Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sack him.

He's taken a team who won the league the last season and amassed 89 points, who also had faults admittedly, to being dicked around by West Brom at home and currently by the the bottom team in the league and now in huge danger of missing out on the top four.

He needs to go. Feck this "Give him time" nonsense. It's clear to see he's not up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Adnan has been very good
    As an individual maybe, as a team player not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ah we started the 2nd half ****e again.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Its like those aliens from space jam have gotten into OT and taken all the players skills because from what I can see we have completely gone to ****e.

Bout ****ing time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mod

match thread please tallaghtmick?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A serious question that I ask regardless of the game today.

What does Moyes bring to the team as manager?

I don't want snipes about getting behind the manager or attacking me as a fan. I'm not looking for answers which asks for faith based on faith shown by others (i.e. "Fergie picked him so we have to trust him"). I am asking for people to provide me a list or a detailed description of what Moyes offers to the club right now. And in many ways, I'm asking so that people who are loving United's struggles need answers and I'm struggling to give them.

Cause tactically, I think he's been nearing a disaster, public relations wise, he's been causing embarrassment, transfer wise, he didn't do anything. What are the strengths of David Moyes as a manager that people believe he'll turn things round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sack him.

He's taken a team who won the league the last season and amassed 89 points, who also had faults admittedly, to being dicked around by West Brom at home and currently by the the bottom team in the league and now in huge danger of missing out on the top four.

He needs to go. Feck this "Give him time" nonsense. It's clear to see he's not up to it.

After 7 games?

Jaysus, I thought Liverpool and Newcastle fans were kneejerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CSF wrote: »
    As an individual maybe, as a team player not at all.

And your wrong

Mars Bar wrote: »
    mod

match thread please tallaghtmick?

Im sorry but just tallaghtmick? You cant be serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Give Januzaj the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sack him.

And who would we bring in eh?

Take a look at our team. Fergie is a wizard to have achieved what he has. Everyone is also a year older and the team is stale. It's going to take 2 seasons no matter who is in charge. Not much happened this summer for whatever reason but I'm putting it down to a "bedding" in period for the new coaching/managerial ticket along with our new chief exec.

We have a lot of players who have at most 2 seasons left as 1st team regulars and are in decline. It's unfortunate that things haven't been going well on the pitch.

We have a fantastic goal keeper and fantastic forwards. Rafael is just back from injury and everyone else at the back is either young and developing our getting old. Midfield is something Moyes has pinpointed for improving. Carrick is very good but not to be relied upon and Cleverley and Anderson are decent back-ups. Fellaini adds something different but we need more and Moyes will bring in more. Patience is a virtue for a reason!

Moyes has also encouraged youth in playing AJ, and he's doing rather well today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tony Pulis is looking for a job :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Im sorry but just tallaghtmick? You cant be serious.

mod
    ...and everyone else who is just giving a little snippet of the game in a ticker style.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    mod
    ...and everyone else who is just giving a little snippet of the game in a ticker style.

Thank you :) Im such a awkward cnut :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If this kid the contact he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Such a beautiful goal.

idemTa35Wie24.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is that code for give this kid the contract he wants?. :pac:

Such a beautiful goal.

idemTa35Wie24.gif

Stick it in the match thread as well if you haven't already. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

wise words Yoda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

It's scary that we could lose him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Where am i not respecting you?

That'd be the bit where you reframed some arguments of mine and said something along the lines of 'oh dear'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

It's scary that we could lose him.

:pac:

Stuart Rowson ‏@StuartRowson 51s
    The day before Januzaj was born on Sunday, February 5, 1995, a 21-year-old Ryan Giggs played his 183rd game for #MUFC in 1-0 win over #AVFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

What's with moyes always using all 3 of his subs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A lot of United supporters were hoping for us to win the 5 games, starting at West Brom, to make up for our poor start to the season. We're halfway into the second game of this supposed run with a loss in the first and now losing 1-0 and being outplayed by Sunderland and I'm sure some of the United players are seeing maroon and blue stripes on those jerseys with the way they're pressing.

It's just not good enough. Fergie returning until next summer when someone like Klopp could be offered the job is looking appealing, while the United job is still one of the biggest in football, which if Moyes stays in it it could well lose it's reputation.

It's not Moyes, it's losing Fergie. Bringing him back will just postpone the transition which would be dumb given it's begun.

Anyone else think it's no coincidence that Utd's best player is the one that didn't play under Fergie.

It doesn't matter who Moyes is or what he says. No one at Utd wanted to play for him when they went to the club and it's going to take time to motivate them.

They just look at him and think 'you're not Fergie'

• Advertisement

Last one was forced and I can understand the other two, although I would have brought on Welbeck and Kags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The save from DDG in the first half was vital, cracking save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well... 3 points. Two moments of brilliance from Jan bailed us out.

Now to see what Moyes comes out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

WE WON A GAME!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well done to David Moyes for having the balls to start Januzaj on a day he needed to win.

Now David. I dare you drop him.

• Advertisement

Yeay! Top half of the table.

Dawson_Crying.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He doesn't always use all three, pay attention.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well done to David Moyes for having the balls to start Januzaj on a day he needed to win.

Now David. I dare you drop him.

Had the balls to play Januzaj but was afraid to take off Rooney, who was absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

No. Moyes needs time. He needs patience. But really he just needs to be sacked and the club to admit that they made a terrible mistake.
    Moyes should give up and realise hes out of his depth.
    Sack him.

Whoah lads, relaaaax a little...
    If ye pull your toes up, your knees might stop jerking... :)

In fairness putting Danny and Tony V on where good moves.

In fairness putting Danny and Tony V on where good moves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

International break grrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

good to get the win, good to see adnan but apart from that nothing great. Sunderland were horrible in the 2nd half. one step at a time I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

We are top half of the league, I say we're top half of the league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Well... 3 points. Two moments of brilliance from Jan bailed us out.

Now to see what Moyes comes out with.

Funny it's moment of brilliance when United score but not Vidic/Jones **** up when we conceded.

Moyes is in lose lose position with few tbh. No matter what he does he will get **** from few.

He was ballsy to start 18 year old when he couldn't buy a win and he won the game for us. That's a brilliant decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Europa qualification is back on.

Seriously though, it was about getting the 3 points and getting the season back on track. There's still a lot of work to be done and a lot of players need to turn up this season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had the balls to play Januzaj but was afraid to take off Rooney, who was absolutely awful.

In fairness, Van Persie and Rooney were given no service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Yeah, see can he hang on to him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Funny it's moment of brilliance when United score but not Vidic/Jones **** up when we conceded.

Moyes is in lose lose position with few tbh. No matter what he does he will get **** from few.

He was ballsy to start 18 year old when he couldn't buy a win and he won the game for us. That's a brilliant decision.

Obviously tore a page out of The Big Book of Management by Davy Fitzgerald

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutureGuy wrote: »
    In fairness, Van Persie and Rooney were given no service.

There is much more than just no service tbh. They didn't make any runs at all and all the runs they made were wrong ones. When our wingers had the ball in the wide area it was so painful to watch him getting no support at all and out strikers didn't help with their lack of movement in the box.

Lately this has been the trend, when wingers/fb cross, strikers don't make the run at all. They just stand and try to win the header which will fail 9/10 times. They should make runs like Hernandez. No wonder 2 or 3 Nani's cross against WBA looked sure goal when Hernandez made runs and missed by inches.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Whoah lads, relaaaax a little...
    If ye pull your toes up, your knees might stop jerking... :)

Happy that we won but scraping a win against Sunderland doesn't change my mind.

This idea of being "ballsey" for starting Januzaj confuses me. His options were Young (who is useless), Valencia (who is useless), Welbeck (who isn't a winger), Kagawa, Nani and Januzaj.

It was by process of elimination Januzaj got the start today. It was him or Kagawa. Moreso, if he's in the first team squad, it's games like today he SHOULD be starting.

It was ****ing Sunderland today, lads. A team who have 1 point in 7 games played. It's the type of game we should have been rotating players in and giving kids a chance. It's not that it was brave. We're not talking about starting him against City or Chelsea. It strikes me though that some people are so desperate for a silver lining, they're engaging in hyperbole to paper over the cracks.

It's great Januzaj got a start for United, he's a wonderful talent and we need to get him signed up permanently. But let's not bill this as David beating Goliath here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I thought Jones was very good second half.

How poor was O'Sheas header for our 2nd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Top half of the league-were having a laugh,
    Top half of the league-were having a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This is why Moyes cant win ^

He could have played any of those you mentioned who are far more experienced players. He plays Adnan and if it doesnt work he knows he is going to get it from everywhere. It works for him so give him the credit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement