Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nolars wrote: »
    In theory it is easy in practice not so. And yea Utd are terrible at it.

You'd expect a club of United's stature to have a scouting system at least on par with a club like Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You'd expect a club of United's stature to have a scouting system at least on par with a club like Dortmund.

one thing i heard in the summer was that Moyes wants a complete reworking of the United scouting (and youth) system - not impressed with either apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

one thing i heard in the summer was that Moyes wants a complete reworking of the United scouting (and youth) system - not impressed with either apparently.
    I think it definitely needs a overhaul all right. Probably in similar vein to Benitez and Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nolars wrote: »
    How does Klopp keep doing it after losing players every season. Unreal.

Thats what great managers do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yabadabado wrote: »
    I did the same.Any idea what time it will be sent to us at ?

Hardback is £11.25 on amazon.preorder it now and it would arrive by friday.

Absolutely no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ian Ladyman @Ian_Ladyman_DM
    We did finally get some insight in 2009 CL final defeat, tho. That was welcome and interesting. Blames Anderson, Tevez & the hotel!

Fúck sake, Anderson.

Wouldn't surprise me if next summer Klopp gets back what he lost in a certain Mr Kagawa

January perhaps. He needs to leave Utd asap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, Klopp and Kagawa will be reunited alright....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Keano's thoughts on SAF new book and what has come out today from it.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/2013/1022/482038-fergie-roy-keane-has-savage-tongue/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nicely said by Roy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So all messing aside does anyone reckon we have a chance against arsenal when we play them?

If you look at how both teams are playing.

We've been soft in midfield since Keane left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fúck sake, Anderson.

One of the biggest reasons for our defeat in 2009 was the fact that Anderson completely froze in the final. We needed to harry and compete in midfield but Anderson that day was completely leaden footed, he didn't compete at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't like what Fergie said about Keane...but I'd love to read it.

I wonder if the Late Late could get Fergie on to promote the book...

One of the biggest reasons for our defeat in 2009 was the fact that Anderson completely froze in the final. We needed to harry and compete in midfield but Anderson that day was completely leaden footed, he didn't compete at all.

The whole team was sh1te that day. We were set up completely wrong and we were soft at the back. Ferguson got 2009 badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wonder if the Late Late could get Fergie on to promote the book...

Oh please god no. One of the most interesting and prolific men in football being subjected to sub-standard journalism like that would be painful to watch.

So all messing aside does anyone reckon we have a chance against arsenal when we play them?

If you look at how both teams are playing.

On current form,the advantage is with Arsenal,but we will get goals against them,they aren't exactly water tight at the back.

Hopefully a win tomorrow night followed with a win on Saturday will get some confidence back in the squad and get things moving in the right direction once again.

On current form,the advantage is with Arsenal,but we will get goals against them,they aren't exactly water tight at the back.

Hopefully a win tomorrow night followed with a win on Saturday will get some confidence back in the squad and get things moving in the right direction once again.

Just actually showed this now. Arsenal dominated last while but didn't score dortmund get them on the break!

I think or only hope at moment would be to somehow break up there fast movement and passing. Ozil will cut us to shreds if allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Oh please god no. One of the most interesting and prolific men in football being subjected to sub-standard journalism like that would be painful to watch.

doesnt matter, its all about the book and 100,000's of people will be watching.

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see him on the late late that night, in fact im sure he will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Just actually showed this now. Arsenal dominated last while but didn't score dortmund get them on the break!

I think or only hope at moment would be to somehow break up there fast movement and passing. Ozil will cut us to shreds if allowed.

This is what Arsenal fans should be saying about Kagawa. What does the man need to do to deserve games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dortmund have a terrific work ethic and have won the ball back well. Not a chance of us doing that we will sit back and invite them on.

This is what Arsenal fans should be saying about Kagawa. What does the man need to do to deserve games?

The way I look at it is international games finished no more excuses he should start tomorrow nite and play from there on its only way he will settle.

Otherwise sell him and get something from what has mostly been a massive waste of talent so far.

We have a player there who could spark our whole season if he gets going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The way I look at it is international games finished no more excuses he should start tomorrow nite and play from there on its only way he will settle.

Otherwise sell him and get something from what has mostly been a massive waste of talent so far.

We have a player there who could spark our whole season if he gets going.

Scored on his home debut, first ever Asian player to score a hat-trick in the pl, this in his debut season..its baffling the excuses people make when he is not in the team, it's a joke really. I can't imagine what he feels like when he sees a young 18 yr old start ahead of him and seemingly thought of more highly of him.

Scored on his home debut, first ever Asian player to score a hat-trick in the pl, this in his debut season..its baffling the excuses people make when he is not in the team, it's a joke really. I can't imagine what he feels like when he sees a young 18 yr old start ahead of him and seemingly thought of more highly of him.

in all fairness, do you honestly think Kagawa has done enough in his United career to warrant a regular starting place?

in theory he should be in it, but almost every time he starts, he doesnt play well. he needs to do better.

i think he will play tomorrow and hopefully he will kick on, but right now he is playing well below the level expected at United - something is missing with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im not really getting the Kagawa love here.

Lot to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

in all fairness, do you honestly think Kagawa has done enough in his United career to warrant a regular starting place?

in theory he should be in it, but almost every time he starts, he doesnt play well. he needs to do better.

i think he will play tomorrow and hopefully he will kick on, but right now he is playing well below the level expected at United - something is missing with him.

But surely he needs a run to get back to the form he had at Dortmund, he's an excellent player and just needs a chance

scudzilla wrote: »
    But surely he needs a run to get back to the form he had at Dortmund, he's an excellent player and just needs a chance

he has got chances and has not taken it. i think he is being afforded away too much lee-way by alot of United fans.

i hope he finds himself, i really do cos my god our football is s*it and we need him. but he has been a passenger for a vast majority of his time on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hope to see Kagawa start tomorrow night and get played in his best position.He still has a lot to prove with United but he hasn't got many chances.
    If Moyes doesn't want/rate him I would love to see him sold back to Dortmund as part of a deal bringing Reus to us.

What do you mean he is playing well below the level expected at united? Do you see him play games for another club or something? because he really hasn't been given a chance so far this season to show anything..

Taken off at half time in that game the other week was a joke, he was doing ok in that game, he is pure quality. United are not giving him a fair shot..he will leave soon and that will be that another very creative midfielder gone, attacking midfielders are not for United so why did we bother signing him in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

When you add up all the minutes Kagawa has been on the pitch in the league he's only played 14 games, scored 6, assisted 4. I'm taking a guess but maybe 85% of those minutes were out on the left wing and his old manager has already said that he's wasted out there.

Play Kagawa behind RVP and cut out all the hoofball and constant crossing and he'll be as important to us as Ozil is to Arsenal. He deserves a chance as well because Rooney has been muck lately.

• Advertisement

doesnt matter, its all about the book and 100,000's of people will be watching.

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see him on the late late that night, in fact im sure he will be.

Pity if he is doing a TV appearance over here, it probably won't be with someone who has the chops or the calibre to live up to the job and get the best out of such an interview.

Ryan Tubridy: Now Sir Alex, it is an all-time pleasure to have you on as a guest this evening, tell the viewers how it feels to be in Ireland.

SAF (with arms folded): Aye great.

Ryan Tubridy: So Alex, tell us about your Irish roots.

SAF: Don't have any.

Ryan: Right ok...em...what is your favourite colour?

I wonder will there be a strict 'no recording' policy enforced in the convention centre, that would be the interview I'd rather see. I'd actually take Holmes over Tubridy any day.

he has got chances and has not taken it. i think he is being afforded away too much lee-way by alot of United fans.

i hope he finds himself, i really do cos my god our football is s*it and we need him. but he has been a passenger for a vast majority of his time on the pitch.

45 mins in 8 games in the league and 70 mins in 2 games in the cl?? How is that being given chances? haha come off it would you!! your having a laugh surely your on a wind up?

How are United fans giving him too much lee-way?

I bet none of these fans sit in the Stretford End either eh? haha fecking hell..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just watched the Sir Alex interview with Sky Sports ... I think we can be certain of one thing - Moyes will be given time, lots of time to get it right at United.

Fergie was under pressure during the John Snow interview earlier. Can't link atm. He wasn't enjoying the questioning too much anyway.

45 mins in 8 games in the league and 70 mins in 2 games in the cl?? How is that being given chances? haha come off it would you!! your having a laugh surely your on a wind up?

How are United fans giving him too much lee-way?

I bet none of these fans sit in the Stretford End either eh? haha fecking hell..

Kagawa signed for United in 2012, not 2013 so not sure where you are getting this 45 minutes stat from...

as for the cheap shot looking to cause trouble, ill ignore it and let the mods take care of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone dismissing Kagawa clearly doesn't watch bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Kagawa was a great player for Dortmund, he hasn't hit those heights in a Utd shirt yet. He probably won't if played as a left winger in the current system either, the whole team would need to come tighter centrally to suit his style of play. So long as crosses keep getting fizzed in from in front of the last defender I doubt we'll see the best of Kagawa. He needs to play closer to the box, fortunately that's an area we drastically need to improve in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fergie was under pressure during the John Snow interview earlier. Can't link atm. He wasn't enjoying the questioning too much anyway.

He sure did look under pressure!!

Funny, I think this may have been the most vulnerable I've ever seen him in an interview!!! Not how I like to remember the legend.

Anyone dismissing Kagawa clearly doesn't watch bundesliga.

what has his performances for Dortmund, got to do with United? since he joined, he has been poor for us, FFS he has even admitted this himself, yet people just refuse to acknowledge this.

we all hope he improves, but as has been pointed out, he has alot to prove. and and i dont see anybody dismissing him as a player, however i do see plenty of people saying he has not lived up to expectations and has not performed since he signed.

big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

rarnes1 wrote: »

Here's the link http://www.channel4.com/news/sir-alex-ferguson-fergie-manchester-united

Few questions in there he's not used to being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

A link to the Ferguson interview ye are talking about.
    http://thescore.thejournal.ie/ferguson-snow-1142383-Oct2013/?utm_source=twitter_self.

Heading over tomorrow with my da.Cannot wait.Going to go to the 19s game as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

only1stevo wrote: »
    He sure did look under pressure!!

Funny, I think this may have been the most vulnerable I've ever seen him in an interview!!! Not how I like to remember the legend.

It was a very good interview, but I wish Snow pressed him more on his support for the Glazers. His position is so flimsy that it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. Yes, they brought a new training ground, medical centre and whatnot, but what about the 100s of millions taken out of the club?

Kagawa signed for United in 2012, not 2013 so not sure where you are getting this 45 minutes stat from...

as for the cheap shot looking to cause trouble, ill ignore it and let the mods take care of it.

Lol seriously? You couldn't make out where i got the 45mins from when i said from 8 games which is obviously this season under our new manager.

I'm just baffled that your saying he got his chances, certainly not this season anyway.
    Don't mind me im just frustrated because i think he is not being used enough. As you said, i hope he gets a game tomorrow night and can kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

It was a very good interview, but I wish Snow pressed him more on his support for the Glazers. His position is so flimsy that it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. Yes, they brought a new training ground, medical centre and whatnot, but what about the 100s of millions taken out of the club?

Suppose Fergie wasn't gonna slam the 'capitalists' while he's a director at the club and Snow probably knew that, needed to get as much in with his 10 minutes as he could I guess.

Snow actually messed up a little there i thought, probably should have asked about his support of Labour and let him delve into his political opinion before asking him about the Glazers but anyway... glad he didn't or SAF might have been even more uneasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

he has been poor for us, FFS he has even admitted this himself, yet people just refuse to acknowledge this.

I cannot see how people can say he has been poor considering the amount of game time he has got under Moyes in his best position. Kagawa needs to be played centrally and given a run of games. I bet he wouldnt go seven league games without a goal from play or an assist like Rooney has . Its the people on here claiming Rooney has been having a good season and dont see the need for change that baffle me.
    Fergie also persisted in playing him on the left. He was wasted under fergie and Moyes is doing the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Kagawa has been nothing special since he joined but we need to improve our possession and creativity through the middle and he is the type of player we need for this. What we are doing currently obviously isn't working and didn't work for large stretches last season when our play was meh only to be dug out by late goals. Give him a chance as our creative fulcrum, we need to change something. Move Rooney to the wing or alternate him with RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Did Kagawa play in the centre or just a free role against Norwich last season when he bagged himself a hat trick? he was phenomenal that game

I thought Kagawa started last season well until he picked up the injury and when he got back fit Rooney and RVP were going well and SAF didn't seem to fancy playing Kagawa on the wing.So it was the bench for him.

One game that stands out for me in his short Utd career is West Ham away,I thought he played very well that night but was first to be subbed off.

I really hope he gets a chance to cement a place in the team,it would be sickening if he ends up been sold in January or next summer without him ever getting a run of games in the team to show what he can do.

Im sure Kagawa and Rooney could rotate playing in the number 10 role as a game goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Did Kagawa play in the centre or just a free role against Norwich last season when he bagged himself a hat trick? he was phenomenal that game

Its really the million dollar question isn't it. Homer keeps saying Kagawa hasn't done anything for United, but how many times has Kagawa played in his best position for us? Once? Twice?

Personally I think that we can continue with Rooney doing his hustle and bustle act there and going nowhere, or we can try something different for a change, stick Kagawa in with Van Persie for six games in a row and see how we develop. Gods knows we couldn't be much worse than we have been lately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement