Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    :confused:

Arsenal have a better midfield and defensive line. That's what I've been discussing.

Now care to discuss it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Kagawa as a CM?

Yeah he could of actually but a little further up the pitch leaving Carrick to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,207 ✭✭✭✭JRant

adox wrote: »
    Who else would you play there today then, considering you wanted Jones ar CB?

Kagawa surely.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gosplan wrote: »
    Arsenal have a better midfield and defensive line. That's what I've been discussing.

Now care to discuss it?

So you said Vidic and Rooney won't get in to Arsenal team and when I posted same you said as if you never said that. Sigh. I'm done.

Edit: So you said only 2 players get into Arsenal team or not? I'm glad at least you didn't come up with Arsenal have better too and also Giroud is better than RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Now care to discuss it?

I see you now realise what a utter supid comment you made and now trying to make it sound like something else

oh dear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Never said that.

Rooney, RVP, DDG, Vidic nailed on. Arguments to be had about others.

What's laughable is how no-one can stick to the point at hand without resorting to 'lol' or 'it's laughable'.

Read my original posts, read what I said. It is correct.
    Man U take it on GK and CF.

Arsensl take the rest of the pitch,

Danye wrote: »
    Yeah he could of actually but a little further up the pitch leaving Carrick to sit.

Agree fully, he is in every aspect a much better player than Cleverly.
    Technique-Kagawa
    Skill-Kagawa
    Passing-Kagawa
    Ability to beat a player-Kagawa
    Goal scoring-Kagawa
    No brainer really.

JRant wrote: »
    Kagawa surely.

No not a CM. Unless you want the team to play with one CM?:confused:

So you said Vidic and Rooney won't get in to Arsenal team and when I posted same you said as if you never said that. Sigh. I'm done.

Where????

Of course you'd start Rooney and RVP up top. There's no-one in the entire league that would keep them out.

I said Utd have better strikers and GKs whereas Arsenal have a better midfield and defence?

Sorry for the confusion. I never ever said Vidic or Rooney wouldn't make the Arsenal team. That was incorrectly inferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lol at the stats from the last 12 months backing it up.

Show me these stats. With links.

• Advertisement

No need to be confused, I've outlined why I think playing him ahead of Cleverly is a better option. It's not like were dropping Keano to fit Kags in. Everything Cleverly does Kags can do to a much higher standard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No need to be confused, I've outlined why I think playing him ahead of Cleverly is a better option. It's not like were dropping Keano to fit Kags in. Everything Cleverly does Kags can do to a much higher standard.

Except for play as a central midfielder

If Januzaj doesn't sign extension after getting many mins, will people blame Moyes for him leaving?

I mean some already blamed Moyes for the injuries in training (which can happen any time) so if Januzaj signs pre contract with any team is that a Moyes mistake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Kagawa at centre mid is not going to work at all. Its the same playing Rooney as CM.

I see you now realise what a utter supid comment you made and now trying to make it sound like something else

oh dear

Not at all. I'm not backing down or changing my argument in any way. If I was taken up incorrectly, then maybe I could have been clearer.

My understanding was based in the previous posts to mine that said 'Arsenal have a better midfield'. I was basically saying it's midfield and defence.

If you read what I said, you'll see I'm only ever talking about the players as an effective unit and never picking one from each team.

If that's cleared up, I'd prefer you stopped trying to label or belittle me. I'm not putting words in your mouth buddy. Show some respect.

If Januzaj doesn't sign extension after getting many mins, will people blame Moyes for him leaving?

I mean some already blamed Moyes for the injuries in training (which can happen any time) so if Januzaj signs pre contract with any team is that a Moyes mistake?

a couple may try but moyes is clearly doing all he can for Januzaj. He sees something there and has the confidence to back him. Hopefully he can rise to the challenge. We dont have many players anymore who will actually run at the opposition but this kid does that.

Agree fully, he is in every aspect a much better player than Cleverly.
    Technique-Kagawa
    Skill-Kagawa
    Passing-Kagawa
    Ability to beat a player-Kagawa
    Goal scoring-Kagawa
    No brainer really.

Ability to play as a CM - Cleverley, that matters most than any.

Want do you want? Two holding central midfielders?

We're already far to rigid in our tactics and formation.

Cleverly doesn't bring anything to the game to warrant a starting spot in the first 11. Watch him tonight and see what you think?

Sure why not play RVP there? Kagawa isn't a CM. Only playing one CM would be stupid IMO

a couple may try but moyes is clearly doing all he can for Januzaj. He sees something there and has the confidence to back him. Hopefully he can rise to the challenge. We dont have many players anymore who will actually run at the opposition but this kid does that.

It's also refreshing to see Moyes trusting some youth player so early in his career. He is not afraid to throw 18 year old into the deep end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

He is getting plenty of game time for a player of his age, he is at the biggest club in the world. I doubt he expects to be starting every game. He is on the bench most games. This shows the manager rates him and sees a future for him at the club if he performs. He couldnt be in a better position IMO. If he doesnt sign it will be purely for money reasons and will be sad to see. but again, id rather not see Utd being held to random by a kid who has done nothing to deserve it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cleverley

It's also refreshing to see Moyes trusting some youth player so early in his career. He is not afraid to throw 18 year old into the deep end.

yeah its good to see and hope it works out

Want do you want? Two holding central midfielders?

We're already far to rigid in our tactics and formation.

Cleverly doesn't bring anything to the game to warrant a starting spot in the first 11. Watch him tonight and see what you think?

What I want is at least two CM played in the starting eleven. Sure why not play no CM? Drop Carrick and we get all the forward players in the team, so that will sort everything out.

I don't need to watch him tonight to see what he offers. I've seen him play for the last few seasons.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just on the above discussion. Playing Shinji as CM is nearly as awful a decision as playing him as a LW/LM. Trust me, I've seen plenty of it when he plays for the national team there in the past and it has me near yelling at the TV every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Apart from actually being able to play in the centre of midfield. This isn't FIFA. If you play with only Carrick having any defensive ability in midfield then you're left with a completely open midfield and even Sunderland can could find a way through multiple times. Kagawa cannot play as part of a midfield 2.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just on the above discussion. Playing Shinji as CM is nearly as awful a decision as playing him as a LW/LM. Trust me, I've seen plenty of it when he plays for the national team there in the past and it has me near yelling at the TV every time.

Been saying it in here for a while. He should only be played behind the front. Sadly for him Rooney has that spot locked up. Even with RVP injured we may see Chicho up front with Rooney behind. I dont think Kag is going to get the chance

What I want is at least two CM played in the starting eleven. Sure why not play no CM? Drop Carrick and we get all the forward players in the team, so that will sort everything out.

I don't need to watch him tonight to see what he offers. I've seen him play for the last few seasons.

That's such a stupid post.

Sure why not play RVP there? Kagawa isn't a CM. Only playing one CM would be stupid IMO

But we wouldn't be playing only one CM though. We could try Kags out in that position, have him push a little further up the field when we have the ball and drop back when we lose it. It could work but we'll never know if we don't try.
    One thing I'm fairly sure of is that Cleverly is nothing more than a decent squad player and will struggle in a 2 man midfield today. So why not try Kags out, it's Sunderland were playing today not Barça.

• Advertisement

That's such a stupid post.

Well that told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Given our recent results and performances, I don't think now would be the most appropriate time for Moyes to start experimenting with the CM.

Why do people think by playing him CM means that he has to go box to box or that he HAS to sit in the centre of the park???

We've been so poor and rigid going forward at times playing Kagawa in midfield but pushing up closer up behind the front 2 would be decent.

We should dominate the ball tonight so were going to need players who can create. Kagawa can create. Play him.

Well that told me.

Good. No more stupid posts now. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

We remoulded Alan Smith into a CM, why not try with Kags :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Not at all. I'm not backing down or changing my argument in any way. If I was taken up incorrectly, then maybe I could have been clearer.

My understanding was based in the previous posts to mine that said 'Arsenal have a better midfield'. I was basically saying it's midfield and defence.

If you read what I said, you'll see I'm only ever talking about the players as an effective unit and never picking one from each team.

If that's cleared up, I'd prefer you stopped trying to label or belittle me. I'm not putting words in your mouth buddy. Show some respect.

That's fair enough. It was an easy confusion for both sides.

• Advertisement

Why do people think by playing him CM means that he has to go box to box or that he HAS to sit in the centre of the park???

We've been so poor and rigid going forward at times playing Kagawa in midfield but pushing up closer up behind the front 2 would be decent.

We should dominate the ball tonight so were going to need players who can create. Kagawa can create. Play him.

His natural game is to be off the front. He will naturally drift into that position. With Carrick sat in front of the back 4 it leaves a huge gap for Sunderland to play into.

Its not workable. Thats it

Edit: So you said only 2 players get into Arsenal team or not? I'm glad at least you didn't come up with Arsenal have better too and also Giroud is better than RVP.

No I didn't, you inferred that. And it wasn't that obvious to take it the way you did because not everyone took it that way.

If I blatantly said Rooney wouldn't make the Arsenal team, I'd be rightly laughed out of here rather than people debating my on the defensive comparisons. No-one thought to bring that up till you did.

Maybe I could have been clearer in what I said but at the same time, I don't think too many people took you interpretation if it or it would have come up before now.

Good. No more stupid posts now. Good man.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

What did I just tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

How would we dominate the ball if you're playing Kagawa up the pitch literally leaving Carrick as the only man in the middle? A successful team needs balance, playing that would be the complete opposite of balance; especially against Sunderland's 3 man midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lots of debate about positions but its great to see Young and Valenica dropped. I think Moyes is getting closer to knowing what his starting eleven is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hope to Utd go at Sunderland this eve and not be sitting back waiting for things to happen

His natural game is to be off the front. He will naturally drift into that position. With Carrick sat in front of the back 4 it leaves a huge gap for Sunderland to play into.

If we were working as a unit there wouldn't be.

Too much caution be used here. We need a big performance and result against a Sunderland team struggling.

Whereas Cleverley runs around alot mostly passing sideways or backwards. Thereby leaving the front men rather isolated.

OT:
    I've sent you a PM Danye. If you've got a problem with me then take it there rather than all these stupid little sound bites. I ****ing hate it when others are at it and have to read it so I'm sure there's many here that don't want to read it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cool it down

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Been saying it in here for a while. He should only be played behind the front. Sadly for him Rooney has that spot locked up. Even with RVP injured we may see Chicho up front with Rooney behind. I dont think Kag is going to get the chance

Aye, it should be Shinji playing behind RVP or Hernandez, but in the form Rooney is in at present, it's hard to drop him. There were plenty of times he should have been dropped over the past year and a bit though. I don't get what your scouting and Fergie thought when buying him. Perhaps Fergie was hoping to sell Rooney to a foreign club a couple of summers ago? Who knows. Then there's the manner of how Moyes sets up his teams.

There really isn't much difference between Shinji, Mata, Silva and Ozil for me. They're all in the top category of CAM's around. Yet two of them are just wasting away. If I'm honest, I don't see him returning to Dortmund despite me joking around on occasion, at least not for a few years at the very earliest, but I hope he gets his move (putting aside my Liverpool-ness.. small part of me wants him tale the EPL by storm like I know he can to shut the haters the **** up) to a club where the management will appreciate him. Japanese people are quite stubborn however and that might see him stay for another season after this year.

How would we dominate the ball if you're playing Kagawa up the pitch literally leaving Carrick as the only man in the middle? A successful team needs balance, playing that would be the complete opposite of balance; especially against Sunderland's 3 man midfield.

Because we would have far superior players who are technically better in control of the ball regardless of where theyre playing. How do other teams play a diamond formation and control the ball? Playing a player in beside Carrick sitting there is counter productive. Let the player beside him push on and leave Carrick to drop and get the ball.

Playing Kagawa higher up means that it frees up space for Carrick. Kagawa further up and the two wingers would help keep Sunderlands 3 midfielders pressed back.

Aye, it should be Shinji playing behind RVP or Hernandez, but in the form Rooney is in at present, it's hard to drop him. There were plenty of times he should have been dropped over the past year and a bit though. I don't get what your scouting and Fergie thought when buying him. Perhaps Fergie was hoping to sell Rooney to a foreign club a couple of summers ago? Who knows. Then there's the manner of how Moyes sets up his teams.

There really isn't much difference between Shinji, Mata, Silva and Ozil for me. They're all in the top category of CAM's around. Yet two of them are just wasting away. If I'm honest, I don't see him returning to Dortmund despite me joking around on occasion, at least not for a few years at the very earliest, but I hope he gets his move (putting aside my Liverpool-ness.. small part of me wants him tale the EPL by storm like I know he can to shut the haters the **** up) to a club where the management will appreciate him. Japanese people are quite stubborn however and that might see him stay for another season after this year.

For me those types of players arent as suited to the English games and the way their own teams and opposition set up.

You cant have him back though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My heart goes out to Kag, he deserves so much better than what he's getting
    Same with chico

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement