Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ericzeking wrote: »
    Are we on Setanta Ireland or Setanta 1, the UPC guide is a cod...I'm sure I saw online that it was Ireland...would prefer not to have to go to the pub early....

Setanta 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Fabregas on the summer transfer saga

The only thing in his and Barca's head was him staying at Barca. Puts an end to some of the guesswork around the situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/25/cesc-fabregas-manchester-united-barcelona

No no no...Woodward is a an embarrassment and a clown who hasnt a clue about anything other than Taytos and wouldn't pay the 40m fee that he was explicitly informed about by that lad camping outside OT who knows a few cousins of lads who post on Boards.ie

Ah I jest, let's not go there! Really looking forward to today's game, have a feeling in me gut we're about to turn a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

#mufc team v @stokecity: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa; Rooney, van Persie.

#mufc subs to face @stokecity: Lindegaard, Rafael, Fellaini, Januzaj, Young, Valencia, Hernandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Was hoping to see Kagawa play behind the striker, looks like he'll be playing on the left again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

xtal191 wrote: »
    Was hoping to see Kagawa play behind the striker, looks like he'll be playing on the left again.

He played more central during the week with Evra covering the wings. Nani will be an out and out winger while Smalling covers defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time to get the finger out today.

Good team looking forward to seen how Kagawa,Rooney and Nani play supporting RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If this isn't > 1-0 to United I'll be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just read the interview with Woodward in the latest UWS.

I don't buy his transfer window excuses, but overall he comes across very well. His answers with regards fan participation in the club, ticket prices and safe standing are interesting. Looking forward to seeing the second half of the interview next issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Normal service resumes.

I'm gonna need all the nani lovers on this thread to explain his appeal. He is simply terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm gonna need all the nani lovers on this thread to explain his appeal. He is simply terrible.

He has already attacked and went past a defender more times than Valencia did all last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

...wrong thread

He has already attacked and went past a defender more times than Valencia did all last season.

Two attempts on goal, both a mile over the bar as usual. Got the ball a moment ago and immediately gave it away.

Two attempts on goal

Thats what I said.

Crossing against a team of giants.....clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Feedback thread is closed but surely there has been plenty of "abuse" in that thread today.

I remember in the Ireland game thread the mods gave out cards for people giving Whelan a bit of stick but there's been personal abuse directed at Fergie almost all day in that other :rolleyes: thread.

It's gotten way out of hand.

Forgive my ignorance but where's this other thread?

And Nani booed off. Rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

And Nani booed off. Rightly so.

Jesus Christ that's pathetic. Really need to get rid of the fans that show up once a year and expect to win every game. A lot of lads have been spoilt here. Nani might have played poorly but he doesn't deserve to be booed off.

Some of our fans should hang their heads in shame today. What a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Red Crow wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that's pathetic. Really need to get rid of the fans that show up once a year and expect to win every game. A lot of lads have been spoilt here. Nani might have played poorly but he doesn't deserve to be booed off.

I agree with booing being a disgrace, I'd never dream of doing it. However, Nani should be finished at UTD., honestly he is so wasteful and poor - I know he setup the goal but just take his performances as a whole recently into account. It was telling that Gala would have most likely been his next club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Nani has looked very lively in his recent appearances. He had a big part in a goal today, despite not having a great game overall. He is one of our few players than can create genuine chances out of nothing, in a team that have been struggling for goals from open play.

And we should sell him. Baffling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The main thing that impressed me today was that Moyes finally made very positive substitutions. it's the first time I've thought "Spot on!" when he was making the subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Never in doubt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Nani has looked very lively in his recent appearances. He had a big part in a goal today, despite not having a great game overall. He is one of our few players than can create genuine chances out of nothing, in a team that have been struggling for goals from open play.

Such stupidity, beyond belief at this stage. Says it all we turned it around after he was subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Good subs by Moyes today and thank god for that little Mexican beauty!

Nice to see the never say die attitude back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thank **** for that!!!.

Jesus i really didnt think it was gonna happen but credit where credit is due Moyes made the right subs today lets hope this will give him and team boost they need!!.

The difference Januzaj made when he came on thank god we had him there.

Rooney was best player on pitch today never gave up everywhere that united needed him. Hernandez super sub again as well he seems to love scoring headers against Stoke !!.

We really got off the hook here today things really need to improve defense was awful at times.

Two wins this week really hope we can keep things up because still alot of questions to be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

What a change from last week.This time the subs change the game for the better

Never in doubt :D

For the second time this season I made a few quid betting on United when they were losing!

5/1 when they were losing 2-1 against Stoke, very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Papering over the cracks in reality but a win is a win and it was a dramatic come from behind win and Chich got the winner so I'm going to put the negatives to the back of my mind and enjoy the win and the fact that I won't have to avoid MOTD.

this opinion astonishes me. He was absolutely terrible today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why should they be ashamed ? They support United, not Nani FC.

The reason he was booed is because he was walking off the pitch when we were losing, wasting time. Shocking behaviour from a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Phew.

That is all for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Worst case scenario; United will be 3 points behind Chelsea or City at the end of the weekend. Not too bad for the start that United have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Moyes needs to start settling the side down. A calming result for moyes but there are too many problems in the side to feel in any way confident

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

For the second time this season I made a few quid betting on United when they were losing!

5/1 when they were losing 2-1 against Stoke, very nice!

How much have you lost backing them when they are losing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Worst case scenario; United will be 3 points behind Chelsea or City at the end of the weekend. Not too bad for the start that United have had.

Very fortunate position for a side seemingly devoid of any confidence or competence

Glazers Out!

The main thing that impressed me today was that Moyes finally made very positive substitutions. it's the first time I've thought "Spot on!" when he was making the subs.

This is the kind of progress I want to see and need to see. Up until today's game, it seemed like Moyes' substitutions were selected randomly from a hat.

Great reaction from the manager and the team today to grab the 3 points. It is of course worrying that we are struggling to get results against the smaller teams at home, but I am taking far more positives from today's game than any other so far this season. At this moment I'm going to leave out the particulars, both positive and negative, and just enjoy the win...almost, I have to mention our defense, oh god as a collective unit it has been a shambles for the most part so far this season.

Roll on Match Of The Day, must be about a month since I was able to watch the fúcking thing:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

6 behind liverpool though or are you not thinking that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It might sound mad but i wouldn't be against the idea of dropping rvp and playing kagawa behind rooney for a while. Bar his goal today i thought rvp wasn't much hassle for the stoke defence. He's not getting much service but he not doing enough himself either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney and Kagawa did very well today switching around, Nani was poor but disgraceful reaction from the fans, he needs confidence, he did well to set up the goal.

The defence were ropey, I think taking Jones out will solve that though, Smalling in CB and Rafael playing would have been better.

Cleverley is just not up to it I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    How much have you lost backing them when they are losing though.

Not a penny, I make about two bets a year.

The two times I made this bet was today and against Sunderland, even under Moyes we are still going to be favourites to come back and win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He was poor but I'd agree with every word you've written.

He looked so down when he went off. Some clowns go to United matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

this opinion astonishes me. He was absolutely terrible today.

He was, but Valencia and Young are worse, and selling all of our wingers would be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Badly needed win there today but overall a very disjointed looking performance. Chico and Rooney took their chances really well but we created very little.

Stoke are a poor team who have had difficulty scoring all season and we managed to look very nervous against them at OT. Teams are no longer afraid of playing us at OT which is worrying.

Januzaj is a breath of fresh air. Thank fcuk we managed to get him tied into a new contract. Rooney was very good, Kagawa and Evra were poor and I actually forgot that Cleverley was playing he was so anonymous. Nani was also weak but the booing was uncalled for.

We have started very very slowly this season but 2 wins in a row is always welcome. Let's hope the team can kick on a bit now and find their feet.

nullzero wrote: »
    Moyes needs to start settling the side down. A calming result for moyes but there are too many problems in the side to feel in any way confident

A lot can be put down to team selection. The players are there; just weren't selected. It's easy to say from the outside and in hindsight, and we don't have the benefit of Moyes's experience or his view of players in training.

Rafael at right back and maybe Stoke would not have had so much success down United's right in the first half. If he was worried about height then Fellaini in CM over Tom. I'd prefer to see Smalling in CB than Jones. And of course; Adnan over Nani! :pac:

If this had been the case from the start, I don't think that Stoke would have had as much success. Still, the team and Moyes did it in the end.

It was a frustrating game for the first 55 minutes, after Adnan coming on it was thrilling! :D

Moyes on Adnan: "He'll play a lot of games in United's future." Asked if there was one or two problems in defence today; "There was more than one or two!". :pac:

He is on a steep learning curve; he has been thrown in at the deep-end; not many could handle it like him and yet be the kind of man that could stay around for a decade +. Here's hoping that will be the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He was only talking about title contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

City and Chelsea are still our benchmark. Liverpool won't be top 2. Still not convinced they;ll be top 4. They are looking decent, but let's see how it pans out.

• Advertisement

Don't really notice them; Arsenal could still be up there though come squeaky bum time though, but 8 points at this stage behind Arsenal isn't good for United, but City and Chelsea are the ones who United can't fall too far behind if they are to keep their title hopes alive come April / May.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement