Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm just glad David is not a Moyesr when it comes to substitutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Vital 3pts. Its a bit like last season minus the miracle turn arounds in some games last year. If the defence tightens up things will definitely improve. Cant keep.juggling the back four.
    Credit to rooney . After all thats gone on with him he has really knuckled down and done the business. Liverpool v arsenal and city v chelsea and everton v spurs coming up gives us a chance to get back into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Nani has looked very lively in his recent appearances. He had a big part in a goal today, despite not having a great game overall. He is one of our few players than can create genuine chances out of nothing, in a team that have been struggling for goals from open play.

And we should sell him. Baffling.

Aah sure thats another to add to the list of stats that was put up last nite:P

I dont agree with the booing of any player being taken off. It doesnt look good when we are turning on our own players. However maybe fans are beginning to see Nani for what he really is. Talented but BRAIN DEAD and just not good enough for ManU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Positives for me today:

- Rooney was excellent
    - Januzaj is class
    - Chicharito doing the business
    - Moyes' attacking substitutions, he really went for it
    - DDG's saves
    - Result
    - Short passing style that Moyes is working on will be exciting if it ever gets going properly

Negatives:

- Jones and Evans were both shocking, individual mistakes and poor organisation from both of them
    - Nani was muck
    - Cleverley was far too quiet
    - Kagawa drifting far and wide left the left wing completely exposed and dragged the defence all over the place
    - Smalling was struggling positionally
    - Weird lethargy at the start of the second half

Very slightly meh:

- Kagawa's performance
    - RvP's performance

Robson99 wrote: »

I dont agree with the booing of any player being taken off. It doesnt look good when we are turning on our own players. However maybe fans are beginning to see Nani for what he really is. Talented but BRAIN DEAD and just not good enough for ManU

The gobshítes among the fan base have been complaining about Nani for years. One bad game doesn't make them right.

And the stats last night show that you were completely wrong when you said that he only does it when United are two or three up at home and never against quality opposition. The fact he had an assist to an assist via a save while having a bad game today doesn't change the weight of those stats.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    The gobshítes among the fan base have been complaining about Nani for years. One bad game doesn't make them right.

And the stats last night show that you were completely wrong when you said that he only does it when United are two or three up at home and never against quality opposition. The fact he had an assist to an assist via a save while having a bad game today doesn't change the weight of those stat.

Theres more than 1 bad game. Look at it this way a player with the Dog and Duck team of a Sunday can score a wonder goal every now and then. Dosent make him a great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

City and Chelsea are still our benchmark. Liverpool won't be top 2. Still not convinced they;ll be top 4. They are looking decent, but let's see how it pans out.

Most Liverpool fans know that. We are just enjoying the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone have an idea how many touches RVP got on the ball?

De Gea seemed to have more of the ball in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Van Persie on reports he is unhappy:
    "I don't understand it at all. I am really happy at the club and happy with the manager".

What a header by Rooney for the second equaliser! great movement by Chica for his too.

Still, first hour was woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

City and Chelsea are still our benchmark. Liverpool won't be top 2. Still not convinced they;ll be top 4. They are looking decent, but let's see how it pans out.
    I think they're nailed on for top 4. They're looking very impressive and their upcoming fixtures, other than Arsenal away, doesn't look too tough.
    Van Persie on reports he is unhappy:

Well, that's some good news.

• Advertisement

Who died and made you King?????
    Just because people have a differnet opinion to yours dosent mean their Gob****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I hate you all and disagree with every opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Who died and made you King?????
    Just because people have a differnet opinion to yours dosent mean their Gob****es.

Think he means those that were booing are gobs, rather than those who slate Nani! :pac: I find him frustrating to the extreme, but booing him as he goes off is a bit nasty! Let the manager tell him he needs to put more effort in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Up until the match today, most desired line-ups posted here have had Nani in them. Yes he had a bad game today, but that doesn't suddenly make him useless. He has produced the goods for us in many big games, and like Kagawa, needs to get a run in the team now to get some form.

I thought he was one of or best players against Madrid until the sending off (unless you want to blame him for that, too), and it's telling that despite not having the best of seasons last year, SAF saw fit to include him in our biggest game. He's pacy, good on the counter, and confident in his own ability.

And apart from all that, selling him would leave us with Young, Valencia, Zaha, and Adnan as our wingers. One of those is 18 and really isn't even a winger, one hasn't yet played in a competitive game for us, and the other two have been exponentially worse than Nani in the time period most have criticised him for.

I'm not going to go along with anyone who says Nani isn't good enough unless they can provide a viable explanation for how he can be replaced. Your move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa was playing on top of Rooney a lot today which led to Rooney playing almost level with RVP at times and our team just looked distorted.

A not so subtle way of telling Moyes where he wants to play maybe. I still see him going back to Dortmund at some stage and getting back his form before he left.

I'm not going to go along with anyone who says Nani isn't good enough unless they can provide a viable explanation for how he can be replaced. Your move.

Very smple. Go out and buy a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Buying quality replacements is not something this club does simply.

Theres more than 1 bad game. Look at it this way a player with the Dog and Duck team of a Sunday can score a wonder goal every now and then. Dosent make him a great player

Nani does a lot more than score a wonder goal every now and then. But of course you know that.

Who?

Who?

Mata, Reus, Di Maria, Sanchez, Robben, Moura

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No replacement needed with Adnan there.

Do you see the obvious problem with your list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

This is real life not football manager be a bit more realistic if your going to make a point.

Do you see the obvious problem with your list?

Money should be no problem. After all didnt we supposodly bid 100m for bale. Surley 30-40m would bring in any of those players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surely Zaha will start on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RasTa wrote: »
    Surely Zaha will start on Tuesday

Who?

Money should be no problem. After all didnt we supposodly bid 100m for bale. Surley 30-40m would bring in any of those players

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No replacement needed with Adnan there.

Valencia, Young and Adnan wouldn't get into the teams of City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool maybe even Spurs.

We need better players really. You could get rid of Young and Valencia and buy someone like Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Great picture.

1375793_10151770802552746_287583648_n.jpg

• Advertisement

You answered (incompletely) what to do, not how to do it.

Name some better wingers than Nani that are available for reasonable money, won't mind the weather in Manchester, and can be guaranteed to slot right into the EPL, immediately performing better than Nani.

(I'll give you a clue: there aren't any.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I guess I missed something today.

What exactly did Adnan do when he came on? Apart from not be Nani?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Out of all of our available wingers, Nani is most definitely not the one who needs to be replaced. Valencia has been woeful for the last 18 months despite getting more than his fair share of minutes on the field. Young is on about £90k per week and is at best a squad player.

Getting rid of Nani while keeping the above two would be retardation of the highest order IMO.

Valencia, Young and Adnan wouldn't get into the teams of City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool maybe even Spurs.

We need better players really. You could get rid of Young and Valencia and buy someone like Di Maria.

Adnan needs to play and develop.

Chelsea and City are shít at developing players so the fact that he wouldn't get into their teams isn't important, trying to emulate them would harm the club.

United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs have and will continue to have spells where they play young lads who aren't quite there yet, but show signs of turning into quality players. There were times when you could have said that Coutinho, Bale, Ramsey, Walcott, etc wouldn't get into United's team. They were still right to stick with them. Just like United are right to stick with Adnan now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keno wrote: »
    Great picture.

1375793_10151770802552746_287583648_n.jpg

He's scored so many vital goals for us. Would be awful to lose him.

Who?

Totally forgot about Zaha! :pac:

cast.jpg

• Advertisement

Name some better wingers than Nani that are available for reasonable money, won't mind the weather in Manchester, and can be guaranteed to slot right into the EPL, immediately performing better than Nani.

So we accept sub standard players at the club great. Looks like the centre of midfield is sorted also for years to come. Or have you a magical solution for there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tried to take on players, ran at players, was direct in his passing.

Immediately performing better than Nani did today, easy!

Baines! :pac:

Adam Lallana

Kevin Mirallas

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Relieved to get the win. We just look so vulnerable though. Everything they went forward I was fearing the worst. You couldn't have said that about the team of a few years back.

Got two players to make rash challenges and get booked within two minutes of coming on was impressive.

• Advertisement

His passing, movement, shooting and, most important, taking on opposition players with his control and dribbling was all good. He affected how Stoke were defending, drawing extra defenders to him, by playing well and being a serious danger to them. That helped United play better.

So we accept sub standard players at the club great. Looks like the centre of midfield is sorted also for years to come. Or have you a magical solution for there?

Do you ever argue a point. You bring up a point get proved wrong and start waffling about something different to try help your point.

Like Valencia can at least play at full back. Or because somebody said name a realistic replacement and you go on about the centre midfield ignoring his valid point.

Immediately performing better than Nani did today, easy!

Baines! :pac:

Adam Lallana

Kevin Mirallas

:o

Baines is not a winger :pac:

I rate Lallana but as a winger he is not better than Nani.

Mirallas is nowhere near Nani's quality.

If all you can come up with to improve on Nani is a collection of some of the most unattainable wingers in football then maybe you should think about how much you actually rate Nani.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Do you ever argue a point. You bring up a point get proved wrong and start waffling about something different to try help your point.

Like Valencia can at least play at full back. Or because somebody said name a realistic replacement and you go on about the centre midfield ignoring his valid point.

Great points for keeping Nani. He dosent mind the weather and is cheap. We all know that we need middle of the park players. So lets see how that would work with Fabergas. Cesc would you like to come to Manchester. The weather is a bit cold and wet and you might not like it. Ok Cesc we understand. Lets go to the north of Scotland and see who we can get there

Baines is not a winger :pac:

I rate Lallana but as a winger he is not better than Nani.

Mirallas is nowhere near Nani's quality.

On current form they are all better than Nani.

I did not say that. That's a straw man.

I don't want Nani to be replaced either, I don't know where you got that from. I was pointing out that even if you wanted to replace him, you couldn't without spending huge money, and even then couldn't be guaranteed the player wold perform.

Now you're trying to move the goal posts as well. Central midfield does't have anything to do with this.

You haven't responded directly to anything I've posted, you're trying to squirm out of answering, because there is no evidence to back up anything you're saying.

There's nothing magical about what I've said, it's logical reasoning. You should give it a go instead of getting worked up over a player's performance in one game and spouting a load of hysterical crap that does not make sense.

I like how you sample size.

If you take current form as looking only at the today's games, then you might have a point.

You could have done that to Messi towards the back end of last season on more than a few occasions and came to the conclusion that he's useless. Doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Tried to take on players, ran at players, was direct in his passing.

But Nani took on players? And ran at players? And shot at goal? And helped create a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Getting rid of Nani makes no sense, he's better than Young and Valencia, he can play both wings, and we couldn't replace him let only all 3 of them. Out of any of them, Young should be got rid of first as he probably has the most sell on value since he's English, and then no reason to get rid of Nani over Valencia.

Grand to say sell him and he's not good enough, but you're not going to get 2 starting wingers in and a 3rd choice one for anywhere near what the 3 we have would sell for, and that's hoping that all 3 bought would be straight successes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement