Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Football Final Maigh Eo vs Baile Átha Cliath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

It's gas, I live in Wicklow, and everyone I know is hoping Mayo win. My sister is married to a Wicklow man, and they all have the mayo jerseys for today, it's feckin mad stuff altogether.

Well its not like they'll ever get a chance to see wicklow win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Dublin
    Slattsy wrote: »
    This isnt just Dublin v Mayo, its Dublin v Everyone else !!
    Lets just spoil the party - UP THE DUBS !!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Draw
    Alias G wrote: »
    Well its not like they'll ever get a chance to see wicklow win.

I know, shambles, but have very good players on local teams, why can't they bring it all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Dublin
    I hope mayo can put the ghosts of the past to bed today
    i have the utmost respect and admiration for both teams and i hope we are in for a real treat today between the 2 best teams in the land bar none

best of luck to both teams and supporters today
    enjoy the day because it one we all aspire to see our team in but sadly only a few get to see it !!

my head say dublin but my heart says mayo

heres hoping for mayo

ps,sorry dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Great match ahead! Really looking forward to it. I'm a Galway man but I'll be roaring on Mayo today. C'mon lads ye're well able for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Not from either county,but I would like to see dublin win.Won't be passionate about the match,and should Mayo prevail,bully for them.Hoping for an entertaining match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Draw
    Up the Dubs, hoping for number 24 by the time 6 o'clock comes around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Dublin
    Long suffering Mayo fan here, but living in Dublin for years and years.

Best of luck to both teams, hopefully, the better team wins.

COME ON MAYO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Draw
    Dublin by 6pts

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Draw
    What?

He's right even her in donegal it's just anyone but dublin...or tyrone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dublin
    Mayo minors nearly have it. Well done guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Dublin
    Slattsy wrote: »
    This isnt just Dublin v Mayo, its Dublin v Everyone else !!
    Lets just spoil the party - UP THE DUBS !!

Dublin won an All-Ireland 2 years ago so most neutrals will be going for Mayo as they have had a very long wait. It's nothing personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Any update on the minor game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Draw
    Mayo win minor by a goal

Seven Worlds will Collide

Dublin
    Any update on the minor game?

Mayo 2-13 Tyrone 1-13 FT. Tyrone got a soft goal in last minute. O really hope the Mayo senior hold theoir nerve a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

road_high wrote: »
    Mayo minors nearly have it. Well done guys!

What's the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Hill 16 is not dublin only anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Dublin
    What's the score?

2-13 to 1-13

Tyrone get a goal in injury time to add some gloss. COME ONE MAYO! 1 from 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Draw
    Hill 16 is not dublin only anymore

Oh believe you me there is already a stewards enquiry about the ticket allocation this year. Political interference, nah sure that wouldn't happen in Ireland would it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

STB wrote: »
    Oh believe you me there is already a stewards enquiry about the ticket allocation this year. Political interference, nah sure that wouldn't happen in Ireland would it.

Who politically interefered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Dublin
    Minor MOTM, "Un****enbelieveable".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

It is a pity that the tickets are not evenly matched but I am delighted to see the hill split. There is no other area of croke park allocated to just one team like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Draw

Why, what happened with the ticket allocation?

Who is carrying out the "stewards enquiry"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dublin
    That's a nice gesture - paying tribute to some of the great players who never won an All-Ireland before the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just listening to RTE Radio... dear god, why did they even bother getting that chap to interview the managers... "Do you think it would be good for Dublin to get a good start, would that really put the pressure on Mayo?"... Jesus H Christ..

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

What's the story with the Hill. Where are all the Dubs ???

jtown wrote: »

"political interference" apparently.

• Advertisement

"political interference" apparently.

That's a lot of interference so

Draw
    Who is carrying out the "stewards enquiry"?

The media will start asking questions I would imagine. Senan Connell has already raised it on TV3.

Political interference isn't confined to politicians. There is plenty of politics in the game itself.

It is quite obvious that a large amount of other counties allocations somehow ended up in Mayo. One might think that it was a successful campaign by the Mayo County Board. Given a third of the country live in Dublin and the huge numbers of Dublin Clubs that exist, just where did the tickets go and what route did they take after that ? Has anyone seen the Hill ?

Siege mentality in reverse. :)

Dublin
    Dubs don't own the hill or ticket aloocation. Fair play Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dublin
    Minor game was very enjoyable, hopefully the senior game is as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dublin
    No reason why Dublin should automatically get most of the Hill tickets.

When it suits them, they like to claim Croke Park isn't their home ground.

The media will start asking questions I would imagine. Senan Connell has already raised it on TV3.

Political interference isn't confined to politicians. There is plenty of politics in the game itself.

It is quite obvious that a large amount of other counties allocations somehow ended up in Mayo. One might think that it was a successful campaign by the Mayo County Board. Given a third of the country live in Dublin and the huge numbers of Dublin Clubs that exist, just where did the tickets go and what route did they take after that ? Has anyone seen the Hill ?

Senan O'Connell would raise it, being from Dublin.

So because non-Dublin supporters acquired the majority of tickets for a particular section it must have been through illicit means?

Would you be raising the same questions if the Hill was 99% Blue and Navy today?

• Advertisement

Draw

In fairness, aren't the Hill's tickets cheaper? You can't 'mind' the cheapest stand for one team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

As far as I know, each county gets an equal allocation of Hill tickets. Mostly when a county is playing the Dubs, they send back a lot of their allocation for the Hill. This obviously wasn't the case today.
    As another poster said, ye don't own the Hill.

Draw
    Senan O'Connell would raise it, being from Dublin.

So because non-Dublin supporters acquired the majority of tickets for a particular section it must have been through illicit means?

Would you be raising the same questions if the Hill was 99% Blue and Naby today?

What percentage of tickets were returned by County Boards directly to GAA HQ would you think..........

Lot of sleeper Mayo fans in other counties perhaps :)

Hill 16 is Dublin only (except were concerted campaigns were organised otherwise).

Anyhow let the real game begin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

ooooooooh I wonder will the curse hold up??

Dublin
    What percentage of tickets were returned by County Boards directly to GAA HQ would you think..........

Hill 16 is Dublin only (except were concerted campaigns were organised otherwise).

I live in Kilkenny and now ya say there is noticeably a large Mayo contingent down here ;). A lot of them had to move for work, much less so than Dubs where that's not usually the case.

Why is it Dublin "only"? Is there some kind of franchise on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Draw
    article-2230965-15F41C78000005DC-982_306x423.jpg

Spillane_Pat_1982.jpg

Draw

Will you go way outta that, it is not Dublin only. The price of tickets for an All Ireland and you want one teams supporters to pay over the odds to see the same match?

Lots of Mayo and Non-Dublin personnel in Dublin clubs.

How many Dubs are in the Hill for Hurling All-Irelands? Or do they close it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dublin are the Amir Khan of the GAA?? What the hell is Joe Folly talking about.. tbf, Dublin have won the All Ireland. He was a bit more like the Amir Khan of the GAA himself..

Draw
    ooooooooh I wonder will the curse hold up??

Hopefully the Curse of Spillane tipping the Dubs Wont!

That's a heavy burden for us to carry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Dublin
    Both on form be tight score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Dublin
    Lots of fouling going on from dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Dublin
    Terrible game going on here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Mayo should be converting considering their possession