Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod request post#5808

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Coutino is fine and will improve, he played out wide in a derby so was always gonna be a big ask for him. Play ozil/kagawa any other no.10 out wide and theres a clear difference, same applies to coutinho, play him centrally and hes a different player.

Yeah dropping Gerrard doesn't really make sense when it's inferiority on the bench.

Dropping him for a better top class player would make proper sense.

The only thing Rodgers can do is move him and I'm not even sure he'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's barely a player in the league who can put that cross in for Suarez's missed header, let alone at the club.

Stuff like that makes it hard to drop him.

Definitely need to reshape the midfield though and get someone in beside him.

Did Mirallas do much after Allen got the booking for fouling him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gerrard doesn't need to be dropped.

he needs to be moved so we get all the good things we get from him, but we don't have to rely on him to be solid in a midfield two.

y'know, that thing Rafa did all those years ago to great success, but nobody else seemed to catch on to.

****ing baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Allen actually had a few fairly cynical nips at Mirallas before he got booked for the obvious retaliation for Mirallas getting Henderson.

To answer your question, Mirallas did have a bit of a quiet spell after that foul.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Gerrard doesn't need to be dropped.

he needs to be moved so we get all the good things we get from him, but we don't have to rely on him to be solid in a midfield two.

y'know, that thing Rafa did all those years ago to great success, but nobody else seemed to catch on to.

****ing baffling.

Gerrard dosent have the legs to play their or cm, his long range shooting is non existent these days too. He should be used sparingly on current form but we don't have the options to do that.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Gerrard doesnt need to be dropped. Ye are looking at things the wrong way around. In some ways id love to see him dropped for a couple of games so people could get their wish and see Joe Allen come in for him, with Gerrard nowhere in sight. After a couple of totally boring midfield displays with no midfielder who can pass it long, or cross a ball into the box etc, we could then all get back to the notion that Gerrard is the best we got .....still.

In reality the club should have/be buying a player who both gives us what Gerrard cannot do anymore and also another CM who can carry the ball and has presence.

In actuality, we will probably see plenty of Allen regardless, whether he is any use or not, it wont really matter, he will get the chances. my only gripe is that it may be at the expense of the club getting their finger out and doing what was blatantly evident 12 months ago.

Gerrard really isnt to blame here. Suarez should have buried his cross, Sturridge did bury his cross, what did Joe Allen contribute?, what key thing did he do all game?. I saw fk all tbh apart from a contender for miss of the season.

Gerrard is not being excused either, he has good days and bad, that's what comes with age and everything else. The club needs to address this. Address it by purchasing, not dropping for average players, which Joe Allen is tbh. Nothing i have seen makes him better than that so far. One thing i am sure of, we wont solve the issue by wasting time with the like of Alberto, harsh i know, but accurate imo. Midfielder/s should have been bought in the summer, we tried, we didnt get them, we deal with the consequences of the tightened belt, i only wish we extended the tightened belt to the like of Alberto and Aspas, who imo will amount to nothing at the club. Sitting here reading criticism of Henderson, im just asking myself, who is contributing the most to our cause from this group of players that significant money was spent on....

Aspas/Borini/Allen/Alberto/Henderson. £50m+. Not even a contest tbh. Lets just get it right with the finger pointing. Obvious to me. The club itself as an entity.

Spent all summer going for a midfielder, and, in actual fact only bought one, who to be fair, is probably not near as good as what we sold to Swansea. Thats the facts right there peeps as i see em. We can criticise Gerrard all we like, what i do know is, Allen or Lucas arent gonna be putting in the crosses that Sturridge scored from and Suarez missed from. The answer lies below....

Alberto was bought for the future along with illori/yesil etc.. Why cant people see/accept this?
    Your point is valid on gerrard and his set pieces which are superb but that dosent balance his horrific work rate/ anonymity at times, i think you are absolving a lot of blame on gerrard. Anything to say on the goal keeper or the two lads signed recently who bought scored yesterday while you're exclusively zoning in on a player who had his first start since march?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

There's a difference between dropping him and resting him. I think we can manage against Norwich with Allen in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just watched the 3rd Everton goal.. Why was Johnson marking Lukaku for the corner? I wouldnt put him top on the list of headers at theclub but maybe im not being fair on him. And why he switched off and left Flanagan to challenge Lukaku, i just dont understand:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Gerrard doesnt need to be dropped. Ye are looking at things the wrong way around. In some ways id love to see him dropped for a couple of games so people could get their wish and see Joe Allen come in for him, with Gerrard nowhere in sight. After a couple of totally boring midfield displays with no midfielder who can pass it long, or cross a ball into the box etc, we could then all get back to the notion that Gerrard is the best we got .....still.

In reality the club should have/be buying a player who both gives us what Gerrard cannot do anymore and also another CM who can carry the ball and has presence.

In actuality, we will probably see plenty of Allen regardless, whether he is any use or not, it wont really matter, he will get the chances. my only gripe is that it may be at the expense of the club getting their finger out and doing what was blatantly evident 12 months ago.

Gerrard really isnt to blame here. Suarez should have buried his cross, Sturridge did bury his cross, what did Joe Allen contribute?, what key thing did he do all game?. I saw fk all tbh apart from a contender for miss of the season.

Gerrard is not being excused either, he has good days and bad, that's what comes with age and everything else. The club needs to address this. Address it by purchasing, not dropping for average players, which Joe Allen is tbh. Nothing i have seen makes him better than that so far. One thing i am sure of, we wont solve the issue by wasting time with the like of Alberto, harsh i know, but accurate imo. Midfielder/s should have been bought in the summer, we tried, we didnt get them, we deal with the consequences of the tightened belt, i only wish we extended the tightened belt to the like of Alberto and Aspas, who imo will amount to nothing at the club. Sitting here reading criticism of Henderson, im just asking myself, who is contributing the most to our cause from this group of players that significant money was spent on....

Aspas/Borini/Allen/Alberto/Henderson. £50m+. Not even a contest tbh. Lets just get it right with the finger pointing. Obvious to me. The club itself as an entity.

Spent all summer going for a midfielder, and, in actual fact only bought one, who to be fair, is probably not near as good as what we sold to Swansea. Thats the facts right there peeps as i see em. We can criticise Gerrard all we like, what i do know is, Allen or Lucas arent gonna be putting in the crosses that Sturridge scored from and Suarez missed from. The answer lies below....

checkbook.jpg

I realise it's probably arguing semantics but I don't believe Gerrard needs to be dropped, but he sure as hell needs to be rotated in and out of the team. There is obsolutely no need for him to be on the pitch for every minute of every game in the PL. So far this season he has been subbed off twice, once for 5 minutes and the other for half an hour when we were completely dominant against Fulham. Couple this with his desire to play meaningless friendlies with England and we have a problem. He simply does not have the stamina that he used to have, which is understandable and not a critisism towards him personally. I believe the manager needs to make the tough decisions as Gerrard won't make them. You simply need to take a look at how Fergie used to handle his older players to see what needs to be done imo. Granted Fergie always had a better squad and better cover than we do but the point still stands. Look at Lampard at Chelsea for another example. Being rested for a game or two at that age does not mean your career is over.

5live wrote: »
    Just watched the 3rd Everton goal.. Why was Johnson marking Lukaku for the corner? I wouldnt put him top on the list of headers at theclub but maybe im not being fair on him. And why he switched off and left Flanagan to challenge Lukaku, i just dont understand:-(

Yup. It should have been Sakho. That was the one thing that massively pissed me off with the line up was him not starting.

5live wrote: »

That is where you would want Sahko for corners imo, marking Lukaku, but he was in the stands unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    There's a difference between dropping him and resting him. I think we can manage against Norwich with Allen in midfield.

Semantics! ;)

He'll think he's been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

It's very frustrating watching him in CM especially with Lucas, a partnership that has never worked.

They just don't click. Lucas doesn't run and Gerrard can't.

mike65 wrote: »
    Semantics! ;)

He'll think he's been dropped.

Lol, maybe.

People here must really think Allen (and possibly Henderson too) is complete garbage to think we can't play them for 45-60 minutes against the lesser teams for a single game. I'd go as for as to say I think there are some Liverpool supporters at the stage who want Allen to fail to so they can be vindicated. Despite my long term concerns of Gerrard and Johnson for example, I've always hoped I'm proved wrong on them. Always. Maybe it's a glass half full v glass half empty thing.

Anyway, I'm well aware the options are limited in midfield till January. I'm sure you know this. I think the vast majority of us do. Doesn't mean he (Gerrard) can't be rotated occasionally. It doesn't have to be Allen necessarily, Henderson can play alongside Lucas if need be, even though I think Allen would best suited alongside Lucas as he offers something different to Henderson, but I won't complain about either. If we're struggling, bring Gerrard on with 30 minutes or so to go.

I remember a midfield of Lucas (when most were calling a flop too!) and Damian ****ing Plessis more than holding their own at the Emirates one year. One from Allen and Henderson can manage a game against Norwich.

Hard part is convincing Rodgers it seems. Next few games will be telling at any rate.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Plessis looked like a superstar in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

klose wrote: »
    Alberto was bought for the future along with illori/yesil etc.. Why cant people see/accept this?
    Your point is valid on gerrard and his set pieces which are superb but that dosent balance his horrific work rate/ anonymity at times, i think you are absolving a lot of blame on gerrard. Anything to say on the goal keeper or the two lads signed recently who bought scored yesterday while you're exclusively zoning in on a player who had his first start since march?

We dont need to spend 7m on the likes of him when we blatantly need competition for the starters that are there, he is no competition whatsoever.

Gerrard has always been like this, what is the great surprise with people?, did ye used to see him work more?, it never happened, he was always better being released to cause problems the other end.

Well i dont have all night to pick out a detailed post about everyone, if thats ok with yourself?!!!. Gerrard was a topic for debate, i chipped in, thats it.

Gerrard has always been like this, what is the great surprise with people?, did ye used to see him work more?, it never happened, he was always better being released to cause problems the other end.

This is what frustrates people, he's in a position that requires him to work but it was never his strong point.

He shouldn't be in CM but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be dropped.

Allen,imo, would be fine alongside Lucas. Play Gerrard behind Sturridge and Suarez.

mormank wrote: »
    I realise it's probably arguing semantics but I don't believe Gerrard needs to be dropped, but he sure as hell needs to be rotated in and out of the team. There is obsolutely no need for him to be on the pitch for every minute of every game in the PL. So far this season he has been subbed off twice, once for 5 minutes and the other for half an hour when we were completely dominant against Fulham. Couple this with his desire to play meaningless friendlies with England and we have a problem. He simply does not have the stamina that he used to have, which is understandable and not a critisism towards him personally. I believe the manager needs to make the tough decisions as Gerrard won't make them. You simply need to take a look at how Fergie used to handle his older players to see what needs to be done imo. Granted Fergie always had a better squad and better cover than we do but the point still stands. Look at Lampard at Chelsea for another example. Being rested for a game or two at that age does not mean your career is over.

So, essentially, your issue is with the manager, that's fine.

Im sorry but i dont see Germany v England as meaningless, maybe some 'paddys' like ourselves do but...

Your Fergie comparison and Chelsea comparison is very similar though, Ferguson broke transfer records for years on players before Chelsea showed up, Chelsea came along then etc. They have both had massive squads, we dont, we didnt qualify for Europe. Lampard played 50 games last year, which equates to Gerrard playing 50 next year for us. Difference being, Chelsea have the players, again, we dont. Sure, we can sub these important players off more...........maybe Brendan just doesnt get it?. In any case, we drop a level without Gerrard, which is the only point i made tonight, a fairly simple one.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    This is what frustrates people, he's in a position that requires him to work but it was never his strong point.

He shouldn't be in CM but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be dropped.

Allen,imo, would be fine alongside Lucas. Play Gerrard behind Sturridge and Suarez.

We tried this already last year, we were awful at times. We stuck Allen more advanced, he was worse, then injury was the 'motive' for bad games. He has no presence, no strength, no ability to carry a ball and turn the opposition, no passing range. Him beside Lucas is poison imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

[IMG][/img]http://www.egdoc.org.au/assets/images/checkbook.jpg

As much as we all give out about Gerrard, his assist record is brilliant, largely helped by the whipping in style free kicks.

We've a "we'll score more that you approach", and it's largely working, we're second. The Rodgers criticism of having no plan B, is now replaced with "well, plan A isn't working, so plan B is crap".

The Alberto criticism is unfair, look the spent £50 Million on those players. Sure we spent whatever on Coutinho and he gets a pass, and he's been poor enough this season, and that's without mentioning the Sturridge phemonenon. Unbelievable impact for us.

Most of those players are young with loads of potential, all we can go on on is recent Rodgers quotes, he wants first team upgrades, The club has spent a fortune on young players with potential, some will be great, some squad players, some Carroll's that just don't work out, time to spend €20/30 Million on first team players.

We've a real chance at CL football here. Get it, and worry about the squad aftewards, we've done enough worrying about that in the last couple of seasons. We'd worry about in the Europa Cup, might as well be in CL instead!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

We tried this already last year, we were awful at times. We stuck Allen more advanced, he was worse, then injury was the 'motive' for bad games. He has no presence, no strength, no ability to carry a ball and turn the opposition, no passing range. Him beside Lucas is poison imo.

It started off quite well iirc, nothing groundbreaking or anything like that but he showed decent control and he had plenty of fight in him especially against much stronger players.

I agree that in an advanced role he's hopeless and I hope he doesn't play there again.

brevity wrote: »
    It started off quite well iirc, nothing groundbreaking or anything like that but he showed decent control and he had plenty of fight in him especially against much stronger players.

I agree that in an advanced role he's hopeless and I hope he doesn't play there again.

The derby last season at Goodison springs to mind. His performance against Fellani, he was excellent from start to finish. Fellani eventually resorted to kicking him about in frustration.

He was also very good against City season I remember at Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The derby last season at Goodison springs to mind. His performance against Fellani, he was excellent from start to finish. Fellani eventually resorted to kicking him about in frustration.

He was also very good against City season I remember at Anfield.

To be fair Fellaini has shown himself to be a cart-horse masquerading as a thoroughbred.

He's not the player people built him up to me. He has time on his side to improve but he's been absolute muck this season. At least Aquilani was new to the league and didn't adapt, Fellaini isn't.

I'm Fellaini bashing in 2 threads ooops but it's true, pound for pound he's the biggest flop of the summer, narrowly ahead of Soldado at Spurs who has been useless (mainly through lack of service to be fair).

At the start of the season everyone felt Spurs would be right up there top 4 but i simply can't see it. They can't score. They can't create. LFC to comfortably finish above them. Suarez + Sturridge almost guarantee that alone.

So, essentially, your issue is with the manager, that's fine.

Im sorry but i dont see Germany v England as meaningless, maybe some 'paddys' like ourselves do but...

Your Fergie comparison and Chelsea comparison is very similar though, Ferguson broke transfer records for years on players before Chelsea showed up, Chelsea came along then etc. They have both had massive squads, we dont, we didnt qualify for Europe. Lampard played 50 games last year, which equates to Gerrard playing 50 next year for us. Difference being, Chelsea have the players, again, we dont. Sure, we can sub these important players off more...........maybe Brendan just doesnt get it?. In any case, we drop a level without Gerrard, which is the only point i made tonight, a fairly simple one.

Yeah I think the resposibility lies with the manager. I wouldn't expect Gerrard to come out and refuse to play when picked as he is tired or whatever. Rodger's needs to see that a player like Gerrard, who has always relied heavily on his athleticism, cannot be expected to put in shifts like he used to. I don't know what the answer is, whether it be playing gerrard in a different role or playing him for 60 minutes of games and actualy being subbed off or rested for 1 game in 3 or whatever, if I knew these answers i would probably have applied for the Liverpool manager's job myself last year but it seems clear as day to me that Gerrard cannot play 90 mins of all games anymore. Personally I think he would be a great option to have on the bench every now and again, perhaps for the Norwich game at home for example. I'm saying all this as a big advocate of Gerrard and one of his biggest fans by the way, but we have to be pragmatic. Saturday's performance was his worst derby performance that I can remember, which really only endorses just how good he has been for us over the years. Having said that we all know what an asset a fully fit and firing Gerrard can be which is the biggest reason for me suggesting he be utilized better. I'd rather have Gerrard chomping at the bit for 3 out of 4 games than a lethargic Gerrard for 4 out of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

He was subbed soon after iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Seems to be the new plan....just keep attacking and score more than the others. Makes for good football and many heart attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Seems to be the new plan....just keep attacking and score more than the others. Makes for good football and many heart attacks.

Considering we left lukaku to roam our half near undefended there was a lot of head in hands on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

darced wrote: »
    Gerrard has been very good 2 of our last 4 games and even off form yesterday he bailed us out at the end with a great assist and laid another on a plate that Suarez missed earlier on,for all our crying about midfield were still not doing too badly,Lucas included has had some stellar outings mixed with the poor.

What happened Rodgers tika taka anyway?one stage last year it looked to be taking shape nicely now we are doing everything 100 mile an hour tis half the reason we are so wide open.

Kind of agree here. Very hard to leave Gerrard out at the moment when he's continuously setting up goalscoring chances. Goals win games after all.

Some of Gerrard's set piece delivery has been outstanding, and he's generally finding a level of consistency with them that i've never seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Speaking of Lukaku, when Luis goes I'd love us to wave a large portion of the fee received in Chelsea's direction to see if they'd be tempted to part with him.
    Very different type of player to Luis but he's an equally unstoppable force when he's playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I wouldn't read much into the Everton game, it was clear after 5 min neither team was interested in defending.

No way do I want to see Gerard dropped, I just want to see him pushed forward, its sad seen him outplayed in cm now. The mans eye for a pass/cross is deadly though still and would cause havoc up front with SAS running behind defenders. He is still well capable of scoring 10-15 league goals.

We need that solid CM partner for lucas.

I hope the owners are looking at our position come January and are ready to add 2 quality players to this team, if we do that I feel sky is the limit for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-praises-jon-flanagan-6336626

Gerrard on Flannagan......

“I thought he was unbelievable. He's been fighting hard in training just to get in the 18, never mind the starting 11, but the manager threw him in at the deep end against a top class player like Kevin Mirallas and I thought he was sensational.

“It was one of the best derby performances I have seen for many years.

“He reminds me of (Jamie) Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause.

“Jon was on the front foot, he was aggressive. He did exactly what the manager told him to do before kick-off. He asked him to be positive and anticipate the danger. He was brilliant.

“All of the players gave him a round of applause when he came in the dressing room afterwards.”

Good 'Hollywood Pic'....

SOCCER-Everton-131754_649-6334787.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jordan Henderson really does look like an odd chap.

On the Gerrard thing, no chance he gets 'rested' against the next few teams. Those are the teams he can look really dangerous against anyhow, and his set piece taking really is a few notches above where it was before allied with a real attacking threat for a change.

5starpool wrote: »
    Jordan Henderson really does look like an odd chap.

On the Gerrard thing, no chance he gets 'rested' against the next few teams. Those are the teams he can look really dangerous against anyhow, and his set piece taking really is a few notches above where it was before allied with a real attacking threat for a change.

He's kind of like a big kid who thinks he's an adult.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gafferino wrote: »
    He's kind of like a big kid who thinks he's an adult.

Tom_Hanks_Big.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The mighty Jon is the only outfield player missing from that picture :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The mighty Jon is the only outfield player missing from that picture :mad:

He was still in position being 'positive and anticipating the danger'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Haven't been on here since the game and slightly surprised there wasn't more people spitting rage. This is a good thing though. I think anyone expecting us to be able to just turn up at Goodison Park with the expectation of an easy three points is just so far off the mark.

Though Flanagan had a perfectly decent game at full back. I'd still have Enrique in there as first choice, but as back-up, Flanno might just be staking a claim there.

Agger had a decent game too. I thought he anticipated the danger better than Skrtel, although a bit annoyed he didn't organise us better in set-pieces.

Lucas was top class- again he got through a crazy amount of work and stopped Barkley from splitting us open on several ocassions.

Allen for poor in my eyes. For me, Allen should have been the player that helped anchor the midfield, but far too often he went missing while Everton swarmed all over us. That chance he blew was probably the difference between us securing the 3 points and instead only getting 1.

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Jose Enrique has successfully undergone arthroscopic surgery to resolve an issue with his right knee.

The Spaniard has not started for the Reds since the 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace on October 5.

While the full-back made a second-half appearance against Fulham earlier this month, manager Brendan Rodgers last week confirmed the 27-year-old would require a procedure.

Enrique is expected to return to full training at Melwood in around 10 weeks' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Twitter gossip that Liverpool could be interested in Ryan Bertrand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

slingerz wrote: »
    Twitter gossip that Liverpool could be interested in Ryan Bertrand

Anyone reliable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

amiable wrote: »
    Anyone reliable?

Ain't going to be sold to us anyway is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Yup. It should have been Sakho. That was the one thing that massively pissed me off with the line up was him not starting.
    But seeing as Sakho was in the stands, surely it stands to reason that our best defender for headers should be marking their best attacking threat for headers?

There was something well off for that match in organising the defense. Surely it should have been Agger or Skrtel picking up Lukaku?

If they are not capable of that basic function then they shouldnt be starting!
    Sakho or Toure should be in there for that job.

I have to question Rodgers decision on the starting line-up. From my position, it looks simple decision:confused:

I see Bayern are having a bit of a mole problem, duncan Jenkins must have moved onto pastures new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

amiable wrote: »
    Anyone reliable?

Ya, YOU!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What's the story with that Brazilian left back we supposedly almost signed in the summer from Spain? Can't remember his name. Could we be back in for him in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What's the story with that Brazilian left back we supposedly almost signed in the summer from Spain? Can't remember his name. Could we be back in for him in January?
    no he went to Benfica

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement