Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

collie0708 wrote: »
    My brother and I are heading over let's hope we get 3 points,have tried a few pubs round old Trafford but the bishop blaize is my favorite so can't recommend anywhere better..

This is my 10th game and I've yet too see them get anything but the 3 points so hope that trend continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    he plays in the middle

messi on the right, sanchez in the center and Neymar on the left, he may float to the wing sometimes but he mainly plays down the middle

With Chile he plays thru the center too

To be fair, Messi was played a lot through the middle with Sanchez as a wing forward type for a while, he can do it, but we don't need him and should really be targeting players in positions we do need them!

Sanchez has never been the same player for Barca that he was for Udinese in the role. He hasn't been a flop or anything, you know what I mean though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    To be fair, Messi was played a lot through the middle with Sanchez as a wing forward type for a while, he can do it, but we don't need him and should really be targeting players in positions we do need them!

Sanchez has never been the same player for Barca that he was for Udinese in the role. He hasn't been a flop or anything, you know what I mean though

He looked good during his first 6 months for Barca and has started this season very well. In between that he's been very average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    He looked good during his first 6 months for Barca and has started this season very well. In between that he's been very average.

Would agree with you, but I don't think Barca are set up to get the best out of him, thought he was a strange buy for them at the time and still do.

Largely agree with your assessment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

buy cm's first then worry about other positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any of you see Chico moving? If he does I give up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I can see him going, and i'd hate that.

Put yourself in his shoes, under SAF he was getting game time, new manager comes in and he's gone down the pecking order and hardly playing. His love for the club is surely diminishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I hope Moyes doesn't spend in January just for the sake of it. Not a fan of the January window. Always feels like sifting through the bargain bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

I hope Moyes doesn't spend in January just for the sake of it. Not a fan of the January window. Always feels like sifting through the bargain bin.

I agree. I cant see who he can bring in that is not CL tied. I think he would be better ensuring that we get a top 4 finish and then buy in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Sir Alex has had a road named after him. Personally I think its good that he is alive to see his legendary status recognised.

WP1VG7T.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

scudzilla wrote: »
    I can see him going, and i'd hate that.

Put yourself in his shoes, under SAF he was getting game time, new manager comes in and he's gone down the pecking order and hardly playing. His love for the club is surely diminishing

I believe he played less than 1000 minutes last season.

So you walk down Sir Alex way, past the Sir Alex statue and into the Sir Alex stand.

No Pressure Moyes.

(taken from twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Ferguson is looking well these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Owen_S wrote: »
    Ferguson is looking well these days

Yeah, I was thinking that watching his interview on CBS the other week, looks like the lack of stress is doing him good. Was good to see him looking healthy, well deserved break too.

Moyes on the other hand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Robson99 wrote: »
    I agree. I cant see who he can bring in that is not CL tied. I think he would be better ensuring that we get a top 4 finish and then buy in the summer

We've no chance in the CL anyway so bringing in a player who's team is knocked out early may benefit us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Robson99 wrote: »

Right now, the pressure on Moyes is to increase our league standing. I'd imagine most won't care if we get a cup tied player who helps drag us back up the table...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We've no chance in the CL anyway so bringing in a player who's team is knocked out early may benefit us.

It was only an undeserved red card that stopped United pushing Real to the limit last season. I would have fancied them against Dortmund after that and to give Bayern a challenge. Worse teams have won the CL in the last few seasons. People are overreacting to a few bad performances where players have been in and out of the team adapting to a new manager and coaching staff. That could and probably will all be different by February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I bloody love Fergie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

I dont see many of the top players being out of CL football in January. The only thing that might stand to us is the fact that it is a WC year and some of the bigger players might not be getting a lot of game time at their clubs. Although not many come to mind

Liam O wrote: »
    It was only an undeserved red card that stopped United pushing Real to the limit last season. I would have fancied them against Dortmund after that and to give Bayern a challenge. Worse teams have won the CL in the last few seasons. People are overreacting to a few bad performances where players have been in and out of the team adapting to a new manager and coaching staff. That could and probably will all be different by February.

Yeh its not like all the biggest teams have strenghtened their teams :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

SAF looks ten years younger. I'm glad he retired now, deserves it after his service to the club.

SAF looks ten years younger. I'm glad he retired now, deserves it after his service to the club.

Fergie 71-10=61

Hi David? Yeh we need you to step aside....Fergie found the fountain of youth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be interesting to see how we cope with pressing game they will bring at weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The pressure is on Moyes now but it will be nothing compared to not getting full points in the PL games before we face Arsenal

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8970240/transfer-news-ipswich-could-extend-ryan-tunnicliffes-loan-from-manchester-united

Doing well at Ipswich but whats the craic with Tunnicliffe I thought he was older than 20, I remember seeing him on MUTV a few years ago dominating games, is he rated at OT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8970240/transfer-news-ipswich-could-extend-ryan-tunnicliffes-loan-from-manchester-united

Doing well at Ipswich but whats the craic with Tunnicliffe I thought he was older than 20, I remember seeing him on MUTV a few years ago dominating games, is he rated at OT?

I think he is rated well enough at OT, but I can't see him having a future with us.

I did have hopes for him, Pogba and Morrison forming a perfect midfield 3 for us - but two are going and I reckon Tunnicliffe will be gone soon enough too.

Just doesn't have the technique or speed on the ball required. Will be a decent player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm growing more and more resigned to the fact. When he looked pissed coming off a few weeks ago, I think it said a lot.

Said myself before the summer that I couldn't see Rooney and Chico staying - I expected Rooney to be gone (to PSG) but if that didn't come about and Rooney stayed, that Chico would be looking to leave.

As it stands, I reckon Chico would like first team football, here or elsewhere - so would like to talk to other teams. However, I reckon United will be loath to lose him as much because I don't think the Rooney issue is over. He hasn't really commited himself to United - he has committed himself to playing professionally, and he will only have 1 year left on his contract come the end of this season. While United are looking at talking about a new contract I have heard Rooney has pushed them back - and even if contract talks do happen, I can see there being a big issue when (imo) United won't be offering an increase on the current term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

3 games in a row playing at 3 o clock on a Saturday, when is the last time that happened?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    3 games in a row playing at 3 o clock on a Saturday, when is the last time that happened?

probably the 80's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

probably the 80's....

All we now is Sports Stadium to make a comeback:)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

If we sell Chico (I really hope we don't) to Spurs I hope we bleed them (Levy) for every last penny after the way they've jerked us around sticking "United tax" on any previous dealings we've had with them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

SAF looks ten years younger.

I know it's a common saying when people retire, but he really doesn't. His appearance hasn't magically changed in the last few months.

The only thing that may have changed is that you no longer perceive him to be under the pressure of driving one of the worlds biggest football clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

RVD420 wrote: »
    If we sell Chico (I really hope we don't) to Spurs I hope we bleed them (Levy) for every last penny after the way they've jerked us around sticking "United tax" on any previous dealings we've had with them :mad:

If we sell Chico, I hope we....

sack the f*cker who sanctioned the move before it's too late :pac::pac:

v3ttel wrote: »
    I know it's a common saying when people retire, but he really doesn't. His appearance hasn't magically changed in the last few months.

The only thing that may have changed is that you no longer perceive him to be under the pressure of driving one of the worlds biggest football clubs.

I know it's a common thing to disagree with people on the internet, but he really does. His appearance hasn't magically changed in the last few months, he is under less stress and it shows.

Manchester-Uniteds-Sir-Al-008.jpg

WP1VG7T.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Doesn't Ferguson suffer from Rosacea? If so then I don't think you can compare a photo from what is possibly a warm room and one from outside. I think he does look better though but don't think you can compare the two photos above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I know it's a common thing to disagree with people on the internet, but he really does. His appearance hasn't magically changed in the last few months, he is under less stress and it shows.

Exactly, if you don't think working hard for long hours (SAF, reportedly, first in last out for years, basically 365 days a year) in a high pressure, stressful job doesn't effect you physically, well, then, you're wrong.

man i hate international weeks. Arguing over SAFs complexion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya lets moan about Fellaini instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that damn hair of his

man i hate international weeks. Arguing over SAFs complexion!

I'd much rather argue about that than the rest of the ****e that's been argued about this past week. :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2460991/Manchester-United-ready-make-fresh-16m-Atletico-midfielder-Koke-new-Xavi.html

United linked with another January move - this time for Koke from At. Madrid. Central midfielder.

Reckon if we are serious for him, we will hear a lot of Chico-At.Mardrid/Koke-United stories between now and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

I absolutely don't want Hernandez to leave... but if he were to go, and go to Spurs, we should absolutely ride Levy for £30m-£35m like he did to us with Berbatov.

RT2010 wrote: »
    I absolutely don't want Hernandez to leave... but if he were to go, and go to Spurs, we should absolutely ride Levy for £30m-£35m like he did to us with Berbatov.

if we goes it will be for 15million or so, I reckon. United stink at selling players.

RVD420 wrote: »

+1 ... Just seen this!!

• Advertisement

if we goes it will be for 15million or so, I reckon. United stink at selling players.

True yes, 15m up to maybe 20m depending on how desperate the club is. Think he would really flourish at the likes of Spurs, however it would strengthen a potential rival so doubt it will happen. He would head to Spain I think if he goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yes, a player who can barely get game time and who (if it gets to that stage) is requesting a transfer.

We'll get loads for him!

:rolleyes:

I love Chico, but the truth is that when players are like that, they won't sell for loads. There's a reason United never can sell for much; it's because we tend to sell players who can't get into our first team and who aren't wanted.

Look at Ronaldo as an example of having a first team player we didn't want to let go, and we got tonnes for him. But when it's a player like Chico who can't even get game time and is requesting the move, that always, always lowers the price drastically.

Obviously I was joking with getting the £30m - £35m from Spurs. But as for my previous post saying 15m to 20m, I believe that United will definitely get that price for him if we sell.

£15m will be the floor price and clubs like Athletico or whoever will pay at least that for a player of his age and quality, no matter how few games he has played recently. His good form with Mexico and the fact that his wages probably wouldn't be astronomical would also help.

IvySlayer wrote: »

I don't like the 3 o'clock Saturday kick off's because I think UTD are at their most lack luster during these games, in recent times. It has something to do with OT being at its quietest for the 3 o clocks I think.

I have been to a few of these and the stadium always seems at its most lifeless. Its no excuse for a poor team display but the atmosphere does have an effect and there seems to be a lack of urgency about UTD during these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Seen this mentioned a few times on here but the facts don't back it up IMO.

Who Have United sold in the last 5-6 years where the price was below the perceived market value at the time? Can't even think of one to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement