Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Pro. F wrote: »
    Hulu (the bollixes) won't let us watch it outside the US. Here it is on youtube:

Hmm weird, I got it on here now (in Cork).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hulu (the bollixes) won't let us watch it outside the US. Here it is on youtube:

That interviewer is absolutely awful, no way could I even last 10 minutes watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ferguson talking about Abraham Lincoln. Two of the three people on my 'dead or alive top dinner guests' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Hmm weird, I got it on here now (in Cork).

Just checked there, it's working for me now too. Maybe they just changed it, it gave me a geo-locked type of message earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nick Powell with an absolute screamer for Wigan in the Europa League:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Powell with a thunderbolt for Wigan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Powell reminds me of Lampard, the problem is he probably needs to be played in Rooney's position to get the best out of him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Powell just needs to play. He is young so i don't think his position needs to be set in stone at this age. Looks like a player who can play develop into a very good attacking midfielder, a forward or even a deeper midfield player but the decision on where he will play doesn't need to be made yet, once he is playing games he will improve.

Good to see loan moves working out at this early stage with Powell and Lingard (Macheda as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Powell reminds me of Lampard, the problem is he probably needs to be played in Rooney's position to get the best out of him.

He looks like he has all the skills to play deeper in central midfield imo. Plenty of room for him back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nice second from Powell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice second from Powell :)

The Messi of the Europa League

Good to see four United lads in the England under 21s, also good to hear Ravel is in as well, one player United genuinely helped by letting him go. Hopefully Keane gets a good loan move soon like Powell and Lingard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,402 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

very happy with how Will Keane has looked for the reserves - still fear the year and a bit out will have hit his development too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Nick Powell seems like a really sound, genuine fella - just interviewed after the wigan win

He looks like he has all the skills to play deeper in central midfield imo. Plenty of room for him back there.

Yeah actually he could well do the Scholes role beside a midfield general type of player. I know everyone hates him being brought up, but Pogba and Powell could have been some combination :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Delighted for Powell he has had a few injuries. He seems to be forgotten when we talk about our top young talents. Could really see him turning into a very good player.

Tune into 3E now for Wigan if you haven't seen goals already.

EDIT: Over now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Powell's second goal

powelll.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just watched him on Charlie Rose. Good to see him looking healthy and content. Fascinating interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Good to see Powell doing well at Wigan .
    Been playing up top though , I'd rather him up top than in CM tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Good to see Powell doing at Wigan .
    Been playing up top though , I'd rather him up top than in CM tbh .

He was the striker tonight with Jordi Gomez behind him. Both Wigans strikers are injured so they didn't have much choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

What position was Powell playing, was he in the am role?

Manchester United target Ander Herrera, 24, is set to remain with Athletic Bilbao after club president Josu Urrutia ruled out selling the 24-year-old midfielder.

Full story: Daily Express
    Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa, 24, will be allowed to rejoin Borussia Dortmund in January in a swap deal which will see 24-year-old defender Neven Subotic move to Old Trafford.

Full story: Daily Star

Some goss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Subotic
    neven-subotic-2012-1-23-12-40-2.jpg

Would be class having Loki in the team

Loki-The-Avengers-loki-thor-2011-30960359-1100-1291.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I know it's bull****, but...

I'd settle for **** all other than Hummels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah, he can tackle, pass (not sure about his long range passing) and one good attribute that our CM lacks is he has a great engine. I mean he makes the forward runs and also can dribble which always open up the defense.

Would love to see him playing as a CM and making those forward runs, would be perfect fit for us.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah, he can tackle, pass (not sure about his long range passing) and one good attribute that our CM lacks is he has a great engine. I mean he makes the forward runs and also can dribble which always open up the defense.

Would love to see him playing as a CM and making those forward runs, would be perfect fit for us.

We have that player called Anderson. Pity he can't perform consistently to how good he can be. This is not a Anderson could come good because i have given up just what a waste of talent. We have the player we need at the club but it won't work out.

Fenix wrote: »
    I know it's bull****, but...

I'd settle for **** all other than Hummels.

You wouldn't settle for Gundogan or Reus seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What position was Powell playing, was he in the am role?

He played as a lead striker with Jordi Gomez play AM role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Looks like Zaha could be going on loan in January

such stupidity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Headshot wrote: »

such stupidity

I can see what the club are planning. Let him out on loan for a while, hope his value drops to between £3-5 mill then sell him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

A lot of people here seem to forget that scholes played as a forward for the early part of his career before moving back into a deeper role. It won't do Powell any harm to be getting games as a forward.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

such stupidity

Tbh he's never looked great to me. He had a decent preseason. No better than Lingard or Janz. He needed to kick on from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,662 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lordgoat wrote: »
    Tbh he's never looked great to me. He had a decent preseason. No better than Lingard or Janz. He needed to kick on from that

I think your harsh on him, he's also one of the best players in the England u21's too. I had my doubts about him to but is u21 appearances have been superb

Im not against a loan per say but it should of been done in summer but I rather give him a chance than seeing Val playing every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think your harsh on him, he's also one of the best players in the England u21's too. I had my doubts about him to but is u21 appearances have been superb

Im not against a loan per say but it should of been done in summer but I rather give him a chance than seeing Val playing every game

We dont know whats happening behind closed doors tbh.

I don't think he comes ahead of Janners, Valencia or Nani, so gametime iwll be limited. But the boy is in his best learning years, so you want him playing games.

Loan term won't be a bad idea to be fair, better then sitting in the reserves.

Typical UK media explosion labelling him the next best thing, if he was as good as the UK media think, he would be playing.

He's raw and direct, has a serious amount to learn, and there is no rush to get him in.

We've a pretty good track record developing and managing young prospects, and Moyes especially. I'll trust in the club and manager to know how best to develop the young talent.

Feck off with your Subotic.

Feck off with your Subotic.

You don't rate Subotic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Guys, I can't give a source on this, so you are absolutely free to believe or to ignore it. But I trust who I was told by.

I was told that Moyes couldn't figure out why Zaha was signed, that he didn't think he was anywhere near good enough to be in contention, that he had issues with his attitude, and also that Phil Neville had quite a big altercation with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So in short, Moyes doesn't like him because he's slamming his daughter. ;)

You don't rate Subotic?

I do, but Kagawa out and Subotic in is hardly improving our team. We've got Vidic, Rio, Smalling and Evans, could say Jones as well to play CB. If he's seen as Rio's replacement, then buy him, don't give away Kagawa.

• Advertisement

I do, but Kagawa out and Subotic in is hardly improving our team. We've got Vidic, Rio, Smalling and Evans, could say Jones as well to play CB. If he's seen as Rio's replacement, then buy him, don't give away Kagawa.

We might not have too much of a choice in Kagawa leaving the way it's going. If we were going down a swap route i would prefer Gundogan.

Subotic would be an improvement on all our CBs apart from Vidic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Moyes Out.
    The banners will be draped from the Stret by Christmas.
    Cant believe he sees nothing in Kagawa. No league goal from play since the opening day of the season and no creativity or pace in the side any more. RVP must be getting sick every day.
    Zaha sent to train and play with the reserves and will be loaned out - yet Valencia is well over the top and nothing to offer, no pace, nothing anymore. Have a feeling the Zaha rumours are true.
    And this isnt to add in the disgraceful transfer day saga - ended up with Feillaini for 4m more than he could have been bought for. Dont subscibe to the crap that Moyes inherited a team and it wasnt his team - he had 3 months to get involved, get a list of players he wnated to get the board to go after them. Yet everything was done on the last day and it was an embarassing shambles.
    And dont give me this crap that ferguson got 3 years - what ferguson took over and Moyes took over were two totally different things.
    A mediocre manager that achived NOTHING with his previous club.
    MOYES OUT.

kstand wrote: »
    Moyes Out.
    Cant believe he sees nothing in Kagawa. No league goal from play since the opening day of the season and no creativity or pace in the side any more. RVP must be getting sick every day.
    Zaha sent to train and play with the reserves and will be loaned out - yet Valencia is well over the top and nothing to offer, no pace, nothing anymore. Have a feeling the Zaha rumours are true.
    And this isnt to add in the disgraceful transfer day saga - ended up with Feillaini for 4m more than he could have been bought for. Dont subscibe to the crap that Moyes inherited a team and it wasnt his team - he had 3 months to get involved, get a list of players he wnated to get the board to go after them. Yet everything was done on the last day and it was an embarassing shambles.
    And dont give me this crap that ferguson got 3 years - what ferguson took over and Moyes took over were two totally different things.
    MOYES OUT.

Stopped reading there

Grow up ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Moyes Out.
    MOYES OUT.

Step away from the computer

XqOJ79O.gif

We might not have too much of a choice in Kagawa leaving the way it's going. If we were going down a swap route i would prefer Gundogan.

Subotic would be an improvement on all our CBs apart from Vidic imo.

Not a hope will Dortmund part with Gundogan, they already have a replacement bought for Subotic in Sokratis. That's how they operate.

I wouldn't trust the club in replacing Kagawa, if he goes we're back to having Young/Welbeck/Nani and Valencia as our options. No where near good enough to challenge in Europe.

Our best 11 is

DDG
    Raf Rio/Smalling Vidic Evra
    Carrick Fellaini
    Nani Rooney Kagawa
    RVP

IMO, and I could be mistaken but I don't think we've seen that lineup yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rantT.

To quote the great one.

Who in the blue hell are you?

lordgoat wrote: »
    To quote the great one.

Who in the blue hell are you?

Are you saying that as someone who is actually someone?

I lived in Manchester for 4 years. I am a former season ticket holder up to 4 years ago. I go to away games every season anywhere around London even out to Reading and Southampton, not to talk of European away trips.

Mark my words - the banners will be hanging in the Stret by Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Are you saying that as someone who is actually someone?

I lived in Manchester for 4 years. I am a former season ticket holder up to 4 years ago. I go to away games every season anywhere around London even out to Reading and Southampton, not to talk of European away trips.

To quote a Stretty season ticket holder I know from going to games
    He's 8 games in to a 6 year deal! Deal with it or support another f*cking team!

I hate this modern football fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

want to put money on that?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    To quote a Stretty season ticket holder I know from going to games

I hate this modern football fan

Typical head in the sand crap then. How far behind does the club have to fall before everyone realises a mistake has been made?
    He was the wrong option from day one - its being borne out already.
    I'll give him credit for holiding on to Rooney, but thats about all so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement