Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod request post#5808

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

donfers wrote: »
    easy hoss, I am not saying 5 or 6 top quality first teamers

2-3 first teamers

and 2-3 young prospects please

we usually supplement the youth a bit in the transfer window

and as for first teamers , mvila plus a wide man/striker as mike suggested and a left-back please with enrique's injury

that'll do me nicely as long as one of the kids is ryan gauld, maybe will hughes another and the third can be from some exotic foreign backwater

This Ryan Gauld guy looks familiar...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭wicorthered

amiable wrote: »
    Have a look through his timeline on twitter and see

I followed him for a little bit in the summer but had to stop because he tweeted rubbish.

Everyday for about 10 days Mkhitaryan was being announced tomorrow. It was the same with Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He had us signing god knows how many forwards!! I don't think he got anything right!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I followed him for a little bit in the summer but had to stop because he tweeted rubbish.

Everyday for about 10 days Mkhitaryan was being announced tomorrow. It was the same with Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He had us signing god knows how many forwards!! I don't think he got anything right!!

I wonder does he delete the tweets from his timeline that was wide of the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Apparently Ian Ayre was shouting his mouth off to all the journalists that Liverpool were sure to get Mkhitaryan.
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos got injured again in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Didn't Kyriakos Papadopoulos crumble in a training session?

Is it wrong that I'm slightly excited about the coming transfer window?

I feel dirty....?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

5live wrote: »
    But seeing as Sakho was in the stands, surely it stands to reason that our best defender for headers should be marking their best attacking threat for headers?

There was something well off for that match in organising the defense. Surely it should have been Agger or Skrtel picking up Lukaku?

If they are not capable of that basic function then they shouldnt be starting!
    Sakho or Toure should be in there for that job.

I have to question Rodgers decision on the starting line-up. From my position, it looks simple decision:confused:

Not disagreeing with you, mate. It should have been either CB for sure picking him up for sure. It's actually somewhat freighting watching most football games, Liverpool or whoever else and seeing players from corners and set pieces in dangerous areas and how so incapable they are in defending such situations and losing their man or even having the wrong person marking someone else.

I don't like comparing sports in the main, but I watch a ridiculous amount of NBA basketball, more so than football these days. Defence is a premium for most teams and the difference in marking players is light and day. So well drilled compared to footballers. LeBron should come here during the off-season and coach some defence at the club :p

GTR63 wrote: »
    I hope your not suggesting Reina should of done better with that :eek:

He actually plased well in that game despite conceeding 3

Yup, no keeper is saving that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In place of who Mike? Or would it be a back up option if one of the strikers gets injured? IMO we need to strengthen the first team and with Enrique out for 3 months we need a left back and a better midfielder than the ones we have already

While the LB is a problem right now I suspect Rodgers will mend and make do there. Enrique is out for 10 weeks, these things tend to be over-estimated in my experience so call it 2 months. I reckon that's manageable.

As for the attacking player - Konoplyanka or that Greek chap
    Mitroglou if its a pure goalscorer. However they will proably be in the CL after Christmas so I don't see a deal being done unless they fall short.

mike65 wrote: »
    While the LB is a problem right now I suspect Rodgers will mend and make do there. Enrique is out for 10 weeks, these things tend to be over-estimated in my experience so call it 2 months. I reckon that's manageable.

As for the attacking player - Konoplyanka or that Greek chap
    Mitroglou if its a pure goalscorer. However they will proably be in the CL after Christmas so I don't see a deal being done unless they fall short.

I think he's lost faith in Cissokho already as he wasn't even in the squad at the weekend. Coupled with being unsure how quick Enrique will recover I think he'll buy in January for that position. Ben Davies is also being mentioned as a possibility today for LB.

Something for fans of The National, apparently Aaron Dessner is a Liverpool fan.
    Aaaron added: "We were decent by American standards, not European standards." He continued: "My wife is Danish and her family are long-time Liverpool supporters so I am a Liverpool fan by default. But like a lot of Americans we follow the teams that have American players, so we love Tim Howard at Everton for example."

http://www.nme.com/news/the-national/74003

out of curiousity if the Premier League introduced a new kind of draft system whereby for every 10 million net you spent in the transfer window you were deducted one point, you could, of course, spend nothing and keep your point total - what would you do?

I'd take a 12 point hit and spend 120 million net, sure it may affect our CL chances but next season we'd be a real force

• Advertisement

out of curiousity if the Premier League introduced a new kind of draft system whereby for every 10 million net you spent in the transfer window you were deducted one point, you could, of course, spend nothing and keep your point total - what would you do?

I'd take a 12 point hit and spend 120 million net, sure it may affect our CL chances but next season we'd be a real force

If you were in profit would you gain points?

brevity wrote: »
    Something for fans of The National, apparently Aaron Dessner is a Liverpool fan.
    Aaaron added: "We were decent by American standards, not European standards." He continued: "My wife is Danish and her family are long-time Liverpool supporters so I am a Liverpool fan by default. But like a lot of Americans we follow the teams that have American players, so we love Tim Howard at Everton for example."

http://www.nme.com/news/the-national/74003

How long until LFC sign a rising American player/(goalkeeper ;)) I wonder? Almost surprised this hasn't happened.

If you were in profit would you gain points?

No - that wouldn't come into it, just deductions for spends

mike65 wrote: »
    How long until LFC sign a rising American player/(goalkeeper ;)) I wonder? Almost surprised this hasn't happened.

Wasn't there a young American player signed a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Problem with watching a match in a pub with mates instead of at home is that you often don't appreciate performances from less stand-out players like full-backs and defensive mids.

I had Flanagan down as having given a solid performance - he didn't let us down.

In reality he gave an extremely accomplished defensive display and talk of him being the best performer on the pitch by Gerrard is not completely hyperbolic.

The pace of that game was incredible and Flanagan managed it very, very well. You would imagine that that would be something that would incredibly difficult to adapt to coming from mostly U-21 football, but Flanagan did superbly. His aggression is his defending was excellent, and he's quicker than I thought.

Just looking at his stats there - he made an almost unbelievable 9 tackles. For context, the highest average from a fullback in the league is Zabeleta with 4.1. Hugely impressive stat, and no one on the pitch came close in this regard.

He accompanied that with 4 interceptions. That's the highest amount of tackles and interceptions on the whole pitch.

A pass completion rate of 84%, which given the frenetic end-to-end style of the game is not too shabby.

Rodgers deserves credit for trusting him because Cissohko might have been the less controversial choice, but I'm not sure if we would have seen such a solid defensive display.

Long term there may be doubts about his effectiveness as an attacking fullback, as he looks solid and reliable with the ball rather than a player likely to get involved in a goal.

But it's good to know we have a very solid defender available if needed, and on the back of that I would seriously consider him for other 'back to the wall' type games where we may not be favourites. City and Spurs away over Christmas spring to mind (Enrique will still be injured).

Morzadec wrote: »
    Problem with watching a match in a pub with mates instead of at home is that you often don't appreciate performances from less stand-out players like full-backs and defensive mids.

I had Flanagan down as having given a solid performance - he didn't let us down.

In reality he gave an extremely accomplished defensive display and talk of him being the best performer on the pitch by Gerrard is not completely hyperbolic.

The pace of that game was incredible and Flanagan managed it very, very well. You would imagine that that would be something that would incredibly difficult to adapt to coming from mostly U-21 football, but Flanagan did superbly. His aggression is his defending was excellent, and he's quicker than I thought.

Just looking at his stats there - he made an almost unbelievable 9 tackles. For context, the highest average from a fullback in the league is Zabeleta with 4.1. Hugely impressive stat, and no one on the pitch came close in this regard.

He accompanied that with 4 interceptions. That's the highest amount of tackles and interceptions on the whole pitch.

A pass completion rate of 84%, which given the frenetic end-to-end style of the game is not too shabby.

Rodgers deserves credit for trusting him because Cissohko might have been the less controversial choice, but I'm not sure if we would have seen such a solid defensive display.

Long term there may be doubts about his effectiveness as an attacking fullback, as he looks solid and reliable with the ball rather than a player likely to get involved in a goal.

But it's good to know we have a very solid defender available if needed, and on the back of that I would seriously consider him for other 'back to the wall' type games where we may not be favourites. City and Spurs away over Christmas spring to mind (Enrique will still be injured).

Flanagan was excellent yet I was disappointed to hear Gerrard make out he is technically deficient as a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Didn't Kyriakos Papadopoulos crumble in a training session?

Is it wrong that I'm slightly excited about the coming transfer window?

I feel dirty....?
    I know that feeling. I was just reading about Stefan Kiessling of Bayer leverkusen being linked with manU for january:o

brevity wrote: »
    Wasn't there a young American player signed a few years ago?

marc pelosi?

villyan bijev?

marco bueno?

any of them maybe...they all disappeared into a big pothole at the back of melwood apparently, hence the recent dismissals of mcparland, borrell - watch this exclusive appear on the mole's timeline soon folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sky sources understand, Sky sources will be busy again for the next 2 months saying Sky sources understands.

Going to be a fun two months :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

marc pelosi?

villyan bijev?

marco bueno?

any of them maybe...they all disappeared into a big pothole at the back of melwood apparently, hence the recent dismissals of mcparland, borrell - watch this exclusive appear on the mole's timeline soon folks

Pelosi signed a new deal recently , never heard of the other 2

marc pelosi?

villyan bijev?

marco bueno?

Wasnt there a CB transferred 3-4years ago, had a few cup games. He got promoted last season or the season before (with Norwich?) and lost his place after the first few games. Tall blonde guy? I am sh*it for names:(

Wasnt there a CB transferred 3-4years ago, had a few cup games. He got promoted last season or the season before (with Norwich?) and lost his place after the first few games. Tall blonde guy? I am sh*it for names:(

Zak Whitbread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

marc pelosi?

villyan bijev?

marco bueno?

The other two are at melwood and villyan is playing for a club in Belgium because of issues in getting a work permit so it was easier to send him on loan for a year to Belgium . I would imagine this was down to the fact his parents are from Belgium

Zak Whitbread
    Good man yourself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The other two are at melwood and villyan is playing for a club in Belgium because of issues in getting a work permit so it was easier to send him on loan for a year to Belgium . I would imagine this was down to the fact his parents are from Belgium

Bijev is an American with Bulgarian ancestry if i'm not mistaken?

• Advertisement

Good man yourself

Sold him to Millwall after a loan spell there. They sold him to Norwich and I think he's out on loan somewhere else now

Michael Bradley as a utility midfielder for January? ;) Mind you Roma are doing so well I'd doubt he'd be tempted.

hearing some reliable tweeters linking us with bryan ruiz, he wants out at fulham apparently and has fallen outwith Jol, has told us he wants to come and Rodgers is interested, two things may scupper the deal, if Jol is fired before January 31st then the new manager may insist he stays, the second is the fee, fulham want most of their 10 million back, lfc only prepared to pay half that

I don't want him, too lightweight, drifts out of games - no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Just looking at his stats there - he made an almost unbelievable 9 tackles. For context, the highest average from a fullback in the league is Zabeleta with 4.1. Hugely impressive stat, and no one on the pitch came close in this regard

Only 2 fullbacks (Clyne against us, with 10) and Zabaleta (against United with 13) have topped that stat this season.

marc pelosi?

villyan bijev?

marco bueno?

Ya, it was Bueno.

That pothole will need an extension soon. We'll probably have to kick people out of their homes to do that too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Sky sources understand, Sky sources will be busy again for the next 2 months saying Sky sources understands.

Going to be a fun two months :D

I'm convinced 'Sky sources' are two lads sitting in a quiet room. One furiously reading all the mornings papers and the other monitoring the twitter 'ITKs'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought that was the whole point of the account...post stuff, watch the reaction in here, then those in on it have a laugh.

I'm convinced 'Sky sources' are two lads sitting in a quiet room. One furiously reading all the mornings papers and the other monitoring the twitter 'ITKs'
    You wouldn't be too far off some of the times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

easy hoss, I am not saying 5 or 6 top quality first teamers

2-3 first teamers

and 2-3 young prospects please

we usually supplement the youth a bit in the transfer window

and as for first teamers , mvila plus a wide man/striker as mike suggested and a left-back please with enrique's injury

that'll do me nicely as long as one of the kids is ryan gauld, maybe will hughes another and the third can be from some exotic foreign backwater

Not having a go, I thought you were messing.

I will be shocked to see 5-6 players arrive as I said and I dont think its on the agenda either. The article below looks at 7 seasons before 2012/13 (Sturridge and Coutinho). We rarely buy that amount of players in January.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc---january-transfer-3354097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

fock the transfer window, i'm massively excited about december- seven league games can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Happy birthday to ex reds Steve Heighway & Xabi Alonso

BZ7BgKJCcAAq4yu.jpg

BZ6k0dJCQAAvGsm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cant believe Arbeloa was 2007!

Hopefully the next transfer window is a better one than the last in terms of 1st teamers. Mingolet the only definate starter and Sakho would will probably play the majority of games.

2 midfielders and a LB would do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

If we can get to 2 players the quality of Mignolet and Sakho we will be doing very well.

Sterling should be shipped out on loan.
    Borini's future should be sorted. Is Sunderland the best place for him?
    Aspas needs to bulk up. A course of steroids perhaps.

Kelly? Sort out what's happening with him. I reckon his days are numbered. Same could be said for the other 3 too I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Aspas needs to bulk up. A course of steroids perhaps.

He just needs to play like he did against Stoke. They are as physical as it comes and he was absolutely fine against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had a decent pre season too. I wouldn't be writing him off yet, anyway.

The future of the likes of him, and Borini, will probably be decided by whether or not we make the CL next year.

If we do, then they're definitely worthy squad players, in my eyes.

This season you can't really make too much of a case for either starting right now, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

2.04 of the clip - Definitely getting tips from Enrique.

Knex. wrote: »
    Had a decent pre season too. I wouldn't be writing him off yet, anyway.

The future of the likes of him, and Borini, will probably be decided by whether or not we make the CL next year.

If we do, then they're definitely worthy squad players, in my eyes.

This season you can't really make too much of a case for either starting right now, unfortunately.

Wouldn't write them off completely but huge improvement is needed from them all. Will Borini come even come back if he's not scoring for Sunderland. I'm guessing he might be sent on loan elsewhere.

I can't imagine Aspas will get much game time unless one of the front 3 get injured.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't write them off completely but huge improvement is needed from them all. Will Borini come even come back if he's not scoring for Sunderland. I'm guessing he might be sent on loan elsewhere.

I can't imagine Aspas will get much game time unless one of the front 3 get injured.

He won't get to play at all unless one of them gets injured, and even then may be behind Moses in the pecking order. We don't have enough games to rest players, although over Christmas some rotation will be needed probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I was trying to have a bit of a look around there, but I cant seem to find any info on ilori. Is he getting any game time with the reserves at the moment, or is he still even at Anfield? I seem to remember their being a rumour of him leaving on loan to get some first team action

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Alan is a waist of space!. To miss a chance like that on derby day is unforgivable!

Rin Tin Tin

YOLO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Alan is a waist of space!. To miss a chance like that on derby day is unforgivable!

Rin Tin Tin

YOLO

Alan who?

deadeye187 wrote: »

Rin Tin Tin

YOLO

Bit unfair when he's not here to defend himself!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Never really liked Alan Carr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement