Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Every time someone posts a video of Ronaldo here, I get a bit sad inside :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Injured Wednesday, home Thursday, swelling means decision on action to be taken delayed. Head to North East Friday (?) Or Sat morning, decide to leave Fellaini out as precaution.

As position is unclear Belgium proceed with his call up. By Monday it looks okay to play with injury, so Belgium will play him.

The Player/Club decide to hold off on surgery in hope he won't need it.

Is that what has happened or did I miss something ????

sounds very very logical. he still needs the op though :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Eathrin wrote: »
    Every time someone posts a video of Ronaldo here, I get a bit sad inside :(
    And makes me feel that I want him back so bad.. but it's not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Going to a Nantwich Town match tonight. As luck would have it they're playing against FC United of Manchester. It'll be my first ever non-league match.

Anyone have any idea what they're like? I've set my expectations very low. Just finished 'training' 28 kids after school there. It can't be more tedious than that. Can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Going to a Nantwich Town match tonight. As luck would have it they're playing against FC United of Manchester. It'll be my first ever non-league match.

Anyone have any idea what they're like? I've set my expectations very low. Just finished 'training' 28 kids after school there. It can't be more tedious than that. Can it?

Your not exactly going to see an exhibition of pass and move but you might be surprised. Should be enjoyable at the very least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It'll probably be similar to watching a League of Ireland match.

*awaits hail of rotting fruit and veg*

It will be of lower standard than that!

Certainly the Premier Division of LOI anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Nah closer to a Republic of Ireland match :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Seen a few clips on Youtube of FC United fans they seem to create a lively atmosphere at games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

sounds very very logical. he still needs the op though :(.

Oh, I didn't realise the op was definitely happening.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't realise the op was definitely happening.

I think they are hoping it heals enough that he wont miss much time with the splint in place until then. If he absolutely has to have the op but its ok to put it off till December, then maybe it could be delayed further, I mean, December is probably the worst month for it to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

kryogen wrote: »
    I think they are hoping it heals enough that he wont miss much time with the splint in place until then. If he absolutely has to have the op but its ok to put it off till December, then maybe it could be delayed further, I mean, December is probably the worst month for it to happen.

I'd say December the latest, he's hardly going to risk it coming into a world cup. Get the champions league out of the way and deal with it then.

Maybe I'm being paranoid here but is it potentially being overstated by the club? It offers an excuse for poor form and gets people off his back, he's not 100% fit etc. Potentially means he could be 'dropped' without the media blowing it out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

s.welstead wrote: »
    I'd say December the latest, he's hardly going to risk it coming into a world cup. Get the champions league out of the way and deal with it then.

Maybe I'm being paranoid here but is it potentially being overstated by the club? It offers an excuse for poor form and gets people off his back, he's not 100% fit etc. Potentially means he could be 'dropped' without the media blowing it out of proportion.

I don't think Moyes or the club are worried about what the media think. Fellaini is not some unproven player who needs defending. He has been one of the best midfielders in the league the past few years. He has had a poor start in a team playing poorly people are getting carried away. So yes your being paranoid and negative seems to be the new thing for a good few fans.

s.welstead wrote: »

The first part of your post makes sense, could be right ok.

The second part, yep your just being paranoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So, we are back to our pre-transfer window midfield options then?

Hey, I guess nobody could have seen that coming could they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The match was quite good. The FC United fans have borrowed one or two chants from Old Trafford. They let a flare off at one stage in the first half. Pretty hilarious to see a flare set off in a non-league match.

They played some alright football. They can play but they choose not to a lot of the time. Work ethic is lacking in some players. Could be a fitness issue.

Rhodri Giggs, Ryan's estranged brother, plays for them. We spent an age trying to work out which one he was, and just as we thought we had figured it out we were told he wasn't even on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Mike Phelan has landed himself the job of CEO of Insperity! :eek:

Mike Phelan has landed himself the job of CEO of Insperity! :eek:

*video of Mike Phelan*

He'll never do well, too much of a "yes man".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

who from the squad is NOT away on international duty this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like Hernandez is hinting at a move of he can't break into the starting line up according to sky after her gave an interview while on international duties with Mexico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like Hernandez is hinting at a move of he can't break into the starting line up according to sky after her gave an interview while on international duties with Mexico

It would be hard to begrudge the lad a move if his future at Utd is similar to his last season or so. Must feel he is wasting some of his best years on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

jaykay74 wrote: »
    It would be hard to begrudge the lad a move if his future at Utd is similar to his last season or so. Must feel he is wasting some of his best years on the bench.

Agreed with you 100%. I love him and appreciate his great services and goals that gotten United few trophies. I hated to see him on the bench , i want to see him play week in week out . If he goes, i will always applause him, even if he is at City and Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Definitely thought he should have been brought on, on Saturday, RVP was poor enough.

It is one of DM big tests to bring off or drop the really big, experienced names when they aren't performing eg RVP, Vidic, Rio.

I said in an earlier post that my main fear is a lack of the same fear/respect that some personalities might have for a less experienced manager. It leads to complacency and thus sloppiness in performances which is what we have seen this season from some.

It is not right that some players would have this atitude but you can't legislate for every individual personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Unfortunately for Chico he is our 4th best striker. His game outside of the box is average at best. If he wants to be challenging for a spot, then he needs to improve that part of his game. There is no room for poachers really in the modern game, past being used as impact subs. Too much is required of a front 1 or 2, that Chico simply falls behind. Everyone loves him, we all wish him well, but putting him in ahead of the other three would be logic of the heart, not the mind .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Totally agree he's close to being mexico leading goal scorer and pretty much starts all there games but yet can't make our starting 11 ,
    The funny thing if he did leave I'd guarantee he would go on to be a proper goal machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Chico he is our 4th best striker. His game outside of the box is average at best. If he wants to be challenging for a spot, then he needs to improve that part of his game. There is no room for poachers really in the modern game, past being used as impact subs. Too much is required of a front 1 or 2, that Chico simply falls behind. Everyone loves him, we all wish him well, but putting him in ahead of the other three would be logic of the heart, not the mind .

So you think Welbeck deserves to be infront of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would say Chico is out third best striker, behind RVP and Rooney - though Chico could probably be better than RVP is at the moment.

I can see why Welbeck has been selected ahead of him, as Welbeck hasn't actually played as a striker. he has been played off the front on the wing or around the 'hole' to augment the midfield, rather than lead the line or break behind. Chico is not suited to that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

he's third best. Unfortunately he's behind two of the best strikers in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

His game outside the box is no longer average, it's actually very good, he's shown that every time he's played recently.

If we're actually talking about strikers, then I would have him ahead of Welbeck. Welbeck isn't played ahead of Hernandez because he's a better striker, because he's not, he plays ahead of him because he's a better winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not anymore. He has improved his game so much from, his link up play and dribbling is good now. Even he plays passes that leads to assits more than Welbeck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can see him ending up at Atletico in January i think they were in for him before. He would score a serious amount of goals in the Spanish league. Probably the only player i ever think who i wouldn't mind seeing leave even though he would be a big miss. He is far too good a player at his age to be warming benches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Januzzi for England!

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bull****, are you still reading the Sun from 2 years ago? don't know what you've been looking at, 2 seasons ago you could have said that but ALL of last season his general play outside the box has been as good as Wellbeck and his finishing is far superior, in the recent Liverpool game he had a moment of sublime play when he trapped a ball dead 30 yards out, dropped the shoulder one way, went the other and played a lovely pass into Kags.
    His all round game has improved exponentially, honestly your comment is just dross. What Wellbeck gives you that Chico doesn't is versatility, he can be played on either wing and also behind the striker, playing chico means he plays up top on the shoulder of the last defender. You can chop and change with Wellbeck during games if they're not going your way, with Chico you can't.

If he left, and I hope he doesn't (but can see why he would want to) I would support him not matter what club he was at, just not in the games he was to play against us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd have him at Newcastle.:P Fantastic player imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Adnans agent has been giving updates on contract talks.
    “Adnan is through and through a professional,” De Vriese said.
    “This is due to his father teaching him discipline since his youth, Adnan is now bearing the fruits of that.

“Nothing has changed in comparison to a few weeks ago. Adnan still hasn’t picked who he is going to play for and will not do so until he is a regular starter for Manchester United.”

De Vriese also confirmed that although negotiations with United stalled following Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, they have now gathered pace quickly again.

He continued: ”In the meanwhile they are busy to extend his deal at United which is due to expire at the end of the season.

“The negotiations have been taking place for a while now but I will not comment on how far it has come or if we are close to agreeing a deal.
    “What I can say is that a lot of European top clubs have contacted us about he availability of Adnan but because we have to be very discreet about this matter we can not tell you the names of clubs that have contacted us."

“If by 1 January no new deal has been signed, Adnan is free to speak to other clubs.”

http://thepeoplesperson.com/januzajs-agent-gives-new-negotiations-update-and-laughs-off-60k-per-week-claims/

Fabio maybe looking towards an exit along with Chico
    Manchester United defender Fabio has confirmed that he's looking to leave the club if things don't turn around regarding performances. The young Brazilian has seen his twin Rafael work his way to be a first choice for the team but his own career path hasn't gone as well as he'd have liked.

Fabio was speaking to ESPN in Brazil and said "I don't know, man. I think the time has come and maybe in the next window or even next season, I think I might leave. There are good possibilities."

"I'm looking for other clubs. There's nothing certain, we'll leave it for later".
    "I want to be happy, man. I want to play, I want to be happy, I want to be close to my family. I may go back to Brazil, or maybe not, I'm checking with my manager to see what is the best for me."

"The affection I have for Fluminense is very big, for sure. I played there for seven years, and certainly if I have to go back to Fluminense I'm going with great pride because I have a special affection for them."

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/fabio-explains-he-s-looking-for-a-new-club-and-could-leave-manche?xg_source=activity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would assume this comment is relating to international football rather than club football.

“Nothing has changed in comparison to a few weeks ago. Adnan still hasn’t picked who he is going to play for and will not do so until he is a regular starter for Manchester United.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Would assume this comment is relating to international football rather than club football.

possibly but it could equally mean club too. hopefully he gets more and more starts in the next couple of months and a deal is struck

It is, something similar was said in a tv interview with one of the Belgian coaches also (it was very clear that he was talking about his international future), but I would bet it will be twisted to make it look like he was saying he wont sign a new deal unless he is getting regular football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Big turnaround of players next summer, Fabio and Butter going with Baines coming in, Rio retiring depending on the season he has which hasn't been great so far with a top quality CB coming in. Young, Ando and kagawa leaving with 2 CM's coming in. Giggs retiring aswell. Potentially Hernandez leaving for 20 odd million going towards the 4 new top signings needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nolars wrote: »
    Big turnaround of players next summer, Fabio and Butter going with Baines coming in, Rio retiring depending on the season he has which hasn't been great so far with a top quality CB coming in. Young, Ando and kagawa leaving with 2 CM's coming in. Giggs retiring aswell. Potentially Hernandez leaving for 20 odd million going towards the 4 new top signings needed.

You where meant to post this in the Championship Manager forum right ? :pac:

4 top signings........ Wake me up when that happens :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

You where meant to post this in the Championship Manager forum right ? :pac:

4 top signings........ Wake me up when that happens :P

haha yea, but if we clear out all the deadweight I would imagine we could afford it and it is needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nolars wrote: »
    haha yea, but if we clear out all the deadweight I would imagine we could afford it and it is needed.

Ahh, youthful exuberance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Our St. Stephen's Day kick off against Hull is at 12.45. Crap time for a game. I always look forward to a later game in the pub after eating the dinner.

The Newcastle game has been changed to 12.45 on the 7th of December. Hopefully our youth cert assessments will be over early enough or else I'll miss this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I think a fairly radical summer is certainly feasible. By that stage Moyes will have a far greatly knowledge of his players, who he likes / dislikes, and who he was to keep and move on.

Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, and RVP all need to be replaced in the not so distant future, I think the bulk of those players could be bought next summer. Could also see a few fringe players being shown the door.

At the minute, Moyes is managing Fergusons team, he will want to put his own stamp on the club, were in transition as it is, I think it's just lining up to be a big summer. Let's hope the scouting is up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fenix wrote: »
    I think a fairly radical summer is certainly feasible. By that stage Moyes will have a far greatly knowledge of his players, who he likes / dislikes, and who he was to keep and move on.

Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, and RVP all need to be replaced in the not so distant future, I think the bulk of those players could be bought next summer. Could also see a few fringe players being shown the door.

At the minute, Moyes is managing Fergusons team, he will want to put his own stamp on the club, were in transition as it is, I think it's just lining up to be a big summer. Let's hope the scouting is up to scratch.

Cicharito would be RvP's ready made replacement for me. We just have to keep him around for long enough and make sure his development doesn't get stunted. This would all have been simpler if RvP hadn't been bought in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Pro. F wrote: »
    Cicharito would be RvP's ready made replacement for me. We just have to keep him around for long enough and make sure his development doesn't get stunted. This would all have been simpler if RvP hadn't been bought in the first place.

ah jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

macslash wrote: »
    ah jesus..

He makes a valid point, Chico would be banging in goals as our first choice striker or as a partner to Rooney if RVP hadn't been bought, however RVPs quality was so great that a chance to sign him couldn't be refused.

Pro. F wrote: »

RVP is 30 or 31 and his game is not based on speed. IMO he will age well and remains the same player. I'm not sure Hernandez will be happy with bench role for another 2-3 years as he is not youngster anymore.

So Fabio said in an interview that he might leave in the next window or season as he is not getting games. Such a shame if we lose him. He should have been back up for RB and LB, when Rafael missed the games he should have played all games instead of Jones and Smalling as RB. And how Buttner gets games ahead of Fabio is beyond me.

Hopefully he stays and becomes our first choice LB next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement