Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards fantasy nfl league trades

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Adding Daryl Richardson and Ryan Mathews to the trade block

Still have Moreno (ranked 14 this week by ESPN) available

Ideal trade is to upgrade one of my WR (Bowe, Garcon, Shorts, Thompkins) to a top-level guy in a 2-for-1

Hit me up

Rob have a look at my block and see if you can trade rape me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is it too late to sign free agents for this week?

Waivers processed every night except Sunday and Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Great, stuck with a crocked Jackson

Berty44 wrote: »
    Rob have a look at my block and see if you can trade rape me :D
    Had a look Berty, but only guys of yours I like you have as untouchable (Brees, Miller, Amendola)

Good timing on the McGahee pickup btw

Had a look Berty, but only guys of yours I like you have as untouchable (Brees, Miller, Amendola)

Good timing on the McGahee pickup btw

Yep I thought as much about any trade.

Leaning a lot about how to play this game very quickly. I certainly will approach the draft differently next season :)

Done some searching the minute I saw that big trade at bedtime last night Hopefully McGahee will sign for the Browns today and give me two #1 RB's, albeit two not very exciting ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Looking for a straight swap of Frank Gore for another No 1. RB.

If anyone is interested pm me the suggestions and lets see if we can get something done.

Thought there'd be more trade action this week or FA bidding, with the injuries lot of teams looking at tough RB situations:

Dublin Heli's Hellfire: Currently starting the Injured Reggie Bush and 3rd string Jackie Battle
    Knocklyon Knights: Steven Jackson Out and no backup RB
    Kildare Kolts: Lacy injured so picking from Rodgers/Helu/Rainey
    Empty Empty: Stewart Out and Turner still a FA, choosing between Leshoure and James (both have 0 points in two games)
    Meath Eagles: Possibly unlucky with the Richardson trade for Bradshaw's value
    Dublin Dopes: Has 2 good starters, but no one on bench
    Cork Crusaders: Rice and Bernard questionable, Brown on the bench has already played so no use if either are injured

Just shows how ugly RB gets in an 18-team league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've noticed the usual completely unrealistic trade offers. To be honest if the trade you are offering is not something you would accept yourself then don't offer it.

There isn't much worth bidding on the waiver wires to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Thought there'd be more trade action this week or FA bidding, with the injuries lot of teams looking at tough RB situations:

Dublin Heli's Hellfire: Currently starting the Injured Reggie Bush and 3rd string Jackie Battle
    Knocklyon Knights: Steven Jackson Out and no backup RB
    Kildare Kolts: Lacy injured so picking from Rodgers/Helu/Rainey
    Empty Empty: Stewart Out and Turner still a FA, choosing between Leshoure and James (both have 0 points in two games)
    Meath Eagles: Possibly unlucky with the Richardson trade for Bradshaw's value
    Dublin Dopes: Has 2 good starters, but no one on bench
    Cork Crusaders: Rice and Bernard questionable, Brown on the bench has already played so no use if either are injured

Just shows how ugly RB gets in an 18-team league.

James starks is available! Just pm me or Dave.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've noticed the usual completely unrealistic trade offers. To be honest if the trade you are offering is not something you would accept yourself then don't offer it.

There isn't much worth bidding on the waiver wires to be honest.

Yeah had some of that too. It's much worse in the fantasy forum though, everyone who offers a trade feels they have to WIN the trade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah had some of that too. It's much worse in the fantasy forum though, everyone who offers a trade feels they have to WIN the trade!

Yeah but at the same time. Different people have different opinions of good trade value. For instance I was trying to get rid of Danny Amendola in other leagues to people who were short at WR for a decent RB. I couldn't but my thinking was that perhaps somebody would be willing to take the risk of taking Amendola to upgrade their WR ranks in a couple of weeks and get rid of the spare RB they had.

So for me I don't think there is a problem with any trade offer. (well within reason, in the Boards keeper league Daryl Richardson was traded for Ray Rice :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

I traded Tory smith and law firm for ray rice wich everyone thought was very lop sided I wouldn't have accepted that trade
    but ray rice has done nothing so far so its worked out the other way there's no harm in chancing your arm if you thinks its outrageous you can just say no

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just pointing out the reason why there are so few trades, everyone wants to trade away mediocre players and get elite stars in return.

Bewildering Bengals entire roster except McCoy is available for the right deal.

QB: Brady, Freeman
    RB: Mathews, Moreno, Richardson, Pead
    WR: Bowe, Garcon, Thompkins, Shorts
    TE: Daniels

As you can see, have plenty of depth, so I am looking for a good upgrade of one of my starting positions.

Will do 2-for-1, 3-for-1, 3-for-2 or accept some throw-in bench guys to balance trade.
    Looking for top-level guys only

Hit me up guys

Just pointing out the reason why there are so few trades, everyone wants to trade away mediocre players and get elite stars in return.

I always chance my arm and aim high at the start but I'm willing to come down. but people don't negotiate, its just flat out no.

To be honest if I receive a stupid trade request I'm ignoring rather than negotiating, if it's semi realistic but I just don't fancy it I'll send a counter offer.

If you offer a below average TE for a top 5 running back the very best you can hope for is a polite No.

To be honest if I receive a stupid trade request I'm ignoring rather than negotiating, if it's semi realistic but I just don't fancy it I'll send a counter offer.

If you offer a below average TE for a top 5 running back the very best you can hope for is a polite No.

So that's a no on Michael Hoomanawanui for Alfred Morris so?

Indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Bewildering Bengals entire roster except McCoy is available for the right deal.

QB: Brady, Freeman
    RB: Mathews, Moreno, Richardson, Pead
    WR: Bowe, Garcon, Thompkins, Shorts
    TE: Daniels

As you can see, have plenty of depth, so I am looking for a good upgrade of one of my starting positions.

Will do 2-for-1, 3-for-1, 3-for-2 or accept some throw-in bench guys to balance trade.
    Looking for top-level guys only

Hit me up guys

Ya that was a pretty sucky loss I'd be pissed 2 can't believe I poxed that one

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

I have Rudolph and Tannehill available for trade if anyone is interested?

Looking for a low value RB

• Advertisement

Trade with nerd69

Bewildering Bengals get: Bryce Brown, Greg Jennings, Eli Manning

Cork Crusaders get: KNowshon Moreno, Kenbrell Thompkins, Brian Hoyer

Disappointed to give up Moreno and am still optimistic about Thompkins, but very happy to have Brown in case anything happens to McCoy. Manning an upgrade for Brady's bye week.
    Jennings and Hoyer fillers to balance the deal really

Updated my trade block. Have a HB for trade looking for a WR.

Who's the HB?

Who's the HB?
    Someone you should be very excited about :P one of the Rock Paper Scissors Men Montee Ball from Denver, their #2.

Given my 0-4 start pretty much my entire team is up for negotiation, so drop me a PM if anyone takes your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Vernan Davis or Larry Fitz available
    Need to upgrade at HB

RG3/Rivers are on the trade block and I need a very very good RB in return.

Or I could do a deal whereby I give up one of the QBs and Hakeem Nicks for a WR and a HB.

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'll just a make a point people seem to be forgetting.

Running backs are the most valuable position in such a larger league. So if you want to get one in a trade your going to need to give more than you get to receive a running back.

I'll just a make a point people seem to be forgetting.

Running backs are the most valuable position in such a larger league. So if you want to get one in a trade your going to need to give more than you get to receive a running back.

I totally disagree with you this year. RBs are totally underperforming this year, its all about the WRs. :confused:

Edit- Bertie, I think Ball is #3 in Denver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »
    I totally disagree with you this year. RBs are totally underperforming this year, its all about the WRs. :confused:

So the lack of running back's or running backs being utilized by there team doesn't make quality automatically more valuable ?

also Minimum 2 starting WR's on every team and in alot of cases slot WR's have value. You cant say the same for Running back's,

Some running backs aren't worth owning - any brown it seems, cardinal running back , giants running backs.

If you score a combined 5.1 like you did this week with your running backs your gonna lose your match up. Or you'll need shoot outs every week with your WR's

Advertisement