Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

F.J. wrote: »
    Didn't the League of Ireland season finish last night for most teams?Only cup final and relegation/promotion play off left.If you went to games that would be something you know

he does know, he supports a LoI team.

Same one as me.

How much u pay per united game?

the ones he goes to, or the ones he doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

the ones he goes to, or the ones he doesn't?

Both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

everyone should support a LoI team aswell as a british team if they do. Would make the domestic game alot better.

Just got my tickets to the cup final, top tier, look forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ah here. Go to an LOI thread with this shíte. You really are pathetic the pair of yis.

Ah I'm only messing there Frano, cool the jets. Righto night night Fergie bangers. Xxx

:(
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah here. Go to an LOI thread with this shíte. You really are pathetic the pair of yis.

I'm not doing anything :(

:(

I'm not doing anything :(

Yeah you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Strange you fell the need to post in the united forum slagging people off,is there no one in the LOI forum to talk to? If you want I will send you a link to get apply for a season ticket and the prices for next season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah you are.

He aint tbf

collie0708 wrote: »
    Strange you fell the need to post in the united forum slagging people off,is there no one in the LOI forum to talk to? If you want I will send you a link to get apply for a season ticket and the prices for next season?
    No thanks, I support a team I can support.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    He aint tbf

Oh right. I got the wrong end of the stick on his posts there. Apologies Baldy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

No thanks, I support a team I can support.

Educate us all who is this wonderful team ???

collie0708 wrote: »
    Educate us all who is this wonderful team ???

he probably can't, he got banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

vinyl junkie is taking a break from the forum for a little bit. Let's move on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I go to a game every three months its an affordability factor as i have kids and responsibilities if funds were endless i would be there week in week out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Mars Bar wrote: »
    vinyl junkie is taking a break from the forum for a little bit. Let's move on now.

Please move on.. There is nothing to see here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Chicharito you are my Solksjaer, my only Solksjaer ,good night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

What the hell did I just read???

Anyway, back to Man U ;) stuff. Shinji came out after the game today and spent about 15 mins signing autographs. Nice gesture from him, he made sure to do the full circle of fans. I haven't noticed any of the other players do that but then I'm generally gone before they start leaving.

Nani getting booed was disgraceful. He didn't have a great game but not many did. Either way no player deserves that. I really want to see him play his way into some form but just can't see it happening. He gets abuse from the crowd every time something he tries doesn't come off. That must get to him and sap his confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Ed-Woodward-011.jpg
    Photograph: Matthew Peters/Man Utd via Getty Images
    Woodward, talking to the fanzine United We Stand, said: "With Fábregas that was an approach specific to the selling club. They have an ownership structure that means there has to be debate before a player is sold. It was disappointing that we didn't sign more players, but I always knew it was going to be a tough window. We didn't want to impose a plan on the new manager that had come from the old manager … and we knew we had a truncated window. The early view was that we needed a central midfielder and a left-back, but David also wanted to spend time with the squad. There wasn't a long list he wanted – it was a unique window.

"The Rooney situation was another unique one. It was important that we made our position very clear. I am delighted he is still wearing red… He is irreplaceable and phenomenal to watch."

Guardian

Manchester-United-2092352.jpg
    Man Utd via Getty Images
    Moyes said: “I’ve said if I couldn’t get Wilf a game, I would look at it in January. But I really thought when he came in he needed to be here for six months to see how we work.

“It’s not because Wilf has not done enough, it’s because we have got big, big competition.”

Mirror

Manchester United may launch a £12million January bid for Holland star Wesley Sneijder, writes the Sunday People.

The Premier League champs apparently failed with a £6m approach for the Galatasaray playmaker during the summer.

The Turkish club’s sporting director Bulent Tulun said: “Sneijder received an indirect offer from Manchester United, but it was not accepted.”

Old Trafford boss David Moyes could now double his offer.

Mirror

Van Gall speaking to talkSPORT said: 'I know Chelsea and Jose Mourinho want Sneijder.

'In my opinion, if possible Sneijder should leave Galatasaray and join Chelsea.
    'Playing under Mourinho again would improve his performances and help him regain his form for the national team.'

Sneijder: 'Everywhere Jose Mourinho goes they make some rumours about me following,' he told Lig TV.
    'Whatever club I'm at I will give 100%, I love this club and I am not even thinking to leave. It's just rumours and you will see come January I will be linked with Chelsea again but I am staying here.
    'Every transfer market I am apparently moving to one club or another but these are just rumours, I am happy and I like life here.'

Mail

January: Keep Zaha, get rid of one of the "big, big competition", replace him with Wesley; still only 29, surely still worth a punt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

BTW, Sahin is playing very well for Dortmund now by all accounts. Think he was unlucky. He got injured early on at Madrid and only ended up playing a handful of games for them. Got loaned to Liverpool and was kind of played out of position in a team in transition.

That's kind of my point though. I get the feeling Klopp might be like Wenger in that people look like works beaters under him but don't quite measure up when they go elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooney to Chelsea, Baines to United, Sneijder to United.

Papers don't even have the decency to be subtle when they copy/paste their stories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Mirror

Mail

January: Keep Zaha, get rid of one of the "big, big competition", replace him with Wesley; still only 29, surely still worth a punt?

Only 29 I thought he was about 31 def snap him up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sneijder to United, will this story NEVER DIE!?
    Daily Mail wrote:
    Mon, 6 July 2037

Sources close to Old Trafford revealed today that retired midfielder Wesley Sneijder is a summer target for Manchester United.

United, who have been struggling in the center of the field since the departure of club legend Roy Keane 32 years ago, are keen to entice the 53 year-old Dutchman with a £108 million deal which will keep him at the club for 4 years.

Meanwhile, 63 year-old midfielder Ryan Giggs will extend his contract for yet another year. Giggs is the only player to have played and scored in every season of the Premier League since its inception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember the first time we were strongly linked with Sneijder? The stumbling block was wages,seems like now he's on £50k a week at Galatasary,that's some drop from the reported £200k he wanted from United.

On the Zaha statement from Moyes,a bit odd considering his direct competition is a man who's afraid to take on a defender,crosses a ball once every 3 months & is so one footed he could take part in the paralympics.
    I thought when Moyes played him in preseason,that'd be the springboard to a great season from Zaha but now he can't even get a look in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

is this true does anyone know? If so itll be like a new signing!
    1382227_655982074422056_1930975486_n.jpg
    Darren Fletcher to return for Man Utd, he hasn't played since Boxing Day, has been in full training for a fortnight and could even return to first-team action against Norwich in the Capital One Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Although I don't think you will get great success with Moyes long term and am of the opinion that he isn't good enough for Utd, I genuinely believe that yesterday showed that he is starting to learn how to manage the squad better.

At Everton, he always had a good 11, so squad rotation and sub-management weren't something he had to worry about. Now he has 18 good players and I think the biggest reason for the poor start was his lack of understanding in how best to use these tools he inherited.

so as I said, yesterday for me he showed a better understanding of how to manage Utd but whether that translates to long-term is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I was impressed with the second half yesterday. The team played with determination and it paid off in the end. Moyes made some good substitutions and pushed for the win. Now we just need to build on that performance and things will start to come together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads i know the subs worked out well yesterday but i don't see how people are saying it's a positive he made attacking subs. We were losing he had no choice the problem i have is the subs he makes when we are winning. When we should be kicking on he brings on players to protect a lead.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    is this true does anyone know? If so itll be like a new signing!
    1382227_655982074422056_1930975486_n.jpg

Surelt it's going to be tough for him to get back to his previous level? But then again, going through something like that might spur him on to do even better!
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads i know the subs worked out well yesterday but i don't see how people are saying it's a positive he made attacking subs. We were losing he had no choice the problem i have is the subs he makes when we are winning. When we should be kicking on he brings on players to protect a lead.

Hopefully he learned his lesson on that against Southampton. Yesterday should have re-enforced that; until the defence cuts out the silly mistakes, United will need several goals to win games.

I really think until he decides on a settled back 4 then we are going to see mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I really think until he decides on a settled back 4 then we are going to see mistakes.
    And as long as Jones is not in the central pairing I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

14:50 in, it's that dude who goes to all the away games. I will say something if I ever see him, what a fool.

Nailz wrote: »
    And as long as Jones is not in the central pairing I'll be happy.

I said it before and people may think he is too good to loan out. But i think Jones would turn out a better defender if he went out on loan. He is spending his time being thrown in midfield, right back or every few games at cb. He needs a regular run of games at cb. At Blackburn he put in some performances when playing regularly and the same near the end of last season he was very good with a run of games. He has all the tools to be a very good cb but he needs to play to improve his weaknesses such as his positioning is suspect causing him to be rash. He tends to make a lot of last ditch tackles which look great but all it shows is poor positioning. He needs to play to improve these areas not thrown in every few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

RasTa wrote: »

14:50 in, it's that dude who goes to all the away games. I will say something if I ever see him, what a fool.

Just watched that from 14 mins to Chico's goal - 2 things - how in the name of all that's holy does yer man enjoy watching a game through his phone!!

And the fella whose voice you can hear constantly sounds like a royal pain in the hole! ****ed if I'm watching it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

What an idiot

He doesn't boo and says that the booing is not on. I was also delighted when Nani was taken off for Adnan. It was the turning point in the game and why United won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BXkxelFIAAAKoks.jpg:large

Apparently that's from the matchday programme yesterday.

I think people are getting mixed up. I don't think he was booed because he had a bad game but because he was walking off like a snail when losing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Originally Posted by Winston Payne View Post
    Attention-seeking or blithe incompetence? You decide.
    Swastika_2714741b.jpg

The response from Manchester United;
    08ACD5EC730647D29D45C2439725BF03.ashx

In this week's United Uncovered email newsletter, a graphic spelling the letters MUFC ran alongside a feature about Manchester United's younger squad members entitled New Order.

While the headline was intended to reference the band of the same name, it has been pointed out that the graphic had design similarities to a swastika which, combined with other connotations of the phrase 'new order', has caused offence which was entirely unintended.

For this, United Uncovered unreservedly apologises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The response from Manchester United;

That is ridiculous, how could they be so stupid!
    You would think that Januzaj's marketing guys would catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

PC gone mad

nuxxx wrote: »
    PC gone mad

Using a logo that looks like a swastika is even madder!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PC gone mad. If this is what gets people annoyed. Don't go outside, it's a big bad world. Won't somebody think of the children police. Total non issue imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks a bit like one maybe, it isn't one though. Daily Mail readers everywhere. Pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think people are getting mixed up. I don't think he was booed because he had a bad game but because he was walking off like a snail when losing the game.

I took it them booing Nani and his performance and not his slow walking off.

Sure there was a huge cheer from the crowd when his number was held up as the player coming off and then bood off the pitch.

I can see the hypocrisy of getting all high and mighty, criticising people who actually attended the game while I was watching it on the telly, but it left a very bad taste in the mouth and was a pretty low moment in an underwhelming season so far.

I do hope I'm wrong and you are right, and if haven't watched it back since but that was certainly my interpretation of it watching it "live"

lordgoat wrote: »
    PC gone mad. If this is what gets people annoyed. Don't go outside, it's a big bad world. Won't somebody think of the children police. Total non issue imo.

There's more than naive and simplistic viewpoints and opinions to be taken into consideration.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement