Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government fee adjustment?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I was just charged on my credit card a government fee adjustment for the amount of 30 euro

since when this new charge came on?

i already paid 30 euro stamp duty on the 2nd of april

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Morning,

The €30 government stamp duty that was charged on the 2nd of April 2013 for the period from 1st of April 2012 until the 30th of March 2013. You would need to call Credit Card Services to check what this charge may relate to.

You can call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 or. Our telephone hours of operation are: 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturday and 10am to 5pm Sunday and Bank Holidays

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hi

i already paid that charge in april as you say

i rang card services and apparently the reason for the charge was that i changed my billing address to an address in Antrim (so outside ROI) last friday

the reason that i had changed it was to get something delivered to parcel motel so my intention is to reverse this back to my address in Dublin once my order gets delivered

would i would like to know is

is this charge a sort of anticipation of what i would be charged in april 2014 or will i be charged again then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Bank of Ireland collect this tax on behalf of the revenue each year on April 1st for the previous year, upon account closure or upon change of address outside of the Republic of Ireland. As you amended your address to Northern Ireland, it was then charged on your account for this tax year. If you change your address back to the Republic, you should not be charged next April as you have already paid for the tax year 2013/2014.

Apologies for the confusion this has caused and I hope this clears it up for you.

Thanks
    Linda

many thanks for the reply Linda

that clarified things

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You dont need to change your billing address to use parcel motel. So dont do that in future if you are using the service. Just to save you hastle.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    You dont need to change your billing address to use parcel motel. So dont do that in future if you are using the service. Just to save you hastle.
    unfortunately for this order in particular it does since this company in particular won't ship if the shipping address doesn't match the billing address

it has been certainly a lot of hassle unfortunately

Advertisement