Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

1. I cricticise UTD plenty.

2. I didn't attack anyone, I attacked his post.

3. He does not have a valid point. Its not the truth or concerned with dealing with the truth. Its a pop at UTD and our chief exec and is a non researched and structured post.

4. Severe fundamental issue? This is a gross over dramatisation. You say I have my head in the sand but its not the case. I see the reality of the club as a business where as you and other posters are over negative and looking for any chance to have a go at the club and Woodward personally. Would you elaborate on the severe fundamental issues?

That was not an attack on you but a disagreement with your post. If you can't see where any of the points, 3 & 4 especially are coming from I don't know how to explain it because its obvious to anyone who looks at the current situation objectively.

Out of curiosity for those who get on to Homer so much, particularly Bumbleswizzim who thanked the quoted post, moment after highlighting and criticising Homers condescending attitude toward a poster.

This kind of condescending stuff is ok, but if Homer does it, its not? Is that how it works?

Putting Homer down is ok, but if he is perceived to be putting another down, that's a problem?

I have had many "debates" with Homer and we disagree on plenty, but the double standards used when it comes to him is a bit sad

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Should concentrate on trying to improve his transfer negotiation skills first.. great to see where Woodward and utds priorities lie...

Complete assumption, you and nobody here has any idea of what work he does.
    honest question, do you get offended by everything thats doesnt involve licking Uniteds ass?

Is that an honest question or is it one of your standard antagonistic posts?
    you complain about me and others going on about whats going wrong in the club, but your constant attacking of people who say anything bad about anything United related, is actually worse...much worse.

No, it isn't. Your constant aggressive/antagonistic posting style coupled with your constant attacking of the club is unrelenting, tedious and unbearable.
    this poster has a valid point, what he says is the truth,

No it isn't, neither he nor you have any idea how hard Woodward works, in fact you know absolutely nothing about him except for his job title and name. To claim anything else means your are employed at the club and work closely with him or you're delusional.
    yet you dismiss it as rubbish. i admire your staunch defense of the club, i used be like that when i was younger,

Condescension, that's original for you isn't it?
    but theres so many people with their heads in the sand when it comes to realising there are severe fundamental issues with the way the club is being run.

"I know better than everyone else blah blah blah", once again this is typical.
    you may not agree with it, but you cant acuse people of being negative or moaning, as your constantly doing it yourself.

Most ironic statement of 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sacramento wrote: »
    No it isn't, neither he nor you have any idea how hard Woodward works, in fact you know absolutely nothing about him except for his job title and name. To claim anything else means your are employed at the club and work closely with him or you're delusional.

Have heard from a few who do media stuff in football (two journos and a radio host) that the feeling around the game, and at OT, is that during the summer at least Woodward was completely out of his depth and had no idea how to negotiate transfer deals with clubs - and that people in football found United and Woodward laughable.

Maybe you think these people are being lied to or lying to me, but there certainly is talk (at least) that Woodward has a lot of learning to do.

Maybe it is lies.

Maybe he simply didn't have time to do what was required and January/Summer onwards will be much better.

Maybe it is true and he is/was out of his depth and negotiating with other clubs and signing top level players is a skill set he doesn't have and needs to work on.

kryogen wrote: »
    Out of curiosity for those who get on to Homer so much, particularly Bumbleswizzim who thanked the quoted post, moment after highlighting and criticising Homers condescending attitude toward a poster.

This kind of condescending stuff is ok, but if Homer does it, its not? Is that how it works?

Putting Homer down is ok, but if he is perceived to be putting another down, that's a problem?

I have had many "debates" with Homer and we disagree on plenty, but the double standards used when it comes to him is a bit sad

I can see where you're coming from but Homer starts off his post with something that is deliberately written to annoy:
    honest question, do you get offended by everything thats doesnt involve licking Uniteds ass?

Then follows on with the rest, it's not just the condescension that gets peoples backs up, it's how aggressive his posts are from the very start. They're written to piss people off, they don't encourage reasonable calm debate.

Have heard from a few who do media stuff in football (two journos and a radio host) that the feeling around the game, and at OT, is that during the summer at least Woodward was completely out of his depth and had no idea how to negotiate transfer deals with clubs - and that people in football found United and Woodward laughable.

Maybe you think these people are being lied to or lying to me, but there certainly is talk (at least) that Woodward has a lot of learning to do.

Maybe it is lies.

Maybe he simply didn't have time to do what was required and January/Summer onwards will be much better.

Maybe it is true and he is/was out of his depth and negotiating with other clubs and signing top level players is a skill set he doesn't have and needs to work on.

That's kinda my point, all those "maybe's" are possibilities, nothing can be definitively said about the man or the work that he does. He may well have been the person to blame or he could have done a great job. We don't and can't know. Anyone claiming otherwise is either making assumptions or is working at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

What you highlighted is not condescending. I honestly can't see how anyone who looks at the clubs situation can think we have a severe fundamental issue with its operation. I can't see how they would think this so I said it. I never said anyones was too dumb, blinkered or byassed to understand and didn't imply it either. I genuinely cant explain that attitude so I put it down to negativity and people still mad at the transfer window and taking it out on Woddy, Moyes or the club, thats the only rational explanation I can think of.

You talk about a double standard for Homer? Firstly my bolded text was not a condecending jab, put there has been a few exchanges with homer and me and like you said with other posters. Have you considered that its not a double standard but people reacting to an inflamatory and condescending post.

Homer called a lot of fans clowns, he accussed me of licking UTD's ass and threw the when I was young line at me also, I'm in my thirties. Its water of a ducks back and I went nowhere near that kind of tone in my reply but I could understand how another poster would and its not a double standard its extending a poster the same level of courtesy they have shown you. I don't think Homer is a overly aggresive poster or what he says doesn't bother me, its just a difference of opinion. Just the other day I said he could replace Dunphy and he said I could replace Joe Duffy, we are having a back and forth. There is no double standard and we are both big boys who can take it.

That's kinda my point, all those "maybe's" are possibilities, nothing can be definitively said about the man or the work that he does. He may well have been the person to blame or he could have done a great job. We don't and can't know. Anyone claiming otherwise is either making assumptions or is working at the club.

No - this bit in bold is not factual and this is my point.

Anyone claiming otherwise could have been told so by people working for the club, or people working for Barcelona - for example.

They aren't working for United themselves, and aren't making assumptions - they are being told things by people they trust.

It may be stuff you consider to be lies, but it doesn't mean anyone who believes it or at least considers it a point worthy of discussion and credence is delusional.

No - this bit in bold is not factual and this is my point.

Anyone claiming otherwise could have been told so by people working for the club, or people working for Barcelona - for example.

They aren't working for United themselves, and aren't making assumptions - they are being told things by people they trust.

It may be stuff you consider to be lies, but it doesn't mean anyone who believes it or at least considers it a point worthy of discussion and credence is delusional.

Ok that's fair enough, but that's as reliable as chinese whispers to me. I've yet to see anyone here that has made the claim while also claiming they know someone who knows someone etc etc..
    Also yet to see an article by someone that actually seems credible, all of the accusations thrown at Woodward have used the end result - lack of signings - to justify the accusation rather than quoting an "inside source".

Maybe it is lies.

Maybe it was Moyes on the phone after Woodward did the ground work that the deal fell through. Maybe it was all Moyes or all Woodwards fault.

Thats the thing, nobody knows so you can't expect us to take these "I have heards" as reliable.

I wouldn't say delusional but I would say some people are still miffed at the transfer window and looking for any excuse to be negative. If a "I heard" story comes their way painting Woodward in a bad light and because it fits the bill and they adopt it as fact than that person is not objectively looking at things or forming at reasonable and realisitc opinion and cannot be taken seriously in a debate.
    Ok that's fair enough, but that's as reliable as chinese whispers to me. I've yet to see anyone here that has made the claim while also claiming they know someone who knows someone etc etc..
    Also yet to see an article by someone that actually seems credible, all of the accusations thrown at Woodward have used the end result - lack of signings - to justify the accusation rather than quoting an "inside source".

Its not far off it. Nobody knows what happened. Some people want to make Woodward the scapegoat.

To be fair - it would be a very brave reporter, and paper, who would write that story - regardless of how well they can back it up.

Fergie might be gone but they still won't be quick to hammer United and their CEO - United are too big to piss off that much and possibly publicly humiliate. Same goes for most big clubs. I don't see papers being too willing to stick a boot in to an administration they see being there for a while, too much to lose for the sake of one decent run off the story.

I do understand you stance with regards to this semi-private utterances, of course, but my point is simply that people who criticise Woodward/United on the back of these stories aren't doing so from a position of complete and blind ignorance combined with anger. There is some sort of backing to their points - how solid it is, is another matter I grant you.

• Advertisement

Nobody knows what happened.
    Of course people know what happened.

Whether you want to believe them is another matter - but you can't simply say no one outside of some private inner circle at United know what happened. Stuff will have leaked within the club. Clubs they dealt with, or tried to deal with, know what happened - and people connected to those clubs could very well know what happened; and that is how these stories can come from.

It simply isn't a case of either Woodward told you or you can't possibly know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I heard Woodward is the best negotiator in the business. I heard that he's so good at negotiating that the people he was negotiating with on transfers couldn't keep up with his negotiating skills. The problem is not Woodward, it's everybody else. He negotiated the sh*t out of them!!!

Of course people know what happened.

Whether you want to believe them is another matter - but you can't simply say no one outside of some private inner circle at United know what happened. Stuff will have leaked within the club. Clubs they dealt with, or tried to deal with, know what happened - and people connected to those clubs could very well know what happened; and that is how these stories can come from.

It simply isn't a case of either Woodward told you or you can't possibly know.

I should have said nobody on boards knows what happened. Of course those on the inside will know. There are privacy disclosure rules between clubs and set for staff at clubs to protect the image of a club but football being as popular as it is there will be leaks.

There are also plenty of people who get annoyed at they way things go and willing to spread false information so there is no way we can tell which news is true and which is rubbish.

With all due respect your story about peoples opinions of Woodward amounts to nothing more than "Guess what I heard" gossip. There is no reliable factual basis to it and maybe its not case of the papers not being brave enough to run it but there is no story there to run.

I can see where you're coming from but Homer starts off his post with something that is deliberately written to annoy:

Then follows on with the rest, it's not just the condescension that gets peoples backs up, it's how aggressive his posts are from the very start. They're written to piss people off, they don't encourage reasonable calm debate.

I fully understand, and it was only a couple of weeks ago we had a tit for tat due to what I saw as an elitist comment by him, just pointing out the double standard really.

Stupid international breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

To be fair - it would be a very brave reporter, and paper, who would write that story - regardless of how well they can back it up.

Fergie might be gone but they still won't be quick to hammer United and their CEO - United are too big to piss off that much and possibly publicly humiliate. Same goes for most big clubs. I don't see papers being too willing to stick a boot in to an administration they see being there for a while, too much to lose for the sake of one decent run off the story.

I do understand you stance with regards to this semi-private utterances, of course, but my point is simply that people who criticise Woodward/United on the back of these stories aren't doing so from a position of complete and blind ignorance combined with anger. There is some sort of backing to their points - how solid it is, is another matter I grant you.

On this, I have to say I disagree.

I think the press are licking their lips when it comes to United at the moment. For the first time in two decades there is a perceived weakness surrounding united and the press are all over it. They have been mostly afraid of Fergie and now they see the opportunity to get their digs in. I doubt any of the press are worried that the new regime are gonna be there for a considerable length of time at the minute.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Complete assumption, you and nobody here has any idea of what work he does.

.....Most ironic statement of 2013.

you're obsession with me is kinda cute, but its also f*cking sad.

you whinge, moan, bitch and what not about me, yet you still reply to my posts and get involved in things that dont involve you.

hit that ignore button please and f*ck off and leave me alone, im sick of reading your tripe, as i am sure you are, of mine.

thanks.

i remember about 6 months ago, a few posters start to act the b*llix towards you, then it was Mitch the circle jerk ganged up on, then a few people had a pop at Kew, the it was me and so on and so on. its what these people do, you call it double standards, i call it bitterness.

slag off Mike Phelan - you are an asshole.
    slag off Woodward - you dont know what you are talking about.
    complain about United - how dare you.
    lash phil jones- you dont have a clue, he is the best young player on football manager.
    complain about the clubs transfer policy - its how it went on FIFA, you dont know what your talking about...
    have issue with our s*it football and poor selections - you are not a real fan.

and so on and so on. to keep in with the jerk circle here, you cant say a word about the club, our fans, our manager or anything or you get attacked for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Abuse and insult everybody that dares call you out on your tiresome crusade and then play the victim :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If you've got an issue with the way a poster posts then bring it to PM with them or just put them on ignore. This is the last time I want to see a discussion of how a poster posts in here.

i remember about 6 months ago, a few posters start to act the b*llix towards you, then it was Mitch the circle jerk ganged up on, then a few people had a pop at Kew, the it was me and so on and so on. its what these people do, you call it double standards, i call it bitterness.

slag off Mike Phelan - you are an asshole.
    slag off Woodward - you dont know what you are talking about.
    complain about United - how dare you.
    lash phil jones- you dont have a clue, he is the best young player on football manager.
    complain about the clubs transfer policy - its how it went on FIFA, you dont know what your talking about...
    have issue with our s*it football and poor selections - you are not a real fan.

That first paragraph is nonesense. What circlejerk? People dont take your insults and you feel plotted against? Nonsense

That list of points is childish and bizzare, plenty of us have issues with our football this and last season. Referencing Fifa? That list is just a mess of bull****.

Actually the whole post is poor from start to finish. So how would you like the thread? Everyones takes your insults and agrees with you or else its one big conspiracy?

If you honestly believe any of that you need to break a take from the thread.

You never replied with an elaboration on the severe fundamental issues at UTD?

Aaaaaannnyyway, who should we go after in January do you all reckon? Slim pickings out there at the moment if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

More quality midfielders.

Carrick only has a year or two left in him, and the likes of cleverly and Anderson while being decent players will never be world class. Fellaini won't solve everything on his own.

Keep buying top quality midfielders. That would be my suggestion. If you could get a Modric or somebody of that ilk it would be a start. He's gettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

buy a quality midfielder in January another two in the summer,would love reus,can see that dortmund team being torn apart over the summer,the way things going with khedira he might be up for sale in the summer also,we should aim high

We should be aiming higher then Khedira, but whatever. Reus will more then likely stick around at Dortmund for another season or so minimum I reckon, barring an unbelievable world cup, and since he isn't a central midfield player like we need Im not sure why he is being mentioned, we cant accommodate his predecessor in our team, who is a superior player. Why bother wasting another young talents time?

I want an all rounder and a midfield play maker, someone who can dictate the tempo of the game from midfield, alongside Fellaini and AN Other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I wouldn't be surprised if Kagawa is used in a transfer deal come January. There was a game recently where he started, played well, but Moyes subbed him at half-time.
    SHINJI-KAGAWA_2704375b.jpg
    Photo: GETTY IMAGES
    “There's a matter of fitness and there's also that atmosphere of playing for my country,” Kagawa said. "It's different from the atmosphere at United, but you still get a good feel for being on the pitch when you play regularly.

"Maybe it's because I'm not used to being on the pitch of late, but I didn't feel like I was able to enter these two games properly.

“During tough times like these I have to improve myself.

"Personally, I felt strongly after these two matches (against Serbia and Belarus) that I need to play more and, as a team, there are many things we need to do.

"We all need to go back to our European or J-League clubs and take what we learned in these two matches and work to fix those problems.”

Telegraph

I wouldn't be surprised if Kagawa is used in a transfer deal come January. There was a game recently where he started, played well, but Moyes subbed him at half-time.

Definitely under used but I can't see him leaving in January, come the end of the season when games come thick and fast I can definitely see him being used much more frequently. I'd love to see him used far more right now, I'm a huge fan of his, he's a fantastic player that we got for an absolute steal. God it depresses me when I think about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Haven't been following the thread so sorry if this has been discussed but did I hear United sold Ravel Morrison for a measly 500k? is there even a buy back clause?? I knew he was a bit of a bad egg but that is just ridiculous.

Between that and the Pogba catastrophe United are a laughing stock when it comes to selling young players and or not seeing or appreciating the potential in them. Even Januzaj is the first young player whos came through the ranks since Rafael/Wellbeck/Macheda? Shocking

Definitely under used but I can't see him leaving in January, come the end of the season when games come thick and fast I can definitely see him being used much more frequently. I'd love to see him used far more right now, I'm a huge fan of his, he's a fantastic player that we got for an absolute steal. God it depresses me when I think about it...

He'll be itching for a move in January if he doesn't get played much before then. Moyes subbing him at half-time, when most say he was playing well, seems to say Moyes isn't a huge fan.
    Haven't been following the thread so sorry if this has been discussed but did I hear United sold Ravel Morrison for a measly 500k? is there even a buy back clause?? I knew he was a bit of a bad egg but that is just ridiculous.

Between that and the Pogba catastrophe United are a laughing stock when it comes to selling young players and or not seeing or appreciating the potential in them. Even Januzaj is the first young player whos came through the ranks since Rafael/Wellbeck/Macheda? Shocking

They get 25k every game he plays, (up to how much I don't know) which is why the initial fee was so low. Both clubs were happy with this deal. I think it was because Sam and SAF are buddies that United agreed. Don't think there is a buy-back.

Special report: The real history of Adnan Januzaj, Europe's most wanted teenager

The debate that rages over which country Adnan Januzaj should represent appears to be rather more civilised in England than it is elsewhere.
    Last week on Albanian television they discussed the most sought-after teenager in European football on a programme entitled Hero or Traitor, the view being that he would be the latter if he turned his back on his family’s heritage to represent anyone else.
    On the face of it the 18-year-old who shot to prominence with two brilliant goals in only his third appearance for Manchester United would seem to be spoilt for choice. His direct style and willingness to dribble past defenders as if it was the most natural thing in the world has everyone purring.
    The reality, however, is very different and those who have encountered Januzaj on his journey are saddened by the pressure being placed on his gifted young shoulders.

A DailyMail article that actually has some effort and research put into it! :eek:

article that actually has some effort and research put into it! :eek:

I think it's crazy the sort of pressure he has to deal with regarding which country he wants to represent, here's hoping it doesn't get to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It would make my year to see him sign a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

He'll be itching for a move in January if he doesn't get played much before then. Moyes subbing him at half-time, when most say he was playing well, seems to say Moyes isn't a huge fan.

i would say its early doors yet. and he can be itching for a move all he wants he has a contract for another few years so its all in uniteds hands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

WRT Januzaj in terms of him signing up, from reading that piece I wonder does it matter that our club captain is Serbian...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

500K was an ok given how much of a little **** he was. Completely unprofessional and was the same at west ham until he got shipped to Birmingham for a year did he get a wake up call

If he stayed at united he probably would have been the same **** he was even with a loan out imo

It was best for Morrison and United that ties were cut imo cause he was going nowhere with his talent in manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

NTMK wrote: »
    500K was an ok given how much of a little **** he was. Completely unprofessional and was the same at west ham until he got shipped to Birmingham for a year did he get a wake up call

If he stayed at united he probably would have been the same **** he was even with a loan out imo

It was best for Morrison and United that ties were cut imo cause he was going nowhere with his talent in manchester

Im sure he will be back, He was saying he is looking forward to playing City due to his history with United, thats what I like to hear :D

Im sure he will be back, He was saying he is looking forward to playing City due to his history with United, thats what I like to hear :D

I hope he'll be back with a different attitude. he was one of the most gifted players ive ever seen at united but I fear his past and where hes from may interfere if he was to return

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    I hope he'll be back with a different attitude. he was one of the most gifted players ive ever seen at united but I fear his past and where hes from may interfere if he was to return

Exactly I had never been so excited about a player since Ronaldo. Hopefully his scummy mates get locked up and keep away from Ravel.

Exactly I had never been so excited about a player since Ronaldo. Hopefully his scummy mates get locked up and keep away from Ravel.

his actions on Tuesday V Zaha suggest he has learned very little.

Meh, a whole load of meh in fact.

It happens now and then on the pitch, particularly with younger players never mind experienced players (Viera/Keane/Rooney)

Ever been to Astro park? I think ive had more handbags on it than you on Man Utd threads :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Hopefully his scummy mates get locked up and keep away from Ravel.

Poor Ravel!! You make it sound like he was some angel lead astray....this guy was done for assault.....against his own mother, ffs!!
    He's a scumbag himself make no mistake about that and we're better off without.
    I'm all for agressive, firey young players but this guy was a different kettle of fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Aaaaaannnyyway, who should we go after in January do you all reckon? Slim pickings out there at the moment if you ask me.

Very little available out there I would say. Being linked with Koke from Ath Mad but cannot see him leaving Spain with the WC coming up. Personally I would prioritise Modric and Reus. Modric would give us a lot of creativity and Reus would give us a lot more pace, creativity and goals compared to Nani, Valencia and Young.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Very little available out there I would say. Being linked with Koke from Ath Mad but cannot see him leaving Spain with the WC coming up. Personally I would prioritise Modric and Reus. Modric would give us a lot of creativity and Reus would give us a lot more pace, creativity and goals compared to Nani, Valencia and Young.

is Modric getting game time at Madrid so far this season?

is Modric getting game time at Madrid so far this season?

played in every league game so far not sure whether or not he was starting though

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

I reckon the ball is starting to roll down the hill after Moyes difficult start, a uphill task. He needed that international break. He now knows where his office is. :)

ericzeking wrote: »
    Poor Ravel!! You make it sound like he was some angel lead astray....this guy was done for assault.....against his own mother, ffs!!
    He's a scumbag himself make no mistake about that and we're better off without.
    I'm all for agressive, firey young players but this guy was a different kettle of fish.

Well Eric ze King launched himself at a fan but we love him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I reckon the ball is starting to roll down the hill after Moyes difficult start, a uphill task. He needed that international break. He now knows where his office is. :)

The last thing Moyes needed was the international break. Kagawa, Chico going away again and after long journeys will need to be rested. Loads of players playing midweek and playing an on form team Southampton on Saturday. Really worried about Saturday Southampton are going to be a very tough games but hopeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Four home games in 10 days starting on Saturday, all winnable games too. Hopefully we can build a bit of momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The last thing Moyes needed was the international break. Kagawa, Chico going away again and after long journeys will need to be rested. Loads of players playing midweek and playing an on form team Southampton on Saturday. Really worried about Saturday Southampton are going to be a very tough games but hopeful.

Kagawa and Chico could be playing on Mars for all the difference it would make to Moyes' plans for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Kagawa and Chico could be playing on Mars for all the difference it would make to Moyes' plans for them.

But i don't get this at all Fergie done the same thing last season not just Moyes. I am hopeful as internationals die down we will see more of them. In fairness 7 games into the season and both players missed pre season and have had long international journeys. I would put this down as a bit of the reason for lack of gametime. Hopefully we can work them into the team now internationals are over or nearly over for awhile.

owned_e73c0c_4842788.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement