Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hmmm
    Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 40s

1. Lucky boots? Against Sunderland Adnan #Januzaj played for the 1st time on coloured Nike Hypervenoms. #MUFC
    Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland now

2. Before he was still wearing black ones, like all youth players at #MUFC. Once they have made their debut, they can choose for colours.
    Collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Given how physical a player Fel is, he's going to need to be more careful with such an injury as compared, say, to Evra who is also taped up, but not as "rough" when it comes to playing.

Cantona was an aggressive player - and played with a cast.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Hmmm

whats the 'hmmmm' about? doesn't seem to be any mystery there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are players still allowed play wearing s cast?

Evra looks to be wearing a support.

Fell may need time in an actual cast depending on the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Cantona was an aggressive player - and played with a cast.

I was trying to remember if Eric continued to wear the cast as a kind of statement even after it was neccessary which I think he did or at least he wore a bandage/support for a long time so I googled 'Eric Cantona cast' only to find that he has been cast in an erotic movie as 'The Stallion'

What a focking guy....
    The King!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Fellani has a wrist injury

Every cloud has a silver lining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Are players still allowed play wearing s cast?

Evra looks to be wearing a support.

Fell may need time in an actual cast depending on the injury.

Valdes is allowed with a cast in front of him every weekend so i don't see a problem there.

*i'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pathetic, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Given how physical a player Fel is, he's going to need to be more careful with such an injury as compared, say, to Evra who is also taped up, but not as "rough" when it comes to playing.

i'd say he is rough :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Blatter wrote: »
    Pathetic, tbh.

Why is the OP's post pathetic? S/he doesn't rate 'Fell' and is expressing their opinion. Are you people that sensitive you have to take attacks on Man Utd player so personally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why is the OP's post pathetic? S/he doesn't rate 'Fell' and is expressing their opinion. Are you people that sensitive you have to take attacks on Man Utd player so personally?

It's not a very nice trait for a human to revel in physical harm befalling another human generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It's pathetic because no proper United fan would be happy a player is injured even if he doesn't rate him. Considering how poor our cm is to be glad one of our best s injured is just really bizarre.

Even if you don't rate him - being glad we are without an option in an area of the pitch we are woefully short in is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Januzaj is now registered for the Champions League and can play in the next tie.

Fellaini out for up to seven weeks according to ESPN.

October 2013
    19 Oct Barclays Premier League Southampton H 15:00
    23 Oct UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad H 19:45
    26 Oct Barclays Premier League Stoke City H 15:00
    29 Oct Capital One Cup Norwich City H 19:45
    November 2013
    02 Nov Barclays Premier League Fulham A 15:00
    05 Nov UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad A 19:45
    10 Nov Barclays Premier League Arsenal H 16:10
    24 Nov Barclays Premier League Cardiff City A 16:00
    27 Nov UEFA Champions League Bayer Leverkusen A 19:45

So he'll more than likely miss Arsenal game and be back for Bayer Leverkusen away tie. Then it's Spurs away after that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jesus man, to be honest, I feel you are one of the most negative posters I have seen in here in ages. I even questioned whether you are actually a fan of United.

But defending that post is mindboggling to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

From a football-prespective, that is one of the most uneducated posts I have read this year, and that is saying a huge amount.

We have a midfielder that is heads and shoulders above the rest of our MF options, and you, as a United fan, seem to revel in the news that he could be out for over a month?

I'd expect that from a childish Liverpool or City fan, not from one of our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Would I be right in saying, Cleverley had his best game in a United Jersey on Sat, I counted at least 5 tackles that he made..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We have a midfielder that is heads and shoulders above the rest of our MF options, and you, as a United fan, seem to revel in the news that he could be out for over a month?

In that case you might want to avoid reading this

RVEuS1w.png

Facebook comments, always a good leveller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

In that case you might want to avoid reading this

United fans facebook pic

3080895-7908154306-tumbl.jpg

Jesus wept, some of United's "fans" are so thick :(

• Advertisement

bullvine wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying, Cleverley had his best game in a United Jersey on Sat, I counted at least 5 tackles that he made..

It was eight apparently! He did have a good game. He seems to have a lot more stamina recently, I blame Moyes.

It was eight apparently! He did have a good game. He seems to have a lot more stamina recently, I blame Moyes.

has been similar for him this season - steady on the ball, getting stuck in to tackles, working well and his stamina does seem better. Good improvement from him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

has been similar for him this season - steady on the ball, getting stuck in to tackles, working well and his stamina does seem better. Good improvement from him this season.

still cant pass tho 1 of the main points of a midfielder :)

Nolars wrote: »

Well that's just simply not true.

His passing completion has been high 80's to 90's this season so far.

He isn't creative as I would like, but he isn't giving the ball away either - his passing is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Its the fist time apart from City away last season that I actually noticed him on the pitch

His passing completion has been high 80's to 90's this season so far.

He isn't creative as I would like, but he isn't giving the ball away either - his passing is fine.

To be fair that's because he passes sideways or backwards, he is decent but nowhere near a top midfielder who can actually make assists from the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

To be fair that's because he passes sideways or backwards, he is decent but nowhere near a top midfielder who can actually make assists from the middle.

He can do the simple and dirty stuff well. Him improving defensively is a bonus. The problem is its not exactly as if this improvement will free up Carrick or Fellaini creatively. Carrick is not that type of player, he can create deep at times but doesn't get high enough to make those passes count as much. I don't know if Fellaini in DMF role can do this either but I haven't seen enough of him to say he can't.

I think at Everton he was best used with emphasis on his physicality. High balls to chest trap, leaning into defenders and short lay offs, one two's and back heels etc. He wont have much opportunity to do that at UTD with Rooney up there and is less effective for UTD than he was for Everton as a result.

Ideally neither Clev or Carrick would be starters for us, instead we would have two world class MF's. Moyes said our first eleven needs improvement but the squad is fine. Carrick has been a good servant of late but and do rely on him only because players were not brought in but both he and Clev would not make the MF of the to European teams.

If we move away from a two man MF maybe Fellaini could be used as an anchor for two ACMF players. I think he was a strange signing, not a bad one but with our current style he is not going to be fully utilised until we change formation.

Fellaini is available for Belgium? What the flying fook are our club at? Should be getting the surgery now and missing as little united time as possible.

Embarrassing. What are we at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fellaini is available for Belgium? What the flying fook are our club at? Should be getting the surgery now and missing as little united time as possible.

Jesus, that needs some explaining. The only thing that comes to mind in the absense of a reasonable explanation is this...

angry-desk-flip.jpg

• Advertisement

Yea an explanation is needed. On the other hand the amount of United fans who have turned on him already is incredible.

Belgium say Benteke is available for them also , Even though Villa have said he is not fit .

Sticking a player in midfield who is regarded as an assist maker on its own won't make a huge difference. The tactics/style of play and increased team effort will make the change and provide the platform for the existing or new players to be more creative.

Cleverley and Carrick are well able to pass the ball, its the lack of options ahead of them that causes many of the problems.

Need more of the play that rushed Sunderland into a mistake and left space between midfield and defence for United (Januzaj) to move into. This allowed Evra get 10 yards up the pitch to put in a low dangerous cross unlike anything that he did the first half where they were all deep crosses. Get the opposition moving towards there own goal and goals are easier to come by as space can be found.

So many teams set up to defend these days, if you force them into a mistake and turnover possession quickly you open up far more options.

Belgium say Benteke is available for them also , Even though Villa have said he is not fit .

That's down to the rules isn't it, you can't actually stop a country demanding a player turns up for duty, regardless of injuries.

Edit
    A club holding the registration of a player called up to play in the national team must release him to the national association on the fixed/set dates for international matches in each calendar year

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That's down to the rules isn't it, you can't actually stop a country demanding a player turns up for duty, regardless of injuries.

Yeah I think so. Admittedly they're pretty important games for Belguim but come on the players welfare should be the most important thing for all parties .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Same thing happened with Kompany too last season and Mancini was not at all happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah I think so. Admittedly they're pretty important games for Belguim but come on the players welfare should be the most important thing for all parties .

He gets called up, the Belgian docs will look him over. If he isn't passed fit to play he will be sent back or else he will stay and watch, no biggie. As far as I know it happens a fair bit. An international team can demand the player is signed off by their own medic if the club say they are not fit.

In other news, apparently Januzaj has told people he is about to sign a long term contract at the club. That would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Same thing happened with Kompany too last season and Mancini was not at all happy with that.

Kompany out for a few weeks now too I believe. Good news for us

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

An article written by @mrmujac on Twitter about Januzaj,Pogba and Morrison.
    It is an interesting read.
    http://strettynews.com/the-rumours-and-the-reality-pogba-morrison-and-januzaj/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Gustavo would have been a much better signing than Fellaini and he would have been half the price also

Gustavo would have been a much better signing than Fellaini and he would have been half the price also

Gustavo might not have adapted to the Premier League style. It happens. Fellaini already knows the League here pretty well so would have been seen as a safer bet. He'll come good, i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    From a football-prespective, that is one of the most uneducated posts I have read this year, and that is saying a huge amount.

Will give you the fact that it was a rush of blood to the head alright...as i would never like to see anyone injured but your comment of him being head and shoulders above the rest of our central midfield is bonkers. Have you watched him play since he has arrived? He's like an 8yr old chasing shadows. While i dont rate Anderson and only rate Cleverly a little higher how can you rate him ahead of Carrick and Kagawa based on what you have seen so far. I actually believe the break will do him good were he can work on his aerobic base fitness which is so lacking at the moment. The team played better without him Saturday and thats a fact. I do hope he turns things around as i said before I fear he is going to be to United what Andy Carroll was to Liverpool. I hope am proven wrong.

Adnan Januzaj has told Belgium manager Marc Wilmots that he intends to stay at Manchester United. [SKY-SPORTS-NEWS] #MUFC

Super duper news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never in doubt:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Super duper news.
    And with that, No. 7 was reborn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

F.J. wrote: »
    An article written by @mrmujac on Twitter about Januzaj,Pogba and Morrison.
    It is an interesting read.

I disagree strongly with one facet of that article. The author is at pains to state that when Pogba got three sub appearances in a row "he did ok without doing anything brilliant", that "in his time on the pitch he was just ok…nothing he did particularly stood out".

I'm sorry, but thats just serving an agenda, what exactly did the author really expect? He says that it was a real chance to excel, but no young kid comes into the first team and excels straight away, and most certainly not in midfield. Januzaj at this point has played 5/6 games and is now finding his feet to an extent. Ronaldo was very raw when he started but he had plenty of senior game time with Sporting before he came to United.

Pogba had none of that, he got 20 minutes in 3 games, if the author expected Pogba to come in and dominate senior footballers straight away then he is a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Super duper news.
    Adnan Januzaj has told Belgium manager Marc Wilmots that he intends to stay at Manchester United. [SKY-SPORTS-NEWS] #MUFC

iXsUEcAEU7dz5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

zerks wrote: »
    iXsUEcAEU7dz5.gif

More of this please, Dizzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Januzaj needs a chant.

OPPA ADNAN STYLE!!

Vbtm9Di.gif

remember reading Thiago had told people he was going to sign for United.

Until Januzaj actually signs a new contract, I'm not going to get excited at the speculation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement