Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Looks a bit like one maybe, it isn't one though. Daily Mail readers everywhere. Pathetic really.

Coupled with the New Order it's not really a good marketing idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

adox wrote: »
    I took it them booing Nani and his performance and not his slow walking off.

Sure there was a huge cheer from the crowd when his number was held up as the player coming off and then bood off the pitch.

I can see the hypocrisy of getting all high and mighty, criticising people who actually attended the game while I was watching it on the telly, but it left a very bad taste in the mouth and was a pretty low moment in an underwhelming season so far.

I do hope I'm wrong and you are right, and if haven't watched it back since but that was certainly my interpretation of it watching it "live"

It was a bit of both I think. Whilst I don't agree with booing our own I can understand a fan who travels to OT and pays in wanting to express his opinion.

He didn't boo Nani but called him muck etc. Nani was shocking yesterday and many of his poor crosses were frustrating. He was involved in the goal but if one thing annoys me and I would imagine any football fan is to see a player not trying his hardest and taking his position for granted.

When Nani went down and rolled around and stayed on the ground when the team was working it got me annoyed too. There were times yesterday when he got the ball and didn't push on or sprint but was at jogging speed. He seems half hearted far to often during the game and its unacceptable tbh.

Funnily enough I understand both sides of the Nani debate, he does contribute and even when he is not playing well he can make an impact in a second with the skill he has in his locker.

Its when he looks disinterested and like he is not giving it his all is when I want him off. Yesterday was one of those days and no player should ever look disinterested, its unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

There were a lot of grumbles when he started to go off, and cheers when the sub board went up. But the boos only seemed to start when he started the long slow walk rather than running off to allow the change. Its impossible to be sure what was the trigger but that sure didn't help. I can't think he would have been booed if he had got off quickly. Also tbf there was also applause, which no matter how badly someone plays you'd expect from fans. A player can expect abuse and also keyboard ranting, but ordinarily I don't think any player should be booed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mark Hughes has gone bonkers, he thinks Hernandez should have been sent off for the challenge on Huth.
    "In my opinion he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway for the challenge on Robert Huth," said Hughes.

"It was a reckless challenge, I'm sure the lad would agree himself. It's dangerous and you've seen players sent off for lesser chances than that many times before. So we're disappointed with that decision.

"Why the assistant referee didn't see fit to do something about it I don't know. We were disappointed with the decision by the referee. It is very difficult to go against a 70,000 crowd here. Sometimes you have to be strong as a referee."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/251857.html#6l8TBrCZRZBHA6Vp.99

Palacios should have been off for a 2 footed tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Every Man United player should have been sent off Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Mark Hughes has gone bonkers, he thinks Hernandez should have been sent off for the challenge on Huth.

Hughes is always moaning, has really made me dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Another howler from the great joe hart. Wouldnt swap ddg for anyone

I have been saying for past 3 seasons how overrated Hart is, but even I am surprised how bad he is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What was Hart at? Bizzare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Waits for headlines tomorrow

"Nastasic error costs City the game"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Disappointed Neville didnt rip into Hart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

IvySlayer wrote: »

It worked for DDG hes clever and wants Hart to be ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What are you disappointed about? Neville has been awful. He just looks amazing next to the likes of Carragher, Yorke, Souness.

His DDG rant was completely cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

City have an abundance of excellent midfielders and attackers, But have a dodgy keeper and only two reliable defenders, Kompany and Zabaletta. Kompany makes up for a lot when he plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Are people surprised that an England coach isn't criticising the England no.1? Neville was by far the best pundit around before becoming involved in the England set-up, but his bias is beginning to show through his hesitance to criticise England internationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mad that we are only 2 points behind City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RasTa wrote: »
    Mad that if we are only 2 points behind City

They have won the battle for 7th this weekend, but the war is long, and in the end when the dust has settled, we will be victorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Red Crow wrote: »
    What are you disappointed about? Neville has been awful. He just looks amazing next to the likes of Carragher, Yorke, Souness.

His DDG rant was completely cheap.

Thats not true, he was good last year as well. Since he works with Hart for England he wasn't going to rip into him.

Wonder if Hughes thought Palacios deserved to stay on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Waits for headlines tomorrow

"Nastasic error costs City the game"

In fairness he is getting called out on his mistakes lately. Actually it's nearly gone full circle where anything he does right is ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

He is on the England coaching set up. Has to be careful what he says I'd imagine just like the "debate" him and Carragher had about Lamps, Gerrard and Scholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Woodward preparing to splash out in January. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-chief-executive-ed-6244375?

Asked about Ronaldo he replied "Who knows?" And he added: "I do think that we as a club should be aspiring and having the best players."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    Woodward preparing to splash out in January. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-chief-executive-ed-6244375?

Asked about Ronaldo he replied "Who knows?" And he added: "I do think that we as a club should be aspiring and having the best players."

i liked some of his comments - with the hope he follows through on them.

Looking at safe standing and greater fan inclusion or access in the club.

On transfers, he said it was disappointing to only have two players in the top 25 list for the Fifa awards - that United should have multiple players of that caliber. Hopefully he follows through in looking to bring that type of player in - and getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Didnt Ronaldo sign a new 5 year deal there recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

a solid proper midfielder is what we need.. a player who can get up and down the pitch without falling on his face, can pick out a pass, can dribble, can tackle.... lads on another forum saying we are taking a big interest in Draxler....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Pg3r8jXrs

Timmyctc wrote: »

Yep, contracted to 2018

Yep. I now think that one is dead. Think it was doable in the summer, but not now that he has signed a contract.

I think United need to be looking at the next generation of potential superstars if we are to have a chance of having more 'best in the world' players.

Players like Muriel from Udinese, for example, or Draxler at Shalke. I reckon Draxler is going to be one we look to fight for. Not in January, but after the WC.

If I could buy 3 players for United it would be Draxler, Fabregas and Kroos.

In ideal world of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

article-0-19055D1500000578-803_634x618.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

^^Typical lack of effort from Rooney. Couldn't even be bothered to dress up.

• Advertisement

Jesus Rooney looks bit rough today.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Rio's hands are very white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Thats the stuff ed you shrewd business man you, tell the whole market you have money and willing to spend big. He didnt learn at the feet of daniel levy thats for sure

n32 wrote: »
    Thats the stuff ed you shrewd business man you, tell the whole market you have money and willing to spend big. He didnt learn at the feet of daniel levy thats for sure

In fairness - it wouldn't be a secret we have money - the finances and revenue of the club would make that obvious to start. the fairly well know MASSIVE bid for Bale would also show it. Other clubs will know we have money to spend regardless of Woodward saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

All the money in the world and their costumes look like ****e.

My costume from a few years ago is better. I cut up a black sack, tied it round my neck and got some black face paint and painted a face mask around my eyes.

It was an improvement on my previous year's effort. I bought a white bed sheet, cut three holes in it and went as Casper the ghost. I managed to get into the nightclub for free that night. Everyone else had a ticket. I'm convinced that I actually was invisible that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Its gonna be very hard to hold onto Hernandez next year.
    Think there will be plenty of clubs in for him and he wants to play more obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rooney is not going anywhere.

Not convinced that Rooney is not still interested in a move,hope I'm wrong.

Rooney is not going anywhere.

When he scored on Sat there he looked like someone who was struggling to contain their excitement at scoring. Back against Swansea when he set up those two goals he seemed the complete opposite imo.

seligehgit wrote: »

Agreed - he'd quite happily move imo.

He would equally sign a MASSIVE new contract at United, but I'm far from convinced United want to offer him an increase on the current contract - so I can see Rooney leaving next summer if we can get a bid from abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

seligehgit wrote: »

Doesn't matter if he wants the move. He won't be sold to Chelsea. If he refused to play then we'd be forced to sell him, but I don't think Rooney is that sort of player. He'll keep giving 100% for united regardless.

Bit let's not forget that he never handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why even say that? He's signed a new contract and everything.

Pointless. The guy is still a tool.

J. Marston wrote: »

Stranger things have happened. Last time I checked, Stewart Downing was still a professional footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Agreed - he'd quite happily move imo.

He would equally sign a MASSIVE new contract at United, but I'm far from convinced United want to offer him an increase on the current contract - so I can see Rooney leaving next summer if we can get a bid from abroad.

Yeah defo in fact I think they want to reduce the cost of his next contract.Personally think the fact that he did not hand in a transfer request was a matter of winning the battle for the fans hearts and minds.He did seem to want to leave the club and wanted the club to blink first and attempt to sell.The club simply called his bluff and after the Fabregas fiasco were no longer willing to even consider selling a very important player even if he was discontented.
    I'd snap Chelsea's hands off if they offered 35 million plus Mata for Rooney.Not likely to happen,don't think Rooney has more than another year left on his contract???

From reading the interview it is an honest response to a question.

How is he, or are we, or anyone, to know what will happen in madrid over the next couple of seasons? Maybe Ronaldo will get pissed off and demand a move cause the club loves Bale more - or whomever their next Galactico is. Maybe Ronaldo will become available at some point; at which point we should be interested. So the honest answer is 'Who knows'. It doesnt appear to have been said with a nod and a wink, I don't think a deal is being worked on or anything - but it would be poor from Woodward if he were to categorically rule United out of a move for Ronaldo (or a player of his ilk) just because right now it seems unrealistic.

I'm probably Woodward's second biggest critic on this thread but as I said the other day he comes across very well in the interview. I don't buy, and won't ever buy, some of the crap regarding the transfer window. He won't ever tell the full truth of what happened, it will never officially come out. That is fair enough, thats business. In general terms of what he says in the interview and how he says it - its a damn good interview that I don't have any real issue with.

Hoping he follows through on hints and desire to have the best at united. I hope he follows through on his aims for improving the fans access to and inclusion in the club. Hope he does push for a proper review of safe standing possibilities at United.

Looking forward to the second half of the interview.

Well worth purchasing UWS this month for it, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Stranger things have happened. Last time I checked, Stewart Downing was still a professional footballer.

Tom Cleverley too:confused:

• Advertisement

personally reckon he has had a very decent season so far. performed well, generally, when played. Not the creative spark I would like him to be, but he has got stuck in with tackles, tracked runners and used the ball well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I personally think he is best in a 3 man midfield,thought he Carrick and Fellani did well in a game i saw but can't quite remember which one :o

Bebe would have been a better option there. Cleverly isn't an awful footballer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Jesus Christ. Weren't people saying this about Gill when he started and Kenyon was pissing all over him in the transfer market?

This is a positive signal of intent from him and he was put into a very difficult situation in July with a manager who didn't have the knowledge of the club's scouting or the proper targets in place due to the short amount of notice he got for the job and working for his old club until very close to when he started at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

When he scored on Sat there he looked like someone who was struggling to contain their excitement at scoring. Back against Swansea when he set up those two goals he seemed the complete opposite imo.

He was also laughing and joking with RvP when they were walking off after the match. Obviously they would be feeling better after the win but still it was positive to see.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement