Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Robson99 wrote: »
    Trilla wrote: »
    Came off the bench against Swansea and setup the last two goals?
    He's been great this season to be honest... just because he didn't score any goals from play in the league doesn't mean he's been poor

Fair enough but that was 6 games ago and that game was as good as over. He is playing the no 10 role and has created absolutely nothing, IMO that is not having a great season, that form deserves him to be on the bench

3 goals and 2 assists in 7 league games.
    2 goals and 1 assists in 2 European games.

So 5 goals and 3 assists in 9 games nearly a goal or assist a game. That really is form that deserves you dropped to the bench alright when your job is to score and assist. What kind of targets would you normally expect from a player playing in the no 10 role?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Robson99 wrote: »

So 5 goals and 3 assists in 9 games nearly a goal or assist a game. That really is form that deserves you dropped to the bench alright when your job is to score and assist. What kind of targets would you normally expect from a player playing in the no 10 role?

Read my post and then read it again. I have been talking about his form in the league from open play. Come back with your stats on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney needs to start producing more in the league, he's in a free role between the midfield and the defence and should be creating more.

Have we ever seen Kagawa playing behind RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

People doubting Rooney and wouldn't mind if he was sold :confused:

He is clearly our best player and had been outstanding in nearly all the games he has played. Without him I dread to think where we might be and I don't care how he gets his goals and assists as long as he gets them.

I don't want Hernandez to leave, but I fear his hand may be forced by lack of playing time and I wouldn't hold it against him. In fact, he could strangle a kitten and I wouldn't hold it against him. IN FACT, I'm as straight as they come but I'd go gay for Hernandez.

javier-hernandez_1693168e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It would be okay to go gay for Hernandez because he looks like a middle aged lesbian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Not sure if this has been posted before but it depresses me that we let Pogba go. What a talent. Why didnt we just offer him half of what we are currently paying Fellaini per week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Not this Pogba crap again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

RedorDead wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted before but it depresses me that we let Pogba go. What a talent. Why didnt we just offer him half of what we are currently paying Fellaini per week?
    Plenty of talk of him moving on to one of the BIG European clubs already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

More Pogba talk??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Hadnt seen that, yea it would depress yea watching that. And considering his age he has great strength, skill and can use both feet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    More Pogba talk??

I can imagine how bad some people must be when they get dumped by a girl :P

He's gone guys. We've vented, we've moaned, we've lamented over what could have been....can we please move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

People are always gonna bring up Pogba because he's becoming a more obvious talent now. Losing him the way we did was a real kick in the teeth and every time he shows his class we'll be reminded of how much of a loss he actually was to us.

I can imagine how bad some people must be when they get dumped by a girl :P

He's gone guys. We've vented, we've moaned, we've lamented over what could have been....can we please move on?

You feel free to move on and don't worry about what others discuss if you are not interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

You're living in the past, Marge! Quit living in the past! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Will Fellaini play on Saturday now that Cleverly is out for the next couple of weeks.If Fellaini doesn't then we are running short of midfielders.
    Cleverly played well against Sunderland & the stats back it up. 95% pass accuracy & 100% tackles won.Plus when he played,Carrick's passing improved no end & he had the highest pass rate in the league last weekend and notably the majority were forward.
    At times he can flatter to deceive but he seems to be the only midfielder we have who actively demands the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nuts102 wrote: »

looks like you're quoting me there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Homer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-ezequiel-2368281?

That also makes the story that Moyes blocked the Stootman move highly possible, I know many were doubting that. So we would have had deals for Garay and Strootman lined up, but Moyes didn't fancy them. I'm not complaining, and I'd back his decisions if he didn't fancy a player, but Strootman and Garay are both having excellent seasons for their clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It doesn't really have any bearing on any possible deal for any other player.

In all honesty, it doesn't actually mean a whole lot about the apparent potential deal for himself, but certainly doesn't mean anything in relation to any other rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Homer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-ezequiel-2368281?

That also makes the story that Moyes blocked the Stootman move highly possible, I know many were doubting that. So we would have had deals for Garay and Strootman lined up, but Moyes didn't fancy them. I'm not complaining, and I'd back his decisions if he didn't fancy a player, but Strootman and Garay are both having excellent seasons for their clubs.
    The deal was nearly closed but finally Benfica did not accept the offer.

Quote from the article. Think Garay may be talking out of his Ezequiel when it comes to Moyes' valuation relative to Ferguson's. That suggests that Benfica refused our offer. No way of knowing if Fergie would have been willing to go further than Moyes.

• Advertisement

Some more transfer muppetry: The Express is linking us with a January move for Alexis Sanchez.Plus there's quotes from Lewandowski that he hasn't agreed a move to Bayern & speaks of his love for the EPL & that he spoke to Fergie before but never discussed a transfer.http://thepeoplesperson.com/lewandowski-hints-at-potential-manchester-united-move-and-claims-bayern-munich-deal-not-finalised/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I feckin hate international breaks, I really do!

kryogen wrote: »
    I feckin hate international breaks, I really do!

5 more sleeps until United's next game,it's on Setanta btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

TonyD79 wrote: »
    And Spurs are going to play him ahead of Soldado who they have just paid £26 million on?

Early days yet but from what I've seen so far Soldado will be a dud at Spurs, doesn't seem to suit the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

If Fergie was staying on a few more years he would've made a greater effort to hold onto him. As it was, he knew he was retiring soon and there was no way he was going to get even remotely bent over by any player or his agent. He put pride before club on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If Fergie was staying on a few more years he would've made a greater effort to hold onto him. As it was, he knew he was retiring soon and there was no way he was going to get even remotely bent over by any player or his agent. He put pride before club on this one.

Seriously, the amount of ****e that gets posted on here, WHAT gives you ANY indication that the above even warrants a post never mind has ANY truth in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Seriously, the amount of ****e that gets posted on here, WHAT gives you ANY indication that the above even warrants a post never mind has ANY truth in it.

According to Ferguson. It's pretty common knowledge. Was posted here a dozen times during the summer.

What do you want? A quote? A source? Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Paddy Power - ''Are Manchester United building a squad based on some sort of Home Alone theme? Fair play.''

BWhYhveCMAAKFAh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Why does that keep getting posted?

Fellaini looks nothing like Daniel Stern and Rooney looks nothing like Joe Pesci. Unless you're severely myopic or have Prosopagnosia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

...and Paddy Power and their "banter" just aren't funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Keno wrote: »
    According to Ferguson. It's pretty common knowledge. Was posted here a dozen times during the summer.

No it wasn't.

It was posted there was issues with the agents but it was never posted here that Ferguson deliberately didn't try to keep Pogba because he knew he was going. I don't think it has even been hinted at really - let alone be 'common knowledge'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No it wasn't.

It was posted there was issues with the agents but it was never posted here that Ferguson deliberately didn't try to keep Pogba because he knew he was going. I don't think it has even been hinted at really - let alone be 'common knowledge'.

I think Keno was being sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Julez wrote: »
    ...and Paddy Power and their "banter" just aren't funny.

I worked in a diff department but had a interview in the same office that the social media team are and lets just say most of them couldn't tell you who Pele is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I worked in a diff department but had a interview in the same office that the social media team are and lets just say most of them couldn't tell you who Pele is!

Paddy Power Social Media Headquarters:

"So lads, anything happening today?"

"Erm, Slovakian Vollyball team won their world cup."

"OK, I've an idea, photoshop John Terry in there in his full kit celebrating with them, it'll be hilarious!"

"...Genius"

:rolleyes:

...rinse and repeat until the end of time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are many boards lads heading too United and Arsenal next month? There's 7 of us going it's my first game since 2012 so looking forward too it. Any good bars for sing alongs near OT (other then the bishop blaze ) wana try some where different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Why does that keep getting posted?

Fellaini looks nothing like Daniel Stern and Rooney looks nothing like Joe Pesci. Unless you're severely myopic or have Prosopagnosia.

Maybe some people find it amusing.

Maybe some people find it amusing.

Yeah, even after it's been posted 6 or 7 times.

It would actually be funny if they looked similar but they really don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agreed, I didn't laugh the first time, I'm not going to laugh the twentieth time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Please do yes, a quote from Ferguson stating he couldn't be ****ed or any other reliable source, what you're insinuating is pure an utter fabrication and bollix to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I think it is the fact that Fellani has an afro like Marve and Rooney is wearing a headband like Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No it wasn't.

Please do yes, a quote from Ferguson stating he couldn't be ****ed or any other reliable source, what you're insinuating is pure an utter fabrication and bollix to boot.
    Where did he say this?
    No, but give us a quote somewhere. If I said X person said something and was asked where he said it I would proved the evidence and not dish out crap like "sure everyone knows he said it".
    What does that have to do with me? If I saw it at the time I would of asked for a quote. Homer said "according to Moyes". I'd like to see some evidence from such a claim.

A rumour without a quote should have said as "supposedly said by Moyes". To state something as fact based on rumours is mental.

s8c3q.gif
    I think Keno was being sarcastic.

MagicMarker knows what's up.

Irish94 wrote: »
    I think it is the fact that Fellani has an afro like Marve and Rooney is wearing a headband like Harry.

I know that. It is still incredibly lame though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Are many boards lads heading too United and Arsenal next month? There's 7 of us going it's my first game since 2012 so looking forward too it. Any good bars for sing alongs near OT (other then the bishop blaze ) wana try some where different

My brother and I are heading over let's hope we get 3 points,have tried a few pubs round old Trafford but the bishop blaize is my favorite so can't recommend anywhere better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How many of our lads are playing tomorrow? Rooney, Welbeck, Evans, RVP, Nani, Kagawa anyone else?

Southampton is going to be a tough game, Moyes hasn't had much time with a few of the players since the Sunderland game with internationals.

So UTD are in for two wingers

Sanchez

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/247471.html

and Tendayi Darikwa from Chesterfield

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/13/who-is-tendayi-darikwa-lowdown-on-the-potential-manchester-united-target-4144840/

The first article also mentions the following
    It is believed Moyes will be handed a £100m war chest in January to strengthen his squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sanchez isnt a winger

Headshot wrote: »
    Sanchez isnt a winger

He plays right wing at Barcelona, although his best position a free role behind the striker at Udinese.

Anyway, in both positions we are not short of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He plays right wing at Barcelona, although his best position a free role behind the striker at Udinese.

Anyway, in both positions we are not short of players.

he plays in the middle

messi on the right, sanchez in the center and Neymar on the left, he may float to the wing sometimes but he mainly plays down the middle

With Chile he plays thru the center too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another war chest? That's nice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement