Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Ireland Football Final Maigh Eo vs Baile Átha Cliath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Draw
    Tough break for o Brien
    Playing nearly all year and then to be dropped for the big one, sickening

I agree. I really hope that it doesn't have any long term effects on him, or his confidence. But if management feel that a more experienced pair of hands is needed back there to steady the ship, I have to respect that. I am normally all about throwing a young lad who has a bad game, straight back out there to get his mojo back. But not in an All Ireland final. The margins for error are just too slim and the stakes are just too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Draw
    39 hours and 24 minutes til throw-in... I'm not nervous... at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Draw
    Still can't sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Draw
    Kind of getting tired of all the 'If Mayo don't win this year, they never will' being spouted in the media and by people in general. It's wrong for 2 reasons:

This Mayo team is young and can easily be a contender for the next few years at least.

It somehow insinuates that Mayo are the better side this year and it's up to them to finally get their head right and win it. Dublin have been the team of the year from the very get go, which is somewhat scary considering how much they've missed in every game. They are rightly favourites (slight). I just hope that we see both teams at their very best so we can really see who the countries top side is, but at this moment we cant say ones best is better than the others with any confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Draw
    Mayo got to the final last year and look better this year again, Dublin are just on the road with a new manager, looking good for both. I thought at the start of the year that this was too soon for this Dublin team, too many young lads and maybe lacking height and physicality in the middle /backs.
    That said there is no time like the present.

I agree a defeat would not be devastating for either team, they would both recover from it. thiuh

Looking forward to the game now, good stuff back on here too. But like last year I'm going quiet till Sunday night, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Can't wait for Sunday, would love mayo to finally get over the line but Diblin have the firepower to win by a couple of points. Can't see Dublin giving away goals the way they did against Kerry and that will be mayos downfall IMO. Dublin to win by four in a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dublin
    PjeIRve.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I think Dublin should do it by about 4 points- also I have to go against the general neutral opinion and want Dublin to win.
    I (along with a load of others) have spent the best part of a decade complaining about negativity in football and the rubbish fare being served up in a lot of championship games- this year Dublin have brought a carefree attacking attitude to their play and although it pains me to want them to win- I have to stay true to my principles.

Also the whole 'Mayo for Sam' thing was funny for about a week but has been tedious as hell now for a while- I know their fans want them to win but their is a difference between following your team and getting swept away in some attention -seeking craze.

the way the media have latched onto it-you would almost swear that fans can will a team to win by engaging in over the top gestures and then slapping themselves on the back for being so outrageous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Draw
    Also the whole 'Mayo for Sam' thing was funny for about a week but has been tedious as hell now for a while- I know their fans want them to win but their is a difference between following your team and getting swept away in some attention -seeking craze.

the way the media have latched onto it-you would almost swear that fans can will a team to win by engaging in over the top gestures and then slapping themselves on the back for being so outrageous

Let them have their fun...

... they only have 30 odd hours before dealing with a wave of reality in the form of 20 blue jerseyed heros :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dublin
    Anyone else in 303? Or does anyone know if it's a Dublin or Mayo section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Draw
    THFC wrote: »
    Anyone else in 303? Or does anyone know if it's a Dublin or Mayo section?

No thats the Dublin Ultra section, make sure you were neutral colour tones and bring your flare extinguishing kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Draw
    yop wrote: »
    ?? Read the thread, my point is there.
    no it isnt.just tell me if its so obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Dublin
    Thinking of travelling in the morning in the hope of getting a ticket above. In the sad eventuality of not getting one can anyone suggest a good place to watch the game. Obviously need to be close to Croker but ideally somewhere I can at least get a view of the telly and a good pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Draw
    Go to Smithfield. Showing it on a big screen there apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bareller

snailsong wrote: »
    Thinking of travelling in the morning in the hope of getting a ticket above. In the sad eventuality of not getting one can anyone suggest a good place to watch the game. Obviously need to be close to Croker but ideally somewhere I can at least get a view of the telly and a good pint.

There'll be a gud atmosphere in the big tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyone any idea what county is section 729 Upper Hogan? Dublin/Mayo/Neutral?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Anyone any idea what county is section 729 Upper Hogan? Dublin/Mayo/Neutral?

Well I got a ticket for there from a non participating county board so I'd imagine neutral originally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Well I got a ticket for there from a non participating county board so I'd imagine neutral originally

Perfect. Have swapped a Nally for one. Nerves beginning to get the better of me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Draw
    Really lookin forward to this one. Two fantastic footballing teams(despite a few "less likable" traits).

As the ol fellas a Mayoman will obviously be shoutin for them.Alas like most people I think Dublins superior firepower will be too much. Also will Mayos AIF paralysis strike again?Think Mayo are in a bind as to whether they should drop Keith Higgins back as this will give Dublin easy possession on kick outs.I think they ll have to push up and hope for the best.
    Heres to a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Anyone know anywhere showing the match tomorrow lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Dublin
    Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere showing the match tomorrow lads?

I heard one of the pubs in Dublin might be showing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Then it is decided. I shall watch this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

which one?

Draw
    The one on the corner, just past the church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Draw
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    The one on the corner, just past the church.

No the tv broke tother night there.

Its the one further up on the other side of the road, you know the one beside the butchers.

• Advertisement

Draw
    That one was shut down by the health inspectors. Something about cockroaches in the hang sangitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ProudDUB wrote: »
    That one was shut down by the health inspectors. Something about cockroaches in the hang sangitches.

Are there TV's in Mayo or will they be all at the match?

Draw
    I think there are TV's. No electricity though, which seems a bit pointless to me, but sure there ya go...who are we to judge? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Dublin
    Fwiw, I fancy Mayo for tomorrow.

It's going to be a very close match, both sides have their strong points but also their weaknesses. Personally, I think Mayo have the stronger backline and stronger midfield... the O'Shea's are both superb ballwinners, as is Barry Moran. Dublin have their own strengths there, both O'Sullivan and McAuley are very talented players but won't provide aerial dominance.

Defensively, the Mayo full-back line is the best in the country imo... a serious group of players and won't let in goals easily. Really physical, excellent man-markers, brilliant at dispossession in 1-on-1 situations. The half-back line is strong in defence, but also hugely mobile, and vital to their attacking threat. A great trio, no doubt about that.

I do think Dublin have better scoring forwards, both starting and on the bench. But Mayo having the stronger defence could cancel that out. I do think there are justifiable question marks over the Mayo attack's ability to get scores from play against big teams..... they have racked up big tallies but have relied a lot on their half-back line. Freeman did well the last day, will he perform again? None of Andy Moran, Alan Dillon or Kevin McLoughlin have played as well as they could have, Moran has never really got going and McLoughlin was by far their best forward last year imo, but this year has been quieter.

Dublin attack at pace, but have been wasteful at times. Really doubt they'll get the same amount of goal opportunities as they have in other games, so they'll need to be clinical when the opportunities arise. Brogan, Mannion, Andrews, Connolly, Kilkenny... all have been quiet in certain games, if they all clicked at once, Dublin would win but I think Mayo will feel they'll be able to hold them. But with Rock and McManaman on the bench, they do have a strong bench.

I just think Mayo's midfield and backline will be the winning of the game for them.... they have been the best team in the country this year imo, and I think they'll just have a bit too much. Should be a great game though. Can't see there being more than 3 in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dublin
    Mayo for me.

They learned from last years defeat and they dont want to lose another final.

Would not rule out a draw either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

Dublin
    Mayo for me, I don't particularly care who wins but i'll just play the ancestry card and support them as my great-grandmother was from there.

Mayo also for the minors, though i would rather see Tyrone win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Draw
    Thats me wide awake now..let the floor pacing commence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Dublin
    I'm the opposite, just home from a night out, need to get some sleep before everyone arrives up from the west!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Mayo won't be denied today I think. Mayo by 2 and Alan Dillon to be man of the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Draw
    I think Dublin will win. By about 4/5 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone doing anything today?

I think 1st 10 mins could be huge today.

If Dublin start fast and get a few early scores could effect Mayo and turn into a comfortable win for Dublin.

Can see Dublin testing out O'Connor early.

If Mayo start well I can see them doing well and will be there till the end.

Head saying Mayo but heart saying Dublin. Let's hope my heart is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Dublin
    Never seen a Boards poll this evenly split....10am morning of the game and 194 for both Mayo and Dublin... should be some game. Think the Dublin bench is being over hyped...if they were that good they would be starting. If the real Bernard Brogan turns up it will make it a much tighter game

Mayo for Sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Draw
    Dublin. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Dublin
    I really hope Mayo win this. I don't think anyone would begrudge them. Should be an incredible final. Hope O' Connor is actually in a way to play...no doubt he'll be targeted early anyway.

Mayo by two. I expect goals from both sides.

Draw
    Dublin by 5. BB to have a stormer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dublin
    Maynooth train absolutely swamped here. Best of luck to both sets of fans (esp mayo ones ;) ), can only imagine yer nerves when I'm this nervous myself!

And UP MAYO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Draw
    Maynooth train absolutely swamped here. Best of luck to both sets of fans (esp mayo ones ;) ), can only imagine yer nerves when I'm this nervous myself!

And UP DUBLIN!!!!

I edited your typo. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Dublin

And UP MAYO!!!!
    I edited your typo. :pac:

I know this is what you meant though :)

Draw
    It's gas, I live in Wicklow, and everyone I know is hoping Mayo win. My sister is married to a Wicklow man, and they all have the mayo jerseys for today, it's feckin mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Draw
    Heart says Mayo.

Head says Dublin.

If Mayo do win this I can see a piece of magic win this for them. Going be very tight.

In the 24 years I can remember watching GAA this is without question the hardest year to pick both Football and Hurling winners in AI final.

Normally one code you would fancy a team strongly. Might not always win but thats another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Dublin
    Go on Mayo fellow cluchie supporter but not from mayo but it ends with a y!? :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dublin
    Leaning towards Dublin but both teams play football brilliantly, should be game of the year with high scores but feel one team will run away with it in the last ten minutes and win comfortably. BB, man of the match id say.

Draw
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Leaning towards Dublin but both teams play football brilliantly, should be game of the year with high scores but feel one team will run away with it in the last ten minutes and win comfortably. BB, man of the match id say.

The last ten minutes is going to give people heart attacks. It will be a super game, both teams are very strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Dublin
    Great day ahead. Hon Mayo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Draw
    This isnt just Dublin v Mayo, its Dublin v Everyone else !!
    Lets just spoil the party - UP THE DUBS !!

Advertisement