Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

But seriously am I allowed get excited about this Gomes chap?

In a future talent sense, yes.

In a Gary Glitter sense, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Headshot wrote: »
    Welbeck would swing and a miss plenty of times

Not if he's wearing an England jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

In a future talent sense, yes.

In a Gary Glitter sense, no.

Best laugh on here in ages.

Double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The goal that made RVP the Netherlands all time top scorer

If you didn't seee it you should watch his second goal and more specifically his celebration afterwards...ran straight over to Kluivert who was on the sideline and hugged each other then the rest of the team followed..thought it was a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyes was at the Fleetwood vs Chesterfield game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

zerks wrote: »
    Moyes was at the Fleetwood vs Chesterfield game today.

Scouting players?

Broadening his mind tactically?

Now I know where he's going wrong, he should have been in Germany yesterday!

Reported to be watching Tendayi Darikwa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sounds like something from Game of Thrones.

CmbqZTl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so did i miss anything? :p

jaysus lads ,FFS.

Contract expiry dates of the squad.

Summer 2014

Nemanja Vidic (21/109/81)
    Patrice Evra (15/05/81)
    Fabio (09/07/90)
    Rio Ferdinand (07/11/78)
    Ryan Giggs (29/11/73)
    Michael Carrick (28/07/81)
    Adnan Januzaj (05/02/95)

Summer 2015

Ben Amos (10/04/90)
    Anderson (13/04/88)
    Tom Cleverley (12/08/89)
    Darren Fletcher (01/02/84)
    Antonio Valencia (04/08/85)
    Wayne Rooney (24/10/85)

Summer 2016

David de Gea (07/11/90)
    Anders Lindegaard (13/04/84)
    Phil Jones (21/02/92)
    Jonny Evans (02/01/88)
    Chris Smalling (22/11/89)
    Shinji Kagawa (17/03/89)
    Ashley Young (09/07/85)
    Rafael 09/07/90)
    Javier Hernandez (01/06/88)
    Danny Welbeck (26/11/90)
    Robin van Persie (08/08/83)

Summer 2017

Alexander Buttner (11/02/89)

Summer 2018

Marouane Fellaini (22/11/87)
    Nani (17/11/86)
    Wilfried Zaha (10/11/92)

Buttner lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

2016 will be fun...

Contract expiry dates of the squad.

Summer 2014

Nemanja Vidic (21/109/81)
    Patrice Evra (15/05/81)
    Fabio (09/07/90)
    Rio Ferdinand (07/11/78)
    Ryan Giggs (29/11/73)
    Michael Carrick (28/07/81)
    Adnan Januzaj (05/02/95)

Summer 2015

Ben Amos (10/04/90)
    Anderson (13/04/88)
    Tom Cleverley (12/08/89)
    Darren Fletcher (01/02/84)
    Antonio Valencia (04/08/85)
    Wayne Rooney (24/10/85)

Summer 2016

David de Gea (07/11/90)
    Anders Lindegaard (13/04/84)
    Phil Jones (21/02/92)
    Jonny Evans (02/01/88)
    Chris Smalling (22/11/89)
    Shinji Kagawa (17/03/89)
    Ashley Young (09/07/85)
    Rafael 09/07/90)
    Javier Hernandez (01/06/88)
    Danny Welbeck (26/11/90)
    Robin van Persie (08/08/83)

Summer 2017

Alexander Buttner (11/02/89)

Summer 2018

Marouane Fellaini (22/11/87)
    Nani (17/11/86)
    Wilfried Zaha (10/11/92)

Vidic's month...... Never knew there was 109 months that year :pac:

Vidic's month...... Never knew there was 109 months that year :pac:

He's a terminating machine sent back from the year 10981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

It has been too long since we've been in an FA Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 16m
    #RoughCopy I would by their cd based on the covers (with a twist) they have done!

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 5m
    Sorry it's bye their cd's not by...!!! Leave off twitter spell check police u mugs! Bore me no more!

Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Some Midfielder linkage
    Manchester United have been scouting 23-year-old Marseille playmaker Remy Cabella - valued by his club at £100m - ahead of potential January transfer.

Full story: Metro

Metro - lol
    United manager David Moyes is also looking at a cut-price deal to bring Porto's 26-year-old defensive midfielder Fernando - known as The Squid - to Old Trafford in the New Year.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

And
    West Ham must pay Manchester United £25,000 every time they pick midfielder Ravel Morrison.

Full story: The Sunday Telegraph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ole Solksjaer was a Liverpool fan before he came to united

Looks like we are getting £25k every time Ravel Morrison makes an appearance for West Ham.
    Big Sam is worried that United will look to buy him back according to an interview in The Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks like we are getting £25k every time Ravel Morrison makes an appearance for West Ham.
    Big Sam is worried that United will look to buy him back according to an interview in The Mirror.

Selling him for 625k had to have some sort of clause/stipulations but i still can't see us buying him back or if he would even come back.
    Guess 15/18 million in 2 years?

dahat wrote: »
    Selling him for 625k had to have some sort of clause/stipulations but i still can't see us buying him back or if he would even come back.
    Guess 15/18 million in 2 years?

Biggest problem if he came back would be his prick mates dragging him back into trouble,hopefully the penny's dropped with him & he'll stay a million miles away from that life.

Speaking of the Mirror,they are linking us with Porto midfielder Fernando (The Octopus) who we can get on the cheap in January as his contract is up in the Summer. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-eye-fernando-cut-price-2365353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Still cannot see him coming back,Manchester clearly is not good for him.

Don't know much about Fernando,any good?

The People have us loaning out Young in Jan as well,surely his time is up at OT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

still no contract for Januzaj - fear United have fooked up again on this one. reckon we are going to see him lining up with Pogba for Juve next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did Morrison do in Manchester? Drugs?

Neeson wrote: »
    What did Morrison do in Manchester? Drugs?
    Drugs never quoted but being a general dickhead, he tried to intimidate a witness with a knife, late for training etc. I read somewhere hes from the same area as Welbeck and Wes Brown who said Football kept them away from all the ****e, clearly didnt work for Morrison :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

still no contract for Januzaj - fear United have fooked up again on this one. reckon we are going to see him lining up with Pogba for Juve next season.

Why Juve?

If his contract hasn't been sorted by December Ill be very concerned, not going to let it bother me until then though, pretty confident he will sign on. He is getting played, he isn't good enough to get game time for Barca, Madrid, Munich etc so why leave?

If he wasn't get played Id be more concerned but he is being played, if he still doesn't wanna sign a contract then best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im willing to bet he be still at United come 1st september next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That simply cannot be allowed to happen.

Besides, it looks like Moyes intends giving Jan a fair shot at first team football which is where fergie fcuked up with Pogba. If he moves it will be for money only, not playing time. As long as his wage demands are somewhat reasonable I'd say the club will get him tied into a new contract.

• Advertisement

The Mail saying Chicharito is high on Spurs' shopping list in January,I'll crack up if he's sold.Improving in his link up play & can score goals.I fear we'll be here in 5 years saying "Wellbeck will come good & score 20 a season" while we rue the day we let Hernandez go.

article-2456174-18B3FBC300000578-564_634x415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

And Spurs are going to play him ahead of Soldado who they have just paid £26 million on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The Mail saying Chicharito is high on Spurs' shopping list in January,I'll crack up if he's sold.Improving in his link up play & can score goals.I fear we'll be here in 5 years saying "Wellbeck will come good & score 20 a season" while we rue the day we let Hernandez go.

article-2456174-18B3FBC300000578-564_634x415.jpg

Imo its not Welbeck that is keeping Chicha out, Danny plays wide a lot etc, to me they are not in direct competition at the moment, he is competing with RVP and Rooney, so he is pretty ****ed to be honest. Another to suffer from the RVP capture :) Also from Rooney still being at the club actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Chico is a really likeable player and someone who is great to have on the bench if you need a goal, although his link up play has improved drastically I still dont think he is anywhere near world class in that department. Its strange that spurs are in for him as he is very similar to Defoe. I hope he doesnt leave but if he wants to play every week, he wont get that at united.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

This is why I feel it wouldn't be the end of the world to sell Rooney. Stevie Wonder can see he dosnt want to be here. We have depth in his preferred position, and I think his exit, while he is an excellent player on form, would not be especially problematic for us.

3 major 'fringe' players would benifits from his departure, Kagawa, Welbeck, and Hernandez. I'd sooner see them get more game time than keep an unhappy Rooney.

I notice he tweeted about England's performance after the game on Friday, when's the last time he talked about a MUFC game?

Apologies in advance if this opens the can of worms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

We should not sell Rooney. No real argument in my eyes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Fenix wrote: »
    This is why I feel it wouldn't be the end of the world to sell Rooney. Stevie Wonder can see he dosnt want to be here. We have depth in his preferred position, and I think his exit, while he is an excellent player on form, would not be especially problematic for us.

3 major 'fringe' players would benifits from his departure, Kagawa, Welbeck, and Hernandez. I'd sooner see them get more game time than keep an unhappy Rooney.

I notice he tweeted about England's performance after the game on Friday, when's the last time he talked about a MUFC game?

im not on twitter but he usually talks about the utd games on his facebook

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He tweeted about being proud to score 200 goals for United only a couple of weeks ago.

I'd sooner keep and play our best players, thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Utd need to keep Rooney as long as he's performing for the sole reason that Utd would struggle to attract a replacement of equal calibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Rooney is the best player at the club. I care about his performances on the pitch and he has been our best player so far this season.

Kagawa has done nothing at all to say he could fill Rooney's boots.
    Wellbeck is nowhere near good enough and Hernandez can't play in the hole so not sure why your mentioning him. Rooney being sold would be very problematic.

• Advertisement

Yea I understand I'm in the minority, but I just don't think it would be the end of the world if we sold him. He wants to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Personally I think we should have sold him. He is clearly not happy at the club and has yet to come out since the start of the season and say that Utd are his club and that he is happy at the club. All he does is put a spin on the questions when asked and say that he is concentrating on his football and his this and that. He has yet to say that he happy at utd. The other problem with him is as seen in the summer. Only Chelsea want him or showed an interest in him.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rooney is the best player at the club. I care about his performances on the pitch and he has been our best player so far this season.

Wellbeck is nowhere near good enough and Hernandez can't play in the hole so not sure why your mentioning him. Rooney being sold would be very problematic.

You're stating a lot of opinion as fact there. I really don't think it's that clear cut either. Kagawa hasn't been given a chance, played sparingly and usually out of position, Welbeck has bags of potential and who's to say he can't be that good? Hernandez is a striker, the same position Rooney *wants* to play. That's why I mention him.

Nuts102 wrote: »

What has Rooney done in the league from play this season????????. Kagawa deserves a chance in the middle. Moyes I think had it correct at the start of the season when he said Rooney was back up to RVP

Rene's heading back to Qatar to help them prepare for the WC.He's coached there before but I reckon his paycheck this time will be fairly impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Robson99 wrote: »
    What has Rooney done in the league from play this season????????. Kagawa deserves a chance in the middle. Moyes I think had it correct at the start of the season when he said Rooney was back up to RVP

Yeah, except he didnt actually say that.

I think there's a good possibility of both Hernandez and Kagawa leaving in January or next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Robson99 wrote: »
    What has Rooney done in the league from play this season????????
    Came off the bench against Swansea and setup the last two goals?
    He's been great this season to be honest... just because he didn't score any goals from play in the league doesn't mean he's been poor
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yeah, except he didnt actually say that.

Curious, what did he say? I thought he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

hernandez_reu_2074477b.jpg

:mad:

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Came off the bench against Swansea and setup the last two goals?
    He's been great this season to be honest... just because he didn't score any goals from play in the league doesn't mean he's been poor

Fair enough but that was 6 games ago and that game was as good as over. He is playing the no 10 role and has created absolutely nothing, IMO that is not having a great season, that form deserves him to be on the bench

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement