Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Fibre in Newcastle West?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

orangetoad wrote: »
    rg370 wrote: »
    A few weeks? What the hell? That means months coming from Eircom and that's no joke.

It says on the wholesale site that most of the cabinets will be live on the 6th of August.

If they can't even keep two maps on the internet in sync what hope have they got for a major fibre rollout country wide, seriously.

I'm sick of hearing the word "a few weeks". That can range anywhere from 2 to 200 weeks to Eircom. Could you be more precise? I think after a delay of over a year we're entitled to an explanation, not just the regular auto generated copy & pasted pre formatted vague response, or is that too much to ask?

What a disgrace. This was supposed to be here last summer.
    Hi Guys, at this stage we do not have a precise date for Newcastle West. I have raised this issue with eFibre rollout as advised by Alan above. I hope to have information on this tomorrow.
    Tony
    i will be eagerly waiting a response :)
    Hi orangetoad

I will get back to you when we do have better news for you :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

According to the map its up and running guys. Now that is up and going. Anyone know when A Cabinet is going to be added to Ardagh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

cool666 wrote: »
    According to the map its up and running guys. Now that is up and going. Anyone know when A Cabinet is going to be added to Ardagh :)

Up and running in certain parts of the town.

Going by other threads and how it's been integrated in other towns, it could be months even a year before the whole town is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    cool666 wrote: »

Up and running in certain parts of the town.

Going by other threads and how it's been integrated in other towns, it could be months even a year before the whole town is on.
    all but 4 cabinets are live now. i doubt it will take a year to enable those :/

Look at others threads like Wicklow etc took months for the rest of the cabinets to be turned on.

• Advertisement

Look at others threads like Wicklow etc took months for the rest of the cabinets to be turned on.
    seems pointless dropping in leaflets to every house in town saying 100Mb is now available when half the town cant get it ! :(

seems pointless dropping in leaflets to every house in town saying 100Mb is now available when half the town cant get it ! :(

That's Eircom for you.

I'm in Beechwood same situation as you, cabinet is not turned on.

There is an eircom worker going around the town now getting the cabinets ready by the looks of it, he drove straight past the one not live near the church and onto the cabinet thats near Tesco, then onto one near Paddocks getting them ready.

Doesn't look good IMO for ones's not live

That's Eircom for you.

I'm in Beechwood same situation as you, cabinet is not turned on.

There is an eircom worker going around the town now getting the cabinets ready by the looks of it, he drove straight past the one not live near the church and onto the cabinet thats  near Tesco, then onto one near Paddocks getting them ready.

Doesn't look good IMO for ones's not live
    mine is the one near the church. i would assume the final 'switching on' part is done at the exchange and not the cabinet itself. The main fibre goes to the exchange and then branches out to all the cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

What kind if fibre is it guys Http or another one. Anyone that has it any good?

Advertisement