Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

zerks wrote: »
    Rooney is the problem,he plays where Kagawa wants to play.

......................De Gea................

Raphael..........Jones......Vidic.......Evra

............Carrick................Fellaini.......

Nani.................Rooney..........Kagawa

........................RVP..........................

Rooney & Kagawa interchanging could work.

I agree totally Zerks. I dont think Rooney is creating anything this season playing in the middle so I cant understand why Moyes doesnt play him left and Kawaga in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

NTMK wrote: »
    if Gala lose to Fener in a few weeks he wont be there for the window

They've been shockingly bad

He's only been there for two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

xtal191 wrote: »
    He's only been there for two games.

oh my mistake i taught he took over at the start of the season:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Robson99 wrote: »
    Personally I would go for Reus. He would bring a lot of pace to our game. One of the things we are lacking

I'd love Reus but we'd be looking at Kagawa + 20m I reckon for him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Ah, Joey Barton. You're some boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Robson99 wrote: »
    I agree totally Zerks. I dont think Rooney is creating anything this season playing in the middle so I cant understand why Moyes doesnt play him left and Kawaga in the middle

Rooney is playing in the number 10 position but is now playing like a centre forward,the result is a huge disconnect between the midfield & forward line,the result is lack of service to RVP and 1 goal from open play in over 8 hours of football.

People will say "oh he dropped deep in such & such a game",maybe but that's just to help out defensively,we've nothing to lose by shifting him left and playing Kagawa in the #10 position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cleverly is injured and has returned to Manchester for treatment,he'll miss England's 2 games at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Rooney is playing in the number 10 position but is now playing like a centre forward,the result is a huge disconnect between the midfield & forward line,the result is lack of service to RVP and 1 goal from open play in over 8 hours of football.

People will say "oh he dropped deep in such & such a game",maybe but that's just to help out defensively,we've nothing to lose by shifting him left and playing Kagawa in the #10 position.

Been saying the very same thing. If it's true that we're trying to get him talking about contracts then there is little chance of him playing anywhere but through the middle for the foreseeable.

However, if we could con him into signing up for 3 or 4 more years we then do what we wanted with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

ericzeking wrote: »
    Been saying the very same thing. If it's true that we're trying to get him talking about contracts then there is little chance of him playing anywhere but through the middle for the foreseeable.

However, if we could con him into signing up for 3 or 4 more years we then do what we wanted with him.

Or just cash in on him and sign someone who actually wants to play for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cleverly is injured and has returned to Manchester for treatment,he'll miss England's 2 games at least.

Hopefully he doesn't miss United games.

Think he has done well this season so far - and we have feck all options anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Or just cash in on him and sign someone who actually wants to play for the club.

I don't disagree, I wanted to sell in the summer if a suitable buyer could have been found.
    Although if you could get him signed up you could still sell at an even better price.
    I reckon SAF had something like that in mind when he originally asked to leave back in 2010 and he got him to sign a new contract. With the way things went last season I don't think his first attempt to leave was ever forgotten.

We don't want to sell within England, European clubs don't seem to want him - none bid for him in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

We don't want to sell within England, European clubs don't seem to want him - none bid for him in the summer.

I agree Mitch. I think it just goes to show that he is overrated. Personally i think his best days are over him. Only Chelsea were interested in him and that was out of desperation. It was a kick in the bum to him over the summer when no one else showed any interest in him

Hopefully he doesn't miss United games.

Think he has done well this season so far - and we have feck all options anyway.

James Ducker & Stuart Mathieson (MEN) are both reporting he's out for up to 3 weeks .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    James Ducker & Stuart Mathieson (MEN) are both reporting he's out for up to 3 weeks .

So that would put him out of Southampton next weekend, probably the Real S. game and maybe Stoke at home.

Annoying, but we should be able to do without him (especially considering he isn't a star!) but never nice to lose an option.

Hopefully Fellaini's wrist holds up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

When I said move Rooney left, I got shouted at :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Rooney left would be worse. He doesn't beat people regularly, not possessed with a great deal of pace or explosive acceleration. He'd moan about it instantly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If you're going to put Rooney on the left you've got to be prepared to lose him to another club in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

2 strikers 1 lam 1 ram 2 dm

Workable?

Fullbacks providing width.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

According to media reports Adnan Januzaj has agreed to stay with Manchester United and will sign a new contract worth £30k. #MUFC
    17 year old brazilian striker Bruno Gomes is very close to joining Manchester United from Desportivo Brasil. #MUFC #MANUTD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rooney on the left? must be international week so.

Rooney already spoke about the need for him or RVP to drop off the front so once they get uses to it things will work out nicely.

From the start it appeara United will be using the wide men in more narrow positions rather hugging the touchline, opening up space for full backs to provide the width. Kagawa should be the one of him and Rooney doing that from left or right midfield when the three lads are available. Rooney is better dropping off the front from a forward position while Kagawa is better used in build up play and making runs from deeper positions.

Fellaini started for Belguim this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Fellaini started for Belguim this evening.

any idea who else is playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

any idea who else is playing?

Evans, Kagawa, Fellaini, the English lads later, and possibly Hernandez tomorrow.

Don't know if RVP is in Holland's lineup tonight

Evans, Kagawa, Fellaini, the English lads later, and possibly Hernandez tomorrow.

Don't know if RVP is in Holland's lineup tonight

think RVP is injured and is not due to play. he certainly is a doubt anyway.

think RVP is injured and is not due to play. he certainly is a doubt anyway.

Hopefully he won't play.

They're 8 points ahead of second place in their group so I don't see why they'd play him anyway.

Rooney and Welbz start for England.

Looks like Danny Welbz playing left wing with a front two of Rooney and Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Evans really has a stupid side to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    Evans really has a stupid side to him

Sorry if I'm missing something but what do you mean?

• Advertisement

Off topic but Germany basically have their best first 11 out tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Trilla wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm missing something but what do you mean?

Evans sent off for NI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Galatasaray meant to want to sign Valencia during Christmas transfer window, for 12.5m ,I'd take the money and run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Galatasaray meant to want to sign Valencia during Christmas transfer window, for 12.5m ,I'd take the money and run.

If that's true i'd take the money too at this stage. Think he's reached the point of no return as regards confidence in himself playin for utd.

Our problem is gettin someone decent in to replace him i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Van persie has scored for Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Roy Keanes beard makes him looks like more of a psychopath.

• Advertisement

Rooney and Welbeck both up top for England

RVP with another

IvySlayer wrote: »
    RVP with another

Now joint top goalscorer for Holland .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Rooney and Welbeck both up top for England

welbeck wide, rooney behind sturridge

HAT TRICKKK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

HAT TRICKKK

So hes still in form just he gets no service at utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

RVP taken off after the hour. So we know he hasn't lost his eye for goal.

Beat me to it Nolars

He hasn't been talked about much in here since the summer but Strootman really is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

He hasn't been talked about much in here since the summer but Strootman really is something else

Certainly is a fine player and unfortunately another poor decision it would seem for us not to sign him.

On another note, kroos would really fit the bill for us. Classy player and still so young.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Quandary wrote: »
    On another note, kroos would really fit the bill for us. Classy player and still so young.

Messi is good as well. Probably similar chance of getting him as Kroos :P

I didn't want to bring it up as it just brings sadness.

Keno wrote: »
    I didn't want to bring it up as it just brings sadness.

It's annoying though, the club want Herrera who has a crazy buy out clause yet they let Roma take the underage Holland captain who is already a really good player with bags and bags of potential for £14m.

Whoever is in charge of transfers at United needs to start working harder.

not good enough, according to Moyes. We didnt need Thiago or Ozil either according to him and god knows who else.

not good enough, according to Moyes. We didnt need Thiago or Ozil either according to him and god knows who else.

Where did he say this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Keno wrote: »
    Where did he say this?

Our ole Homey never misses a chance for a dig at the manager, whether it's SAF or Moyes! :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement