Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

I've seen him wearing that, or some form of wrist brace, a good few times, must have some sort of recurring minor wrist injury. Luckily its his wrist, never seems to pick up many other injuries. I think I remember some teammates calling him elastic man or something in some interview because he's never injured. Mad really, when you compare him to someone like Jones who seems to do his best to injure himself at least once per game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Julez wrote: »
    I've seen him wearing that, or some form of wrist brace, a good few times, must have some sort of recurring minor wrist injury. Luckily its his wrist, never seems to pick up many other injuries. I think I remember some teammates calling him elastic man or something in some interview because he's never injured. Mad really, when you compare him to someone like Jones who seems to do his best to injure himself at least once per game.

I find it particularly amazing the amount of games he takes a heavy knock on his ankle, stays down in pain for a minute or two but never actually gets injured. He's genetically blessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great words from Wayne standing up and taking some pressure off the manager and putting it on the players who have been lackluster so far this season with a few exceptions, Wayne being one.

Anderlecht do produce some top top talent, the Ajax of Belgium.

I hope the lad stays, but honestly lets not get carried away, he needs to be nurtured into the team, he doesn't need to be burnt out like Sterling from Liverpool. This talk of a NO7 jersey, we really shouldn't put pressure like that on his shoulders, don't let the UK media hype ruin another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

In fairness to the No 7, it didnt do Ronnie any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Blatter wrote: »
    I find it particularly amazing the amount of games he takes a heavy knock on his ankle, stays down in pain for a minute or two but never actually gets injured. He's genetically blessed.

Maybe he is still using this technique :pac:

"I was putting a chicken down there as protection. Seriously I swear it's true. When the doctor saw that technique he said 'what are you doing?' But it helped me a lot. I couldn't feel the ball too much but it protected me a lot." Patrice Evra uses a chicken fillet to protect a gash on his foot. I kid thee not...

"I played one month with meat in my boots. The funny thing is, after the game, the meat was cooked. Not ready to eat, but a little bit cooked."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

FxhyFuQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

That's only Valenica tracking back. They have yet to clock him going forward with the ball this season.

FxhyFuQ.jpg

Wouldn't have had Rooney pegged on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

FIFA cant do anything right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fellaini to have surgery in December.

Perfect, right when the games are coming thick and fast...ugh.
    I'm guessing he's available to us up until then?

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fellaini to have surgery in December.

Perfect, right when the games are coming thick and fast...ugh.
    I'm guessing he's available to us up until then?

Doubt he's being rested for 2-3 months before he has surgery, so I'd assume so yea.

Any excuse to dust off this clip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Doubt he's being rested for 2-3 months before he has surgery, so I'd assume so yea.

maybe they are hoping that some of the ligaments heal themselves in the meantime meaning less recovery after the op. or they want him to settle in better, get more games,rather than be out of action after playing poorly and then starting all over again.

anybody know how this happened, was it a new injury in recent weeks or has this been there for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Surely the likes of Navas and Munian are faster than Rooney, heck Anderson is faster than Rooney. List is bogus, probably a Sepp Blatter production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Surely the likes of Navas and Munian are faster than Rooney, heck Anderson is faster than Rooney. List is bogus, probably a Sepp Blatter production.

tumblr_lu1xl74x221qh59n0o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

maybe they are hoping that some of the ligaments heal themselves in the meantime meaning less recovery after the op. or they want him to settle in better, get more games,rather than be out of action after playing poorly and then starting all over again.

anybody know how this happened, was it a new injury in recent weeks or has this been there for a while?

I read yesterday (not sure if its true) that it happened during the Shaktar game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rooney used to be very quick - either lost that pace of just doesn't bother using it to go past people anymore. doesn't drive at the defence anymore, i miss that Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Rooney used to be very quick - either lost that pace of just doesn't bother using it to go past people anymore. doesn't drive at the defence anymore, i miss that Rooney.

I remember the match away to Charlton, 2005 I think, where he ran at the defence from his own half, skimmed past fair share of players and chipped it to Van Nistelrooy and he finished it, beautiful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

"Sky sources report that Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini will delay having surgery on his injured wrist until December."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8963462/manchester-uniteds-marouane-fellaini-will-not-have-wrist-surgery-immediately

Val has the biggest top speed. Some players will have better explosiveness ie they can explode out of the traps and hit top speed quicker than other players, Val seems to be good at both.

Rooney's speed over a short distance is supposed to be very fast but due to his frame it will taper off over long distances.

Now that's just running, when you factor in running with the ball some players don't need to slow down and control the ball at top speed very well and these stats were clocked "with the ball".

Its an impossible thing to judge from you sofa when watching players on TV. Different body frames and the distances they carry the ball are not easy to measure in the cut and trust of a match with the naked eye. Formations and how wide a player plays will negatively effect your judgment on some players, hence players like Navas may look faster as they are always out wide and the team formation leads to them having a lot of room to sprint in too.

This is why stat collecting is so important and many teams pay for this information. Heck, they type of TV (HD or standard) your watching the match on will effect your judgement on this given that some tv's have huge disparities when it comes to frame and refresh rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fellaini is available for Belgium? What the flying fook are our club at? Should be getting the surgery now and missing as little united time as possible.

Embarrassing. What are we at?

Are you sure the club can force a player to miss international games if he wants to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Pro. F wrote: »
    Are you sure the club can force a player to miss international games if he wants to go?

The club cant its his choice club has no say in the matter

If he was injured on wednesday, his scan should have been friday and surgery booked for as soon as possible following that. He should, imo, have had the required surgery before belgium could demand his presence and if he had just have had surgery no way could he have played.

If he was injured on wednesday, his scan should have been friday and surgery booked for as soon as possible following that. He should, imo, have had the required surgery before belgium could demand his presence and if he had just have had surgery no way could he have played.

You think the doctors wouldn't have informed him of his options regarding timing of surgery and recovery?

You think the doctors wouldn't have informed him of his options regarding timing of surgery and recovery?

Maybe it is another F-Up by United in not getting the scan done until Monday, so not firming up surgery plans til after the scan - with Belgium being in control of him from Monday (5 day rule, Friday game).

Maybe it is another F-Up by United in not getting the scan done until Monday, so not firming up surgery plans til after the scan - with Belgium being in control of him from Monday (5 day rule, Friday game).

Or maybe it is not. You know very little about what has gone on between Fellaini, the doctors and the club. You assume the worst though, of course.

Or maybe it is not. You know very little about what has gone on between Fellaini, the doctors and the club. You assume the worst though, of course.

He misses Sunderland, will require surgery and be out for several weeks, but can play for Belgium just fine. Yeah, I should assume United want him to play for Belgium more than they want him to play for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He misses Sunderland, will require surgery and be out for several weeks, but can play for Belgium just fine. Yeah, I should assume United want him to play for Belgium more than they want him to play for United.

Or maybe Fellaini wants to play.... for his country... to help them qualify for a World Cup...... it's kinda important to some people you know.

Jesus. Always look to blame the club in any way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

:confused:

• Advertisement

Or maybe Fellaini wants to play.... for his country... to help them qualify for a World Cup...... it's kinda important to some people you know.

Jesus. Always look to blame the club in any way possible.

Don't care what Fellaini wants. United paid a lot of money for him, and pay him a lot of money every week.

United should be ensuring he misses as little time as possible for United, not plays as much for Belgium as possible.

If he requites surgery, then right now is the perfect time to get it done as there is a two week break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

What's Woody at these times??....I blame him :pac:

Didn't I read somewhere through all the cadology that went on over the summer that the board had some sort of indirect link to the United physio room...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Don't care what Fellaini wants. United paid a lot of money for him, and pay him a lot of money every week.

United should be ensuring he misses as little time as possible for United, not plays as much for Belgium as possible.

If he requites surgery, then right now is the perfect time to get it done as there is a two week break.

Lovely.

He's not having the surgery till December now so obviously it's not urgent. He would have missed the Sunderland game as a precaution not having a diagnosis for the injury a the time.

I'm sure you'll twist it and try to make it look bad and wheel out your "embarrassing" line or something to that effect anyway.

And what if Fellaini is refusing to have surgery right now? Do you want the club to slip some ketamine into his milkshake and just get cutting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Club and the manager cares. Also it's such a nice change to see players doing everything they can to play for their National team. Qualifying for the world cup is a big big news for Belgium and he is doing everything he can to help his side. It's good to see these players than the players with empty words like how they love to represent their country but fakes injury everytimes their clubs asks them to do.

I for one would love to see players having some passion and doing everything they can to play for their country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Belgium are qualified already tbh.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Club and the manager cares. Also it's such a nice change to see players doing everything they can to play for their National team. Qualifying for the world cup is a big big news for Belgium and he is doing everything he can to help his side. It's good to see these players than the players with empty words like how they love to represent their country but fakes injury everytimes their clubs asks them to do.

I for one would love to see players having some passion and doing everything they can to play for their country.

Prefer them to be doing everything they can to play for United. If he requires surgery it should be done at a time that least impacts United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Belgium are ranked #6 in FIFA rankings???? WOW

Just spotted England are 17th??? Jesus that's low for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Belgium are ranked #6 in FIFA rankings???? WOW

Just spotted England are 17th??? Jesus that's low for them

cause there ****e

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why would UTD want him to further damage his wrist further in two international games? Maybe the wrist injury is slight and can be easily managed and delaying an operation is no big deal. None of these details are we privy to.

Actually your comment only makes sense from "time to have a go at the club again because I'm still pissed off over the transfer window" perspective.

Anyway SSN are reporting its delayed until December

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8963462/manchester-uniteds-marouane-fellaini-will-not-have-wrist-surgery-immediately

Nolars wrote: »
    cause there ****e

I remember years ago we were ranked 15th or 16th for a while that says an awful lot about England's position at the moment!! And they have or had the nerve to call us their reserve team BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I remember years ago we were ranked 15th or 16th for a while that says an awful lot about England's position at the moment!! And they have or had the nerve to call us their reserve team BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have seen our ranking, yeah? :p

We were third at one stage, around summer 93 I think it was!

Lets hope this is not true
    Barcelona are reportedly keeping an eye on the latest Manchester United sensation Adnan Januzaj in the hope that he will choose to leave Old Trafford rather than sign a new contract with the reigning Premier League champions.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-barcelona-enter-race-for-manchester-united-youngster-adnan-januzaj--reports-8866842.html

I don't know how recent or reliable these quotes are but they are encouraging
    “At the moment, international football isn’t something that I’ve thought a lot about,” said Januzaj.
    “I know that, first, I have to concentrate on what I do for United, because that is the most important part of my career right now.
    “I want to play well for United and give everything for my club.”

“Everyone gives me advice, that’s the great thing here,” said Januzaj, speaking to United Review. “I speak a lot with Patrice and Giggsy.
    “They have great experience, they’re big players at the club and have gone through everything I’m going through. Their advice is important.
    “If I play on the left, Patrice is just behind me, so he helps me, and I’m playing in a similar position to Giggsy. I ask him questions all the time as he’s been a top, top player for so long. He’s a good teacher.
    “My favourite position is No.10, but I’ve played on the left and right.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-england-target-adnan-2347391

bullvine wrote: »

We were??? I do not remember that :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Jaysus I don't think we ever made it that high, though I could be wrong, 7th is about the highest I remember...we kind of loitered around 7th or 8th for alot of those good years from late 80s to WC 94 iirc.

We were??? I do not remember that :O

Actually, I was sure it was third but just checked it, we were 6th in August 1993

Actually, I was sure it was third but just checked it, we were 6th in August 1993

From December 92 to August 93 we were 6th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Injured Wednesday, home Thursday, swelling means decision on action to be taken delayed. Head to North East Friday (?) Or Sat morning, decide to leave Fellaini out as precaution.

As position is unclear Belgium proceed with his call up. By Monday it looks okay to play with injury, so Belgium will play him.

The Player/Club decide to hold off on surgery in hope he won't need it.

Is that what has happened or did I miss something ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sounds pretty much like what probably happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Injured Wednesday, home Thursday, swelling means decision on action to be taken delayed. Head to North East Friday (?) Or Sat morning, decide to leave Fellaini out as precaution.

As position is unclear Belgium proceed with his call up. By Monday it looks okay to play with injury, so Belgium will play him.

The Player/Club decide to hold off on surgery in hope he won't need it.

Is that what has happened or did I miss something ????

can't be,makes too much sense :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement