Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S2 problem with podcasts

• 02-09-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

In the past few days, any time I try to listen to podcasts on the radio apps, ie RTE 1, Newstalk etc I get an error message

Sorry ! The application Sound player (process com.sec.android.app.soundplayer)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

Does anyone know what to do with this, I can stream alright, but not listen to podcasts. I also have Pocket Casts & this isn't working either.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Sorry for bumping this up, but would anyone have any idea of how to over come this error message

I went to Carphone warehouse with my phone & they advised a factory reset, once I had everything saved as the guy there reckoned it was a virus. However I now have another problem, in that I want to reinstall cabbage, and I can't connect to Vodaphone. I love that app, and need to get it back running. Anyone any ideas why its not connecting. Have correct password etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GavinCormac

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same podcast playing problem (as opposed to the 'cabbage' problem). All was fine on phone until a few days ago, now I cannot play any podcasts on RTE player (but it will work if I just stream it); nor can I play any of my music via the pre-installed music player; nor any podcast.

I'm a total newbie re all things phone-related and even your reported solution from the shop, namely: 'to do a factory reset after saving everything' causes me issues, as I've no idea how to "save everything".

Any more basic help for "dummies" like me for my podcast player problems by any chance?

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Birdsong wrote: »
    In the past few days, any time I try to listen to podcasts on the radio apps, ie RTE 1, Newstalk etc I get an error message

Sorry ! The application Sound player (process com.sec.android.app.soundplayer)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

Does anyone know what to do with this, I can stream alright, but not listen to podcasts. I also have Pocket Casts & this isn't working either.

Thanks in advance

What error message are you getting using pocket casts?
    I suggest uninstalling the app then reinstalling it.

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same podcast playing problem (as opposed to the 'cabbage' problem). All was fine on phone until a few days ago, now I cannot play any podcasts on RTE player (but it will work if I just stream it); nor can I play any of my music via the pre-installed music player; nor any podcast.

I'm a total newbie re all things phone-related and even your reported solution from the shop, namely: 'to do a factory reset after saving everything' causes me issues, as I've no idea how to "save everything".

Any more basic help for "dummies" like me for my podcast player problems by any chance?

thanks!

Try downloading a different music player like power amp or rocket player.

• Advertisement

Thanks Alpha Dog 1,

I've now downloaded 'power amp' and I can play my music files, but it does nothing to assist with the RTE player podcast player functionality which still carries the same message. Any further assistance by any chance???

thanks

Thanks Alpha Dog 1,

I've now downloaded 'power amp' and I can play my music files, but it does nothing to assist with the RTE player podcast player functionality which still carries the same message. Any further assistance by any chance???

thanks

The RTE podcast player never worked for me either, pocket casts is the best podcast app that I've used. I think it's something like 3 euro best it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Download es file explorer
    This includes a media player that allows you play the podcasts from the rte app.
    Power amp doesn't show up as a choice of media player when I'm selecting which one I want to hear podcasts from, es media player does though and its working for me.

Now when you hit the podcast button on the app, you will be asked which media player you want, choose es media player and you should be sorted.

You could always bypass the app and listen through your browser if that doesn't work.

[QUOTE=Sorry ! The application Sound player (process com.sec.android.app.soundplayer)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

[/QUOTE]

Just as a follow up, I did the factory re set as advised, and re installed all the apps on my phone, but still no joy on the podcasts from the various radio stations, nor play from Pocketcast - though no error message there. Still able to stream though.

Very disappointing as it seems RTE is gone for others too, was one of reasons for having the smartphone, being able to listen back to radio programmes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Have you tried es file explorer? As I've said, podcasts from the rte app work on mine.

• Advertisement

Have you tried es file explorer? As I've said, podcasts from the rte app work on mine.

Thank you so much for this. It works perfectly. Boards to the rescue again:D

Hey Skill Magill, I tried es file explorer also now and the RTE app works fine now - thanks!!

I also tried 'pocket cast' too, and that had its own way of working too, so have two solutions thanks to Boards.....thanks loads folks!

Advertisement