Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Carrick should be on a bit more given his importance to team over the last while, he's nearly on the breadline in football terms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Michael Keane is starting for the England u-21s tonight and has scored, Ravel also starts.

Lingard has just come on and Zaha is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/343763/Adnan-Januzaj-I-m-learning-from-Man-Utd-stars-Shinji-Kagawa-and-Ryan-Giggs

Would love to see Adnan on the left and kags in the center the movement and composure on the ball would be awesome. But I think kagawa will be gone in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

well lads have I missed anything exciting in here in last day or two in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

well lads have I missed anything exciting in here in last day or two in here?

A good bit of sniping and bitching but feck all football talk. No need to read back through i think!!

A good bit of sniping and bitching but feck all football talk. No need to read back through i think!!

nothing new so:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

We all love a bit of sniping these days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is the point here not that Your Airbag thinks Homer said everyone outside of the Stretford End is a clown

funny-sports-fans-274.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Juve stirring things up
    Juventus GM Beppe Marotta has warned Manchester United that they can expect another case like Paul Pogba if the English club do not sign Adnan Januzaj for a long-term contract.

"They fear another Pogba case?

"They are right, but frankly I do not understand how they can come to having just months left on the player's contract with no sign of renewing," taunted Marotta in Tuttosport.

http://sportpulse.net/content/juventus-issue-warning-manchester-united-about-januzaj-11578

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

There ones to talk, shouldnt they have enough to worry about with pirlos contract nevermind januzaj

I know what ye mean, but he has a point.

I think he will sign up though. Confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

speaking the truth, is snobby? parts of the North Stand booed the team off after West Brom, you think that is right? parts of the East stand are good, but there are parts of the ground that are a disgrace and some games, these people are better off staying at home as they offer no support to the team at all.

its not akin to anything by the way, no need for this real fan s*it as those debates are normally for people who have a chip on their shoulder about something and there is no need for any of us to go down that route.

You made a sweeping statement calling every fan that sits outside the Stretford End a clown.

No point in moving the goal posts now or trying to change the angle.

That's what you did, that's what was snobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the strettie will be the one part of the ground, that will support him until the end. its the clowns who sit elsewhere who will turn on him first.

there were boos from the north stand after west brom, the team was clapped off down the tunnel by those in the strettie.

Are you actually going to deny what you said and how it comes across?

whats the point like?

Edit: I read the rest of the thread and see it has been discussed to death so that's the end of it for me. /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

nothing new so:pac:

The misogyny is new I think! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

kryogen wrote: »
    You made a sweeping statement calling every fan that sits outside the Stretford End a clown.

He didn't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

When I go to games, be they soccer, GAA, rugby whatever I don't tend to sing as, besides not wanting to feel like a tit when I can't remember all the words to all the chants, I like to concentrate fully on the game a bit like the way I prefer watching games on my own at home where possible instead of going to the pub. I have however stood in the Stretford End.

I'm all confused......
    What category of fan do I fall into?

ericzeking wrote: »
    When I go to games, be they soccer, GAA, rugby whatever I don't tend to sing as, besides not wanting to feel like a tit when I can't remember all the words to all the chants, I like to concentrate fully on the game a bit like the way I prefer watching games on my own at home where possible instead of going to the pub. I have however stood in the Stretford End.

I'm all confused......
    What category of fan do I fall into?

When you were in the Stretford end not singing, you were a real UTD fan. When you were not in the Stretford not singing, you were a clown and would have been better off staying at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This discussion is finished now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An interesting video on how football has been sanitised.I don't miss the bad stuff of the violence but the atmosphere back in the day was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: The sniping in this thread is getting old fast. Cop on and end it, or cards will follow.

Edit: Mars Bar beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I know what ye mean, but he has a point.

I think he will sign up though. Confident.

It really is irritating that we lost Pogba in part to letting him get into the last year of his contract - and now we are risking Januzaj in the same way. Are no lessons learned at this club?

zerks wrote: »
    An interesting video on how football has been sanitised.I don't miss the bad stuff of the violence but the atmosphere back in the day was amazing.

alot of things in there are very very misguided.

the thing about the average age for example is due in part to the fact that those people who were 19 years old 20+ years ago, are the ones who are still going to the games. i know lads whove had season tickets since the 70's for instance.

and i can guarantee you, the average age of the stretford end, is much younger than 43, its more closer to 23.

the main reason for poor atmosphere is the fact that people are made sit down. the games where people stand more, are the games where the atmosphere is much better. for all the big games we are allowed to stand, for all the others we have made sit down. its definately a huge reason why games against the likes of Stoke and West Ham are generally poor atmosphere. ticket prices are another reason for atmosphere and then the larger capacity means more tourists or daytrippers as some call them.

if they want a better atmosphere, they have to allow people to stand in between their seats.

alot of things in there are very very misguided.

the thing about the average age for example is due in part to the fact that those people who were 19 years old 20+ years ago, are the ones who are still going to the games. i know lads whove had season tickets since the 70's for instance.

and i can guarantee you, the average age of the stretford end, is much younger than 43, its more closer to 23.

the main reason for poor atmosphere is the fact that people are made sit down. the games where people stand more, are the games where the atmosphere is much better.

Yeah,I found it very agenda (anti Glazer) driven but there were some good points.

At least we aren't like City,they plan to up the capacity of Eastlands to 61k even though they can't even fill the seats they have.Even the weekend before their UCL game vs Bayern they were advertising tickets for sale.

BTW,the new singing section in OT is being trialled during the Sociadad game.

At least we aren't like City,they plan to up the capacity of Eastlands to 61k even though they can't even fill the seats they have.

this "city cant fill their seats" things is now a myth, their stadium is full practically all the time.

of course, this in part is due to their success of late and alot of new, plastic fans, but none the less, we and all the big clubs have them ourselves so i dont think we can take the moral high ground there :o.

the main reason games go on general sale the week before hand, is that the away team sends back tickets. in certain United games, there often are an extra 2,000 tickets going on sale the week of the game. Clubs like Fulham, Pompy, Wigan have sent back in the past, up to 3,000 tickets to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

then the larger capacity means more tourists or daytrippers as some call them.

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

this "city cant fill their seats" things is now a myth, their stadium is full practically all the time.

of course, this in part is due to their success of late and alot of new, plastic fans, but none the less, we and all the big clubs have them ourselves so i dont think we can take the moral high ground there :o.

the main reason games go on general sale the week before hand, is that the away team sends back tickets. in certain United games, there often are an extra 2,000 tickets going on sale the week of the game. Clubs like Fulham, Pompy, Wigan have sent back in the past, up to 3,000 tickets to us.

i dont know. was watching the bayern game and even the commentator made reference that surprisingly there were a lot of home seats empty.

and with the plastic fans the "where were you when ye were ...... ;)" springs to mind

I know its goal.com but its the first I have heard on Rooneys contract talks

Wayne Rooney is refusing to open talks on a new Manchester United contract.

Despite describing himself this week as “happy” and “settled” at Old Trafford, the striker still wants to explore the possibility of leaving the club. It is understood that Rooney’s camp have rejected a recent approach from United chiefs to start talks on extending his contract, which expires at the end of next season.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4016/main/2013/10/11/4325583/rooney-rejects-manchester-united-contract-advances?ICID=HP_BN_11

Dortmund want Kagawa back but are not willing to sell any defenders as part of a deal. The "Daily Mail"
    Jurgen Klopp still wants to take Shinji Kagawa back to Borussia Dortmund but will not allow Manchester United to strengthen their defence by including Neven Subotic as part of the deal.
    Kagawa has become a peripheral figure under recently-appointed United manager David Moyes, and a part-exchange involving Subotic was aired as a possible solution to his growing frustration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2451740/EXCLUSIVE-Jurgen-Klopp-tells-David-Moyes--Ill-Shanji-Kagawa-hands-defenders.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I know its goal.com but its the first I have heard on Rooneys contract talks

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4016/main/2013/10/11/4325583/rooney-rejects-manchester-united-contract-advances?ICID=HP_BN_11

Dortmund want Kagawa back but are not willing to sell any defenders as part of a deal. The "Daily Mail"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2451740/EXCLUSIVE-Jurgen-Klopp-tells-David-Moyes--Ill-Shanji-Kagawa-hands-defenders.html

Grand we'll take Klopp in exchange :D

If we were looking to do a swap deal with Dortmund then I would say Gundogan should be the one we push for. A player that plays a position we actually need - crazy to expect United to do business based on logic though!

• Advertisement

I'm not talking about Fulham etc. these are the European Champions who filled their quota.I personally know a few die hard City fans who were season ticket holders but have now been priced out of going to games.
    Next time City are on tv take a look at the top tiers of the stands,acres of empty seats.

Anyhow,back to United: Anybody know anything about this Will Hughes kid at Derby? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2453925/Brendan-Rodgers-ready-battle-Manchester-United-Will-Hughes.html

Speaking of empty seats - the Glazers must be paying a fortune for a load of them in Tampa.

They have said they are going to buy the seats in the difference between 85% full and what was actually sold - which looks like a massive amount.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/26/bucs-announce-all-home-games-will-be-televised/

Picture-7-2329511.png

De Gea to sign a new contract which will give him a £15k a week payrise & keep him here until 2018 at least:)

as he is playing right now, Kagawa wouldnt be much of a loss.

a player swap, with the right player of course, would be ideal for us. still leaves us short even more creativity, but as he is, he is not much use.

do those who have faith in him, think he will come good or are ye losing this faith?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

It really is irritating that we lost Pogba in part to letting him get into the last year of his contract - and now we are risking Januzaj in the same way. Are no lessons learned at this club?

you cant make a player sign a contract, its very much in the players interest particularly if they are highly rated, to allow the contract go into the final year. There's actually very little a club can do.

a player swap, with the right player of course, would be ideal for us. still leaves us short even more creativity, but as he is, he is not much use.

do those who have faith in him, think he will come good or are ye losing this faith?

I think if Moyes showed faith in him and used him in a way somewhat close to allowing him to use his talents (either AMC or free role from the left) then he could be excellent for us.

Asking him to play as a left winger in the same way Valencia plays on the right won't work.

I'm losing faith that he will come good not because I doubt his talent (I don't) - but because I have no faith that Moyes knows how to or wants to use him.

you cant make a player sign a contract, its very much in the players interest particularly if they are highly rated, to allow the contract go into the final year. There's actually very little a club can do.

But the impression I get is that we are waiting until the summer, or close to the summer where we get into the 12month count down.

I don't think we have been discussing this deal with Adnan since summer 2012, or Pogba from the 2 year mark on his deal.

Allowing it to even get close to 12 months down before making a real effort to tie the player down is stupid.

If we were looking to do a swap deal with Dortmund then I would say Gundogan should be the one we push for. A player that plays a position we actually need - crazy to expect United to do business based on logic though!

we would probably go after their keeper,left back and wingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Speaking of empty seats - the Glazers must be paying a fortune for a load of them in Tampa.

They have said they are going to buy the seats in the difference between 85% full and what was actually sold - which looks like a massive amount.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/26/bucs-announce-all-home-games-will-be-televised/

Its a problem with NFL teams in florida espically with the Bucs and Jags. College football is bigger than the NFL is some states and unless the team has a history (Dolphins) they generally struggle to get support. This hasnt been helped by the meh form over the last 8-10 years since the Bucs won a superbowl

Im suprissed that the Glazers havent offloaded the team

I wouldnt be suprissed to a team moved to London at the rate some teams are going in the states

De Gea to sign a new contract which will give him a £15k a week payrise & keep him here until 2018 at least:)

Are you actually seeing this somewhere, or just hoping for it. I see no mention of it anywhere myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Very surprised Kagawa isn't being used in a Pienaar type drift in from the left role. The Pienaar role Moyes had him play wasn't identical but there are definitely parallels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

we would probably go after their keeper,left back and wingers.

lol funny but unfortunately true!

Are you actually seeing this somewhere, or just hoping for it. I see no mention of it anywhere myself.

In UK papers this morning.

Other news is that Mancini wants Valencia to move to Galatasary: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-roberto-mancini-could-move-for-manchester-united-winger-antonio-valencia-in-bid-to-stamp-his-footprint-on-squad-8874120.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Im losing faith but I think he can adapt to a different position.....I hope....I pray :(

keane2097 wrote: »
    Very surprised Kagawa isn't being used in a Pienaar type drift in from the left role. The Pienaar role Moyes had him play wasn't identical but there are definitely parallels.

That is exactly what I thought would happen.

Im losing faith but I think he can adapt to a different position.....I hope....I pray :(

Rooney is the problem,he plays where Kagawa wants to play.

......................De Gea................

Raphael..........Jones......Vidic.......Evra

............Carrick................Fellaini.......

Nani.................Rooney..........Kagawa

........................RVP..........................

Rooney & Kagawa interchanging could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

But the impression I get is that we are waiting until the summer, or close to the summer where we get into the 12month count down.

I don't think we have been discussing this deal with Adnan since summer 2012, or Pogba from the 2 year mark on his deal.

Allowing it to even get close to 12 months down before making a real effort to tie the player down is stupid.

but he said recently talks stalled this summer, so they had started before.

if you were a player coming up and not in the team but highly sought after why would you sign before the last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

if Gala lose to Fener in a few weeks he wont be there for the window

They've been shockingly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That is exactly what I thought would happen.

What do you reckon then, just doesn't rate him?

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's not fully right for one reason or another. Flu can take a long time to get over fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Personally I would go for Reus. He would bring a lot of pace to our game. One of the things we are lacking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement