Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

kryogen wrote: »
    Some ramblings

The team is not dominating in the midfield, it hasn't been for quite a while now and coupled with the counter attacks that we used to be so good at becoming non existent these days it is encouraging opposing managers to really set up to have a go, the fear is no longer there, teams are playing on the front foot against us, looking to press high up the field and since the opposing manager is naming more attacking line ups they obviously have more ability to hurt going forward.

Playing Jan has been great, very happy to see him getting game time, he is surprising me even as I would not have thought he was ready to be starting yet and despite lacking in a few areas of the game he is a good addition to have and someone who looks capable of making things happen at least.

The players are playing too deep in general and are also staying too far apart when in possession, there are not triangles or neat little interchanges, all the passing is either long or medium range really, quickly into the strikers feet/channel or lumped up in the hope that RVP will make something out of nothing. It is poor.

Rooney is posing a huge problem this year imo, he isn't actually playing very well despite the goals, he is not linking the ball between the midfield and attack/wings, which is what we need him to be doing. A front line comprising of Nani, Kagawa, Januzaj and RVP would be preferable to me unless Rooney gets his **** together soon.

Moyes substitutions have been baffling tbh, and they are not defendable, they betray his negative thinking, rather then trying to go and kill games off he has been trying to hold on to what we have, or not lose. This is not what we should be doing. It goes against the nature of the club and he needs to start trusting his flair players more and using the skill sets he has available to him. We have some talented players able to link well together, able to interchange with each other and able to carve open the opposition, the game plan needs to change to suit this style of play rather then what we have been doing thus far.

The players are of course far from blameless in this, they have underperformed as a unit, individual errors are costing us as well as poor decision making from the side line. Mistakes being made on and off the pitch will have to be cut out sooner rather then later. I think Moyes was bold to want to put his own stamp on the backroom and that but I also think he was wrong to not hang on to a couple of the seasoned veterans for a year at least to guide him. There would be nothing to be ashamed of in it, it wouldn't simply make him Fergie man anymore then he already is anyway.

He also needs to be the ruthless ****er that got him the attention in the first place. Rooney should be sitting out the next game based on performance. If he doesn't like it then he can improve or **** off. No player can be bigger then the club and the constant praise he is getting from Moyes is irritating when he is doing little to deserve it. He has scored of course, but from open play there has not been much.

Putting Giggs in the team needs to stop too now I think of it, there are so few situations where Giggs should be on the pitch that he shouldn't be in the match day squad most weeks, and I wish he would just do a Gary Neville on it and take the decision away from the manager. It takes nothing away from the respect I have for him or the admiration I have for what he has done in his time at the club. Enough is enough however.

Its early days, there is plenty of time to turn things around and I will continue to support the club, players and manager, this season was going to be incredibly tough given the circumstance. As long as he is learning from these mistakes and begins to show that he is the right man for the job proving many people (myself included I admit) wrong by the business end of the season I will be content. He needs to have a couple of years anyway to make a fist of it, its a steep learning curve going from Everton to United, replacing the GOAT. Barring a disaster of epic proportions I would be very disappointed to see him gone inside two seasons, with the caveat that progress is being made.

/
    Excellent post Kryogen and a lot of my own thoughts. However if he misses out on 4th place I think the knives will be sharpened maybe not so much by the board but by the fans & media/press, which will eventually put pressure on the board/Glazers
    Totally agree with you about Rooney. Although I would play him on the left or right ahead of Nani. Kagawa deserves a run of 4 or 5 games in the hole as Rooney just isnt good enough there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Fabio Capello is claiming UTD bid 120m for Bale
    “There was an auction and I know that somebody offered more than Real, going as high as 120 million euros,” Capello said. “I don’t think I’m revealing any secrets when I say that it was Manchester United. Compliments to Spurs, who were very clever.”

I'm assuming Levy told him it must be true. Levy would never lie about something like this, not ever. This is something that 100% happened.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1589554/russia-manager-fabio-capello-hails-spurs-bargaining-power?cc=5739

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

KH25 wrote: »
    Anything to the rumour that Evra has decided not to renew his contract for personal reasons?

Personal reasons like he gonna get paid a **** load to sign for Monaco :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Whatever Evra ends up doing, good luck to him. He has given the club plenty and got what it meant to play for Man Utd. Was the best in the world in his position for a while and dragged himself out of a slump I thought would finish him at the top level. He'll be missed.

And he celebrated in front of Suarez that time :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So Fabio Capello is claiming UTD bid 120m for Bale

I'm assuming Levy told him it must be true. Levy would never lie about something like this, not ever. This is something that 100% happened.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1589554/russia-manager-fabio-capello-hails-spurs-bargaining-power?cc=5739

Heard it in a few places myself over the summer - was told Spurs don't like Madrid so would have been happy to not do business with them; though Bale was only ever going to push for that move. I'm very confident that we did bid for him, and that it was more than what Madrid paid for him, though probably included a player or two (they wanted Chico, were offered Nani)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Im honestly glad we didn't buy Bale for that much. That money could and should have been better spent addressing the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Im honestly glad we didn't buy Bale for that much. That money could and should have been better spent addressing the midfield.

Only Perez would be stupid enough to bid a world record fee for a player who is not the best in the world, or may never even get close.

Its about a show of power. I'm glad we don't buy players based on this mindset.

Agreed - but on the flip side, it wasn't.

Agreed - but on the flip side, it wasn't.

Yep, and thats the problem. I believe we bid for Bale, so then the question is why didn't we offer more for the likes of Fabregas? We didn't need Bale, and not in the 'we didn't need RVP' way. I highly doubt Bale will ever live up to his price tag.

Yep, and thats the problem. I believe we bid for Bale, so then the question is why didn't we offer more for the likes of Fabregas? We didn't need Bale, and not in the 'we didn't need RVP' way. I highly doubt Bale will ever live up to his price tag.

I'd argue we needed Bale more so than we needed RVP.

A left footed, left winger would have been a very astute purchase for us, considering Giggs is the only one we have.

Now, the money involved would have made it stupid, but in terms of what Bale could have brought to the side (forgetting the cost) and he would have been a very good addition - no question about it imo.

• Advertisement

Anything to the rumour that Evra has decided not to renew his contract for personal reasons?

Who do ye think we should replace him with? Baines who will be 29, Shaw who is 18 or Coentrao?. Personally I would spend the money on Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Imagine if we had spent 120m on Bale and yet were still being over run in midfield as we are and struggling to get in the top 4....we'd be rightly in the sh!t then

Robson99 wrote: »
    Who do ye think we should replace him with? Baines who will be 29, Shaw who is 18 or Coentrao?. Personally I would spend the money on Shaw

If Evra goes, we'll need two left backs.

Buttner is rubbish and Moyes doesn't seem to think Fabio is an option there either.

Baines and Shaw would make great sense - in that we could have Shaw as a rotation option to eventually take over from Baines in a few years time - but you are looking at a massive fee for either of them, never mind both, I can't see Shaw wanting to be an understudy (better off to stay at a very good Southampton side).

Personally, I would look long term and go for Shaw, but I can see Baines being first choice, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Headshot wrote: »
    Lose out on CL qualification and he'll be rightfully gone

if the next 10 games, go like the last 8....there is a threat to our CL qualification, as by then, we would be perhaps 10 points off 4th.

would the people who say give him 2 years, think this is acceptable and worth the risk of failing to qualify for CL football?

if we dont qualify for CL football next season, our entire medium term future is at risk, our business model does not allow this and our debt structure certainly doesn't.

you can kiss goodbye to our negotiation power with Nike for instance if this happens amongest a host of other things.

the more i think about it, the more i am shocked the Glazers left this happen though it bares testimony that they really dont get involved in the football side of things and getting in the cheap option fits their agenda also.
    ericzeking wrote: »
    Imagine if we had spent 120m on Bale and yet were still being over run in midfield as we are and struggling to get in the top 4....we'd be rightly in the sh!t then

this was never happening. we couldnt stump up the cash for proper bids for players like fabregas, so we'd hardly spend 4 times as much on a player we didnt need.

Bale, just was not on the agenda. when you look at it, Real only outlayed about 40% of what he actually cost, the rest was funded through sale of Ozil and other things like media and sponsorship which coughed up another 15 or so million for him. United didnt have that option realistically, unless we sold Rooney.

The Glazers have always worked that way Homer, one only has to look at how they have been as owners of the Bucs to see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

If Evra goes, we'll need two left backs.

Buttner is rubbish and Moyes doesn't seem to think Fabio is an option there either.

Baines and Shaw would make great sense - in that we could have Shaw as a rotation option to eventually take over from Baines in a few years time - but you are looking at a massive fee for either of them, never mind both, I can't see Shaw wanting to be an understudy (better off to stay at a very good Southampton side).

Personally, I would look long term and go for Shaw, but I can see Baines being first choice, again.

Shaw will go to Chelsea if anywhere, he's a Chelsea fan and timing wise will be a perfect replacement for Ashley Cole. Only chance we'd have is to get him in asap and offer him first team football now.

Seemed to be a bit of nastiness in his play against Utd that I hadn't noticed before. First time I'd seen him live so maybe just noticing things off camera.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Shaw will go to Chelsea if anywhere, he's a Chelsea fan and timing wise will be a perfect replacement for Ashley Cole. Only chance we'd have is to get him in asap and offer him first team football now.

Seemed to be a bit of nastiness in his play against Utd that I hadn't noticed before. First time I'd seen him live so maybe just noticing things off camera.

Agree on Shaw to Chelsea - they've been big admirers for a long time now, probably already set this transfer up to be honest.

if the next 10 games, go like the last 8....there is a threat to our CL qualification, as by then, we would be perhaps 10 points off 4th.

would the people who say give him 2 years, think this is acceptable and worth the risk of failing to qualify for CL football?

I think a lot of the people are saying they THINK he will be given two years rather than GIVE HIM two years. No one wants to see us outside the top four but at the same time those people looking for him to be sacked / replaced after 8, 12 or 18 games are off their rocker IMO. Who is going to come in half way through the season, Martin O Neill?? And what if the next manager has a run of poor results? Sack him next summer? We will end up a bloody circus.
    I wasnt a fan of Moyes getting the position in the first place but he is here now and I think he will be given time. Sacking him at Christmas if things dont drastically improve solves nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Our position this year will have no bearing on the Nike deal. Scaremongering of the highest order. Liverpool have the biggest shirt deal by far at the moment and they haven't won anything special in almost a decade, been in the CL for 5 years and have fewer fans than United.

There is no solid base for such a comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Looks to me a lot like Evra wanted to go all along and was convinced to stick around one more season when the Baines thing didn't look like happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

I think a lot of the people are saying they THINK he will be given two years rather than GIVE HIM two years. No one wants to see us outside the top four but at the same time those people looking for him to be sacked / replaced after 8, 12 or 18 games are off their rocker IMO. Who is going to come in half way through the season, Martin O Neill?? And what if the next manager has a run of poor results? Sack him next summer? We will end up a bloody circus.
    I wasnt a fan of Moyes getting the position in the first place but he is here now and I think he will be given time. Sacking him at Christmas if things dont drastically improve solves nothing

I dont think that he should be sacked now but say he has the same record over the next 10 games and CL looks a problem. What then? Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Looks to me a lot like Evra wanted to go all along and was convinced to stick around one more season when the Baines thing didn't look like happening.

I think it is a bit of both.

From what I heard, Evra wanted to move in the summer and the moves for Baines were a reaction to that. His move to Monaco didn't come about - which is why I think there was no movement for Baines after that initial bid in June, until late August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Was he sacked or did he up and leave?.....Its gotten so bad here we're discussing dreams :pac:

he left. Or that's what the story was. Completely implausible but i woke up with a lob on and checked the internet out of sheer hope.

:(

I'd argue we needed Bale more so than we needed RVP.

A left footed, left winger would have been a very astute purchase for us, considering Giggs is the only one we have.

Now, the money involved would have made it stupid, but in terms of what Bale could have brought to the side (forgetting the cost) and he would have been a very good addition - no question about it imo.

I agree that a left footed winger would be a good addition for us but I don't think Bale would have been the right choice. He played his best football in a more central position. I think that had we bought him we would still be overrun in midfield.

IMO our problem is effectively using the ball in the middle. Having possession is one thing but it is pointless if the players aren't able to do something with it. I don't think Bale would have solved this problem.

I should point out that I was one of the posters here who didn't think RVP was necessary. He proved me wrong but my point about both himself and Bale is that we had more glaring weaknesses in the side that should have been dealt with. It would be silly for a club like United to turn down an opportunity to sign a top player like RVP or Bale (despite my reservations about him I think he is a good player, just not worthy of his transfer fee), but if the Bale story is true then it is clear that the club had the ability to spend big on the midfield, yet neglected once again to do so. That baffles me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Question, Does all this discussion lead back to under funding ?

Is this the Glaziers fault for not loosing the purse strings and always looking to get 'a good deal'.

I mean surely Fabregas bid should have been high from the get go. It would have been made back and more in sponsorship deals.

Is this all just bad business trying to repay back internal loans and interest.

Could another manager walk in off the street and work effectively under these constraints ?

• Advertisement

No, the constraints are overplayed, Fergie spent plenty of money in the last few years and always maintained he could spend whatever he wanted. Moyes has said he has the full backing financially too. He over paid for Fellaini sure. If they were looking to get a "good deal" they certainly wouldn't have been sanctioning this deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wellbeck missed training today along with Rio,Vidic & Cleverley.

Would like to see Kagawa given a start tomorrow night & United try a slightly different formation.So far the Carrick/Fellaini combo isn't working as they are playing an identical game and leaving a big hole between midfield & the frontline.

No, the constraints are overplayed, Fergie spent plenty of money in the last few years and always maintained he could spend whatever he wanted. Moyes has said he has the full backing financially too. He over paid for Fellaini sure. If they were looking to get a "good deal" they certainly wouldn't have been sanctioning this deal

Yes but was it ever true that he could spend whatever he wanted ? Is that not Fergie being is usual strong self outwardly you have to show a face of power. Certainly against the financial prowess of other clubs. (not saying you ever need/can match the sillyness that goes on with them) but in real terms are the purse strings effectively tight where the glaziers are concerned. And did/does Moyes have to give them a really effective business case before they are willing to open them.

Maybe the 'we are fine' as we are attitude is present from them ?

The Fellaini thing is a poor indicator as they could not return from the transfer window with absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Any links to SAFs interview on MUTV last night??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Do you think so?

I would take RVP, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck over Negredo, Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic tbh

Bar Jovetic who I reckon will be coming good shortly City's other 3 have been more prolific than Uniteds forwards.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

Is this the Glaziers fault for not loosing the purse strings and always looking to get 'a good deal'.

I mean surely Fabregas bid should have been high from the get go. It would have been made back and more in sponsorship deals.

Is this all just bad business trying to repay back internal loans and interest.

Could another manager walk in off the street and work effectively under these constraints ?
    A very good question Listermint. I am actually beginning to wonder are the funds available at all.
    Our midfield is crying out for 2 world class players since being destroyed by Barca in the CL finals. Yet what did Fergie do? Persuaded Scholes out of retirement and played a winger who should have retired to sort out our problems.He didnt spend the money when he should
    Now we see reports of Utd bidding €120m for Bale. We couldnt give 40m for Fabergas or Ozil when available. Then the talk of the Bale deal falling through because they wanted Chico and we offered Nani. FFS Chico hasnt even got 2 games since Moyes took over. If we were serious about Bale we wouldnt have been worried about Chico.
    Why wasnt Moyes contract bought out so he could commence at OT the day after the final league game? Instead he had to wait until July 1st. 6 weeks too late.
    Same with Fellani why wait until the last minute and just do a deal that costs under 30m to keep the fans quiet.
    The more I look at it the more I wonder. Time will tell

Yes but was it ever true that he could spend whatever he wanted ? Is that not Fergie being is usual strong self outwardly you have to show a face of power. Certainly against the financial prowess of other clubs. (not saying you ever need/can match the sillyness that goes on with them) but in real terms are the purse strings effectively tight where the glaziers are concerned. And did/does Moyes have to give them a really effective business case before they are willing to open them.

Maybe the 'we are fine' as we are attitude is present from them ?

The Fellaini thing is a poor indicator as they could not return from the transfer window with absolutely nothing.

Of course they could have!

All I can tell you is to have a look at how much money has been spent since they took over. If you still think money isn't there then I wont be able to help you. Just because the money wasn't put in the right place doesn't mean it wasn't there.

United have never gone out and spend 100million in a transfer window. Fergie would never do it, I doubt Moyes would either tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

What team would people like/expect to see tomorrow?

I'd like to see

De Gea

--Rafeal---Smalling--Evans
    Evra----

Carrick
    Fellaini

Nani
    Kag
    januzaj

RVP

Would like to see Kagawa get a good chance in the middle, I've said it before but I'd also like to see the three behind RVP to rotate over the course of the game, they are all more than talanted enough to pull it off. Rooney in any of those positions could do the same.

Chico could do with a chance, but I think its more important to get RVP playing well and scoring goals.

In reality, the team we play will probably include the likes of Giggs and Welbeck.

A very good question Listermint. I am actually beginning to wonder are the funds available at all.
    Our midfield is crying out for 2 world class players since being destroyed by Barca in the CL finals. Yet what did Fergie do? Persuaded Scholes out of retirement and played a winger who should have retired to sort out our problems.He didnt spend the money when he should
    Now we see reports of Utd bidding €120m for Bale. We couldnt give 40m for Fabergas or Ozil when available. Then the talk of the Bale deal falling through because they wanted Chico and we offered Nani. FFS Chico hasnt even got 2 games since Moyes took over. If we were serious about Bale we wouldnt have been worried about Chico.
    Why wasnt Moyes contract bought out so he could commence at OT the day after the final league game? Instead he had to wait until July 1st. 6 weeks too late.
    Same with Fellani why wait until the last minute and just do a deal that costs under 30m to keep the fans quiet.
    The more I look at it the more I wonder. Time will tell

What did Fergie do?

He spent 16million on Jones, 10 on Smalling, 16 or whatever on Young, 5 or 6 on Buttner 7 on Bebe almost 20+million on RVP!

He could have bought central midfielders with that money couldn't he? Or if it shows anything maybe it shows that the club backed him and allowed him to spend money where he saw fit! All you have to do is look at what some of the central midfielders who moved, that could have improved us went for. The no value in the market bollix that was rolled out was just that. Bollix

Yes he coaxed Scholes out of retirement, rather then give game time to and develop Pogba, another great decision long term!

I am certainly no fan of the Glazers but money was spent, and money could have been spent better.

Of course they could have!

All I can tell you is to have a look at how much money has been spent since they took over. If you still think money isn't there then I wont be able to help you. Just because the money wasn't put in the right place doesn't mean it wasn't there.

United have never gone out and spend 100million in a transfer window. Fergie would never do it, I doubt Moyes would either tbh

Could they? Why ? What case do you have.

As per Robsons post, persuading Scholes out of retirement to give them a quick fix for what was/is a gapping problem should give you some insight as to the level of funds available to them.

I dont think were getting the clear picture here. There should be constraints, yes. But is there too much ?

What did Fergie do?

He spent 16million on Jones, 10 on Smalling, 16 or whatever on Young, 5 or 6 on Buttner 7 on Bebe almost 20+million on RVP!

He could have bought central midfielders with that money couldn't he? Or if it shows anything maybe it shows that the club backed him and allowed him to spend money where he saw fit! All you have to do is look at what some of the central midfielders who moved, that could have improved us went for. The no value in the market bollix that was rolled out was just that. Bollix

Yes he coaxed Scholes out of retirement, rather then give game time to and develop Pogba, another great decision long term!

I am certainly no fan of the Glazers but money was spent, and money could have been spent better.

Fair enough Post. But since 2010, You have spend around the same money as Arsenal on transfers circa 146 Million.

And the common conception of Arsenal is 'they dont spend' and are shrewd in everything they do never opening the purse strings too much.

So why is the same not said about United in the last 3 years ?

They also sold of Ronaldo for 80Million(sterling) the season before 2010. So ??

What did Fergie do?

Im not trying to pick holes in your post Kryogen because I usually agree with a lot of your posts but IMO we have spent SFA over the last 5 years for a club like UTD
    For the last 5 seasons we had a net spend of 30m, 50m, 40m, 15m and made 65m the year we sold Ronaldo. To my reckoning we have spent 70m over 5 years and only broke the £20m barrier twice on a player in the same period. While Im not for throwing money on players nilly willy I think Fabergas and Ozil are examples of certain constraints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Anyone got that graphic of fastest player on the planet? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

bullvine wrote: »
    Anyone got that graphic of fastest player on the planet? cheers

fifa_the_fastest_players_in_the_world_39359.jpg

Julez wrote: »
    fifa_the_fastest_players_in_the_world_39359.jpg

Are those stats real ? I though Agbonlahor would have been on that ?

Linkage

http://www.skysports.com/whoisthefastest/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Regarding the funding, I think the Glazers will give Moyes whatever he needs to compete as long as it's not ridiculous like City and Chelsea.

The Glazers are good businessmen, that's been proven. If there is a chance that the team dips and fails to qualify for the CL, can you imagine the impact that will have on funds coming in due to sponsors and TV rights.

They know they have to spend in order to keep the team at the top level of world football. SAF spent plenty money on players since the Glazers took over, I can see the same happening with Moyes.

What did Fergie do?

Young wasn't needed,how much did Dembele go to Spurs for? He would have been ideal for United.

The Glazers are not stupid,they know big name players create revenue and have always backed Fergie in the transfer market.It's not their fault we didn't sort out the midfield problem,that was down to Fergie.
    The jury is out on whether Moyes was right or wrong to publicly state our shortcomings but he was right.Until the transfer window opens he's stuck with whats there & now he has to get the best out of them.

No I don't think so. Infact it's a tiresome excuse that is rolled out. We're obviously not oil club rich but at the same time we've been able to spend 28m on Fellaini, and were supposedly lining up 40m for Fabregas plus a few others.

+51m last year.

It definitely could be better, but it's not a money issue. The club is just not run right. It has to whore itself out to cover the debt, that is not up for debate. (How many sponsors now? 51?)

But that shouldn't influence the football management of the club. the decision to replace the greatest manager in british football with david moyes. Allowing him to bring in his budget backroom boyz from everton and gunk 28m on Maroune 'I want to go home now' Fellaini.

If we're going to take a long term look at things and are expected to allow moyes 3x years (he has asked for.. to turn things around.. at the champions)
    then surely we could give someone better, someone fresh, exciting and willing to invest and build something. Not only in terms of stale backroom staff, but in terms of philosophy.

Moyes philosophy will be long ball utter sh!t on a stick football. Not the Manchester United way.

We can rule out Iniesta joining us in January,he's nearing committing to a new 5 yr deal.

zerks wrote: »
    We can rule out Iniesta joining us in January,he's nearing committing to a new 5 yr deal.

FFS - we're going to be left with Paul Green!

zerks wrote: »

expect a public bid soon. Woodward will ring it up from the races. Laughing his arse off.

Another masterstroke by old woody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Leftist wrote: »
    expect a public bid soon. Woodward will ring it up from the races. Laughing his arse off.

Another masterstroke by old woody.

This crap is getting tiresome.

RasTa wrote: »
    This crap is getting tiresome.

it's tiresome because it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Leftist wrote: »
    it's tiresome because it's true.

proof goes a long way

• Advertisement

Macca07 wrote: »
    proof goes a long way

you want proof for something that is expected?

don't answer that.

If you were watching united's policy during the summer transfer window you would have got the joke. F**k me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement