Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Doesn't look himself on the pitch at all. Offside so bloody much and out of sync with the rest of the team.

Took his goal well today because he is class, but he's been worryingly out of form for me.

He's not been out of form he just has no supply he knows we are playing balls in behind the last defender and he's on the shoulder, in contrast watch him when the Dutch play he's linking up with the midfield as there ain't 200 ****ing yards between the strikers and them, he's playing intricate 1-2s.

It's a stark contrast when you're starved for service in a united shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah your back with this ****e again, look at his performances when he's played up top for united in a run of games.

Still fairly average tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just seen the goal now, as i didnt see it properly earlier and its horrific defending from Jones. dived in needlessly to give away the corner and then beaten yet again with poor man marking though Evans did cover himself in glory....Jones caught ball watching.

rule number 1 - get goal side of the defender and he didnt do it. very poor from him.

Jones was the free man, no? Thought somebody else was marking Lallana? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly from earlier but if Lallana is somebody else's man, Jones can't really be blamed.

Moyes needs time. I've been hyper-critical of his decisions this year and I think it all points to a man that is a bit overwhelmed by the task in front of him. United should never be banking on hanging in at home to Southampton. They're a grand side and all but United at 1-0 on 65 minutes should be pushing for the second, not whipping our players off to bring on Giggs and shore ourselves up defensively.

Having said all that, I wouldn't even be considering getting rid of Moyes at all. A shaky start for a new manager is hardly unexpected and getting on his back now is counter-productive. I'll still be pissed at his decisions, though.

Some positives: Januzaj looked good. Faded a bit towards the end but we don't have many players that can play the passes he was playing earlier. Not sure he'll be a winger for his whole career, if he progresses. I'd say he'll move more central with that passing and shooting ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, do you think Fergie constantly (constantly may be an exaggeration, but every game I have seen he has been shown on the cameras) being in the stands at Old Trafford doesn't help things at all?

I know he has involvement at the club still and given who he is and what he has achieved at the club he has every right to sit there naked if he feels like it, but it can't be easy for anyone concerned knowing he is up there watching down.

I feel it might be better if Fergie wasn't at the games. It would have been like Mourinho being in the stands at Stamford Bridge when he left Chelsea in 2007, or Wenger if/when the time comes for him to leave Arsenal. It just seems a bit strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Die Hard is ****, and thats not the drink talking.

:eek:

Forget all the Moyes out posts, this tops them as the most outrageous comment of the day! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Genuinely constantly baffled how there can't be any room for Shinji to get some gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Can't be helping matters having Fergie in the stands. But what are united gonna do? tell the greatest manager of all time and the reason they're the power they are today to take a hike? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Best Christmas movie ever!

Home Alone 1 and 2 are better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

:eek:

Forget all the Moyes out posts, this tops them as the most outrageous comment of the day! :pac:

Im seriously you guys. Its rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Genuinely constantly baffled how there can't be any room for Shinji to get some gametime.

He must be absolutely sick. Between Van Persie, Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, and even Januzaj we have a front line full of creativity and goals, yet it's not happening. Arsenal have a similar setup but they play more centrally and less direct.

It's going to be an interesting season. I have no doubt that the players will kick on eventually, just hope that it's not too late when they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Can't be helping matters having Fergie in the stands. But what are united gonna do? tell the greatest manager of all time and the reason they're the power they are today to take a hike? :)

Bluntly - yes. Fergie did it with a long succession of players. He was the one who went on that everyone was a 'servant' of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

OctavarIan wrote: »
    He must be absolutely sick. Between Van Persie, Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, and even Januzaj we have a front line full of creativity and goals, yet it's not happening. Arsenal have a similar setup but they play more centrally and less direct.

It's going to be an interesting season. I have no doubt that the players will kick on eventually, just hope that it's not too late when they do.

I thought with Fellaini coming in, he'd be playing beside Carrick and RVP up top picks himself. Then there's room for 3 of Rooney, Kagawa, Januzaj and Nani to float around in behind him.

I want more Shinji. Best player we have at keeping possesion high up the pitch and around the box.

8 games. Although it feels like a lot more at this early stage we have to remember that the man has been in charge for all of 8 league games, and there's people outright calling for his head already? I can understand the posters who never wanted him at Utd in the first place, and I remember the few of you there genuinely were when the announcement was made last May, but the rest of you? Right we're all different and each person has their own opinion; Die Hard was called rubbish and then reiterated in the last few pages (Paul you cheeky git :pac:) but I really didn't think so many would turn on Moyes so soon.

Personally at this stage I can say without hesitation that I'm giving the man at the very least 2 seasons (relegation battle aside) in the hope that he will learn from the mistakes which he is making early in his United career. Yes mistakes, just because I'm not calling for his head does not put me at the polar opposite end where I think all is well in the camp.

It is clear that we are not playing attractive football at all for the most part and the substitutions are not helping, but in using the phrase 'Moyes inherited a title winning squad' as a whip to lash him with, you are overlooking the fact that these players themselves are champions. Do they really look like they are champions at the moment? Where the fúck is RVP? Where is Michael Carrick? Where is Rio and Vidic? There aren't many players in the team for me, mainly Januzaj, Rafael, Rooney and David De Gea aside, who are playing with half of the passion and the desire they displayed last year, and Adnan wasn't even in the team last season. Yes it is essentially down to the manager to drive that fire underneath these players, but for me there are things wrong at the club which were there before Moyes arrived and many are underestimating the effect both the retirement of the game's greatest manager, as well as a complete overhaul of the coaching staff will have on the players.

To dismiss the often dismissed 'transitional period', is to completely ignore the reality of what it means to be a professional footballer. We see these guys for 90 minutes on the TV per week, for the other 50 or so hours of their working week they are training and surrounded by people we don't even really see. All of these have been replaced over the summer along with Sir Alex. Whether you like it or not, there is a transitional period, if we were winning week-in and week-out there still would be a transitional period. Sadly ours is going worse than I envisioned during the summer. Still though, after 8 league games of not-so-sexy football, I myself as a United fan of 25 years am not looking for our new manager's resignation just yet. Unfortunately it is something only time will tell but time is not something afforded to managers in this game, not even by fans of Manchester United who once previously laughed at the fickle nature of clubs like Man City and Chelsea for the owner's impatience, never mind the fans, and the manager musical chairs which went on.

David Moyes not only kept Wayne Rooney at Manchester United which is something I thought no manager could do in June/July, but has Rooney putting in an honest 90 minutes most weeks in the best shape he has been in for many seasons.

DM also got Nani to sign a contract and is slowly introducing him back into the team, if a little too slowly, but Nani is going to continue to get a chance. I would like to think that both he and Shinji will feature in Europe next Wednesday.

Yesterday Adnan Januzaj signed a 5 year contract with Manchester United and is clearly one of the league's brightest prospects. It is true that I know nothing of the inner workings of the club, but would a player who just recently said that he wants to be the best in the world and could clearly make an attempt at it from what we've seen so far at his young age, and who has been reportedly inquired about by several top European clubs, would he commit to the club with a 5 year contract if he could see from within that it was a 'sinking ship' and 'heading for the gutter'?

There's also the deserved disappearance of Ashley Young from the first team, along with the gradually growing rarer appearances from Ryan Giggs. Antonio Valencia has also been given some space to think about his game.

I will say I'm a bit perturbed by the non-use of Shinji, especially after the purchase of a purpose D-Mid player in Fellaini, and would like to see more of Chicarito. But these are the very same things I was looking for last season from Sir Alex, so these aren't unprecedented choices Moyes is currently making.

I want to see David Moyes succeed at Manchester United because obviously it means the club will succeed in the process. I couldn't care less about proving the headhunter's wrong, each of us all deserve the personal satisfaction we seek from following and committing to a club like Manchester United. I really just think it is far too early to be calling for his head if for one reason alone, there is not a hope on Earth that Manchester United will sack him before the end of the season.

I really still believe it will come right. Alex Ferguson built a football club, David Moyes wants more than any one of us for this to work. The players are there to make it happen, Moyes is learning how to manage a whole different beast to Everton. 8th position after 8 games in the post-Ferguson era after a dismal summer, not ideal but not time for the nuclear launch just yet, not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

It was never going to be easy replacing Sir Alex and we all anticipated a possible drop in performance level under any new manager. If it was any other manager, say Mourinho, there could have been other issues maybe different issues.

My concern is that he seems to have brought very little to the party so far. He hasn't succeeded in finding a way to utilise the skills of Kagawa and Zaha and you would have hoped that he would have been in prime position to introduce Fellani successfully. Continuing to use Giggs and his preference for Anderson and Valencia indicates to me that he struggled to get across any new approach or changes so far. The reports about RVP not being happy with the training methods are a tad disconcerting but these type of reports are often common when things are not going well, if the team was winning such reports would not gain traction.

That said, the club are committed to him and I agree with this. Perhaps he needs to think about and get advise on how to improve the back room team. Also, the area of transfers was a major failing during the summer and it is difficult to see any significant acquisitions during January. We are now seeing the benefits of the quiet, measured approaches of Pellegrini at City. You could also say that Arsenal have set new standards this season though Wenger has had his barren seasons also.

Comparisons with last season's championship win must be tempered with the fact that we didn't play particularly well and RVP was on fire. However., it must be conceded that the sum of the parts is a drop back on recent seasons.

The club cannot just ignore the situation and the warning signs. I feel that the job is too much at the moment for Moyes and Woodward alone especially as there is a rebuilding job required in the context of a buoyant City/ Arsenal/ Chelsea. I feel that United need to appoint a Director of Football, someone with significant European experience and who could bring a freshness and new thinking and long term planning to Old Trafford as well as advise for Moyes and Woodward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

These people that are saying it's only been 8 games, give him a chance.
    I'd agree with you, if he was showing any signs of learning from mistakes as he's going. His use of subs this season has been baffling. He gave out about the tough start to the season and now he's been made to look like a fool by not winning the so called easy games.

He has taken a club that walked the league last year, and somehow disimproved it. You want to see him get more games...so let's say he gets another 8 games and continues to keep Kagawa on the bench...plays giggs young and Valencia...makes all three subs by the 70th minute changing defenders around while we're keeping a clean sheet...and then comes out the next day in the Sunday papers and blames the players. The same players that won the league last year.

All through this saga people are too willing to dismiss the fact that moyes has never won anything as a manager. Even **** teams can win a league cup or an occasional fa cup. He was praised for Everton's mediocrity...a team, lets not forget, that have improved with his absence.

Ferguson wanted to hire a manager that he had groomed so he would still have an association with any possible future man utd success. He was wrong in his belief that moyes is the man to take man utd forward. Ferguson has been wrong many, many times before.

If they sack moyes now it will be embarrassing and expensive for the club, so they won't do that. However, keeping him will ultimately lead to even more cost and embarrassment come the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This "It's only been 8 games" line annoys me.

I'm not basing my judgement on the results of 8 games. I'm basing it on his entire performance over the 4 months since he started the job. Not just the dropping of points, but the useless substitutions, the bad team selections, the negative tactics that implies he's terrified to lose. The mishandling of the players he does have, the inability to bring in players he himself identified were needed, the mishandling of every second interview he does.

In 4 months, he's managed to achieve only one thing I am happy with and that's getting Januzaj tied down to a contract. And it's saying something where my biggest joy comes from convincing an 18 year old that he should be at United, something that we should be doing anyway.

None of the worries I have with him are ones I feel will improve with time. He's had multiple chances to give Hernandez, Kagawa, Zaha chances and instead opts to play Giggs or defenders instead of them. He has had chances to kick on but seems terrifed to do so, and I don't know if that will change in time.

This idea of "He HAS to be given time" is something I hate on the field too; people gave out that Valencia was horrible but never improved because he knew he wouldn't be dropped. It's the same with Moyes now. He has to, at the very least, believe he could be sacked. Otherwise there's no real rush on him improving the squad, results or his tactics. If there's no fear there, then he won't improve...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just seen the goal now, as i didnt see it properly earlier and its horrific defending from Jones. dived in needlessly to give away the corner and then beaten yet again with poor man marking though Evans did cover himself in glory....Jones caught ball watching.

rule number 1 - get goal side of the defender and he didnt do it. very poor from him.

Thought the exact same thing myself on seeing it just now,flapping at it like a drunk,he was dealing with a CH not a top class CF trying to muscle him out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

One thing Ive noticed under Moyes is that we tend to be defending 10 to 15 yds deeper than we have in the past. Its not just when Rio is playing it was the same way yesterday. When Carrick and Fellani are playing together neither is getting forward to support the attack. IMO you either play Carrick or Fellani. We need to push further up the park. Jesus at home again Southampton and have 46% posession is shocking. Push up the park and force the opposition into mistakes. Its not rocket science. Instead we are sitting deep and half the time hitting 50yd balls up to RVP who is more often than not outnumbered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Robson99 wrote: »
    One thing Ive noticed under Moyes is that we tend to be defending 10 to 15 yds deeper than we have in the past. Its not just when Rio is playing it was the same way yesterday. When Carrick and Fellani are playing together neither is getting forward to support the attack. IMO you either play Carrick or Fellani. We need to push further up the park. Jesus at home again Southampton and have 46% posession is shocking. Push up the park and force the opposition into mistakes. Its not rocket science. Instead we are sitting deep and half the time hitting 50yd balls up to RVP who is more often than not outnumbered

MOTD highlighted this in a limited way last night,they showed how Southampton at one stage had 9 players joining an attack and as soon as they lost the ball,they harried United players and won it back,we couldn't deal with that.Before,if a team commited that many players forward against us you could almost bet your house on us breaking & scoring within 10 seconds.
    Thankfully Evra & Raphael are so attacking or we'd never get out of our own half,as you alluded to & I mentioned in posts before,we are resorting to hail Mary balls to the wings or RVP and most of the time it's coming straight back at us.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    MOTD highlighted this in a limited way last night,they showed how Southampton at one stage had 9 players joining an attack and as soon as they lost the ball,they harried United players and won it back,we couldn't deal with that.Before,if a team commited that many players forward against us you could almost bet your house on us breaking & scoring within 10 seconds.
    Thankfully Evra & Raphael are so attacking or we'd never get out of our own half,as you alluded to & I mentioned in posts before,we are resorting to hail Mary balls to the wings or RVP and most of the time it's coming straight back at us.

Didnt see MOTD yet. I agree only for Evra and Raphael attacking we would be puke altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Its horrific watching us at the minute and every week I hear new excuses it's getting tedious.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Its easy to blame Moyes but take a step back for a second....

You guys have lost not just the manager but a man who was the team.
    The heart, soul, tempo and over seeer of everything - to instantly replace that is near impossible, and will probably never be needed to be repeated again in modern day football when you consider how long Fergie was at the club.
    This in new ground not just for Moyes but football.

Utd have lost its irreplaceable best player in Fergie cause from an outsider looking in I always thought he gave (or had more) than any other manager, he was the club!
    Others called it Fergie Voodoo etc but it was just him being the nucleus of the club he built.
    getting maximum out of the squad and ringing the team dry for every second of the 90+ wasn't a demand, but simply expected- even from those players that others (and UTD supporters) didn't see as great players am somewhat crap.

Hence over the years UTD getting written off by others when looking at the squad on paper, but Fergie sqeezed those squads and players dry.

Now for me UTD now have got A manager and A squad, and both feel exclusive to each other.
    Something I never felt under Fergie, and it feeks like those players others may snuff at as being not good enough that Fergie would get the best out of are now starting to show up, and the comparisons to other PL squads on paper may start to ring true.

Are you guys good enough?

Do you have a good enough squad to ride the transition from Fergie to Moyes?

Moyes hasn't done himself any favours in the past with some of his soundbites, but for me its more than just a problem with the current manager, and a 'quick fix' manager change I don't think would achieve anything over the medium term.

im typing this in my phone so apologies for spelling/punctuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went through this morning's paper roundup & they are mentioning that Rooney's contract still hasn't been sorted,he could still go at the end of the season plus he's worried about the content of Fergie's new book.

Another one from the 'more sensationalist' sources: Nani was only offered a new contract in order to bump up his value so as to sell him at the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Its horrific watching us at the minute and every week I hear new excuses it's getting tedious.

to put things into perspective, our only two wins since the opening day, have been avainst the two worst teams in the league. that is the level we are currently playing at.

Fans of other teams coming in here telling us that we need to step back etc is becoming boring. We have all the same players that won the league for us last season. And we have the addition of a couple of new guys. And we have gone backwards. That's all you need to know. That right there is all the evidence that you need to stop coming in your and spouting your rubbish in attempt to get thanks from all the man utd fans who THINK that they are superior fans just because they are supporting moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Fans of other teams coming in here telling us that we need to step back etc is becoming boring. We have all the same players that won the league for us last season. And we have the addition of a couple of new guys. And we have gonpe backwards. That's all you need to know. That right there is all the evidence that you need to stop coming in your and spouting your rubbish in attempt to get thanks from all the man utd fans who THINK that they are superior fans just because they are supporting moyes.

.....and not mention of the effect losing a manager of 26+yrs may have ??

Thanks for proving my point.

bizarre.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

It's the gameplan that's the problem that's clear as day, we have the players. We should be going all out attack at home with our attacking attributes and not step off the gas until we made sure of it and not give them the chance to have all of that possession. So much for being Relentless more like Inviting these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fans of other teams coming in here telling us that we need to step back etc is becoming boring. We have all the same players that won the league for us last season. And we have the addition of a couple of new guys. And we have gone backwards. That's all you need to know. That right there is all the evidence that you need to stop coming in your and spouting your rubbish in attempt to get thanks from all the man utd fans who THINK that they are superior fans just because they are supporting moyes.
    Last season was not 'walked' as another poster put it. Perfect storm of implosion from title contenders and a manager who had the years of skill to ring every last drop of performance out of an under resourced squad.

Enough of your siege mentality.

Agueroooo wrote: »

bizarre.com

This is a relatively new squad so the 26 plus years doesn't really come into it, Ill use Ancellotti as a example won the league in his first year because he's got that pedigree sometime Moyes doesn't and oh btw Chelsea where not champions at the time.

listermint wrote: »
    Last season was not 'walked' as another poster put it. Perfect storm of implosion from title contenders and a manager who had the years of skill to ring every last drop of performance out of an under resourced squad.

Oh look more excuses.

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »

bizarre.com

bizarre.com? Are you a 14 year old girl?

Last year, all the liverpool fans were telling me that we were going to sink without trace this year...that's the huge effect that losing Ferguson would have on us. And it seems that so many Man Utd fans appear to agree with that statement.

I was getting sick of a lot of ferguson's tactics last year, and the year before. I love the man, and he has made the club, but cracks were beginning to show. When he went to man city 2 seasons ago and played for a draw, that's the point at which I was starting to consider a need for a change of management and a change of viewpoint. The days of Man Utd all out attacking seemed to be dying and we were giving teams too much respect. But alas, we hire Ferguson Junior who is petrified of doing anything different, and in many ways is undoing the good work of the last few decades with his bizarre decisions and amateurish dealings in the transfer market and in the way he's talking to the press.

With each passing day i become more and more convinced that he is in over his head.

Oh look more excuses.

So you think if rvp was removed from the equation last season United would have won with the remaining panel?

What excuses? Last season was poor by all standards United capilised on that and fair fcks to fergie for literally pulling out wins that weren't expected from most quarters with the panel at hand.

We won the league by 11 points. We didn't implode like the other teams. That's a walking in any man's language.

So you think if rvp was removed from the equation last season United would have won with the remaining panel?

What excuses? Last season was poor by all standards United capilised on that and fair fcks to forgive for literally pulling out wins that weren't expected from most quarters with the panel at hand.

If we didnt have RVP Rooney would have played up front and scored like he does when played there as shown the season before.

The excuse im referring to is anytime we say we walked the league which we did, we are told ah no it was city who ****ed up not United being quality, that in itself is an excuse for poor performances this year when we say we have gone from a title winning team to this dross.

We won the league by 11 points. We didn't implode like the other teams. That's a walking in any man's language.

Reliance on main title contenders to washout... (which is what happened) is not a walk by definition.

There is no United supporter on here who wouldn't agree that quality transfers were required heavily in the last three windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Everytime united attack the wingers do right out to the sidelines. This limits the space for the fb's to run into and often ends up with both players standing side by side with nowhere to go. The space is then in the middle with only rooney dropping in there and usually neuther of carrick or fellaini pushing up.

If moyes just got nani and adnan/kagawa to move in 10 metres or so they could build attacks through the middle and leave the space out wide for the fb's to attack. That added to telling them to defend 10 metres forward up the pitch would change the style completely

Everytime united attack the wingers do right out to the sidelines. This limits the space for the fb's to run into and often ends up with both players standing side by side with nowhere to go. The space is then in the middle with only rooney dropping in there and usually neuther of carrick or fellaini pushing up.

If moyes just got nani and adnan/kagawa to move in 10 metres or so they could build attacks through the middle and leave the space out wide for the fb's to attack. That added to telling them to defend 10 metres forward up the pitch would change the style completely

We need to give up on the wingers system now its outdated, we should rely on Evra and Rafael to bomb the wings and allow us to pack the midfield and control it.

If we didnt have RVP Rooney would have played up front and scored like he does when played there as shown the season before.

The excuse im referring to is anytime we say we walked the league which we did, we are told ah no it was city who ****ed up not United being quality, that in itself is an excuse for poor performances this year when we say we have gone from a title winning team to this dross.

Who said you weren't quality? Some of the performances 'fergie' got out of that panel were superb. Rooney wouldn't have salvaged that season and you know it. There was too much disruption going on between him and Ferguson.

The lack of admitance that there was a perfect storm of breakdown across other title chasers is crazy. Of course this assisted you in the extreme and no I'm not taking g away from the battle United put up. Which was credit to the manager entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Still fairly average tbf

average is not the worst footballer ever to grace the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

We need to give up on the wingers system now its outdated, we should rely on Evra and Rafael to bomb the wings and allow us to pack the midfield and control it.

Ya a system that worked well at Everton with Baines and Coleman getting forward,the day of the out and out winger is gone.

• Advertisement

Who said you weren't quality? Some of the performances 'fergie' got out of that panel were superb. Rooney wouldn't have salvaged that season and you know it. There was too much disruption going on between him and Ferguson.

The lack of admitance that there was a perfect storm of breakdown across other title chasers is crazy. Of course this assisted you in the extreme and no I'm not taking g away from the battle United put up. Which was credit to the manager entirely.

Rooney fell out with Fergie due to being played out of position due to RVP being bought, Rooney is lethal up front as evident by his games for England.

Some fans of other clubs are talking a lot more sense and looking at the big picture compared to some of our own fans who think we have a team of superstars who have a divine right to be winning every game. We have neither

Rooney fell out with Fergie due to being played out of position due to RVP being bought, Rooney is lethal up front as evident by his games for England.

This year yes. I think we are in agreement. But like most if not all footballers the mental battle pays hugely into their form.

Of which he was lacking much early last season with questions of fitness desire attitude. The playing out of position was an outcome to these symptoms not the cause.

He is **** hot at the moment btw

Think we need a good cirlce jerk in here.....

Lets all say it KAGAWA KAGAWA KAGAWA KAGAWA!!!!!

This year yes. I think we are in agreement. But like most if not all footballers the mental battle pays hugely into their form.

Of which he was lacking much early last season with questions of fitness desire attitude. The playing out of position was an outcome to these symptoms not the cause.

He is **** hot at the moment btw

Rooney is far from being hot at the moment. I agree with your post earleir that RVP was the winning of the league for us. But Rooney is far from being anywhere near good enough for us this season

Rooney is far from being hot at the moment. I agree with your post earleir that RVP was the winning of the league for us. But Rooney is far from being anywhere near good enough for us this season

I disagree I think he has just started to come into himself. RVP has gone backwards

I disagree I think he has just started to come into himself. RVP has gone backwards

I think RVP is being starved of quality ball into him. If he gets the service he will score. As I have previously posted Rooney hasnt scored from play this season and has no assists since the Swansea game. Huffin and puffin around the pitch is not enough for a £200k a week player. His close control, touch and short passing is pretty poor at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just seen the Silva goal from the City game yesterday. A brilliant Toure pass, clever play from Aguero and a wonderfully composed finish from Silva.

The sad thing is that currently I cannot imagine United scoring a goal like that.

I think RVP is being starved of quality ball into him. If he gets the service he will score. As I have previously posted Rooney hasnt scored from play this season and has no assists since the Swansea game. Huffin and puffin around the pitch is not enough for a £200k a week player. His close control, touch and short passing is pretty poor at the moment

Does yesterday's shot not count as an assist :-P

• Advertisement

Does yesterday's shot not count as an assist :-P

I would credit Adnan with a terrific ball. Rooney missed the chance. I wouldnt credit him with setting up RVP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement