Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which shotgun

Options
  • 03-09-2013 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey lads

Looking for your opinion on which shotgun to get,if anybody has any experience with these ones it would be greatly appreicated

1. Remington 870
    2. Remington 887 (do like this model)
    3. Benelli supernova
    4. Winchester sxp
    5. Webley & Scott 810

Thanks in advance

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Either of the Remmys :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I have an 870 Magnum and cannot say enough good things about it.

I would go with the 870 over the 887 until the later is shown to be clearly better.

Case in point I love my 700's but would never consider the 770.

Go with the 870, I did, and am surprised that I still only have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

had an 887..

Liked it.. well built never a problem.. The early ones had cycle issues .. I never did..

Sold it for an O/U

Way better

'hdz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

Go for a Remmy ! Doesnt matter which model cos theyre all great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have a remington 870 and it is a great gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

the 870 magnum is a nice gun.Savin up for a gun for clay and vermin i can use for clay but is it hard to use pump action for clay shooting?especially for a beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

1shot16 wrote: »
    the 870 magnum is a nice gun.Savin up for a gun for clay and vermin i can use for clay but is it hard to use pump action for clay shooting?especially for a beginner

Two ways to look at it I suppose. If you know no different you will learn that way I personal don't like pumps the can be slow and sometimes cumbersome. But I know some lads love them. Each to there own

For your first shot gun I'd try fire as many different types as you could.

The 870 is a nice looking gun

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Have only ever used a SxS might go clay shootin and c.I have a bit more savin to do but ill have time to think about what i need,Under and overs would probably be my best option but the 870 is bad ass

The benelli m3 can go from pump to semi auto that would be the job but i wouldnt say they are cheap :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

go for the 870. Cheap, will last forever and theres no end to the stuff you can do with it.

Advertisement