Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet in dublin city

• 03-09-2013 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced vet somewhere around the city centre for my cat. I don't drive so it needs to be accessible enough.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Tufty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jjdub1

There's the Animal Welfare Veterinary Clinic Charlemont Street Dublin 2 just before the Barge pub. Not sure what they are like but one of the very few I know of in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Where in Dublin are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

kylith wrote: »
    Where in Dublin are you?

I'm in dublin 7

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tufterween wrote: »
    I'm in dublin 7

Is Inchicore too far? Not sure if you can hop on a bus with the cat in a travel box, but St. Francis' Dispensary is in Inchicore, providing subsidised vet care. I've heard good reports about the vets there, it's a super service:
    http://www.stfrancis.ie/contact.html

Hi DBB
    That one might actually be perfect. I could hop on the Luas out there no problem. Will give them a call today. Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I go to Charlemount street and find them ssuperb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I go to Charlemount street and find them ssuperb!

Yeah they were great with Isabella. Sound folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Anicare are at the Botanical Gardens. They are fantastic. It is only a few minutes from Phibsbough

Does anyone know hat the price is like for the one on charlemont street? I'm quite skint and was planning on going to the cheap one in Inchicore but when I rang up the guy was very short and sharp, not nice and welcoming at all.

Am thinking about forking out an extra little bit to go to the animal welfare clinic simply because they seemed so much nicer in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

was planning on going to the cheap one in Inchicore but when I rang up the guy was very short and sharp, not nice and welcoming at all.

That's upsetting to hear :-(
    I know a couple of their volunteers who are super people, but have no personal experience with the other staff there. I hope it was just that he's having a bad day, but still, not nice :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Artane Roundabout (Malahide Road) would be too far away, would it?

I'm with Amy Lara Vets for ages now, I never had any issues.

Hi DBB. It's unfortunate alright. I have no doubt some f the volunteers there are lovely, and obviously it's unfair of me to tar them all with the same brush.
    I might still head down and see how it goes. If it doesn't match well then I'll know for the next time anyway.

Oh yes, the artane roundabout would be a bit far but appreciate the suggestion Lars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Does anyone know hat the price is like for the one on charlemont street? I'm quite skint and was planning on going to the cheap one in Inchicore but when I rang up the guy was very short and sharp, not nice and welcoming at all.

Am thinking about forking out an extra little bit to go to the animal welfare clinic simply because they seemed so much nicer in there.

I don't know for cats but I pay €60 for a terrier check up and annual injections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

There's Active Vet Care in Cabra, and Cara Vets on the North Circular Road. I don't know what they are like, as I use Anicare Glasnevin but they're certainly convenient locations if you're in Dublin 7.
    If money is tight the Blue Cross are in Smithfield once a week, and they also have a clinic in Cabra on a different day (info is on their website).

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Took her down to st Francis in Inchicore. Receptionist was a bit off putting in person too but the nurse that we saw was lovely.
    Aside from a waiting room full of dogs and being a bit underweight (we'll fix that) everything went great.
    Got a worming tablet and going back next week for her vaccines.
    Thanks DBB, really glad I took your advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

mosi wrote: »
    I don't know what they are like, as I use Anicare Glasnevin but they're certainly convenient locations if you're in Dublin 7.
    Anicare are fantastic, can't rate them highly enough. They have branches in GlasNevin, blanch, santry and clontarf.

Anicare are fantastic, can't rate them highly enough. They have branches in GlasNevin, blanch, santry and clontarf.

Yeah I think my cousin takes her cats to the one in blanch. Has nothing but good things to say about it

Advertisement