Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

adox wrote: »
    OT:
    I've sent you a PM Danye. If you've got a problem with me then take it there rather than all these stupid little sound bites. I ****ing hate it when others are at it and have to read it so I'm sure there's many here that don't want to read it.

I've PMed you back.

If you didn't post such nonsense as not playing a midfield I wouldn't need to use "sound bites" even though its written??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

This is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,207 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Aye, it should be Shinji playing behind RVP or Hernandez, but in the form Rooney is in at present, it's hard to drop him. There were plenty of times he should have been dropped over the past year and a bit though. I don't get what your scouting and Fergie thought when buying him. Perhaps Fergie was hoping to sell Rooney to a foreign club a couple of summers ago? Who knows. Then there's the manner of how Moyes sets up his teams.

There really isn't much difference between Shinji, Mata, Silva and Ozil for me. They're all in the top category of CAM's around. Yet two of them are just wasting away. If I'm honest, I don't see him returning to Dortmund despite me joking around on occasion, at least not for a few years at the very earliest, but I hope he gets his move (putting aside my Liverpool-ness.. small part of me wants him tale the EPL by storm like I know he can to shut the haters the **** up) to a club where the management will appreciate him. Japanese people are quite stubborn however and that might see him stay for another season after this year.

If we've no intentions of using him then the decent thing to do would be to let him leave. He's far to good to be riding the pine c

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Danye wrote: »
    I've PMed you back.

If you didn't post such nonsense as not playing a midfield I wouldn't need to use "sound bites" even though its written??

Dude give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,207 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Lots of debate about positions but its great to see Young and Valenica dropped. I think Moyes is getting closer to knowing what his starting eleven is.

Slowly but surely he's finding his way. That's all we can really ask for so early into his appointment.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Dude give it a rest.

Give what a rest???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Conceding a goal in the first 5 mins

tumblr_mbwe51UEpu1rxaie3.gif

I guess we are doing this the hard way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Conceding a goal in the first 5 mins

tumblr_mbwe51UEpu1rxaie3.gif

I guess we are doing this the hard way

We're in transition -_-

We're in transition -_-

Where was the support for Nani there??? FFS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gosplan wrote: »
    Not at all. I'm not backing down or changing my argument in any way. If I was taken up incorrectly, then maybe I could have been clearer.

My understanding was based in the previous posts to mine that said 'Arsenal have a better midfield'. I was basically saying it's midfield and defence.

If you read what I said, you'll see I'm only ever talking about the players as an effective unit and never picking one from each team.

If that's cleared up, I'd prefer you stopped trying to label or belittle me. I'm not putting words in your mouth buddy. Show some respect.

Where am i not respecting you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ezequiel Garay has been really good for Benfica this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,474 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lose this and we're in serious trouble. Hard to know how to solve the problems we have. I'd hate United to turn into a knee jerk reaction club, but how many games can we realistically afford to lose? I'm starting to think the players have no confidence in Moyes. Horrible situation but the manager has to take the blame here. We can't afford to lose out on the champions league which we will do if we continue like this.

Glazers Out!

Danye wrote: »
    Give what a rest???

Ok I'll bite.

I think its a stupid idea to play only one CM in a team as you suggested and asked sure why not play no natural midfielders then and only play attacking players? Can you understand that?

Playing one CM is stupid IMO. Your three or four posts after in response to me added nothing to discussing Man Utd and were lazy and childish.

Now respond away to this if you want but I'm done with you on this subject and won't be getting dragged in to your BS again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Aye, it should be Shinji playing behind RVP or Hernandez, but in the form Rooney is in at present, it's hard to drop him. There were plenty of times he should have been dropped over the past year and a bit though. I don't get what your scouting and Fergie thought when buying him. Perhaps Fergie was hoping to sell Rooney to a foreign club a couple of summers ago? Who knows. Then there's the manner of how Moyes sets up his teams.

There really isn't much difference between Shinji, Mata, Silva and Ozil for me. They're all in the top category of CAM's around. Yet two of them are just wasting away. If I'm honest, I don't see him returning to Dortmund despite me joking around on occasion, at least not for a few years at the very earliest, but I hope he gets his move (putting aside my Liverpool-ness.. small part of me wants him tale the EPL by storm like I know he can to shut the haters the **** up) to a club where the management will appreciate him. Japanese people are quite stubborn however and that might see him stay for another season after this year.

I believe the idea was for Kagawa in behind Rooney as the main striker, but then RVP became a possibility and we understandably dropped everything and took him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I was all for giving Moyes time but if this match stays the way it is I really don't know anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Signing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,474 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I was all for giving Moyes time but if this match stays the way it is I really don't know anymore

Crap situation we look a shambles right now. Title defence is pretty much over already and top four doesn't look realistic. Moyes could get away with this nonsense at Everton and rally at the end of the season, United cannot afford this crap.

Glazers Out!

This is a joke!

What a save

Sunderland are playing great football. It's a joy to see all the same.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Crap situation we look a shambles right now. Title defence is pretty much over already and top four doesn't look realistic. Moyes could get away with this nonsense at Everton and rally at the end of the season, United cannot afford this crap.

Moyes would have had a better start to the league if he stayed at Everton, it shows how deep the rot is at United and how the Fergie factor was a curtain for it.

There's a load of people on this thread that think nani is a great player. That's as baffling as all these performances (and the people who think moyes is the right man for the job)

I could pass better than that lot.

There's a load of people on this thread that think nani is a great player. That's as baffling as all these performances (and the people who think moyes is the right man for the job)

I find this strange also. Not so long ago he was being battered for being poor. Maybe now when compared with everyone else he has become the 2nd or 3rd best player.

Replace him with?

Every game we give away the ball that must ne our new tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moyes would have had a better start to the league if he stayed at Everton, it shows how deep the rot is at United and how the Fergie factor was a curtain for it.
    Is that an excuse for Moyes I hear? So many.

Replace him with?

If only it was that easy. I believe he is talented but his confidence is at an all time low. I'm getting tired of his terrible corners and his accurate attempts at goal (accurate insofar as he consistently hits row Z).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, if we don't win, or at least draw, can we start panicking yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Moyes more often than not started seasons poor at Everton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Unearthly wrote: »
    Moyes more often than not started seasons poor at Everton

That true they would be pure muck,and then after Xmas they make a burst when it was too late.

No. Moyes needs time. He needs patience. But really he just needs to be sacked and the club to admit that they made a terrible mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Neeson wrote: »
    Sunderland are playing great football. It's a joy to see all the same.

And we are letting them.

Ok I'll bite.

I think its a stupid idea to play only one CM in a team as you suggested and asked sure why not play no natural midfielders then and only play attacking players? Can you understand that?

Playing one CM is stupid IMO. Your three or four posts after in response to me added nothing to discussing Man Utd and were lazy and childish.

Now respond away to this if you want but I'm done with you on this subject and won't be getting dragged in to your BS again.

Good man.

Well if you think it's stupid to play only 1 CM why suggest playing none??

My responses were in direct response to the nonsense you replied back with.

Look at my other discussions with other posters about the midfield. I went into detail to explain my thinking about playing Kagawa in midfield but further up the pitch. Nothing lazy or childish about anything like that.

I don't think your done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Despite the absolute shambles this has been, I have faith we can turn it around.

Moyes should give up and realise hes out of his depth.

If only it was that easy. I believe he is talented but his confidence is at an all time low. I'm getting tired of his terrible corners and his accurate attempts at goal (accurate insofar as he consistently hits row Z).

Who is better though

lets face it

Need a stroke of luck to get the team going again,cant see them getting back into it if they don't pick up the pace a bit.

Slow build up play is killing the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yes.

8 points behind Arsenal with them playing a game less

6 points behind spurs with them playing a game less

6 behind City

4 behind chelsea and they have a game in hand.

And worse of all 9 behind Liverpool.

Combine that with how poor the performances are and how unlikely its looking at changing any time soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Need a stroke of luck to get the team going again,cant see them getting back into it if they don't pick up the pace a bit.

Slow build up play is killing the team.

Crossing has been very poor too.

Jamie is loving this

Even schmeichel knows that nani is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Fellaini injured lads?

Gringo180 wrote: »

Don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Gringo180 wrote: »

Wrist injury, probably from the weight of the shampoo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jamie is loving this

Don't blame him. Atrocious play from United. It's actually getting worse. There is no heart there today. Half arsed challenges from most of them. Hoofing balls into the box when we have 2 technically gifted players in there.

4-3-1-2. Diamond. Kagawa on for Cleverly and play just behind Rooney and Van Persie. Batter them through the centre because we are hopeless out wide.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't blame him. Atrocious play from United. It's actually getting worse. There is no heart there today. Half arsed challenges from most of them. Hoofing balls into the box when we have 2 technically gifted players in there.

4-3-1-2. Diamond. Kagawa on for Cleverly and play just behind Rooney and Van Persie. Batter them through the centre because we are hopeless out wide.

Bang on.

Bizzare how Vidic has replicated the exact same mistake in less than a week and cost Utd two goals.

Fair amount of possession but it's been really poor. Look so vulnerable defensively. The tempo of Utd play when in possession is just way too slow.

Adnan the only real bright spark, taking on his defender and giving Sunderland something different to think about. Sure, he will give up possession now and then but let him at it.

Still think Utd will turn it around.

Adnan has been very good

A lot of United supporters were hoping for us to win the 5 games, starting at West Brom, to make up for our poor start to the season. We're halfway into the second game of this supposed run with a loss in the first and now losing 1-0 and being outplayed by Sunderland and I'm sure some of the United players are seeing maroon and blue stripes on those jerseys with the way they're pressing.

It's just not good enough. Fergie returning until next summer when someone like Klopp could be offered the job is looking appealing, while the United job is still one of the biggest in football, which if Moyes stays in it it could well lose it's reputation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement