEN 3 out. All Ill say is look up the differences online and try to confirm, it in the shop before you leave with it.

Ciaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tonycos1

Thanks for the info guys a few things to look out for when buying but no bad reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

My first aeg was a G&G Toptech M4A1 and its never, ever had a single issue with it, despite a lot of backyard plinking and skirmishing. Still shoots well, still chrono's at 300fps+ (no upgrades have been done to it), accurate as hell etc etc. You can spend a lot more on a gun but for pure value, and to get the most for your euros, go for the G&G Toptech. It won't let you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hobbyairsoft are doing the gen3 raiders with mofsets and tight bores. Maybe drop in there and have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tonycos1

Once again thanks for the info guys

Advertisement