Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards fantasy nfl league trades

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Nothing like a good trade rape....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Ray Rice way more valuable than that. Mental trade!

For anyone thinking of trading, especially a top tier player, worth letting the league know he's available. See what people are willing to offer. Best way to see what kind of value someone has
    Even using the auction values as rough guide is useful

can you guys explain this is my first fantasy football league so i dont understand

just going off the espn week 1 projections

law firm should get 12 points
    and smith should get 12.8 points

whereas rice is projected to get 17 points

if he had a poor receiving corp wouldnt you be better off upgrading that and getting a decent replacment as you would potentially get more points off it and it decreases the chance of your one big player getting injured and you team going to crap. particularly when there are no decent free agents in a big league such as this

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Has anyone picked Keyshawn Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

nerd69 wrote: »
    can you guys explain this is my first fantasy football league so i dont understand

just going off the espn week 1 projections

law firm should get 12 points
    and smith should get 12.8 points

whereas rice is projected to get 17 points

if he had a poor receiving corp wouldnt you be better off upgrading that and getting a decent replacment as you would potentially get more points off it and it decreases the chance of your one big player getting injured and you team going to crap. particularly when there are no decent free agents in a big league such as this

Those are just that, projections. Rice is a feature back and also one of the better recieving backs the the league. He will score points for yards earned through the air and on the ground.

The firm is not as good, has hands like bricks and is also going to be splitting carries with giovanni bernard. You cant score points if you are not on the field.

As for smith. He has flashed brilliance but has failed to be consistant. He is also the main target this year with boldin and pitta both gone. Ravens fans hope he will become a stud but most people, me included, dont believe this so.

Also receivers, except maybe megatron, are not weekly consistent in fantasy as running backs. There may be weeks where smith and green ellis out score rice, but the will be few and far between.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Those are just that, projections. Rice is a feature back and also one of the better recieving backs the the league. He will score points for yards earned through the air and on the ground.

The firm is not as good, has hands like bricks and is also going to be splitting carries with giovanni bernard. You cant score points if you are not on the field.

As for smith. He has flashed brilliance but has failed to be consistant. He is also the main target this year with boldin and pitta both gone. Ravens fans hope he will become a stud but most people, me included, dont believe this so.

Also receivers, except maybe megatron, are not weekly consistent in fantasy as running backs. There may be weeks where smith and green ellis out score rice, but the will be few and far between.

ok but would a megatron/peyton manning type other position still score high as they are constitant or will a qb/wr always be less consistant

• Advertisement

ok but would a megatron/peyton manning type other position still score high as they are constitant or will a qb/wr always be less consistant

Manning will always be consistent because he will get 300-400 yards most games. The problem with receivers is that one week they catch 8 balls for 140 yards and 2 TDs, they may only have 2 catches and 25 yards the following week, that's why the likes of Megatron, Des Bryant and AJ Green went for so much in. He draft, 8/10 times they fall into the first category.

Someone like Rice will get 100+ yards rushing, 40 recieveing and a TD or 2 most weeks, so that's why he is so valuable.

You have to remember that unlike fantasy premier league this is a week to week fantasy game, so you need to win weekly matchups, so 40 points from rice each week is invaluable compared to 30 one week and 10 the next from your WR.

All that said, Smith could be the next inline to join, Megatron. Dez and AJ in the top tier (elite ;)) that's the fun of fantasy football!!

cheers seasons not even started and im liking the look of fantasy looks like its gona be an annual thing for me

so if its weekly match ups does that mean we get a certain number of points for winning a game as opposed to the league going on a points difference basis

does it differ depending on how much you beat someone or is it a generic number of points for every win

cheers seasons not even started and im liking the look of fantasy looks like its gona be an annual thing for me

so if its weekly match ups does that mean we get a certain number of points for winning a game as opposed to the league going on a points difference basis

does it differ depending on how much you beat someone or is it a generic number of points for every win

I stand to be corrected on this, it's win loss record, guys with the best records make the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I just felt I was screwed without a receiver. I still have a premier back and another who will get good carries. Plus I'm a huge smith fan. Sure I won the league last year ;)

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I just felt I was screwed without a receiver. I still have a premier back and another who will get good carries. Plus I'm a huge smith fan. Sure I won the league last year ;)

suddenly a lot less confident with the trade. i didnt know you knew what you where doing :mad::D

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »

It's your call at the end of the day, but I do agree with Rob (the big bad one not the nerd one)'s suggestion about letting people know, if you had said Ray Rice was available you would I have been flooded with offers.

suddenly a lot less confident with the trade. i didnt know you knew what you where doing :mad::D

Hey hey, I never claimed to know what I was doing

It's your call at the end of the day, but I do agree with Rob (the big bad one not the nerd one)'s suggestion about letting people know, if you had said Ray Rice was available you would I have been flooded with offers.

I totally agree tbh, my rash decision making took hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bewildering Bengals Trade Block

Knowshon Moreno - starting RB in Denver
    Ryan Mathews - starting RB in San Diego
    Julian Edelman - no.2 WR for Pats, 2 TD's Week 1
    Josh Freeman - eh....

Looking for a good bench option in a straight swap or a 2-for-1 that would be a good upgrade for one of my starters.

If anyone is interested in a trade give me a shout

If anyone is interested in trading in general, update your trade block on the site

More trade activity

Bewildering Bengals: Matthew Stafford, Det & Julian Edelman, NE
    -for-
    Knocklyon Knights: Tom Brady, NE

Am hoping last week was just a blip for Brady

Cork crusaders trade block

Eli manning 28.8 points in week 1
    Greg jennings

Am hoping last week was just a blip for Brady

As I say that, just saw report that Amendola likely out for Week 2, with Vereen gone as well not looking great until Gronk returns

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Ballina Diamondbacks trading block.

Kyle Rudolph TE
    Ryan Tannehill QB

Looking for a RB

Knowshon Moreno (22.7 points) available for trade.

Anyone with RB issues, give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Knowshon Moreno (22.7 points) available for trade.

Anyone with RB issues, give me a shout

What you looking for Rob?

• Advertisement

What you looking for Rob?

Ideally am looking at upgrading a starting position, so starter+Moreno for a better starter.

Could improve at RB2, WR or TE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have Phillip Rivers, looks like he is back to his best. Anyone want him?? I would be looking for a very good RB or WR or an elite TE for him.

I have James starks, starting running back for packers at moment. Looking for help at WR , Pm me if anyone is interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Splashing the cash yesterday Dave and all to do get trade bait ! Devious. You actually know like you look know what you are doing !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Splashing the cash yesterday Dave and all to do get trade bait ! Devious. You actually know like you look know what you are doing !

Anything for an upgrade :pac:

True if it was his idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

True if it was his idea ;)
    Kinda knew that really but did not want to publically embaress him. Had a decent bid in for Starks but its just as well I did not get him as there is a good chance he would blow my weekly average score of 55 out of the water !

Kinda knew that really but did not want to publically embaress him. Had a decent bid in for Starks but its just as well I did not get him as there is a good chance he would blow my weekly average score of 55 out of the water !

Sure, he would think we hated him if we didn't embarrass him!!

Adding Daryl Richardson and Ryan Mathews to the trade block

Still have Moreno (ranked 14 this week by ESPN) available

Ideal trade is to upgrade one of my WR (Bowe, Garcon, Shorts, Thompkins) to a top-level guy in a 2-for-1

Hit me up

• Advertisement

Is it too late to sign free agents for this week?

Advertisement