Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I doubt Januzaj is a United fan therefore he is more likely to be objective with his future career. Why would he commit to us now when he could possibly make more money elsewhere or perhaps join his boyhood team?

Maybe he wants to see how we do this year. We've had a poor start in the league and we had a poor transfer window. We've had a rocky transitional period. Maybe the guy is keeping his head and he wants to see what the next 8/9 months bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Robson99 wrote: »
    Rooney hasnt scored from play in the league this season and hasnt had an assist since the swansea game. Thats not good form.

The reason I would play Rooney on the right is because I think he is better than Nani

So you think because a player is a better than somebody else they should take their position,. Rooney is a horrible winger. Maybe by your idea we can fit Kagaea into cb Ferdinand has been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Nuts102 wrote: »
    So you think because a player is a better than somebody else they should take their position,. Rooney is a horrible winger. Maybe by your idea we can fit Kagaea into cb Ferdinand has been poor.

Grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why the Fcuk wouldn't they include penalties in someones goal tally ? Does a goal not mean as much if it's a penalty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Why the Fcuk wouldn't they include penalties in someone goal tally ? Does a goal not mean as much if it's a penalty .

Probably because a player could stand scratching his arse at the corner flag all day, then be handed the ball to take a free shot from 12 yards out. If you want to judge a players form, then I would say that scoring penalties doesn't really give you much information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

zerks wrote: »
    Due to EPL withdrawl symptoms,I started the match thread early.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057064188

You should link your latest match thread in your sig :pac::pac:

We need ze epl

Rooney hasnt scored from play in the league this season and hasnt had an assist since the swansea game. Thats not good form.

The reason I would play Rooney on the right is because I think he is better than Nani

A surprising amount of your posts are absolute ring ~80% I'd say.

Edit: within this thread I mean. You had at least 50 before you got access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 30s
    BREAKING: Adnan Januzaj signs new five-year contract with #mufc. Adnan: “I've always felt this was the right club.” pic.twitter.com/N2RKUngzE3

Lovely!

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Oct/adnan-januzaj-signs-five-year-contract-with-manchester-united.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

BREAKING NEWS: Woodward finally seen months after leaving pre-season Australia tour to conduct "urgent club business".

BW7gQE_CMAAAvkn.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Great job by the club to get him tied down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great start to the day. Now just get 3 fecking points please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

So thats Adnan dropped today then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

A surprising amount of your posts are absolute ring ~80% I'd say.

Edit: within this thread I mean. You had at least 50 before you got access.

They are my opinions. Surprisingly to you, you might find a lot of people agree with them. We have been very poor this season and a lot of it is down to the players and their performances. We have failed to score from play against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, West Brom and needed an 18yo making his first league start to bail us out again Sunderland. I hope we can turn this around. But I am not like some fans who are going around believing that we are untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Great news to hear, has made my morning. Let's hope the lad delivers big time now. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

Where does the loop end ...... :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Soldie wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: Woodward finally seen months after leaving pre-season Australia tour to conduct "urgent club business".

This proves his genius. He knew months before us all that getting this contract signed was the most important 'transfer business' of the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Fantastic news about Januzaj, a win later today and it'll be a good day!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Timmyctc wrote: »

Canada flag I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

All we need now is for him to declare for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Well done Moyes & Woodward on getting the deal done .

Rumours that Rvp & Carrick are both out today .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Well done Moyes & Woodward on getting the deal done .

Rumours that Rvp & Carrick are both out today .

Tbh I wouldn't hugely mind seeing them straight swapped for Hernandez and Fell. I may be eating my words later mind you

They are my opinions. Surprisingly to you, you might find a lot of people agree with them. We have been very poor this season and a lot of it is down to the players and their performances. We have failed to score from play against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, West Brom and needed an 18yo making his first league start to bail us out again Sunderland. I hope we can turn this around. But I am not like some fans who are going around believing that we are untouchable.

Never said we were, my comments were soley about you're posts. Ronney and Nani especially. Whipping out that a lot of people agree with you is a pretty weak standpoint and one that isn't really backed up either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Brilliant news!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

All we need now is for him to declare for Ireland.

Nah he really should declare for Kosovo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nah he really should declare for Kosovo

Yeah, that'd be great for United alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Awesome news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Foooookkkkking brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Really hope this fella turns out to be as good as we all hope he's going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

today is the start of a 6 week period that will define Moyes era at United, its time that he either sinks or swims.

massive game, 3 points by no means guaranteed and Southampton will give it a right go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

today is the start of a 6 week period that will define Moyes era at United, its time that he either sinks or swims.

massive game, 3 points by no means guaranteed and Southampton will give it a right go.

I think Southampton will do a lot more than just give it a go, they've looked really dangerous, it depends what United team show up but if it's the one we've seen so far this season we're in big trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Also Nick Powell leading the line for Wigan on SS1, has just missed an open goal, headed it wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never in doubt about Adnan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Southampton haven't won at OT in 25 years.

Spurs last season came with a brutal record at OT and won

WBA came this season with a brutal record at OT and won

Going to be a tight game,Utd to win 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Excellent news on Adnan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Timmyctc wrote: »

Look at the star in the top left, it flicks back just after the Canada flag goes up, so it would be there.

I dont know maybe im easily amused these days but I laughed when saw this today on FB.

562310_647414965290352_1068228629_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just got home to read the news

Man im absolutely delighted, best news for along time

Its like a new signing only it aint a new signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I dont know maybe im easily amused these days but I laughed when saw this today on FB.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562310_647414965290352_1068228629_n.jpg/QUOTE]

Giggs studied with her but Rooney shifted her:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Nice looking team today... To the pub I say...damn Setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

ericzeking wrote: »
    Nice looking team today... To the pub I say...damn Setanta

Line up?

EDIT: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj; Rooney, van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Line up?

De Gea, Raf, Evra, Jones, Evans, Nani, Januazaj, Carrick, Fellaini, RVP, Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Interested to see how Evans and Jones do at CB. Can't remember the last time they played together in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

In before Homer rants about Jones :D delighted to see him and Evans at CB, is Vidic injured or is Moyes dropping him for some of the clangers lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I like that lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Chagan wrote: »
    Interested to see how Evans and Jones do at CB. Can't remember the last time they played together in the middle.

Was the cup game against Pool??

Or was that Smalling and Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Was the cup game against Pool??

Or was that Smalling and Evans

It was Smalling and Evans. Jones played in midfield IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Some goal by Arsenal! jaysus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement