Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Why would he tell Wilmots? He's not even in the Belgian squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    Januzaj needs a chant.

OPPA ADNAN STYLE!!

Vbtm9Di.gif

Name is pronounced Yan-a-zii. Gotta be a 'Call me, Maybe' tune in there I think...

He's Andan Yan-A-Zii!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He will sign dont worry.

That chant might catch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

The look on Moyes' face at the end of that gif is terrifying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What's the rules with regards number change? Can we give someone the Number 7 if they already have a number?

(Yes, this is wondering if we can't see Januzaj 7 on a shirt :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The look on Moyes' face at the end of that gif is terrifying.

Stereotypical Scottish cum face.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Name is pronounced Yan-a-zii. Gotta be a 'Call me, Maybe' tune in there I think...

He's Andan Yan-A-Zii!

Thought it was more Han-you-zay myself...It's what I'm sticking with anyway!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Thought it was more Han-you-zay myself...It's what I'm sticking with anyway!

steve bartram, on twitter was saying Adnan said it is 'Yan-a-zii'.

Irritating as MUTV have been saying Jan-u-zaj for two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I've been saying Yan-u-hay or Yan-u-zay

Somebody find the definitive answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah the phonetic pronunciation of it is hilarious. Especially when the person is saying it with pure confidence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Januzaj is the best player in the premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I wouldn't want to see Januzaj given the 7 shirt for a good while yet. Let him come into his own a bit more before taking on that mantle.

Its exciting to have a young player like him pushing into the first team - I hope Moyes handles him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Call him Adnan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

shamrock55 wrote: »

Lol, try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Every commentator is calling him Yan-a-zii so I'd take that as face value until someone corrects it. Commentators are normally good at finding out the right pronounciation. Well Sky commentators. RTE and MUTV dont care.

shamrock55 wrote: »

I think you are being a little understated there. Would only take Messi ahead of him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Chagan wrote: »
    Why would he tell Wilmots? He's not even in the Belgian squad.

Indeed, and on top of that I think I read somwhere that he has refused callups to the Belgium underage squads because he wants to declare for albania which is where his parents are from. No Idea how true that is but I saw it somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I think you are being a little understated there. Would only take Messi ahead of him now.

You sure? I for one would take only Coutinho ahead of him. Best player ever that Coutinho player is.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    You sure? I for one would take only Coutinho ahead of him. Best player ever that Coutinho player is.

Nah - Coutinho has done nothing at all in the last couple of games. Adnan is the form player.

• Advertisement

Last year it was some fella called Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

zerks wrote: »
    Last year it was some fella called Sterling.

We would do well to remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

...has to be another explanation to this, as in the surgery is not possible for another 2 weeks. if its a case that the surgery is being delayed 2 weeks due to this, then its madness, 2 weeks more without him and the 2 weeks off now gives him a chance to rest it properly for the run of games coming up in november.
    Marouane is available for both Belgium games & coach Wilmots said that his wrist will be "adequately supported" by a brace
    [Fellaini] Belgium coach Marc Wilmots said “Marouane has suffered a wrist ligament injury and will have to undergo surgery [at some stage]."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

GSPfan wrote: »
    Every commentator is calling him Yan-a-zii so I'd take that as face value until someone corrects it. Commentators are normally good at finding out the right pronounciation. Well Sky commentators. .

No they aren't. Don't think I ever heard any of them pronounce Ljungberg anywhere near correctly for one (silent L).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I want a Januzaj sig. I think it's time to retire my Bebe one.

A new kid is on the block. Not as good, but he has potential.

...has to be another explanation to this, as in the surgery is not possible for another 2 weeks. if its a case that the surgery is being delayed 2 weeks due to this, then its madness, 2 weeks more without him and the 2 weeks off now gives him a chance to rest it properly for the run of games coming up in november.

If he plays for Belgium then we will have another addition to the embarrassing management of United since May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

bebe415.jpg
    I want a Januzaj sig. I think it's time to retire my Bebe one.

A new kid is on the block. Not as good, but he has potential.

bebe-2010-8-17-11-0-491.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Keno wrote: »
    Bebe being angry

Haha touché.

I've used that many a time on here. Always guaranteed a few thanks from it.

Bebe is on loan mastering his trade, he will be back and we will see that goal dance again

You'll all see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bebe is on loan mastering his trade, he will be back and we will see that goal dance again

You'll all see

Ya he will be crossing the ball better then Beckham :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

How is ol Bebe doing?

• Advertisement

How is ol Bebe doing?

0.33 goals a game for his new club #beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How is ol Bebe doing?

Still on the run from the repo men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

SPT_20131007_SPO_016_29188356_I1.JPG

Rooney:
    "A win like this can turn things around. I think us as players know we haven't been good enough. A new manager has come in and we haven't been good enough for him.

"The manager is under a bit of pressure, but it's us who have let him down. We have to pull together for the manager and show the sort of fight we have done here and we'll be fine.

"This will be a transition season, because it's a new manager with different styles and we have to adapt to them. More importantly we need to do better for him than we have been."

Irish Independent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How is ol Bebe doing?

Club are Bottom of the league, he scored one goal in the one win they have. Played 6 games so far Including two in Europe, one of which was away to Fiorentina (Rossi got a goal in that one)

http://ie.soccerway.com/players/tiago-manuel-dias-correia/147134/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

This Fellaini situation is indeed curious. Often surgery needs to wait a number of days/weeks to allow swelling to subcede but surely if he plays for Belgium there is a risk of increased swelling or even worsening of the injury.

Hopefully the situation will be clarified.

Maybe Fellaini is especially patriotic or is watching his first X1 spot in a team which may well be contenders for the WC and had a clause in his contract for internationals.

Or maybe the surgeon is booked out....:-)

Good stuff from Rooney telling it how it is.

This made me laugh:

1379267_697593063603248_1283136213_n.jpg

ericzeking wrote: »
    This Fellaini situation is indeed curious. Often surgery needs to wait a number of days/weeks to allow swelling to subcede but surely if he plays for Belgium there is a risk of increased swelling or even worsening of the injury.

Hopefully the situation will be clarified.

Maybe Fellaini is especially patriotic or is watching his first X1 spot in a team which may well be contenders for the WC and had a clause in his contract for internationals.

Or maybe the surgeon is booked out....:-)

Big game away to Croatia,but still they have Wales then next week,they will at least win one to secure top spot,they might just need him for the Croatia game.

7 weeks out = 7 days out

Big game away to Croatia,but still they have Wales then next week,they will at least win one to get top spot,they might just need him for the Croatia game.

7 weeks out = 7 days out

Quite frankly, I don't care what games Belgium have - and United really shouldn't either.

We paid 27million for him. We pay him a lot ever week. Belgium pay him/us basically nothing.

Our stance should be firmly that we do what is best for United, and not getting whatever surgery is required done ASAP so that he is back in action for us ASAP is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

remember reading Thiago had told people he was going to sign for United.

Until Januzaj actually signs a new contract, I'm not going to get excited at the speculation.

That's my take on it, I put it up earlier that apparently he was after telling someone he was going to sign a long term contract at the club, now why he would tell anyone at all never mind the Belgian manager who I assume he doesn't have a whole lot of contact with would be a bit of a mystery to me.

Wouldn't read too much into it

SSN

Adnan, flavour of the week-fling some **** at the wall and hope some sticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Quite frankly, I don't care what games Belgium have - and United really shouldn't either.

We paid 27million for him. We pay him a lot ever week. Belgium pay him/us basically nothing.

Our stance should be firmly that we do what is best for United, and not getting whatever surgery is required done ASAP so that he is back in action for us ASAP is a disgrace.

Sometimes when we see English players retire from internationals at aged 28 or something ridiculous, we get lulled into thinking the international game is no longer relevant.
    And forget that there are another 214 countries out there where players are incredibly proud to pull on the national jersey, see it as equally important and would basically laugh outright at any demands to give it a lower priority.

Dean Jones @DJones_People
    Disappointing news for Fulham that Meulensteen is joining Qatar FA instead

Anzi and now Qatar when he had the chance to work in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dean Jones @DJones_People

Anzi and now Qatar when he had the chance to work in the league.

Not sure what that video is as it is blocked in my office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8963101/anderlecht-count-cost-of-losing-januzaj

Was just watching this the players Anderlecht are producing is crazy, do united have any feeder clubs in Belgium for youth player?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Good stuff from Rooney telling it how it is.

Very pleased with what Wayne had been saying. Shows he is backing Moyes after all the rubbish from the media and the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Nolars wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8963101/anderlecht-count-cost-of-losing-januzaj

Was just watching this the players Anderlecht are producing is crazy, do united have any feeder clubs in Belgium for youth player?

We have strong links with Royal Antwerp, lots of our players went there on loan over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Nolars wrote: »

Royal Antwerp were a united feeder club and United have a very good relationship with anderlecht

It so funny reading the rumours now about how Kompany wasnt worth 10million in 2004 and Mcshane had better potential...

What was the story with Evra against Sunderland he was playing with his wrist strapped up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

What was the story with Evra against Sunderland he was playing with his wrist strapped up?

Got a slap on the wrist from Moyes for doing a bad defending in the early matches.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement