Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Not a lot more. But I'd have it closer to nine, and maybe even, nine than six. Double figures is possible.

Lets look at things.

Chelsea - No where near a typical Jose team.....and he knows it. They seriously lack a striker - evident by the persistent chase of Rooney. Eto? I'm not sure what he's got left in his locker after playing in Russia. Class final season with Inter, not done much with Anzhi, now in the PL and 32. Jurys out.

Arsenal - Great signing with Ozil, but ironically, it was a striker they needed. Panic transfer of the highest order IMO. Still shakey at the back, no leaders.

Man City - Haven't been blown away by all this 'talent' they signed. Without Kompany they fall apart in the big games. Will take time to gel IMO.

Spurs - So many new signings and sold their best player. Will take time to gel - top 4 is realistic, title challenge is not.

Man Utd - Kept their main assests and squad that won the league. Signed a CM that they lacked for so long. If players remain fit, and best players on the pitch, still look stronger than most of our rivals.

Calm the f**k down Jesse.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Headshot wrote: »
    what would cheer me up big time right now is jan signing that contract

wtf is happening there

expect it some time this month now that transfers are out of the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Think I will follow Arsenal from now on

That's fine; if you want to win nothing. Arsenal with Ozil are a better team but they still might not make the top 4 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

NTMK wrote: »
    see ya

I will miss you too.. Xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think we're more liable to drop silly points than they are. Can't see us beating City in a few weeks. That's a good start on it.

Chelsea haven't looked overly impressive at all this year. They were positively rubbish against us. Obviously it's all supposition but people are being very positive about certain teams when they haven't shown a whole lot so far.

For a start, I think we'll beat City. They've looked out of sorts in their last couple of games, similar to last year. I'm also not a massive fan of Pellegrini. He had as much pedigree as Moyes but kind of got a free ride from the press when he joined this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Baines hardly wants to warm the bench in the hope Evra gets injured

Rooney, Kagawa, Chico, Evans all probably don't like warming the bench either.

It's very possible that Baines would be better and Evra will get the bench. Everyone loves Evra (including myself) but don't let it cloud things.

Evra + Baines > Evra

One of the best left backs around wanted to join us and it's a position we are not fully covered in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea haven't looked overly impressive at all this year. They were positively rubbish against us. Obviously it's all supposition but people are being very positive about certain teams when they haven't shown a whole lot so far.

For a start, I think we'll beat City. They've looked out of sorts in their last couple of games, similar to last year. I'm also not a massive fan of Pellegrini. He had as much pedigree as Moyes but kind of got a free ride from the press when he joined this summer.

Pellegrini had as much pedigree as Moyes? Serious?

Pellegrini had as much pedigree as Moyes? Serious?

Yup. What has he won since he moved to Europe? An Intertoto cup with Villareal? Did pretty well with Villareal but he had money to spend on world class players like Senna and Riquelme etc. Flopped at Madrid and got 4th (with 58 points) in la Liga with Malaga having spent a fortune.

He may turn out to be a great manager at City but he has as much winning pedigree as Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

He got 96 points with Real Madrid and had them playing better football than at any time under Mourinho. Malaga overachieved when they got fourth as well. He mightn't have an overflowing trophy cabinet but I do think there's pedigree there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

He got 96 points with Real Madrid and had them playing better football than at any time under Mourinho. Malaga overachieved when they got fourth as well. He mightn't have an overflowing trophy cabinet but I do think there's pedigree there.

Which is the exact point with Moyes.

• Advertisement

And I believe that there is pedigree with Moyes. As much as there is with Pellegrini. Neither have won things before (in Europe, in fairness to Pellegrini) and they're coming to clubs that are expecting to win things. One of them has been asked to prove that he has the potential to win things, the other hasn't. Pellegrini has as much to prove as Moyes, imo.

Which is the exact point with Moyes.
    Pellegrini did it more recently than eight years ago. He's far more proven in Europe than Moyes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

master-t wrote: »
    Lets look at things.

Chelsea - No where near a typical Jose team.....and he knows it. They seriously lack a striker - evident by the persistent chase of Rooney. Eto? I'm not sure what he's got left in his locker after playing in Russia. Class final season with Inter, not done much with Anzhi, now in the PL and 32. Jurys out.

Arsenal - Great signing with Ozil, but ironically, it was a striker they needed. Panic transfer of the highest order IMO. Still shakey at the back, no leaders.

Man City - Haven't been blown away by all this 'talent' they signed. Without Kompany they fall apart in the big games. Will take time to gel IMO.

Spurs - So many new signings and sold their best player. Will take time to gel - top 4 is realistic, title challenge is not.

Man Utd - Kept their main assests and squad that won the league. Signed a CM that they lacked for so long. If players remain fit, and best players on the pitch, still look stronger than most of our rivals.

Calm the f**k down Jesse.....

What's your assessment of the league leaders.?

Pellegrini did it more recently than eight years ago. He's far more proven in Europe than Moyes as well.

Moyes hasn't really had the chance to do so. If I'm being honest, unless you have won in Europe or won your league title, you're not really proven at all when you come to a club like United or City. Moyes will win games in Europe this year with United.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport 15s Fellaini gave up £4m in loyalty bonuses to save #MUFC move from collapse. @MOgdenTelegraph reports. http://fw.to/CPHeN4Q

That is commitment for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think I will follow Arsenal from now on

You don't sound like United fan if im honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

RobertKK wrote: »
    Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport 15s Fellaini gave up £4m in loyalty bonuses to save #MUFC move from collapse. @MOgdenTelegraph reports. http://fw.to/CPHeN4Q

I don't understand what difference it makes to the transfer that Fellaini submits a transfer request. Does it impose some obligation on the club? I think it was already clear that he wanted to move; what difference does the formal request make?

:o I just realised, it's an extra 4 million for Everton! D'oh!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

what would cheer me up big time right now is jan signing that contract

wtf is happening there

Same with regards to Nani.

Can see Jan leaving tbh. It'd top things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't understand what difference it makes to the transfer that Fellaini submits a transfer request. Does it impose some obligation on the club? I think it was already clear that he wanted to move; what difference does the formal request make?

Yeah, Everton would have had to pay the loyalty bonuses if the club had wanted the contract broken instead of the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal fan here, think Fellaini is a superb signing always loved him. United still the team to beat in my eyes, defending champions, best starting 11 and best player in the league, if thats a backward step i would love that, we are one injury away from Nicky B :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Commitment? We probably agreed to pay whatever he was due as long as he submitted a transfer request and pushed things along.

You don't sound like United fan if im honest.

You got me there!!!

It was a joke ffs.
    Following united for over 30 years.
    This in an Internet forum after all, hardly a place to be serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You got me there!!!

It was a joke ffs.

the man utd thread is super serial

You got me there!!!

It was a joke ffs.

well that was not the reason, but I will take your word on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

lordgoat wrote: »
    Same with regards to Nani.

Can see Jan leaving tbh. It'd top things off.

According to Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta ""He has renewed his contract with Manchester United and we never negotiated for him.".

Although it's only being reported by the same sites / blogs that reported Paddy Power had paid out on him leaving, goal, crunchsports, givemesport . . .

the man utd thread is super serial

Everyone in there own bubble I suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agreed here. Jose's tactics seem to be get a lead and then stop playing. Worked against Hull but Hull were toothless. Nearly resulted in a draw for Villa. And didn't impress against us. It's a dodgy tactic to play and they'll drop points playing that way.

As for City, think we'd have mauled Newcastle too so wasn't impressed there. They lost to newly promoted Cardiff. And took them a fair while to break down Hull. They spent a lot of money but really don't look like a team that invested that much cash.

Having watched all three of both teams opening games, really am not scared. Chelsea have a dangerous strategy and City are already dropping stupid points.

well that was not the reason, but I will take your word on it.

Is that because I don't agree with you?

Is that because I don't agree with you?

no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to Fellaini and Carrick linking up,we could see Carrick getting forward a bit more now he has a player that play a holding role.Fellaini will also give Utd a physical edge in the middle that has been missing for a while now.

Hopefully our luck with injuries improves dramatically too.

Its been very poor the past couple of seasons.

no.

If you say so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Went out at 4pm yesterday and just home now. Brief summary of the 2000 posts I've to read?

Hopefully our luck with injuries improves dramatically too.

Its been very poor the past couple of seasons.

Kew, i think you have an admirer... Isn't he cute?

RasTa wrote: »
    Went out at 4pm yesterday and just home now. Brief summary of the 2000 posts I've to read?

we have went backwards

Woodward out.

Laughing stock.

• Advertisement

We signed Felliani. We missed out on Ander. We signed a left back from FC Zurich. We missed out on Contreao.

Oh and a general meltdown.

I always like cute ones Lord, always liked the cute ones.;)

I always like cute ones Lord, always liked the cute ones.;)

Anything for a pretty face. It's a curse isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What actually happened with those so called United officials in the La Liga offices? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our combined fury crashed boards for 25 minutes.

• Advertisement

Anything for a pretty face. It's a curse isn't it?

I know my heart melts so it does when I see a cutey:pac:

I just have to go in for the kill.

I know my heart melts so it does when I see a cutey:pac:

I just have to go in for the kill.

Do it. :eek: <- like that guy.

SantryRed wrote: »
    What actually happened with those so called United officials in the La Liga offices? :confused:

They were taken to Syria never to be seen again.

Honestly I dont think anyone knows:o

Brilliant. Ha ha ha..

When was Raf meant to be back?

What is story with Evans?

SantryRed wrote: »
    It appears that they are three lawyers which clubs use to negotiate with Bilbao. They conducted the Martinez transfer for Bayern last year. Using those lawyers, Bayern put pressure on Bilbao through the council, who urged Bilbao to sell with the threat of the club's debts being called in. United however were unaware of the various complications to the deal. There wasn't enough time to work through it all and United were unwilling to push through the deal in the face of that. It now appears that the club tried to distance itself from the lawyers by claiming that nobody was sent to Bilbao to negotiate on our behalf. That's where the impostors claim seems to have sprung from. I don't believe United's excuse. I think we did send the lawyers there but tried to spin it once the effort for the player failed.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Commitment? We probably agreed to pay whatever he was due as long as he submitted a transfer request and pushed things along.

It actually appears that Man Utd only spent £23.5m, the same as the earlier release clause. The £4m Fellaini sacrificed made the deal worth £27.5 to Everton.

Makes sense.

Walcott on Rooney's injury:

'I have seen a picture and it is a very, very big gash. It's not nice to see. It's like something out of a horror film.'

Brilliant. Ha ha ha..

so you're a: must have the last word kinda gal. cool. If only you put as much effort in your posts about football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement