Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Getting a CL spot is the only thing I want now. I would be extremely worried if we dont get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bullvine wrote: »
    I would have taken that before the start of the season. (Well, third place at least)

was speaking to a United fan yesterday and he said to me "well i never expected much for this season anyway".

ive never seen expectations so poor for a United team and it looks like its rubbed off on the players, nobody and i mean nobody though the team was going to have a successful season and that i believe is due to the appointment of Moyes as opposed to somebody of bigger stature.

we would be expecting to win the league had we got in jose or carlo and i think that tells its own story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Anybody at the game on Sat? What was the re-action at fulltime?

A few boos from all sections, not just us clowns in the North Stand.

Afterwards apathy, everyone pretty much bemused with the subs and Moyes in general. Obviously I didn't talk to everyone but that was what I seemed to be hearing walking through crowd and waiting on train.
    It feckin pissed straight after the game also so it seemed like the weather wasn't too impressed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Does any of ye think the timing of Fergies book is terrible.If the book is worth its salt he will dig up old wounds and this will have him in the press for weeks. It will probably have Rooney throwing his toys from the pram again also. Surely he could have left it until next Summer or Autumn.
    I also think he is possibly putting himself in the "Limelight" a bit too much since the start of the season. Every week he seems to be doing interviews with some form of media or press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

United finishing outside the top 4 this season will see Moyes sacked in the summer. I don't care what tradition the club has and what has been said about giving a manager time, for United to finish outside the top 4 would be unthinkable and a disaster financially.

Not winning trophies is one thing. He'll be given time for that. But any United manager finishing mid table will be shown the door. Of course things could get better and it wouldn't surprise me if United slowly start to climb the table but people who think Moyes is safe regardless are living in a dream land. United have to start winning games. 3 wins from 8 games is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had a quick read of one of the Moyes threads on RedCafe,it pretty much mirrors this one,mainly bemusement with tactics,a few "sack him now" muppets and those willing to give him a chance but with an air of caution in their posts.

I'd fall into the 3rd category but if come January we are still in this position,my opinion could be changing.It's not as if he took over at a team that avoided relegation,we are Champions.Fair enough he inherited one of the weakest midfields in the top 5 teams but due to ineptitude it wasn't addressed and we looked like mugs on deadline day.I reckon the next transfer window will be one of our most important ones in many a season & it could define Moyes' career as manager.Get it right & push on,he'll be revered,get it wrong & the knives will be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

s.welstead wrote: »

Afterwards apathy, everyone pretty much bemused with the subs and Moyes in general. Obviously I didn't talk to everyone but that was what I seemed to be hearing walking through crowd and waiting on train.
    It feckin pissed straight after the game also so it seemed like the weather wasn't too impressed either.

The subs were shocking. Welbeck looked poor and we should have not had Giggs on.

Moyes was slammed for the Smalling sub more than any, as it highlighted his negative mindset but he made that change so late, 87th minute, after trying to kill the game off that I don't see it as a bad move. It was one of those moments when more than one player was not doing their job during the corner and we got caught. On another day it was three points.

Giggs on for Nani was the head scratcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: I know a number of posters in this thread have been spoken to over the past few weeks by my co mods, so this can be taken as a final warning before cards and/or bans get issued.

The bitching/trolling/baiting stops now. It is making using the thread a chore for those who want to read it and for those who want to contribute without getting into a row.

There are no shortage of good posters in this thread (and I include those who I know were spoken to in the past), so there is no excuse for childish crap that has been going on of late.

There is no problem with some heated debate, there is no problem with robust exchanges, there is no problem with differences of opinion that are equally inflexible. But there is a big problem when it becomes personal, there is a big problem when it starts to look like an attempt to troll/bait other posters into reactions, and it is a big problem when it starts to ruin the enjoyment of other users of the thread/forum.

This open warning means everyone gets a fair chance to avoid mod action being taken against them, and hopefully it gives folk a fair chance to just enjoy this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any squad news for CL game this week?

Its Wednesday right?

• Advertisement

You're gonna be busy this week Kess if we lose to Sociadad in the UCL.

zerks wrote: »
    You're gonna be busy this week Kess if we lose to Sociadad in the UCL.

We should make a pessimistic/ranting thread and an optimistic/hopeful thread :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mod Post: I know a number of posters in this thread have been spoken to over the past few weeks by my co mods, so this can be taken as a final warning before cards and/or bans get issued.

The bitching/trolling/baiting stops now. It is making using the thread a chore for those who want to read it and for those who want to contribute without getting into a row.

There are no shortage of good posters in this thread (and I include those who I know were spoken to in the past), so there is no excuse for childish crap that has been going on of late.

There is no problem with some heated debate, there is no problem with robust exchanges, there is no problem with differences of opinion that are equally inflexible. But there is a big problem when it becomes personal, there is a big problem when it starts to look like an attempt to troll/bait other posters into reactions, and it is a big problem when it starts to ruin the enjoyment of other users of the thread/forum.

This open warning means everyone gets a fair chance to avoid mod action being taken against them, and hopefully it gives folk a fair chance to just enjoy this thread.

I honestly mean it when i say this but thank you kess. Your right btw i honestly was gonna unsubscribe to this thread for the crap happening here. At least now i feel there is reason to believe it will stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

was speaking to a United fan yesterday and he said to me "well i never expected much for this season anyway".

ive never seen expectations so poor for a United team and it looks like its rubbed off on the players, nobody and i mean nobody though the team was going to have a successful season and that i believe is due to the appointment of Moyes as opposed to somebody of bigger stature.

we would be expecting to win the league had we got in jose or carlo and i think that tells its own story.

That's the thing though, we always knew it was gonna be hard but would have been happy with third place and a trophy, next season a proper Title Challenge would have been enough and to continue progress.

The thing that annoys me is a lot fans saying we were a poor side last year. Yeah, maybe a poor league champions compared to 99 or 08 teams but there is till a huge amount of quality in the team.

Personally, Moyes has inherited a team with 7-8 top players, its not the way Liverpool were in 91 when Daghlish left, at the time the likes of Rush, Hansen, Barnes, Whelan etc were all past it.

With the exception of Centre Midfield, Fergie has left United in a very healthy state compared to what Daglish did when he left Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kagawa and Chico deserve a start against sociedad, c'mon moyes lets have us going all out attack against these lightweights.

I don't think we have 7 or 8 top players... If by top you mean in the top 3 or 4 in their position in the league.

Rooney, RVP, De Gea, Evra, maybe Vidic and maybe Carrick.

After that I don't consider anyone in the squad to be a top player...but again or loose definitions of top could be way different

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    I don't think we have 7 or 8 top players... If by top you mean in the top 3 or 4 in their position in the league.

Rooney, RVP, De Gea, Evra, maybe Vidic and maybe Carrick.

After that I don't consider anyone in the squad to be a top player...but again or loose definitions of top could be way different

Rafael is a top right back, Chico is a top goalscorer, Kagawa is a cracker of a player really top quality I'm amazed that any football fan would think different about him especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

any new acquisitions in terms of players will be of the calibre of fellaini. ie not united standard. And the manager isn't capable of getting the most out of players which are united standard.

For a club sunken with debt, handing over cash to moyes is a complete waste of time. Just sack him next summer and give the new man the funds.

Rafael is a top right back, Chico is a top goalscorer, Kagawa is a cracker of a player really top quality I'm amazed that any football fan would think different about him especially.

Maybe Raf, maybe Kagawa (I haven't for obvious reasons seen him play consistently well) but there's at least 10 strikers I'd have from premiership alone over Chico.

Still love the guy though!

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling(Without the Injuries, can't remember him having a bad game for United at Center Back), Evra, Carrick, Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP, Chico are all Top Players, as good as most in their positions in the League! Obviously we haven't seen the best of Kagawa but hes a top player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

ive never seen expectations so poor for a United team and it looks like its rubbed off on the players,

I'm probably a bit older but I remember much lower expectations after we finished 11th, then 13th under Fergie.

The thing of it rubbing off on the players - good point, that's the danger. There's a poisonous atmosphere building, as it did until Fergie got the cup under his belt. I'm afraid DM just isn't going to get a fair shake, and if that happens it will be a huge shame.

On the one hand people are saying they'll give him time, but on the other hand some of the critics seem overly harsh, focussed on the negative and not particularly supportive. Some even seem to want to see him fail now, maybe so they can tell us they told us so?

• Advertisement

Maybe Raf, maybe Kagawa (I haven't for obvious reasons seen him play consistently well) but there's at least 10 strikers I'd have from premiership alone over Chico.

Kagawa obviously is just unfortunate in that united don't play to his strengths, he would be great in the city team or chelsea in the oscar role.
    About Chico maybe what you said is true but that's because of the current influx of top top class strikers in the league that doesn't dismiss the fact that he is too goalscorer in my opinion, he is the type of player that a squad needs to win titles and leagues to have that ability to come on with 10minutes left and score an equaliser or winner is a little overlooked maybe in the grand scheme of winning a league title or cup.

I think Nani is too inconsistent, but I do think he gets a lot of ott criticism.
    Haven't seen enough of Kagawa to comment. ( I saw him only twice prior to his move to Utd)

And imo a top player is someone a top 4 side would start consistently and I dont think Chico is that player.

Leftist wrote: »
    any new acquisitions in terms of players will be of the calibre of fellaini. ie not united standard. And the manager isn't capable of getting the most out of players which are united standard.

For a club sunken with debt, handing over cash to moyes is a complete waste of time. Just sack him next summer and give the new man the funds.

g3IofR0.gif

Bit harsh on Chico, I would struggle to name 10 I'd rather have than him. Suarez, Aguero, Michu, Maybe Lukaku? Maybe Benteke? I think Sturridge is a little overated personally.

There's very few out and out goal scorers like him around or maybe I just can't think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Bit harsh on Chico, I would struggle to name 10 I'd rather have than him. Suarez, Aguero, Michu, Maybe Lukaku? Maybe Benteke? I think Sturridge is a little overated personally.

There's very few out and out goal scorers like him around or maybe I just can't think of them.

If he is that good should he not be getting more game time? It obvious Moyes doesn't fancy him. Serious goal scoring record to minutes played but fergie didn't seem to start him much either. He must be happy at utd and been a bit part player but if he continues to get little or no game time under Moyes you couldn't blame him for wanting out in January, ditto for Kawaga.

Personally id have Rooney, RVP, Dzecho and Negredo in there too. You're right though maybe 10 is a bit much. I could name 4 or 5 others that would be on a par or just off Chico's standard.

He's a great player, it's just I think the word top and world class gets overused

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Kagawa is exactly the type player who would run the game if he was playing against us. Really getting annoyed with his lack of gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

RGDATA! wrote: »
    I'm probably a bit older but I remember much lower expectations after we finished 11th, then 13th under Fergie.

The thing of it rubbing off on the players - good point, that's the danger. There's a poisonous atmosphere building, as it did until Fergie got the cup under his belt. I'm afraid DM just isn't going to get a fair shake, and if that happens it will be a huge shame.

On the one hand people are saying they'll give him time, but on the other hand some of the critics seem overly harsh, focussed on the negative and not particularly supportive. Some even seem to want to see him fail now, maybe so they can tell us they told us so?

He won the fa cup the year he finished 13th iirc, if he didn't, he'd probably have been replaced.

and it was a totally different enviroment. He inherited a long term project to turn around a side who hadn't been at the top since the 60s.

moyes is managing the champions. I've nothing against the man but I am 100% sure he will be sacked, probably after a few years of patience from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

but on the other hand some of the critics seem overly harsh, focussed on the negative and not particularly supportive.

Focussed on the negative?

I would love to focus on the positives. Problem is, I can't find any.

Seriously, whats been a positive so far, an 18 year old signing a new contract? Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

First post in a long, long time, I think since the season started.

The season hasn't started well for us in the league, 8 games gone and only 11 points picked up. But it's not all doom and gloom. Out of the 8, 4 have been against teams that are currently in the top 5. Chelsea parked the bus against us, Liverpool got an early goal and we couldn't get to grips with the game. Man City were just too good for us, but they have been with the last number of seasons, didn't see any of the Southampton game yet, but a goal in the last minute kinda sums up our season so far.

The only game which I have been very disappointed with has been the West Brom game. People have been blaming Moyes for the poor results, but it's the players that have to be held responsible for these performances. As Moyes pointed out, we're lacking the killer instinct to kill off games. But that will come with time.

The only thing I can find at fault so far with Moyes was the transfer window. The Fellaini transfer should've been done in July, we should've broke the bank on Cesc. CM is the only position that I feel we need to strengthen. Fellaini has had a poor start to the season for us, but that's mainly down to him not being on tour with the squad.

A number of players will be gone in the summer I think, Young, Evra, Macheda, Anderson, Chico (I don't want him gone, but I think he'll want to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think Nani is too inconsistent, but I do think he gets a lot of ott criticism.
    Haven't seen enough of Kagawa to comment. ( I saw him only twice prior to his move to Utd)

And imo a top player is someone a top 4 side would start consistently and I dont think Chico is that player.

Chico would start and score a bucket load of goals for Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. It's tough when two of the best strikers in the league are in the same squad.

If he is that good should he not be getting more game time? It obvious Moyes doesn't fancy him. Serious goal scoring record to minutes played but fergie didn't seem to start him much either. He must be happy at utd and been a bit part player but if he continues to get little or no game time under Moyes you couldn't blame him for wanting out in January, ditto for Kawaga.

I don't think for a second that Moyes or Fergie didn't fancy him, but I think he's not that good of an all-round CF. He's a goal poacher, a fantastic one at that, but he can't lead the line like RvP, or the way Ruud did it. He's a box player, and a great option to come off the bench and get us goals.

But I think he'd struggle to get into most of the top teams first 11, bar Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

s.welstead wrote: »

no boos from the Stretford end, the team was clapped off and Southampton also. same happened against West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

The thing of it rubbing off on the players - good point, that's the danger.

What I'm worried about is if you read any books or interviews from players that have played under firgie they always talk about the drive they had to play for him, that they never wanted to let him down. We don't seem to have that killer instinct anymore. The way its described is not really even fear of getting the hairdryer or anything, just a need and desire to please him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Focussed on the negative?

I would love to focus on the positives. Problem is, I can't find any.

Seriously, whats been a positive so far, an 18 year old signing a new contract? Is that it?

That's one big positive yes, will probably save us €25/30m.

That you would downplay it as just him signing a contract, and not see it as bringing him into the first team in the first place kind of shows what DM is up against though.

I think he handled the Rooney situation very well - during the summer there was a feeling from a lot of people that it was more or less impossible for Rooney to stay etc.

Nani signing the contract was positive, a lot of people thought he would be off too, and may well have been under Fergie.

Also think that dropping Rio and Young fairly sharpish was a sign that he's not blind to form or what he has to work with.

I think we'd have been happy with the results so far in the CL under Fergie, so not a bad start there.

There's a few positives that I see.

I'm disappointed with the start by the way, and much of the criticism of the performances has been valid, but like I said, I just think the atmosphere is getting poisonous, and that's never going to help in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Moyes better be careful in how he plays certain players, I mean we will lose Kagawa and Hernandez the way things are going.

Maybe in January things will improve, I think Moyes is kinda limited in the formations he can play with the current players and this is due to the continuing midfield problem unless some players are moved around a bit.
    Would love Januzaj and Kagawa playing in the same team.

Lets say a 4-2-3-1 for Wednesday's game.

Will ignore the 4-2 part of the formation...it is not overly contentious.

Januzaj---Rooney--- Kagawa
    Van Persie

Or Januzaj on a sub for Nani
    Hernandez brought on for either Rooney or RVP
    Expect Welbeck could start or be a sub

It should be positive substitutions, we do not want Young, Giggs or one or two others. I think my top 4 is just quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Kagawa is exactly the type player who would run the game if he was playing against us. Really getting annoyed with his lack of gametime.

Ya,the lack of trust in him is really showing.Even at times last season any game he did well in he was always subbed off first.

Arsenal have Carzola,Ozil,Whilshire playing together supporting Giroud,all seem to rotate during the game.

Utd could have Kagawa,Rooney,Nani/Januzaj playing in similar roles

Its either that or just let Kagawa rot on the bench and sell him off next summer without ever giving him a chance to prove himself over a long period of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    Moyes better be careful in how he plays certain players, I mean we will lose Kagawa and Hernandez the way things are going.

Maybe in January things will improve, I think Moyes is kinda limited in the formations he can play with the current players and this is due to the continuing midfield problem unless some players are moved around a bit.

Van Persie

It should be positive substitutions, we do not want Young, Giggs or one or two others. I think my top 4 is just quality...

That would be interesting to see, and possibly exciting.

But I'm thinking it's going to be like this...
    Valencia Rooney Young/Welbeck

Van Persie

Yay....

Van Persie

I would agree with much of the above. However I would put Kagawa in the middle and Rooney on the left. Kagawa needs to be given game time in the middle as Rooney is doing nothing there

• Advertisement

Macca07 wrote: »
    First post in a long, long time, I think since the season started.

You should post more often based on the sense you talked in that post. It makes a change from some the panic stations 8 games in stuff we are getting or the any excuse to have a go at Moyes and other club staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That you would downplay it as just him signing a contract, and not see it as bringing him into the first team in the first place kind of shows what DM is up against though.

Well, you have poisoned well with that comment, but I shall respond anyway. Its easy to just assume I am a Moyes hater and don't want to see any positives, but it simply isn't the case. These are my honest opinions.

Januzaj signing a contract? An 18 year old signing a new contract at Man United is nice but its not something to get too excited over. Just the opposite, it perhaps shows just how precarious our position is when even unproven kids are stalling on contract talks.

Rooney and Nani? Again, contract signings are not exactly worth holding a party over, but am I right in saying that Rooney hasn't actually signed a new contract? And Nani never wanted to leave in the first place, he even turned down moves available.

Rio and Young getting dropped? Those particular selections are scant comfort considering they are only one part of the selections as a whole, and the selections as a whole have been rubbish. When you seen Giggs coming onto the field Saturday was that ok because Rio wasn't playing?

The CL results have been good? They have, we won the games. Should we really have expected anything different?

All in all your positives are really scant comfort. Where are the positives performance wise? Where are the good passages of play, where are the signs on the field that things are going to improve? Thats where it counts after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

J. Marston wrote: »
    That would be interesting to see, and possibly exciting.

But I'm thinking it's going to be like this...
    Valencia Rooney Young/Welbeck

Van Persie

Yay....

I agree with your reality check of how it will likely look.

Still talk about how Moyes doesn't know his best 11, but surely that should be who is playing best and who has the best talent and who isn't past it.
    That would rule out us having to see Young or Giggs play for starters....

The CL results have been good? They have, we won the games. Should we really have expected anything different?

Ya a win and a draw;)

You should post more often based on the sense you talked in that post. It makes a change from some the panic stations 8 games in stuff we are getting or the any excuse to have a go at Moyes and other club staff.

TBH, that's the reason why I haven't, couldn't bring myself to even check the forum over the last couple of months.

Yes, we are struggling, and yes, we need to improve. But it's a long season, and it was always going to be tough. People calling for Moyes to be sacked are just silly. Name one manager who we could've brought in that would've been able to cope with being the successor to SAF.

This season is a total transitional season, but I expect top 4 finish, and a good cup run.

As I said, the only major failings so far were in the transfer market, but I don't expect the same mistakes next season.

People forget that SAF didn't win the league every year, didn't even finish in the top 2 every year, Moyes needs time, and I'm certain that he'll get it. I am also certain he will turn things around very quickly. Out next 3 games are at home, and I'd expect 3 wins from them.

I agree with your reality check of how it will likely look.

Still talk about how Moyes doesn't know his best 11, but surely that should be who is playing best and who has the best talent and who isn't past it.
    That would rule out us having to see Young or Giggs play for starters....

I don't blame him for not knowing his best 11, it's only 8 games into the league, and we have a massive squad. It's not always as simple as to who is playing best, or who has the best talent. Form dips, players pick up knocks, and you always have to take into consideration the team you're playing against.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Stop it.

Read the mod post again and please don't be the one to start baiting/sniping.

Be great if we could just have an end to it now. Everybodys feelings are perfectly clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Macca07 wrote: »
    I don't blame him for not knowing his best 11, it's only 8 games into the league, and we have a massive squad. It's not always as simple as to who is playing best, or who has the best talent. Form dips, players pick up knocks, and you always have to take into consideration the team you're playing against.

Don't you think that maybe he could have given a couple of players more of a chance? When it cant be said that anybody is really standing out performance wise. Surely those warming the bench should at least get a chance?

Some of the substitutions/tactics have been baffling and defence of them puzzles me. Not knowing his best team is one thing, having a negative mind set by default is another

kryogen wrote: »
    Don't you think that maybe he could have given a couple of players more of a chance? When it cant be said that anybody is really standing out performance wise. Surely those warming the bench should at least get a chance?

Some of the substitutions/tactics have been baffling and defence of them puzzles me. Not knowing his best team is one thing, having a negative mind set by default is another

Have I once defended his tactics or substitutions? Please quote me on that.

Yes I do think that some players should be given more of a chance, but I'd be fairly certain that these players are getting plenty of chances in training to prove themselves. I presume the players you are on about are Kagawa and Chico. I'm sure he's picking the players that he feels are performing best in training.

BTW, what negative mindset has been shown?

kryogen wrote: »
    Stop it.

Read the mod post again and please don't be the one to start baiting/sniping.

Be great if we could just have an end to it now. Everybodys feelings are perfectly clear

I read the mod post fine thank you. Have you read all the comments that came after it?

I thanked a poster for talking sense and not indulging the type of talk the leads to baiting/sniping and you have a problem with this but there has been two posts that could easily be considered baiting since Zerks warning which you don't mention. Creative criticism is welcome but I'm more than sick of defending the club from unreasonable attacks on the manager and other areas. Not that I need to be told, anyway yeah, lets move on.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Chico would start and score a bucket load of goals for Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. It's tough when two of the best strikers in the league are in the same squad.

Possibly... then this would lead to the question that if he's that good why haven't 20-35m bids come in for him? I know the transfer market is not as simple as that but there's silly money out there at the moment and surely clubs of a similar high standard to the 3 you mention above would have come in for him with a massive bid?

You raise a good point though, he'd prob start for Spurs and Arsenal 80-90% of the time if they played 2 up top consistently. Maybe a little less for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement