Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Fibre in Newcastle West?

Options
  • 02-09-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi i was just wondering could you give me a more exact date as to when e fibre will be available in Newcastle West(Limerick). I saw on a thread recently that someone sent you a direct message with their landline number and you were able to tell them when it would be available for them? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi DOCONNOR13
    Yes no problem. If you PM me your line number I can check for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DOCONNOR13

Hi DOCONNOR13
    Yes no problem. If you PM me your line number I can check for you.
    Tony
    Thanks message sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DOCONNOR13

Message sent but got no reply...

My apologies DCOCONNOR13
    I am due the latest roll out information today and should have this for you by this afternoon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

My apologies DCOCONNOR13
    I am due the latest roll out information today and should have this for you by this afternoon.
    Tony
    Any update on this? I'm in the same area and anxiously awaiting news of efibre :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

My apologies DCOCONNOR13
    Tony
    Any update on this? I'm in the same area and anxiously awaiting news of efibre :(
    Hi Private Snafu

We are still unable to confirm an efibre launch date for Newcastle west. We were hoping to have news on this by now and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

I'm aware the efibre map online indicates September however this cannot be confirmed. As soon as we have more info we will create an update to this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mbreen2

Well eircom, how are ye??

The efibre map now says march 2014 for Newcastle west in limerick? Any truth in that? Can we order it now?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mbreen2

The efibre map now says march 2014 for Newcastle west in limerick? Any truth in that? Can we order it now?

Thanks

mbreen2 wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi mbreen2

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I've just double checked this and I can confirm that efibre is going live in Newcastle west towards the end of this month (hopefully the 26th).[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Not all areas in [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]Newcastle West will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year but the cabinets ready to go live will be going live soon.

Feel free to PM me your landline number or address and I'll check availability and plans for you.[/font]

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hi Al,

Is this live yet?

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    Hi Al,

Is this live yet?
    Hi testicle

Unfortunately It has not launched in Newcastlewest yet, I had previously been informed that it should be by the end of March however I have requested more information and clarification on this and I'm now awaiting an update from efibre operations. The map still advises March too. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Now showing as July '14 on the map. :(

testicle wrote: »
    Now showing as July '14 on the map. :(
    Hi testicle
    yes some of the delivery dates have had to be changed due to recent demands on technical staff to reduce backlog of faults due to bad storms. Though these storms were back in Feb, the damage done was extensive. We have been advised that these latest foretasted dates are correct.
    We do apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused, we are pushing this ahead as fast as possible.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

Its a Disgrace Biggest town in Limerick third biggest city and you are saying storms after months of delaying. When is Ardagh getting a cabinet which is ridiculous don't even get me started on that :mad:  

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Its ridiculous all right, with a population of over 8,000 in the town, it don't make commercial sense to keep delaying efibre.

liam24 wrote: »
    Its ridiculous all right, with a population of over 8,000 in the town, it don't make commercial sense to keep delaying efibre.
    Hi liam24

I can understand your disappointment, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

Totally agree its a disgrace to be left waiting AGAIN for the fibre upgrade to be completed in this Town. Using the storm damage in FEBRUARY as an excuse for the delay is laughable to say the least when In comparison ESB networks had everyone reconnected within two weeks. The amount of Eircom crews out in the field "fixing" lines are few and far between !! Typical Eircom laziness.

orangetoad wrote: »
    Totally agree its a disgrace to be left waiting AGAIN for the fibre upgrade to be completed in this Town. Using the storm damage in FEBRUARY as an excuse for the delay is laughable to say the least when In comparison ESB networks had everyone reconnected within two weeks. The amount of Eircom crews out in the field "fixing" lines are few and far between !! Typical Eircom laziness.
    HI orangetoad

Sorry to hear you feel this way, I will pass your feedback on this to operations.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

Hi why is it gone off the map 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

cool666 wrote: »

Because they have no clue what they are doing.

• Advertisement

cool666 wrote: »

Hi cool666

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Some dates have been delayed and some areas are in consideration for a new date and until the new dates are rescheduled the areas affected will not be listed on the coverage map. This happened some areas a few weeks ago and since then a few of these areas have already been updated with a new date, operations have informed me that they hope to have a new date for Newcastle west updated within the next few weeks.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

A few weeks ? :/

A few weeks ? :/

That's right orangetoad

No date agreed yet but should have more news within the next a few weeks - as advised by efibre operations. 

Al

ok thanks. its very frustrating though as it seems to be pushed out further and further :(

ok thanks. its very frustrating though as it seems to be pushed out further and further :(
    Apologies for this orangetoad

I'm always sending on feedback on this however hopefully we can offer better news soon.

Al

thats appreciated, thanks. Efibre cant come soon enough for me as i work from home ..

thats appreciated, thanks. Efibre cant come soon enough for me as i work from home ..
    I can relate to that orangetoad - I'm eagerly awaiting faster speeds too :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rg370

A few weeks? What the hell? That means months coming from Eircom and that's no joke.

It says on the wholesale site that most of the cabinets will be live on the 6th of August.

If they can't even keep two maps on the internet in sync what hope have they got for a major fibre rollout country wide, seriously.

I'm sick of hearing the word "a few weeks". That can range anywhere from 2 to 200 weeks to Eircom. Could you be more precise? I think after a delay of over a year we're entitled to an explanation, not just the regular auto generated copy & pasted pre formatted vague response, or is that too much to ask?

What a disgrace. This was supposed to be here last summer.

rg370 wrote: »
    A few weeks? What the hell? That means months coming from Eircom and that's no joke.

It says on the wholesale site that most of the cabinets will be live on the 6th of August.

If they can't even keep two maps on the internet in sync what hope have they got for a major fibre rollout country wide, seriously.

I'm sick of hearing the word "a few weeks". That can range anywhere from 2 to 200 weeks to Eircom. Could you be more precise? I think after a delay of over a year we're entitled to an explanation, not just the regular auto generated copy & pasted pre formatted vague response, or is that too much to ask?

Hi Guys, at this stage we do not have a precise date for Newcastle West. I have raised this issue with eFibre rollout as advised by Alan above. I hope to have information on this tomorrow.
    Tony

• Advertisement

rg370 wrote: »

Hi Guys, at this stage we do not have a precise date for Newcastle West. I have raised this issue with eFibre rollout as advised by Alan above. I hope to have information on this tomorrow.
    Tony
    i will be eagerly waiting a response :)

Advertisement