Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Robson99 wrote: »
    Would agree with this however I dont think the Stretford End will put up with bad performances. He has got to get the team playing good football and not long ball stuff

They have been putting up with bad performances since before Moyes took the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

United haven't been "a joy to watch" in years, but sure that's obviously all because of Moyes.

the thing is, 2 world class creative ball players can change things around dramatically. Moyes knew this....he has as yet, not solved it and probably wont be able to do it until next summer.

its not rocket science - any half clued in man, half interested in football knew United had a problem in midfield. Moyes knew this, then dilly dallied about solving it, then panicked, then said he was happy, now he is saying again we need world class players.

my fear is that he sees Baines as one of these and it will just result in more crossing, most neandertal football and less creativity through the middle (even thats even possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Is the problem too much bad crossing or the quality of our wingers?

We crossed the ball plenty when we had players like Kanchelskis, Sharpe, Beckham and Giggs hogging the flanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Also, again, I repeat our creativity through the middle is not helped by the fact we are playing with 2 strikers when almost everyone else has a true no.10 AM.... I thought Rooney would fill this role and he is playing ok but he is playing as a second striker leaving us playing nearly a conventional 442 with 2 deep lying CM.
    I've no problem with 2 deep CM but you need someone in front of them and Rooney isn't performing the role we need if what we need is creativity through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ericzeking wrote: »

Maybe it is the quality of the wingers - but if your wingers aren't good enough to cross the ball as required then don't base your game plan around crossing the ball at every opportunity.

So, at 'best' the issue is both tactics and quality

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ericzeking wrote: »

We crossed the ball plenty when we had players like Kanchelskis, Sharpe, Beckham and Giggs hogging the flanks.

Its the style of crossing that is getting people annoyed,all them bar Beckham you could say were able to beat a man take it to the by line and get a cross in,now Evra for example is crossing from further out the field which seems to be favouring the opposition defence so far,maybe it is down to the quality of wingers we have.

This kind of play will have to stop if Moyes wants to get the best out of RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

the strettie will be the one part of the ground, that will support him until the end. its the clowns who sit elsewhere who will turn on him first.

Suffering Christ. Who needs opposing fans to taunt us when we have our own snobbish stretty enders are the real fans mentaillity going on. Childish stuff.

Suffering Christ. Who needs opposing fans to taunt us when we have our own snobbish stretty enders are the real fans mentaillity going on. Childish stuff.

its a known fact that the vast majority of atmosphere and support/noise comes from the stretford end. its not even up for debate.

are you honestly f*cking denying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Maybe it is the quality of the wingers - but if your wingers aren't good enough to cross the ball as required then don't base your game plan around crossing the ball at every opportunity.

So, at 'best' the issue is both tactics and quality

I think part of the problem is Moyes and the team seem to be getting caught between wanting to play 442 and 4231. When wingers are played and you expect your 2 ctr fwds to be in the box and a midfielder attacking. The way we are playing we have crosses coming in and only RVP in the box. Rooney and the 2 middle of the park players are 30yds from goal. If he wants to be playing 442 push rooney up top or else play Hernandez up there with RVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Italian football so weak Juventus would be unable to hold on to Paul Pogba if offer came long, says president
    Italian football has become so weak that Juventus would be unable to turn down a "massive" offer for Paul Pogba, according to the Serie A club's president.

Pogba only joined Juve from Manchester United in a controversial free transfer just over a year ago but Andrea Agnelli admitted they would be forced to sell him if a rival club came calling.

Agnelli, who was scathing about the financial state of the Italian game at the Leaders in Football conference in London, said: "Italy is no longer a final destination but a transit destination.

"I'm trying to think what will be of us in two or three years' time if we get a massive offer for one of the best talents we've got today, Pogba.

"Will we be able to retain him? I don't know. I don't think, at the moment, we have the strength to retain such a player.

Look at what happened to AC Milan. They had to give away Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to pay the cheques.

"At the end of the day, you can be attractive. But you also need to have the economic strength."

Pogba quit United last summer after running his contract down.

Former team-mate Patrice Evra this week described his departure as "truly a huge loss".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10369336/Italian-football-so-weak-Juventus-would-be-unable-to-hold-on-to-Paul-Pogba-if-offer-came-long-says-president.html

If we have any chance, how will ManUtd fans welcome him?

I for one would love to see him back. Fantastic player and will go on to become one of the best CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its a known fact that the vast majority of atmosphere and support/noise comes from the stretford end. its not even up for debate.

Its still an incredibly snobby thing to say in fairness

Akin to, I go to more matches then you, Im a real fan etc

kryogen wrote: »
    Its still an incredibly snobby thing to say

speaking the truth, is snobby? parts of the North Stand booed the team off after West Brom, you think that is right? parts of the East stand are good, but there are parts of the ground that are a disgrace and some games, these people are better off staying at home as they offer no support to the team at all.

its not akin to anything by the way, no need for this real fan s*it as those debates are normally for people who have a chip on their shoulder about something and there is no need for any of us to go down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

parts of the ground that are a disgrace and some games, these people are better off staying at home as they offer no support to the team at all.

To be fair, they've paid for their tickets, the players are getting paid to win games, the fans can do what they please at games, its not like the club are paying them to support the team.

Anytime I go, I always support the team no matter what, and I'd like all fans to do the same, but they aren't obligated to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Italian football so weak Juventus would be unable to hold on to Paul Pogba if offer came long, says president

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10369336/Italian-football-so-weak-Juventus-would-be-unable-to-hold-on-to-Paul-Pogba-if-offer-came-long-says-president.html

If we have any chance, how will ManUtd fans welcome him?

I for one would love to see him back. Fantastic player and will go on to become one of the best CM.
    would say the chances of him accepting a move back to united are slim to nil

The question of noise levels never came into it. Branding all other sections bar the Stretford end as clowns is one of the most elilist and disgusting comments I have seen on here, that includes other comments Pool and City fans have left on here.

Kroygen is right. I get over about 3-5 times a year if I'm lucky, attendance is not a measure of the fan. I have a house to heat and to keep payments on and a job I need to go to every day and a manager to keep happy if I want to eat, drink and even attempt to get away. I don't know your circumstances so unlike you I wont make generalisations but all of I as all of us would love to be able to financially afford to go to every game and to have that much time away from a job afforded to us.

I don't know which game I can get to from week to week or where in OT I can get a seat. I'm sure its great seeing the same faces in the Streety every home game and you are blessed to be able to do it but please refrain with the real fan ****e as its disrespectful for us who would like to but can't get over as often.

• Advertisement

The question of noise levels never came into it. Branding all other sections bar the Stretford end as clowns is one of the most elilist and disgusting comments I have seen on here, that includes other comments Pool and City fans have left on here.

Kroygen is right. I get over about 3-5 times a year if I'm lucky, attendance is not a measure of the fan. I have a house to heat and to keep payments on and a job I need to go to every day and a manager to keep happy if I want to eat, drink and even attempt to get away. I don't know your circumstances so unlike you I wont make generalisations but all of I as all of us would love to be able to financially afford to go to every game and to have that much time away from a job afforded to us.

I don't know which game I can get to from week to week or where in OT I can get a seat. I'm sure its great seeing the same faces in the Streety every home game and you are blessed to be able to do it but please refrain with the real fan ****e as its disrespectful for us who would like to but can't get over as often.

lol lad, your going to explode. read my comment, and read it again and again and read it properly until you can understand it. youve gone off on dose of PMS for no reason, what i said is the simple truth, fans in other sections boo our team and dont give them the support the team deserves.

its not disgusting, its not vile, its no snobby nor is it elitest, its simple cold facts. and i dont see what this has got to do with your heating bills or your manager at work nor how many times you go, people who go 3-5 times a year can stand in the stretie as well as anywhere else in the stadium so stop making s*it up that has nothing to do with what i am talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

The question of noise levels never came into it. Branding all other sections bar the Stretford end as clowns is one of the most elilist and disgusting comments I have seen on here, that includes other comments Pool and City fans have left on here

He didn't that though did he? He said 'its the clowns who sit elsewhere who will turn on him first'. He did not say 'everyone who sits elsewhere is a clown'. There is a big difference.

Also, lol at you using the word 'disgusting'! Talk about hyperbole, you are literally trying to be offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Believe me there's quite a few 'clowns' in the stretford end too. I've met quite a few of these over the last few months.

Where you're sitting has no impact on what type of fan you are. There's clowns everywhere in the every part of every stadium in the world.

Feck off with your elitist bs.

lol lad, your going to explode. read my comment, and read it again and again and read it properly until you can understand it. youve gone off on dose of PMS for no reason, what i said is the simple truth, fans in other sections boo our team and dont give them the support the team deserves.

its not disgusting, its not vile, its no snobby nor is it elitest, its simple cold facts. and i dont see what this has got to do with your heating bills or your manager at work nor how many times you go, people who go 3-5 times a year can stand in the stretie as well as anywhere else in the stadium so stop making s*it up that has nothing to do with what i am talking about.

I read it clearly the first time thank you. Trying to say i picked it up wrong is a weak defense. You clearly said Its the clowns who sit elsehwhere

If you didn't intend to insult fellow UTD fans and highlight your us (the streety enders) vs them (all the other clown in all the other seats bar the streety) mentaility you should learn how to word and articulate yourself better.

I wont bother rising (or sinking, I'm not sure which it is) to the pms and they'd be better off staying at home crap you followed up with.

As for people booing and not supporting the team. It was mentioned that they paid there ticket price and are free to express their opinion as they please, I don't agree with it but not all fans can be perfect like those in the Streety. I'm sure there is not one clown amongst them.

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    He didn't that though did he? He said 'its the clowns who sit elsewhere who will turn on him first'. He did not say 'everyone who sits elsewhere is a clown'. There is a big difference.

Also, lol at you using the word 'disgusting'! Talk about hyperbole, you are literally trying to be offended.

Clowns, plural. Elsewhere, not where I am sitting. Everyone else who is not in the streety = clowns.

He may have narrowed down sections in later posts but his original showed a pretty elitist opinion. Labeling whole sections as clowns is just as bad, How in a stadium of 75,000 can you accurately summarise who is booing in what section, or who is a clown is such a ridiculous viewpoint. You can't really summarise so just label them as clowns, which is dumb, snobbish etc.

• Advertisement

Clowns, plural. Elsewhere, not where I am sitting. Everyone else who is not in the streety = clowns.

Not what he said in any of his posts. Yes he did use plural, I'm not sure why you felt the need to point that out, seeing as no-one disagreed.

But plural does not mean everyone else. Normally I would have thought that wouldn't need pointing out, but here we are.

Just to clarify, he did not has say that everyone else who is not in the Stretford End is a clown. If you disagree with that, can show me where it was said, or why you disagree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

The creative writing forum is over there
    >>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bloody hell. Is this what the bickering on boards has come to? Everyone take a big step back and relax. Nobody needs to get upset and defensive over this. Certain parts of the stadium have noisier fans than others and some fans boo. Let's just leave it at that basic fact and stop all the willy waving.

Lets take about football! Do you think Wayne Rooney will have a good game if he's stuck in midfield which might be a possibility for England? Even if he plays off the front behind Sturridge, he will be deeper than he is when he plays with RVP. They simply cannot afford to lose this one and he'll be tasked with defensive duties he may not want.

After his comments about hating playing in midfield a few days ago, do you think he'll still have a good game if that's where Hodgeson sticks him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kirby wrote: »
    he will be deeper than he is when he plays with RVP. They simply cannot afford to lose this one and he'll be tasked with defensive duties he may not want.

I think he's going to be the main striker with Sturridge and Welbz as wing forwards and three CMs (Gerrard, Lampard and Wilshere) so he probably won't have to track back loads.... my opinion of course., i could be whay off.

You think Sturridge will be shunted out to the wing even though he is scoring regularly through the middle for Liverpool? Big call that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He may have narrowed down sections in later posts but his original showed a pretty elitist opinion. Labeling whole sections as clowns is just as bad, How in a stadium of 75,000 can you accurately summarise who is booing in what section, or who is a clown is such a ridiculous viewpoint. You can't really summarise so just label them as clowns, which is dumb, snobbish etc.
    Not what he said in any of his posts. Yes he did use plural, I'm not sure why you felt the need to point that out, seeing as no-one disagreed.

But plural does not mean everyone else. Normally I would have thought that wouldn't need pointing out, but here we are.

Just to clarify, he did not has say that everyone else who is not in the Stretford End is a clown. If you disagree with that, can show me where it was said, or why you disagree?

Is the point here not that Your Airbag thinks Homer said everyone outside of the Stretford End is a clown, and Homer has clarified that he didn't mean that?

What's the issue? The original post was unclear, it's been clarified. Just stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kirby wrote: »
    You think Sturridge will be shunted out to the wing even though he is scoring regularly through the middle for Liverpool? Big call that.

Yeah, we'll see. Either that or Sturridge will be on the bench with some other winger playing instead. Any, OT.

So you only take my first sentence and leave out the part where i explained how he went onto to mention sections and it was as equally as poor.

Let it go lads.........

The creative writing forum is over there
    >>>>

the ladies lounge would be more applicable.

• Advertisement

As ridiculous as your "the clowns that sit elsewhere" comment was, it's especially hilarious to see you say this. Serious LOL.

Sacramento wrote: »
    As ridiculous as your "the clowns that sit elsewhere" comment was, it's especially hilarious to see you say this. Serious LOL.

The irony is even heavier when you read this
    the ladies lounge would be more applicable.

So you only take my first sentence and leave out the part where i explained how he went onto to mention sections and it was as equally as poor.

Yes I picked out the part of your sentence where you blatantly lied, which I found particularly strange considering I had already explained why you were wrong

Yes I picked out the part of your sentence where you blatantly lied, which I found particularly strange considering I had already explained why you were wrong

Lied? Homers post was worded badly as I said. I gave the examples of his poor use of plurals etc. If he didn't want people thinking he meant this he should have taken more care in his post. Then I clearly explained he may have highlighted certain sections, ie that I was aware after his initial post he better explained and picked sections. I also though branding whole stands as clowns was not great either.

All of this is still being ignored by you. You are explaining nothing to nobody, your just ignoring what was said after his clowns post which many people disagreed with.

Its quite clear homers clowns post reaked of elitism and even after mentioning other sections it hasn't improved. The Streety rules attitude was and is clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

When you find yourself having an extended argument criticizing a position that no one is even claiming to hold is when you know you need to put your effort into your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is Vidal still more important than Pogba at Juventus, and about what was said earlier about Juve not being able to refuse a massive offer for one of their stars, didnt they turn down a massive offer for Vidal from Real in the summer?

keane2097 wrote: »
    When you find yourself having an extended argument criticizing a position that no one is even claiming to hold is when you know you need to put your effort into your job.

If your talking about the everyone is a clown but the streetys yeah we got over it, its been said twice now, I'm sure he didn't mean everyone else but just a fair majority.

Its the general attitude of superiority that irks people and rightly so. Anyway I'll drop it.

Different cheeks of the same arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most people are clowns in the north and south stands tbf, never a peep from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The last few pages:

laughing-puppets-o.gif

Ye have all gone mad & there isn't even a league game this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Superiority complex rares its head in this thread fairly often, sad but true!

International week is booooooooring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i like man utd.

utd r my fav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

If that is true get young out now :)

Wayne Rooney – £180,000
    Robin van Persie – £180,000
    Rio Ferdinand – £110,000
    Nemanja Vidic – £90,000
    Ashley Young – £90,000
    Luis Nani – £90,000
    Patrice Evra – £75,000
    Tom Cleverley – £75,000
    Ryan Giggs – £70,000
    Javier Hernandez – £60,000
    Shinji Kagawa – £60,000
    Antonio Valencia – £60,000
    Michael Carrick – £55,000
    David De Gea – £50,000
    Danny Welbeck – £50,000
    Darren Fletcher – £50,000
    Jonny Evans – £45,000
    Andres Lindegaard – £45,000
    Chris Smalling – £40,000
    Phil Jones – £40,000
    Rafael da Silva – £40,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Tom Cleverley is getting £75,000? What in the mother fuck...

we will have room for another superstar next summer if Giggs and Rio retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Evans and Raf less than 45k and Clev getting 75k, sometimes you wonder who's in charge of these thing at United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Ashley Young at £90k is the most outlandish of them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

David De Gea – £50,000

He'll need a big bump in the next year or two, plus some more medals, if United are to keep him from returning to Spain.

Was mentioned during the summer but don't think anything happened.
    De Gea currently earns £55,000 per week on a contract that expires in 2016, but United want to extend that for a further two years and bump his pay to £75,000 per week.

Also doubt that Rooney figure is true, that'd put him under 10m, general consensus the last time he signed a contract was that he's taking home 12-15m from United.

I reckon he gets at least 200k before bonuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Also doubt that Rooney figure is true, that'd put him under 10m, general consensus the last time he signed a contract was that he's taking home 12-15m from United.

I reckon he gets at least 200k before bonuses

You should know!

You should know!

Forbes say he took home 17.6m in wages/winnings. How much of that is winnings?

Even if the winnings are 5m, which is unlikely for one player, that puts him on >230k a week. I'm just looking at it logically

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement