Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Football Final Maigh Eo vs Baile Átha Cliath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Dublin
    was lucky and just got a ticket for the lower Cusack tier around half line, feel like I've won the lottery. Going to buy a county board ticket next year to avoid this kind of stress again. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dublin
    Oldtree wrote: »
    was lucky and just got a ticket for the lower Cusack tier around half line, feel like I've won the lottery. Going to buy a county board ticket next year to avoid this kind of stress again. :D

The tickets the Chairde Mhaigheo got were very poor for the AI. 200 quid as opposed to the 80 quid GAA season ticket, no comparison. Yes my AI ticket this year is disappointing compared to all the other times I was in Croker, but its still a lot better than the County board tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Draw
    There'll be pigs flying and doing aeronautic somersaults and dive bombs into the Hogan stand before the Hill16 crew stop booing opposition freetakers. And it works for them. As pointed out in an article I posted on this thread earlier, the soccer crowd mentality of the Hill 6 crew increases the conversion rate of Dublin frees into Hill16 and and decreases the conversion rate of opposition frees when both are compared to the frees taken into the Davin end. There is method in the madness and open hostility of the Hill16 crew intimidating opposition fans into not coming in to 'their' part of Croke Park. Be gas if the Mayo lads warmed up on the Hill16 side like in 2006, that rattled them badly that time as they think they 'own' that half of the pitch as well.

Yawn.

As for Mayo fans going on the Hill the more the better imo. I've never seen anything but good natured banter with opposing fans.

Some of the outright lies being spouted by some people about Dublin supporters on here are shameful and based on nothing but myths. The vast majority of Dublin fans that will be present on Sunday are as passionate and knowledgeable as any other fans in the country.

My aunt, uncle and cousins are all from Mayo and spending the weekend with us and the banter and craic will be mighty regardless of who wins or loses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

For every free Cluxton takes, a minute is eaten up. Brian Gavin added on phantom time in the hurling final for sideline balls taken even when the Claree goalkeeper ran away with ball for one of them. There was no more 'extra' time on top of the added time given when Cluxton took a minute of added time to take the ,very dodgily awarded, winning free v Kerry in 2011.

The Independent did a piece after the Cork game and it showed from the time free was giving to play resuming Cluxton was quicker at times than the Cork wing back and Paul Mannion who was on the frees.

EDIT: Examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/time-on-cluxtons-side-when-it-comes-to-long-range-frees-238918.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

There'll be pigs flying and doing aeronautic somersaults and dive bombs into the Hogan stand before the Hill16 crew stop booing opposition freetakers. And it works for them. As pointed out in an article I posted on this thread earlier, the soccer crowd mentality of the Hill 6 crew increases the conversion rate of Dublin frees into Hill16 and and decreases the conversion rate of opposition frees when both are compared to the frees taken into the Davin end. There is method in the madness and open hostility of the Hill16 crew intimidating opposition fans into not coming in to 'their' part of Croke Park. Be gas if the Mayo lads warmed up on the Hill16 side like in 2006, that rattled them badly that time as they think they 'own' that half of the pitch as well.

:D:D

You really have posted some rubbish on here!

Of course it doesn't happen at every other game.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kevmy85

Not really Mayo Dublin games have been pretty clean But some physical matchups likely Keegan n Connolly; Boyle n anyone between him n the ball; Aidan Shea n Mccauley will collide; Freeman n OCarroll will be most key battle. If Freeman wins that Mayos chances hugely increased No harm the odd high ball for Freeman to attack

Not 100% sure about that. In recent league games between the two Brennan, Connolly, Paul Flynn and McCarthy have all been deservedly sent off. Could be a bit in it. Some Dublin players have suspect temperament - Connolly, Brennan, McMahon. The same could be said regarding AOS in the past certainly and Lee Keegan has been accumulating the yellows a bit too much for my liking this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Dublin
    Yes there was certainly a little bit of an edge in the league game in Croker this year,few potential volatile characters on both sides...Brennan,Connolly and O Shea spring to mind.
    Really hoping the significance of the occasion does not lead to any nastiness,we've got a great final in prospect with two teams that play football the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Draw
    kevmy85 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure about that. In recent league games between the two Brennan, Connolly, Paul Flynn and McCabe cause e all been deservedly sent off. Could be a bit in it. Some Dublin players have suspect temperament - Connolly, Brennan, McMahon. The same could be said regarding AOS in the past certainly and Lee Keegan has been accumulating the yellows a bit too much for my liking this year.

That's a fair point, I'd add Conroy into the mix too. I don't think that the players you mentioned will be any more temperamental because off the opposition, they are like that in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ahlad

Draw
    UP THE DUBS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Draw
    For every free Cluxton takes, a minute is eaten up. Brian Gavin added on phantom time in the hurling final for sideline balls taken even when the Claree goalkeeper ran away with ball for one of them. There was no more 'extra' time on top of the added time given when Cluxton took a minute of added time to take the ,very dodgily awarded, winning free v Kerry in 2011.
    You sound like a very bitter little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Dublin
    Mayo will win and they will also win the 2014 All Ireland.

I guarantee it.

The GAA wants a Mayo win and the GAA usually get what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ok I am going to stick the head on the block here

Mayo have scored a total of 15-81 this year, that is an average of 3-16 a game
    13-63 has come from the mid-field and forwards, 2-18 from the backs and keeper.

It a well know fact that Dublin have a questionable backs, Mayo have a better set of backs

Mayo to win this pulling up, 6pts +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Draw

13-63 has come from the mid-filed and forwards, 2-18 from the backs and keeper.

It a well know fact that Dublin have a questionable backs, Mayo have a better set of backs

You have to remember that a lot of those scores came against some of the worst teams in the country.
    And before you start :P yes i mean Donegal too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Slattsy wrote: »
    You have to remember that a lot of those scores came against some of the worst teams in the country.
    And before you start :P yes i mean Donegal too :)

"Mayo have not been tested" thread this way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Draw
    Dublin by 10 points, i can see mayo drop the heads if it starts to go away from them in the second half, would love to see them win it!

• Advertisement

Draw
    "Mayo have not been tested" thread this way
    >

Thanks for underscoring (pun - intended) my point.
    Dublin by 15 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Draw

Ah a graduate of the Pat Spillane school of football analysis.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dublin
    Thanks for underscoring (pun - intended) my point.
    Dublin by 15 :cool:

Based on the fact they have won 1 match by 15 this season that they will win the AI final by that?

Draw
    yop wrote: »
    Based on the fact they have won 1 match by 15 this season that they will win the AI final by that?

Time for a new sarcasm detector lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheBrig

Draw
    I went to the Dublin vs Kerry match and it was the greatest sporting event I have ever been lucky enough to witness. Re all the anti-Dub comments, I'd like to think its lighthearted banter but unfortunately I have been on the receiving end of a lot of anti-Dub abuse...I went to Australia for a year and when I met other Irish people, some of them refused to talk to me on the grounds I was a Dub. One guy in a Tipp jersey (in a nightclub...) bought me a drink and when he found out I was from Dublin, took the drink out of my hand and walked off. One guy from Cork told me he hated all Dubs and if there wasn't people around, he would punch me in the face...(if its not clear already, I'm a girl)

Anyway, my Dad is from Cork, I have cousins all over Ireland, if it wasn't Dublin vs Mayo, I would be screaming my lungs out for Mayo to win. That is the beauty of GAA. Good sportsmanship. I am not lucky enough to have a ticket for the final but I'm so excited and can't wait to watch it, I really hope we have a great game, the sun shines and Dublin win!!!

• Advertisement

Dublin
    Time for a new sarcasm detector lad.
    Based on your previous posts, I suspect it mightn't be.
    Regardless, it won't be more than 6 points on either side.

Draw
    TheBrig wrote: »
    I went to the Dublin vs Kerry match and it was the greatest sporting event I have ever been lucky enough to witness. Re all the anti-Dub comments, I'd like to think its lighthearted banter but unfortunately I have been on the receiving end of a lot of anti-Dub abuse...I went to Australia for a year and when I met other Irish people, some of them refused to talk to me on the grounds I was a Dub. One guy in a Tipp jersey (in a nightclub...) bought me a drink and when he found out I was from Dublin, took the drink out of my hand and walked off. One guy from Cork told me he hated all Dubs and if there wasn't people around, he would punch me in the face...(if its not clear already, I'm a girl)

Anyway, my Dad is from Cork, I have cousins all over Ireland, if it wasn't Dublin vs Mayo, I would be screaming my lungs out for Mayo to win. That is the beauty of GAA. Good sportsmanship. I am not lucky enough to have a ticket for the final but I'm so excited and can't wait to watch it, I really hope we have a great game, the sun shines and Dublin win!!!

And people think its easy being a Dub... just because we're better looking and all that, its the small things like your story that hurt.

Draw
    Based on your previous posts, I suspect it mightn't be.
    Regardless, it won't be more than 6 points on either side.

I suggest you read my comment on page 8 then :rolleyes:

There will be nothing in it. 2/3 points max either side.

Dublin
    I suggest you read my comment on page 8 then :rolleyes:

There will be nothing in it. 2/3 points max either side.
    Time for a new sarcasm detector lad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Draw

LOL... I admire yer optimism brother. I posted after the 2011 Final that I thought Dublin would be the dominant team of this decade (must dig it out) winning maybe 4 AI's, this is just another step on the way to my prophecy:D. I won't revert to stats or who has been tested the greater .. I'll make it quite simple .. Dublin are a better team than Mayo and will win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Dublin
    Dublin by 10 points, i can see mayo drop the heads if it starts to go away from them in the second half, would love to see them win it!

10 points?! Sure Mayo wouldn't even beat Galway by 10 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Dublin
    Lurker putting neck on the line.

Since the first 15mins against Galway in Salthill it's been clear that this is a team on a mission.
    Just one more step to achieve that goal.

Mayo by 5 or 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Draw
    Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

DoctaDee wrote: »
    LOL... I admire yer optimism brother. I posted after the 2011 Final that I thought Dublin would be the dominant team of this decade (must dig it out) winning maybe 4 AI's, this is just another step on the way to my prophecy:D. I won't revert to stats or who has been tested the greater .. I'll make it quite simple .. Dublin are a better team than Mayo and will win

Thats it. Brush all the cliches out of the way. Thats what it comes down to.;)

At the start of the year i thought there was no way Dublin could compensate for how exposed they left themselves at the back and a highly organised team like Mayo would be perfect to expose them. But..... the more the summer drags on and the more i see of them the more i'm convinced they'll simply overwhelm all-comers on the scoreboard. Mayo will have to score 2 or 3 goals to be competitive. Not a forlorn task as Kerry proved but odds are they won't manage that.

I actually think Dublin will make a lot lighter work of this than the majority think. Dublin by 4 but the result never in doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Dublin
    Should be a cracking match between the best two teams in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Draw
    I am now ultra excited, The last game nearly sent me over the edge tbh. I was a bit too much for any lads heart.

Ticket in hand today. And meant to be a stunning weekend.

May the best team win.

(Dublin of course) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Draw

Pulling up.... get a grip.

Its a well know fact that Dublin have beaten Mayo by 4 and 6 points respectively in the 2 games they played this year.

Also losing 10 out of 13 AI finals is not good enough. There is far too much weight of expectation put on this Mayo team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dublin
    This really does have the potential to be something special.

Cant wait for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Dublin
    I'm getting nervous now, in a good way.

Dublin
    TheBrig wrote: »

Seriously I think there's a little bit of a siege mentality developing amongst the Dublin supporters,I'm a great admirer of the Dublin supporters,best in the world,very decent people.Offered nothing but the best of luck to myself after the 2006 semi final.Every county has a small minority of so called supporters who do their county no credit.
    My uncle and aunt are from Mayo,family all true blues.I've oftentimes supported the Dubs against the Kingdom...
    By the way I do not doubt the veracity of your claims,pretty disgusting behaviour.I have oft remarked upon how largely dignified the Hill was when Cillian o Connor was taking his 45s last year.
    The other 30 counties supporting ourselves is of course largely the usual harmless banter between country and city folk,so to speak.In addition there's a huge amount of goodwill towards Mayo with our insatiable need to bring the famine to an end.Please God it will end on Sunday.
    Speaking of which does anyone think the toss will be important?Hoping we win the toss and play into the Hill in the first half.
    Hopefully we won't initially play an overly cautious game using a sweeper and give Cluxton the opportunity to pick his short kick outs.

Dublin
    harpsman wrote: »
    Whats your point?

?? Read the thread, my point is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Draw
    One of the closes polls i have ever seen on here. The ones that picked a draw i wonder who they think will win the replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Draw
    Got my tickets at 4.10 (20 mins before ticket office closed!) so the anticipation begins now . .

Loving the fact that many in the media are predicting Mayo and indeed some Mayo people are showing a confidence that's hard to understand considering how close I think (as a Dub) it is to call. I think its a 50/50 down the middle and a lot with depend on who turns up on the day.

One thing that doesn't seem to get much of a mention is the fact that there are all Ireland winning players on the Dublin panel. This could be one of the most important things on the day - who responds better to adversity/pressure. If Mayo go a couple of points up and then a couple of points down in the second half will the pressure of previous failures grow and grow? Dublin were 4 points down in an all Ireland final, conceded a 71st minute equaliser and still managed to score a winning free kick that was literally the last kick in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Draw

Dublin

Average For: 2-18; Average Against: 1-11

Mayo

Average For: 3-16; Average Against: 0-12

Not much of difference in the averages. TBH if Dublin had played Roscommon,London and Donegal side that defended like a poor minor team their scoring average would be well ahead of Mayos. If paired against Kildare,Cork and Kerry the averages for Mayo would be much different also IMO.

All in all i wouldn't use averages or what was scored in previous games when judging the outcome of this final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Dublin
    Given what Mayo did to a better Cork team two years ago in the first year of their development they'd probably have kicked that Cork team around for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Dublin
    STB wrote: »
    Pulling up.... get a grip.

Its a well know fact that Dublin have beaten Mayo by 4 and 6 points respectively in the 2 games they played this year.

Also losing 10 out of 13 AI finals is not good enough. There is far too much weight of expectation put on this Mayo team.

Sure most of these lads weren't even on the panel in '36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Dublin
    Right, last post until the game. The heart says Mayo but there are a lot of ifs and buts around them. Horan is certainly taking a gamble on starting O'Connor, this will be the most intense game of the year between the two best teams in the country so there will be a question mark over whether he will be able to play a substantial part in the game. Horan will need Mickey Conroy on full alert waiting in case O'Connors shoulder gives out again. Alan Freeman will need to fill the void in that case, he has been inconsistent all year so another massive performance from him will be a huge ask, do-able though! Dillon and Moran will need to step it up as well. It's a huge ask so I expect some early substitutions in the Mayo forwards, Carolan or Doherty to make appearances early on I would say.

Keith Higgins is probably the only player equipped to deal with Jack McCaffrey pace-wise so expect a low return from Jack while he keeps Higgins like a greyhound chasing a rabbit! McLoughlin had a poor game last time round so I expect him to really lift it this time. Can't afford any silly wides from the right. Unfortunately for Mayo I think it will come down to how much their backs will be able to contain the Dublin forwards, The Mayo backs are certainly beefier than the league outings so I don't expect any early goal-laden disasters like last year's final but it's only a matter of time until Dublin break through, so the question is will Mayo's forwards be able to deliver the goods without as much help from the backs as they've come to expect all year? It will be very dangerous for Mayo to play a high defensive line so I can't wait to see how that one pans out.

Mid field wise I expect Mayo to be under serious pressure, a lot of responsibility will fall on Seamus O'Shea with his brother being forced to track to shore up defence and hoover up ball. It is absolutely vital Mayo win this sector, it is the only way they will get good quality ball into the forwards with the defence so tied-up at the back. Mayo players in general won't be able to play out of position as much as they have done all year, unless of course they've really picked it up fitness wise.

Mayo need to be cute when it comes to Dublin's bench, they need to know exactly who they will be marking in the 2nd half and how they will close down the likes of Rock, Bastick, McManamon etc. The bench will probably be the winning of it for Dublin I expect, Mayo will need a serious lead in the second half with some goals to come if they are to beat Dublin.

All in all Mayo need everything to go right and for Dublin to make mistakes and let the inexperience get to them. A tall order but this Mayo team are better equipped to do it than any teams that have come before them. Heart says Mayo but the head... undecided :D

May the best team win! Lookin forward to the banter with the jackeens before and after the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Right, last post until the game. The heart says Mayo but there are a lot of ifs and buts around them. Horan is certainly taking a gamble on starting O'Connor, this will be the most intense game of the year between the two best teams in the country so there will be a question mark over whether he will be able to play a substantial part in the game. Horan will need Mickey Conroy on full alert waiting in case O'Connors shoulder gives out again. Alan Freeman will need to fill the void in that case, he has been inconsistent all year so another massive performance from him will be a huge ask, do-able though! Dillon and Moran will need to step it up as well. It's a huge ask so I expect some early substitutions in the Mayo forwards, Carolan or Doherty to make appearances early on I would say.

Keith Higgins is probably the only player equipped to deal with Jack McCaffrey pace-wise so expect a low return from Jack while he keeps Higgins like a greyhound chasing a rabbit! McLoughlin had a poor game last time round so I expect him to really lift it this time. Can't afford any silly wides from the right. Unfortunately for Mayo I think it will come down to how much their backs will be able to contain the Dublin forwards, The Mayo backs are certainly beefier than the league outings so I don't expect any early goal-laden disasters like last year's final but it's only a matter of time until Dublin break through, so the question is will Mayo's forwards be able to deliver the goods without as much help from the backs as they've come to expect all year? It will be very dangerous for Mayo to play a high defensive line so I can't wait to see how that one pans out.

Mid field wise I expect Mayo to be under serious pressure, a lot of responsibility will fall on Seamus O'Shea with his brother being forced to track to shore up defence and hoover up ball. It is absolutely vital Mayo win this sector, it is the only way they will get good quality ball into the forwards with the defence so tied-up at the back. Mayo players in general won't be able to play out of position as much as they have done all year, unless of course they've really picked it up fitness wise.

Mayo need to be cute when it comes to Dublin's bench, they need to know exactly who they will be marking in the 2nd half and how they will close down the likes of Rock, Bastick, McManamon etc. The bench will probably be the winning of it for Dublin I expect, Mayo will need a serious lead in the second half with some goals to come if they are to beat Dublin.

All in all Mayo need everything to go right and for Dublin to make mistakes and let the inexperience get to them. A tall order but this Mayo team are better equipped to do it than any teams that have come before them. Heart says Mayo but the head... undecided :D

May the best team win! Lookin forward to the banter with the jackeens before and after the match!

Depending on the line up, Dublin will have 10 or 11 players with All Ireland medals starting. They'll also have 2 or 3 proven performers coming off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Dublin
    corny wrote: »
    Depending on the line up, Dublin will have 10 or 11 players with All Ireland medals starting. They'll also have 2 or 3 proven performers coming off the bench.

I can count at least 9 of the Mayo panel who too have AI medals ;) I hope you weren't totting up medals before the semi, the bookies would have had a field day with you!

Dublin
    Any news on the Dublin team yet?It's getting late for bedtime!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Draw
    Dublin team named with the 1 change of Philly Mc in for Kevin O' Brien. Cluxton, McMahon, O'Carroll, Cooper, McCarthy, Brennan, McCaffrey, O' Sullivan, McAuley, Flynn, Kilkenny, Connolly, Mannion, Andrews & Brogan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Dublin
    DoctaDee wrote: »
    Dublin team named with the 1 change of Philly Mc in for Kevin O' Brien. Cluxton, McMahon, O'Carroll, Cooper, McCarthy, Brennan, McCaffrey, O' Sullivan, McAuley, Flynn, Kilkenny, Connolly, Mannion, Andrews & Brogan

Tough break for o Brien
    Playing nearly all year and then to be dropped for the big one, sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Talking to the cousin (Mitchell's clubman) just a while ago. He was saying similar. He thinks those in bold all have to bring their A-game to Croker or Mayo could be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Dublin
    Really hoping for a Mayo win. Would love to see them do it, very worried though. The Dublin forwards are lethal.

Hope it'll be a great game anyway. All the ingredients are there for it to be an absolute classic, as long as both teams turn up. If it's anything like the hurling a couple of weeks ago, it'll be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Draw
    having a beer................ and listening to saw docs, dubliners, luke kelly, christy moore, mary black, frances black, the kilkennys, riverdance, two fiddles dueling, flogging molly, dropkick murphys, pogues, stocktons wing, horslips, mary macavoy, nacy griffith...she does a great song for ireland, the fureys and davy arthur, celtic woman, a womans heart,
    pogues, wolfe tones..dont tell the raheads!, goats dont shave, orthodox celts (a serbian band:) )seamus moore, ritchie kavanagh, sharon shannon, tommy makem, clancy bros, the chieftains and more.....

cmon the 3rd sunday of sept......

i forgot to mention planxty

• Advertisement
Advertisement