Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Valuation

Options
  • 03-09-2013 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Looking for some help!
    I was wondering is it possible to get land valued without planning permission?
    We are currently in talks with a friend to buy some land from them but neither party knows it's value and we were told by an estate agent that they would not value it without full planning permission.
    Am I wrong in thinking that they could give us an approximate figure without knowing exactly what type of house we will build?

Our plan was to agree a figure with the other party pending full planning permission coming through as they are not interested in applying for the permission themselves.

Any help/advice would be greatly received.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

kb01235 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for some help!
    I was wondering is it possible to get land valued without planning permission?
    We are currently in talks with a friend to buy some land from them but neither party knows it's value and we were told by an estate agent that they would not value it without full planning permission.
    Am I wrong in thinking that they could give us an approximate figure without knowing exactly what type of house we will build?

Our plan was to agree a figure with the other party pending full planning permission coming through as they are not interested in applying for the permission themselves.

Any help/advice would be greatly received.

Thanks!

If the land/site is in a rural area, then it only has agricultural value without planning permission. Wnen/if it has planning permission only then has it got site value for construction purposes.

For approximate values check what similar properties have sold for recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kb01235

Thanks for the reply!
    It is in Dublin in a residential area.
    Can we therefore only base the value on other similar sites? Or would someone be able to run a valuation knowing the plan would be to build on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Ask a few agents what it would be worth with planning for x type house on it and go from there. If there aren't many comparable sites in the area they should be able to do a residual valuation based on other houses which have sold in the area and approximate build costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The residential property price register will show you what properties have been sold at in your area. Just click OK under search on the right side near top of page and then enter the details

Advertisement