Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Keno wrote: »
    Where did he say this?

its pretty common knowledge that Moyes cooled our interest in him. it was discussed by several people here, several times during the summer and well in advance of him moving to Roma.
    Our ole Homey never misses a chance for a dig at the manager, whether it's SAF or Moyes! :o

ill praise him when he deserves it and ill criticise him when he deserves it.....im pretty sure most people would admit he has made alot of mistakes since he took the job and needs to do better. we all hope he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where did he say this?

He hasn't said it any where and the only place I've read that is on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

its pretty common knowledge that Moyes cooled our interest in him. it was discussed by several people here, several times during the summer and well in advance of him moving to Roma.

Sorry now, but I asked where did he state this. Coming on and saying "people on boards said it" is not worth the shit off me shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

ill praise him when he deserves it and ill criticise him when he deserves it.....im pretty sure most people would admit he has made alot of mistakes since he took the job and needs to do better. we all hope he does.

cos several people here are in the loop. yeah. surey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nani has been woeful tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

1381522014029.gif

Rooney goal tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Headshot wrote: »
    Nani has been woeful tonight

Nani under-performing, Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

not good enough, according to Moyes. We didnt need Thiago or Ozil either according to him and god knows who else.

You could replace Dunphy when he retires. Your better at sensationalism than most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You could replace Dunphy when he retires. Your better at sensationalism than most.

wouldnt mind it at all.

im sure theres a place on the Joe Duffy show for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Did Homer piss in somebodies cornflakes or something?

It was stated dozens of times in the summer that Moyes cooled interest in Strootman because he seemingly didn't rate him. This may have been cited at the time, who knows, I can't remember everything said in here. But more to the point it was generally accepted as true, with most reactions simply being that if Moyes doesn't rate him then that is that.

But now the rumor is repeated again and because of who said it peoples eyes are rolling. Its all very playground at times in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wow, just wow

It was stated dozens of times in the summer that Moyes cooled interest in Strootman because he seemingly didn't rate him. This may have been cited at the time, who knows, I can't remember everything said in here. But more to the point it was generally accepted as true, with most reactions simply being that if Moyes doesn't rate him then that is that.

But now the rumor is repeated again and because of who said it peoples eyes are rolling. Its all very playground at times in here.

Where?

Where?

Do you want the post numbers or just names and addresses of the people who posted it?

:rolleyes:

Swear to god, nothing but a ****ing playground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Do you want the post numbers or just names and addresses of the people who posted it?

Just a link to an article where Moyes is quoted as saying will do. That is the claim being made after all.

Oh, don't forget the quotes for Thiago and Ozil while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Where?

Could have sworn I read it in a paper or 2

• Advertisement

No, but give us a quote somewhere. If I said X person said something and was asked where he said it I would proved the evidence and not dish out crap like "sure everyone knows he said it".

No, but give us a quote somewhere. If I said X person said something and was asked where he said it I would proved the evidence and not dish out crap like "sure everyone knows he said it".

You are missing the point as usual.

The rumor regarding Moyes and Strootman was bandied about during the summer in the very midst of all the transfer rumors, and nobody dismissed it then, or asked for quotes, or asked for links. Instead they commented on the rumor itself.

But now, a particular poster repeats the rumor and the sanctimonious crowd are falling over themselves to shout "cite". I say again, did Homer piss in your cornflakes or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I do remember reading Moyes regretted not going for him, don't think it was from any concrete sources though.

Still the point is a club like United should be snapping up talent like that. The team is ageing and we need to have ready made stars to step in when the older lads retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Javier Hernández has told Mexican TV that he is happy fighting for his place at Manchester United. #MUFC #MANUTD

You are missing the point as usual.

The rumor regarding Moyes and Strootman was bandied about during the summer in the very midst of all the transfer rumors, and nobody dismissed it then, or asked for quotes, or asked for links. Instead they commented on the rumor itself.

But now, a particular poster repeats the rumor and the sanctimonious crowd are falling over themselves to shout "cite". I say again, did Homer piss in your cornflakes or something?

What does that have to do with me? If I saw it at the time I would of asked for a quote. Homer said "according to Moyes". I'd like to see some evidence from such a claim.

A rumour without a quote should have said as "supposedly said by Moyes". To state something as fact based on rumours is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

As much as I love Chico, he'd lose in a fight vs Rooney, RVP or Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

IvySlayer wrote: »
    As much as I love Chico, he'd lose in a fight vs Rooney, RVP or Welbeck

Welbeck would swing and a miss plenty of times

Not at all. Its the nature of the post not the poster. Moyes didn't fancy him yada yada, Ozil Thiago and God knows who else yada yada. It painted Moyes in a bad light, unable to spot talent and a bit of a dope etc.

He bid for Cesc, rumors that he inquired about Thiago too. We have Ronney and Kagawa in Ozils position. Is any of this taken into account?

So what if Strootman had a good game tonight? Its a sample size of one game. Holland played Hungary at home at beat them 8-1, that kind of opposition would make anyone look good. I watched Strootman during the entire Holland run in the U21's European championship and he was anonymous. He looked so average I wondered why we were linked to him.

Did Fergie even make an enquiry? Or a bid? No. Rumors were also around that Strootman was nothing more than one of these names that picked up speed on twitter and the press over the years and we may have never been interested. It happens a lot of the time but poeple read things and they believe. Cesc and Herrera came out of the blue once the bids or calls were made, nobody saw them coming as. I doubt Strootman was ever on Fergies radar as we saw none of this activity.

All of the above is ignored in Homers post. The superior players we went after and the fact Strootman was nothing more than a name linked to us like many many others. Its another hangover from the summer from people who still haven't gotten over the transfer window.

@ManUtd:

2013-10-11 19:23:53 UTC

RvP has just scored his second for Holland, which means he's now equal with Patrick Kluivert as the Netherland's highest scorer (40 goals).

He then got a third making him Hollands all time top scorer.

No, but...

He constantly makes assumptions about what's going on behind the scenes at Old Trafford especially regarding how Woodward and Moyes handled transfers during the summer. These things that he has never been able to back up, not once, inferring that result implies his suggested causes were correct (such nonsense) to constantly moan and complain since Moyes took over in July. It's tedious, it's constant, it's annoying, I'm sick of it and it's making me not want to read this thread anymore. It wouldn't be so bad mind you, but because of the amount of times he posts and the aggressive/antagonistic style of his posting, it's near impossible to ignore.

Here's some examples:
    lol lad, your going to explode. read my comment, and read it again and again and read it properly until you can understand it. youve gone off on dose of PMS for no reason, what i said is the simple truth, fans in other sections boo our team and dont give them the support the team deserves.
    the reaction of people on boards doesnt matter one b*llix to david moyes or the club. it is however what happens at the grounds - he got a top class reception so far, but that was before we lost to Liverpool. he will still get a great reception, but things will start to settle back into normality now and even Fergie would get some stick if results were poor off the fans.

a few of ye need to realise there is more to United than what happens or is written on boards.
    the strettie will be the one part of the ground, that will support him until the end. its the clowns who sit elsewhere who will turn on him first.

there were boos from the north stand after west brom, the team was clapped off down the tunnel by those in the strettie.

pipe down a bit, our football has been poor this year, no matter what way you want to describe it. its not exactly Stoke/Wimbledon stuff, but getting the ball wide and wipping in 40+ crosses per game from 40 yards out, is pretty agricultural football to be honest.
    what exactly are you trying to say? Any criticism of Moyes right now is justified, how do you expect people to react?

if you are happy that the club is playing **** football and our manager is starting to look like a laughing stock who is out of his depth, then good for you.

i and 1000's of others are not and we are perfectly entitled to be "negative" as you call it. others would call it being f*cking realistic.
    very weird how a few accounts seems to have all disappeared at the same time in the last few days, also quite telling that theres barely been an ounce of trouble on here since these lads have stopped posting.

gives light to the theory that theres a few lads on here posting with multiple accounts or re-regs.

FFS like...

Just ****ing block each other ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Sacramento wrote: »
    No, but...

He constantly makes assumptions about what's going on behind the scenes at Old Trafford especially regarding how Woodward and Moyes handled transfers during the summer. These things that he has never been able to back up, not once, inferring that result implies his suggested causes were correct (such nonsense) to constantly moan and complain since Moyes took over in July. It's tedious, it's constant, it's annoying, I'm sick of it and it's making me not want to read this thread anymore. It wouldn't be so bad mind you, but because of the amount of times he posts and the aggressive/antagonistic style of his posting, it's near impossible to ignore.

Here's some examples:

FFS like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Does those apps/plugins/features still exist whereby you can also block peoples posts that quote him?

Think I saw before there was a Firefox plugin but never got around to looking into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It would be better to give Homey his own moaning and complaining thread! I reckon he'd hit the 10k mark by the end of the January transfer window! :pac:

Well that might work for some users, but because he engages with almost everyone here, the thread would make no sense do you not think? I'd much rather he change his posting style.

Also, much of what he says is directed at everyone on the thread.

• Advertisement

Well that might work for some users, but because he engages with almost everyone here, the thread would make no sense do you not think? I'd much rather he change his posting style.

Also, much of what he says is directed at everyone on the thread.

So you want him to change to suit you? Right im off lads before Sacremento starts telling me to get in shape and get a better job, too many lovers tiffs here.

So you want him to change to suit you? Right im off lads before Sacremento starts telling me to get in shape and get a better job, too many lovers tiffs here.

You're intentionally missing my point.. Clearly I'd like him to be less abusive/condescending/patronising/aggressive not to "suit me" as you put it, but to make this place a little more civil. Is that so unreasonable?

Oh and shave those sideburns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Steve McClaren 'eh! ;)
    Manchester United to launch January bid for Derby County midfielder Will Hughes - reports

“Our job is to make sure he makes it,” admitted McClaren, who got his Rams managerial career off to a winning start last weekend with a 3-1 victory against Leeds at Pride Park.

“Eventually he will be too good. What we need behind that is players coming through to replace him.”

UK Independent

08-09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Hughes is a big Liverpool fan, for whatever that's worth. One of his tweets after United were knocked out of the CL last season....
    Very harsh on United. Oh well. 5 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will Hughes is a big Liverpool fan, for whatever that's worth. One of his tweets after United were knocked out of the CL last season....

Maybe he just really likes Booker T?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Thread's gone a bit like this! :pac:

Or how about reasonable and not overly negative posts towards the manager and having a basic level of respect when engaging with other posters (that being said I never personally found him aggressive or condescending, just a little bit of a know it all)

Things get heated and people can say things they regret, I have done this. Homer seems to be highly strung a lot lately during this tough transitional period.

You're intentionally missing my point.. Clearly I'd like him to be less abusive/condescending/patronising/aggressive not to "suit me" as you put it, but to make this place a little more civil. Is that so unreasonable?

Mr Burns do you even know what sideburns are.

• Advertisement

Or how about reasonable and not overly negative posts towards the manager and having a basic level of respect when engaging with other posters (that being said I never personally found him aggressive or condescending, just a little bit of a know it all)

Things get heated and people can say things they regret, I have done this. Homer seems to be highly strung a lot lately during this tough transitional period.

Hes a passionate fan and I hate the word "transitional" we are the same team as last year, its a word used as an excuse for our awful start, also in Homers case he usually has 3-4 posters having a go at each him at the same time, its actually embarrasing(sp) looking at them all thanking each other. I dont understand why they dont just block him as they just disagree with everything, some of us other posters are sick of it. If I wanted to see sniping and bitching I would watch housewives of New Jersey :pac:

The goal that made RVP the Netherlands all time top scorer

J. Marston wrote: »

Henderson is a United fan though, im sure footballers can put it all aside for their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Maybe he just really likes Booker T?

Booker T is 6 times World Champion.

That's it!!! You're off the team!!""

Hes a passionate fan and I hate the word "transitional" we are the same team as last year, its a word used as an excuse for our awful start, also in Homers case he usually has 3-4 posters having a go at each him at the same time, its actually embarrasing(sp) looking at them all thanking each other. I dont understand why they dont just block him as they just disagree with everything, some of us other posters are sick of it. If I wanted to see sniping and bitching I would watch housewives of New Jersey :pac:

I agree somewhat, its not a big transition as some would say but we have a new manager, new coachng staff therefore we have new training methods, new relationships between staff and coach. Its a transition from Fergies way to Moyes way so there are unavoidably going to be some knock on effects.

Maybe 3-4 posters are having a go at Homer because he makes inflamatory statements that poeple don't agree with and deserves to be called on it. People don't want to to block him and miss out on the discussion either. I've said somethings and had multiple poster jump on me before, we are all big boys here and I'm sure we can take it. This place would be boring if we all agreed and were over polite.

There is no problem with polarising opinions but sometimes poeple have a go at Moyes, a player or the club and people stick up for them which is what we are here for. Just don't take things to heart or too serious on here and we'll be fine. Everyone gets and deserves and bit of stick now and again if they say something in the heat of the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thats what I cant understand about wrestling. A guy who has been 9 times world champion or whatever. That means he have to have lost 9 world title fights to win it back. Not impressive.

Sorry had to get that off my chest back to United.

Ultimate Warrior ftw btw.

Anyone else watching football focus this morning? I knew that UTD had scouting interests in South America but they elaborated a bit more. There is a football academy in Brazil called Deportivo Brazil. They take on youth prospects from all over the country at about age 11-14 and train them. They are pretty much like a football club without a stadium or competitive matches. They have the training grounds, gym, pool and all the usual facilities and they play each other and hone their tactical knowledge and match skills.

The academy protects them as they get older from agents and outside influences etc and around the 16-18 age mark big clubs can come in and view or take a player to train with them.

Anyway Deportivo have an agreement with UTD where they have first option on 5-6 players that the academy produces, the best 5-6 I would imagine. They can go and train at UTD and if good enough we get first option to sign them.

Bruno Gomez is one player going or at UTD from Deportivo and is expected to be a good talent. He already plays for the U17 national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I read this article about it on the BBC website last night. Link here.

It's a smart idea and as the article says, no overheads involved with regards to a senior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thats what I cant understand about wrestling. A guy who has been 9 times world champion or whatever. That means he have to have lost 9 world title fights to win it back. Not impressive.

Sorry had to get that off my chest back to United.

Don't apologise. I've said that for years. You're the first person I've seen saying it as well.

I think it should be judged in terms of successful defences.

Joe Louis, for example, was the heavyweight boxing champion of the world for almost 12 years and defended his title 26 times.

That's vastly more impressive than someone who is a five/six-time champion. Chances are that boxer has only won 10 title fights and lost 5 more.

It doesn't roll off the tongue as easily though so it'll never catch on.

So we are getting Pogba and Morrison back, this Bruno Gomes fella upfront with Henriquez and having Adnan and Zaha all in the team with Kagawa shining the boots and Bebe as assistant manager we have a great future :pac:

But seriously am I allowed get excited about this Gomes chap?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement