Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Surely not as good as Januzaj's second yesterday? ;)

Can't believe the score in that game, and yes it was a peach of a goal from Morrison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Reading the best thing to happen Morrison was leaving his gangsta's back in Manchester. Starting to show now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

care to give us your view or tell me what i am wrong about?

No I gave my view a week or so ago and I don't need to repeat myself again as nothing's changed for me. And I'm not saying your wrong. Your not. But the constant whining is hard to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Surely not as good as Januzaj's second yesterday? ;)

I would say even better.

Hopefully we just buy him in Jan or next summer. Superb potential and he will keep on getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Trilla wrote: »
    Can't believe the score in that game

getting back home from Russia about 7am Friday morning accross 3 time zones, would have something to do with it!

Away Europa league Thursday games are a curse, wouldnt mind seeing the record of teams who play thursday/sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I would say even better.

Hopefully we just buy him in Jan or next summer. Superb potential and he will keep on getting better.

Any vids of the goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Well 6 pts behind after this weekend going into the break, couldn't have asked for anything better tbh. I have a feeling whoever wins the league this season will do so on one of the lowest points total ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I would say even better.

Hardly happen to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No Homer you and your constant complaining about Manchester Uniteds current predicament is tedious.

Some of us find the excuses for Moyes tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If you genuinely want the new gaffer gone after seven games in the league, you're not a real supporter.

half time yesterday we were facing a potential 11 point deficit to Arsenal (they were 8 ahead with a game in hand) so things look alot better than they did 24 hours ago, especially with West Ham beating Spurs.

add in the fact that it was West Brom taking points off Arsenal and City also losing last weekend, the loss last weekend is softened a bit, but we've alot of work to do to turn this around. hopefully the break comes at the right time, allows Moyes two weeks to prepare for Southampton (which is going to be a really tough game) and we kick on from here now.

its been a poor start, but luckily we are in a position to recover from it.

and the constant moaning about people moaning.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If you genuinely want the new gaffer gone after seven games in the league, you're not a real supporter.

Im ****in sick of this real supporter ****e! Read back I never said I want him sacked! 1 I never wanted Moyes 2 he makes awful decisions and comes out with clangers but yeh we're in transition blah blah ****ing blah. Oh and the best is he played a 18 year old ZOMG ballsy to the max.

getting back home from Russia about 7am Friday morning accross 3 time zones, would have something to do with it!

Away Europa league Thursday games are a curse, wouldnt mind seeing the record of teams who play thursday/sunday.

I think only 2 spurs players played started both games. Dembele and Defoe.

Nolars wrote: »
    Any vids of the goal?

10120481755_6d36775be0_o.gif

This isn't the full video, he started in his own half.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15micb_totenham-vs-west-ham-0-3-morrison_sport?start=4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Im ****in sick of this real supporter ****e! Read back I never said I want him sacked! 1 I never wanted Moyes 2 he makes awful decisions and comes out with clangers but yeh we're in transition blah blah ****ing blah.

Maybe you lie somewhere in the middle then which i understand. Some of the stuff he has/is doing is really frustrating but I didnt expect things to go smoothly. However, there are some (im not saying you) already calling for his head. That's madness imo.

FWIW I didnt want Moyes in the first place but as he is appointed im 100% behind him. Any new manager was likely to need time. We need to be patient. It doesnt mean people don't recognise his flaws but we should support the club first and foremost - that includes backing the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know some people hate international break.

Imo it has come at the ideal time

I know some people hate international break.

Imo it has come at the deal time

Just want no injuries and England to qualify

Just want no injuries and England to qualify

Ye will be fine .

Ireland to beat Germany 0-10 ;-)

Maybe you lie somewhere in the middle then which i understand. Some of the stuff he has/is doing is really frustrating but I didnt expect things to go smoothly. However, there are some (im not saying you) already calling for his head. That's madness imo.

FWIW I didnt want Moyes in the first place but as he is appointed im 100% behind him. Any new manager was likely to need time. We need to be patient. It doesnt mean people don't recognise his flaws but we should support the club first and foremost - that includes backing the manager.

Yeh he needs a year at the very least but im not sure how ill react if we are outside the top 4. Trophyless and a decent attempt at all comps (not too pushed on the carling cup) and top 4 id be ok with.

• Advertisement

Yeh he needs a year at the very least but im not sure how ill react if we are outside the top 4. Trophyless and a decent attempt at all comps (not too pushed on the carling cup) and top 4 id be ok with.

Maybe im naive but I still expect us to be challenging for honours. Not in CL places is unthinkable.

Maybe I need to realign my expectations.

Maybe im naive but I still expect us to be challenging for honours. Not in CL places is unthinkable.

Maybe I need to realign my expectations.

No not at all im sure we will get at least 4th, Liverpool have had a handy start Arsenal too so we should know by xmas wether to panic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

First time poster but have been following the thread for quiet a while. I'm a Manu fan for 30yrs + so have seen the bad days as well as the good.

What we are experiencing now is what 75% of Utd fans have never experienced before ie a new manager coming in after a hugely successful one has departed. It is going to take Moyes two years to put his stamp on this team / squad and whether we like it or not I believe he will be given this amount of time. I am not the biggest fan of Moyes nor was I excited about his appointment but I think the Board looked for stability and someone who wouldn't rock the boat and Moyes ticked the boxes. Personally I would have gone all out for Klopp but that was not to be. Also I think that who ever was to take over should have been Fergies assistant for a year before taking over the reins, I also think Moyes got it wrong by getting rid of Meulensteen who a lot of the players thought highly off.

We have to realise that some of our players are simply not good enough or are past their sell by date as regards playing for Utd. Young, Anderson, Butner , Valencia, Carrick, Cleverly and Nani are simply not consistent enough or good enough for utd. Rio and Giggs are at the end of their days and their legs are gone. Fergie must be complemented for winning the league last year with this squad but at the same time has left a problem for Moyes.

The departure of Gill and Moyes not commencing his post until July 1st caused the shambles that was our summer transfer dealings. To me Fellani was a panic buy to semi please the fans.However I also think that a major problem in the club and in the team is Rooney. If he requested to leave the club last May he should have been shown the door with immediate effect and I believe if Fergie was there this season he would be gone. You don't ask to leave Manu twice. I would also ask what he is contributing to us from general play in the league this season. For a player playing in the hole or no 10 position he has created nothing but has put in a decent work rate. Not good enough. His position is about creativity and in that department he is a long way behind Ozil, Mata, Oscar, Augero, Goetz, Silva etc. I think its time that Moyes gives Kawaga some game time and puts Rooney back out on the wing where Fergie had him

Being realistic I would be happy with third place in the league this season. I hope Moyes tries to play good football with us but I have my doubts. I give him credit for starting Januzaj last night but what has Kawaga to do to get a start. Also Zaha needs to get game time soon. Also I would like to see Smalling and Jones given a chance to form a partnership which I think could be every bit as good as Rio and Vidic. It'll be a rocky season but Moyes will be given time

Welcome Robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Great post Robbo, you make a lot of sense and its refreshing to read it rather than all the aul ones in here throwing handbags at each other talking tripe all day. Welcome!

Thanks lads. Looking forward to future debates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Robson99 wrote: »
    Thanks lads. Looking forward to future debates

Which order do you rank the Die Hard films?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

IvySlayer wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

IvySlayer wrote: »

1 3 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

1 3 2

Rightly 5 doesnt exist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

And when you think the third was originally a lethal weapon movie.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

3 is just the worst.

No intention of seeing 5.

Anyway, Janujaz and De Gea ftw

Die Hard is ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Here is the order it should be. Ivy, you're stupid if you think 3 is the worst.

1,3,2,4. I haven't seen 5 yet.
    Die Hard is ****

Get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Die Hard is ****

Get outta here!

Number 1 is an all time great

Keno wrote: »
    Get out.
    Get outta here!

Number 1 is an all time great

Not avin it. Really dont see the fuss at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,207 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Kirby wrote: »
    And when you think the third was originally a lethal weapon movie.............

And Bruce Willis was way down the list of actors for the lead role.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Im ****in sick of this real supporter ****e! Read back I never said I want him sacked! 1 I never wanted Moyes 2 he makes awful decisions and comes out with clangers but yeh we're in transition blah blah ****ing blah. Oh and the best is he played a 18 year old ZOMG ballsy to the max.

Largely incoherent post there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Morrison won;t be at West Ham too long imo - wonder if United will show interest in him if other clubs make a move for him, and if he'd be interested in coming back.

Keno wrote: »

dont know how that lad keeps getting away tickets for almost every game!

the general feedback from Sunderland fans yesterday is that we were the best fans they have seen in years and commended the United end for their singing. full thread about it here, of course some digs as usual, but by and large mostly positive comments about it.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/man-utd-fans.819858/page-2

it was the same at City when 4-0 down and despite what people say, moyes and the team were clapped off the pitch at the end and the same against West Brom.

but we are not behind the manager and team supposidly:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Absolutely love seeing videos like that! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

dont know how that lad keeps getting away tickets for almost every game!

the general feedback from Sunderland fans yesterday is that we were the best fans they have seen in years and commended the United end for their singing. full thread about it here, of course some digs as usual, but by and large mostly positive comments about it.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/man-utd-fans.819858/page-2

it was the same at City when 4-0 down and despite what people say, moyes and the team were clapped off the pitch at the end and the same against West Brom.

but we are not behind the manager and team supposidly:confused::confused:

if i had to sit near that langer for a whole game i d go off my head. whatever about the screeching , watching a game through your camera is one of the most ridiculous things i ve seen at a game. they d be great videos if he was nt roaring like a lunatic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Morrison won;t be at West Ham too long imo - wonder if United will show interest in him if other clubs make a move for him, and if he'd be interested in coming back.

If he keeps his current form up he will be bought up in next year or two and for the lad himself a London club may be best for him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If he keeps his current form up he will be bought up in next year or two and for the lad himself a London club may be best for him???

as far away from moss side the better for him

• Advertisement

Arsenal did not put the fear of God into today anyway.

Just a pity both Morrison and Pogba didnt work out for Utd. The team would look whole lot better with them 2 and would save us a considerable amount in the transfer market

Pogba alone would have done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Angelo Henriquez knocked in 2 for Zaragoza tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Pogba, Jan and Rav in the same midfield would have been very exciting for the future.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement